What type of Elite Specialization would you like to see the thief get?

supa suop.8026

Not quite sure, I love my ' must power ' mindset, but sacrificing some dmg for more survivability, be it through heals, buffs or evades, would be quite interesting for Thief, especially in melee.

I know people might say that Staff DD was ment to be that, but it didn't work at all. Instead of Staff with evasion weapon skills and additional Evade, the next Elite could be that of a melee weapon with little access to blocks and small amount of evasion without the additional Evade. With Steal focusing at more defensive playstyle, the Shadowstep would be kept, but stolen Items would change to small amounts of heal or regeneration with ICD to prevent Improvisation abuse, or with buffs on each item. Also the new Stolen Items could contain more AoE ones.

Just to mix it up, the new trait line could focus at improving DMG with the new Weapon and Boon durations / or Heals.

Support. And support that is viable in instanced PvE. Please. Pretty please. Pretty please with like 174 cherries on top.

Deadeye is currently decent for power damage, Condition Daredevil has been a thing for years, open world it doesn't really matter what you play and I believe both Core Thief and Daredevil have decent sPvP options but we are the only profession in the game that doesn't have a viable support option unless we are on a raid boss with Explode Plasma.

So, support. It is what we are missing the most currently.

Give Spellthief with Focus please.

> @"Miatela.5047" said:

> Support. And support that is viable in instanced PvE. Please. Pretty please. Pretty please with like 174 cherries on top.

>

> Deadeye is currently decent for power damage, Condition Daredevil has been a thing for years, open world it doesn't really matter what you play and I believe both Core Thief and Daredevil have decent sPvP options but we are the only profession in the game that doesn't have a viable support option unless we are on a raid boss with Explode Plasma.

>

> So, support. It is what we are missing the most currently.

>

> Give Spellthief with Focus please. I'd also happily take a Healer option with Focus as well so long as it is viable in most content.

> @"Miatela.5047" said:

> we are the only profession in the game that doesn't have a viable support option unless we are on a raid boss with Explode Plasma

Deadeye's mark would have been perfect for group support if it would also work like a special "debuff" for the enemy, for example: the target takes X amount of more damage from / does X amount of less damage to everyone who marked this enemy as his target in addition to some kind of lifesteal effect for everyone who attacks the marked target based on % of damage dealed. Turning the enemy into a "priority target" would also fit perfectly with the theme of the skill.

A bare knuckle martial arts fighter that is cc based in their attacks. You access the attack skills by using Stow Weapons. 50% chance to evade attacks with a Quickness buff, 25% without. Your stealth skill is Rabbit Punch that stuns and knocks down your opponent from behind.

Boxing combo attack chain ends with Uppercut, an interrupt skill.

Eye poke blinds.

Elbow smash is a daze skill.

Flying knee is a leap finisher and the highest damage dealer that also inflicts bleed.

Crotch Kick is a stun and inflicts weakness and is accompanied by an "oof" sound.

I would create a Swashbuckler specialization built around controlling a fight and countering with big shots. Sword offhand that is built defensively around blocks, deflects and reflects. Reposte would be the "special", stacking when enemies are blocked, stunned, etc. Steal would become Counter that uses Reposte stacks to launch massive counter shots, remove boons, transfer conditions, restore init, etc. Taunts, blocks, stuns would be the cornerstone of the build.

> @"Straegen.2938" said:

> I would create a Swashbuckler specialization built around controlling a fight and countering with big shots. Sword offhand that is built defensively around blocks, deflects and reflects. Reposte would be the "special", stacking when enemies are blocked, stunned, etc. Steal would become Counter that uses Reposte stacks to launch massive counter shots, remove boons, transfer conditions, restore init, etc. Taunts, blocks, stuns would be the cornerstone of the build.

But reposte is used in the 3 other major sword builds.... I'd like to see something a bit more out there. But its hard to say what, since Core thief is focused on mobility, DD offers a brawling play style, and Deadeye has all the ranged ideas for it covered. If it were to go support Spec, what could it do that the other especs aren't already doing way better. Look at SoulBeast Stance share..... its a cool idea, but so damn underwhelming in practice.

Maybe a shut down spec based on Mace (with a Thug theme)... but its sort of already done in Thief via steal.

> @"Miatela.5047" said:

> Support. And support that is viable in instanced PvE. Please. Pretty please. Pretty please with like 174 cherries on top.

>

> Deadeye is currently decent for power damage, Condition Daredevil has been a thing for years, open world it doesn't really matter what you play and I believe both Core Thief and Daredevil have decent sPvP options but we are the only profession in the game that doesn't have a viable support option unless we are on a raid boss with Explode Plasma.

>

> So, support. It is what we are missing the most currently.

>

> Give Spellthief with Focus please.

A support elite traitline should works well with Trickery traitline (Thrill of the crime & Bountiful theft) as enhancement (granting high uptime of Fury, Swiftness and Vigor).

Assuming they'll keep thief's initiative system, I'd like to see off hand sword, and a trait that reduces initiative costs of weapon skills to 1 if you use a different skill within a 2-3 second window, gaining extra +5%/10% stacking damage everytime you do, stacking until 50% increased damage for the final hit/skill you use and resets if you complete the whole rotation successfully. If you fail to use a unique skill in that period, or repeat using a skill twice you're penalized by having to spend full initiative + extra initiative cost so that it won't be abused in pvp/wvw, and the damage buff will be put on a few seconds cooldown until it activates again.

