Path of Fire Level 80 Boost

Hey all-

I recently bought the PoF deluxe expansion, and was testing out the level 80 boost in Silverwaste. My main is level 67 now, and I was excited about the new mounts. Well... my 12 year old son decided to permanently boost his character, and it appears that you can only use the boost on one. Am I screwed? Is there another way I can boost my character?

Thanks!

> @"PRoZaCHeuS.3056" said:

> Hey all-

> I recently bought the PoF deluxe expansion, and was testing out the level 80 boost in Silverwaste. My main is level 67 now, and I was excited about the new mounts. Well... my 12 year old son decided to permanently boost his character, and it appears that you can only use the boost on one. Am I screwed? Is there another way I can boost my character?

>

> Thanks!

Yep screwed, Once it's permanently used that's it.

I would craft from 67 it wouldn't take long

> @"PRoZaCHeuS.3056" said:

> Hey all-

> I recently bought the PoF deluxe expansion, and was testing out the level 80 boost in Silverwaste. My main is level 67 now, and I was excited about the new mounts. Well... my 12 year old son decided to permanently boost his character, and it appears that you can only use the boost on one. Am I screwed? Is there another way I can boost my character?

>

> Thanks!

As the person above me mentioned, you can only use it once. However, you can buy additional 80 boosts from the gemstore, or just level through map completion/quests/crafting/ or tomes of knowledge. Just trying to be helpful, though obviously I don't know your full situation, but maybe your son having his own account would help in the future (obviously up to you as a parent though!). Hope that helps and let me know if you still have any questions!

An other option is that mounts are account wide. So you could play the PoF intro story with your son's character (Based on the Teen rating, and that account sharing isn't allowed, I'm going to assume that your son plays supervised by you ;) ). This will unlock the Raptor for every character on the account, which should keep you busy until you've leveled *your* main to 80 to play PoF with.

The level 80 boost can only be used once, but there are several other ways to get a character to level 80.

1. The obvious - level them normally by going around the world doing events, killing enemies, doing story quests, map completion etc. almost everything in this game gives XP so you can pretty much play what you want and gain levels.

2. Tomes of Knowledge - these come from login rewards and from playing WvW and PvP. Each one grants 1 level.

3. Crafting - if you buy the materials (or already have them) you can level up a craft very quickly and you gain a lot of normal XP while doing it. There's guides available for the best way to do it.

4. Buy another level 80 boost. It's expensive but it is the quickest way.

(For future reference - I always like to keep at least 80 Tomes of Knowledge in my bank just in case I ever want to instantly level a character. It doesn't happen often but they come in handy when it does.)