This is mainly for pve though, I'd like to see a combo system in gw2, and makes the new elite spec a high skill cap one so that the salty weaver's can't whine when thieves do 40-50k dps if played perfectly.

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> But reposte is used in the 3 other major sword builds.... I'd like to see something a bit more out there. But its hard to say what, since Core thief is focused on mobility, DD offers a brawling play style, and Deadeye has all the ranged ideas for it covered. If it were to go support Spec, what could it do that the other especs aren't already doing way better. Look at SoulBeast Stance share..... its a cool idea, but so kitten underwhelming in practice.

>

> Maybe a shut down spec based on Mace (with a Thug theme)... but its sort of already done in Thief via steal.

Dare Devil is an evasion spec not really a brawler spec. I am suggesting a true counter play spec which is something almost completely lacking in the game. Dare Devil almost got there with a couple of its skills but falls short. Offhand could be sword and new skills would be stances centered around countering player attacks. Dodges could be Parry which builds "Reposte Stacks" then the steal becoming a variable Counter that key off enemy attacks including big hits, knockdowns, disarm (putting the enemy on full cooldown), init reset, etc. This would allow for very dynamic play right on a target which is something the thief has mostly lost.

Another interesting spec could be an Unarmed Spec centered around the same. Essentially a "Kung Fu" build allowing the player to use Stances similar to an Engi kit.

No single traitline is every going to make the thief a viable support spec. Too many of its other trait lines are too weak in a group setting to be workable in that role. Besides it is an oddball role for a class built around deception and mobility.

Make a thief that is excellent in boon stealing, add a unique thing to it like you cant apply boons to a marked target or whaetever, rework the previous power/condi builds so they are viable, but common every class in this game can become a support/healer/DPS/COndi DPS thief is just DPS DPS DPS and condi troll.....

Engineer: Support/Healer, DPS, Condi

Necro: Can Support, DPS, CONDI, excelent class for hybrid builds

Warrior: Support/DPS/Condi, must have class in wvw

Guardian: One of anets fav thingy Support/Healer, Healer, Support, Condi, DPS, core works fine, DH works (even tho some people claim it aint), FB dont even wanna talk about it

Mesmer: Support, DPS, Duelist one of the best Condi, Good for hybrid builds seems like anet fav class

Ranger: Support/Healer, DPS, Condi

Ele: Support/Healer(buff Warhorn/tempest ffs), DPS(one of the best), Best duelist imo, Condi, Good for hybrid builds

Revenant: Support/Healer, DPS (one of the best in PvP enviroments), Condi

And we have thief the most hated class, everytime you nerf us because of nyenye i got onehitted by shadowrefugee thief while have no cds and running back to my zerg on a zerker staff ele......., and all the reveals maaaan guardian the biggest thief counter in this game got a reveal, ranger a class that can kill us with a rapidfire has one, warrior, reve, engineer everyone has one nowdays its so frustrating to play this class, a week ago an engineer stacked 12 seconds of reveal on me.....

Honestly i wouldnt even be suprised if we would get cds on weapon skills, also our elite specializations are jokes, some guy here mentioned that we dont get dual weapons ofc we dont get it would take time to design, look at every other classes that how intresting specializations they get, and we? dps dps dps dps, wthey gave us ONE MORE DODGE OMG SO INNOVATIVE give me a day and i design a better elite spec then we currently have now... you now what next post

Thief Elite Spec: dont have a name for it

Stealing is replaced with unique skills, that provides team support, and provides your team counter against the specific Mob/Enemy (my mind is usually in pvp/wvw mode sorry for this tho)

Stealing: Stealing now marks the enemy makes them vunerable and unnefective at getting boons(vunerable here != the condi)

A Marked target cant receive boons for a short durations, and while being marked incoming boon durations are halfed

New weapon focus: Thief will now buff its allies with words, while inducing fear in his/her enemies hearts.

In skills design we need to consider our unique no cd weapon skills so i dont have ideas yet for this.

Utilities: Party invunerability would be fun, some unique skills to revive downed allies fast and in a safe way, provinding health and regen to our allies that we stealhed so yeah

I'd like one of two things for Thief, both power oriented because I simply find Condi disgusting, but each to their own.

Personally I'd love an actual 1v1/Bruiser option for Thief to use for PvP and WvW. Core S/D and Staff DD (or S/x DD for that matter) all got close in recent times and way back S/D really was 1v1 king... But it's a playstyle that we are currently lacking and that's very much missed by a big part of the community.

Evasion and Control through a Sword Off-Hand would just be perfect for the Thief Theme, in my opinion.

The other thing I'd like to see is an actual support option. Thief is very selfish in all its iterations, sure we can give group stealth and do some small things with Boons and Cleanses+Endurance, but nothing dedicated to it.

I personally don't believe we need it and other classes are likely to always do it better, but I've seen it requested very often and I do belie it could provide a very interesting playstyle. Would probably be more of a PvE thing, but who knows, could surely make it work for PvP and WvW too as at least some sort of gimmick.