60,000 damage from 1 ability, is that normal?

ceces.9368

> @"Legatus.3608" said:

> This whole thing is really interesting but I can't sort through the 5 pages. Did they figure this out? Is it a bug/exploit? Anyone come close to 60k on a test run in pvp yet?

No, no one can replicate it the way he is doing. Every form of trying to do this requires a lot of set up and prep. Closest anyone can get is about 32,000 with setting up everything and not being in stealth. He is doing it from stealth without any debuffs and no set up it seems. Also, still no reply from Ben and they actually buffed the ability.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> > @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> > https://clips.twitch.tv/TastyUninterestedSlothDatSheffy

> >

> > I will just leave this right here. If you search hard enough on phantaram's channel you can find a spree of him being one-shot in a similar manner about 4 times in about a 3 minute span with the largest hit landing for a bit over 30k from straight out of stealth.

>

> Hold up... that's at least 15 seconds of stealth, if not more. That's not possible. For a ranger that is utterly and completely impossible. You can reach max ~8-10 sec stacking stealth with daggers, warhorn, pets, etc. *that is not possble*

>

> **Edit:** sweet jesus, they're actually using dagger/warhorn + pig. That said, I tried it out myself to see how long I'd stay in stealth with tuft of hair + smokescale stealth stacking. I got to 12 seconds of totalth stealthed time. I can only assume the ranger was stealthed even longer than 15 sec because of how you cant see smokefield AOE, no pet, no ranger, no visuals etc.

You can actually see the smokefield between :08 - 0:9. So he uses smoke field to stealth first (I'm guessing sword 2 leap and warhorn 5 for stealth) and siamoth. Interesting!

> @"Euthymias.7984" said:

> > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > If those **AOE** 20k+ Worldly Impact is balanced, why was Rock Gazelle nerfed? Please revert the nerf. Thanks.

>

> Gazelle's Charge was not controllable and could do its nonsense regardless of the ranger's build (even Druid could get away with it - same complaints people had about Iboga in PvE when Consuming Bite was a thing). Even now it still bugs out on odd occasions to hit for 9k+, though its rare.

> At the very least, Worldly Impact kills require a full glass build and an active attempt at setting it up to land it.

Gazelle couldn't be controlled, which is a negative. WI can be done from Stealth and has a large aoe. You don't even need to go zerker, just go marauder with sic em and you'll be getting stupid numbers... even worse in wvw.

> @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > @"Euthymias.7984" said:

> > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > If those **AOE** 20k+ Worldly Impact is balanced, why was Rock Gazelle nerfed? Please revert the nerf. Thanks.

> >

> > Gazelle's Charge was not controllable and could do its nonsense regardless of the ranger's build (even Druid could get away with it - same complaints people had about Iboga in PvE when Consuming Bite was a thing). Even now it still bugs out on odd occasions to hit for 9k+, though its rare.

> > At the very least, Worldly Impact kills require a full glass build and an active attempt at setting it up to land it.

>

> Gazelle couldn't be controlled, which is a negative. WI can be done from Stealth and has a large aoe. You don't even need to go zerker, just go marauder with sic em and you'll be getting stupid numbers... even worse in wvw.

it should be huge, but in fact when you use it seems that its range is lesser than what you can read in the tolltip :/.

Even though I haven't experimented yet (will try when I get to my computer) but after running it in my mind I feel like it's doable given that you run the zerkest gear and offence traits. Weapon choice would be sword+warhorn and greatsword. "We Heal As One", "Sick 'em", Moa Stance, Signet of the wild and "Strength of the Pack". Pets are smokescale and siamoth.

To build the set up, first you have siamoth drop a stealth item then switch to smokescale to drop the smoke field.

Use sword #2 and warhorn #5 which gives you 6 stacks of might and 6 sec of stealth. With the stealth item, you have 9 sec of stealth and 6 stacks of might.

Pop "Strength of the Pack" and "We heal as one" (copy boons from pet gives you 12 stacks of might) then merge (24 stacks of might)

Then moa stance to extend boon duration, GS #3 to get close to the target, "sick 'em" for the multiplier and finally MAUL/WORLDLY IMPACT for the one shot.

In Phantaram's clip, you can see he doesn't have vulnerability on him and the Soulbeast only stealthed for about 7 seconds, definitely not 15 sec (stealth is from :8 - :15 in the clip). So I think this might be the right set up for the one shot. I tried this with Longbow during the no downstate weekend and the aa dmg can get out of hand. Reading this now just makes me wanna go home and test it out.

> @"neptunechild.4831" said:

> Even though I haven't experimented yet (will try when I get to my computer) but after running it in my mind I feel like it's doable given that you run the zerkest gear and offence traits. Weapon choice would be sword+warhorn and greatsword. "We Heal As One", "Sick 'em", Moa Stance, Signet of the wild and "Strength of the Pack". Pets are smokescale and siamoth.

>

> To build the set up, first you have siamoth drop a stealth item then switch to smokescale to drop the smoke field.

> Use sword #2 and warhorn #5 which gives you 6 stacks of might and 6 sec of stealth. With the stealth item, you have 9 sec of stealth and 6 stacks of might.

> Pop "Strength of the Pack" and "We heal as one" (copy boons from pet gives you 12 stacks of might) then merge (24 stacks of might)

> Then moa stance to extend boon duration, GS #3 to get close to the target, "sick 'em" for the multiplier and finally MAUL/WORLDLY IMPACT for the one shot.

>

> In Phantaram's clip, you can see he doesn't have vulnerability on him and the Soulbeast only stealthed for about 7 seconds, definitely not 15 sec (stealth is from :8 - :15 in the clip). So I think this might be the right set up for the one shot. I tried this with Longbow during the no downstate weekend and the aa dmg can get out of hand. Reading this now just makes me wanna go home and test it out.

Interesting with the siamoth. Gonna try it out again. @8/9 seconds, is that the rangers Muddy Terrain? So def using WHaO to pre stack but then again is he using Wilderness Survival. I'm actually concerned we figure it out and becomes the new thing.

Due to this thread I started to run as many possible damage amplifiers as possible and took my build into WvW for those extra stats and buffs... The highest "Worldy Impact" hit was 48,000.....

48000 is ridiculously high but that's the highest I got in WvW... I can't work out how to get higher... Does anyone know what this exact build is because to achieve 60k in sPvP I must be missing a tonne of damage amplifiers or missing some setup?

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> Due to this thread I started to run as many possible damage amplifiers as possible and took my build into WvW for those extra stats and buffs... The highest "Worldy Impact" hit was 48,000.....

>

> 48000 is ridiculously high but that's the highest I got in WvW... I can't work out how to get higher... Does anyone know what this exact build is because to achieve 60k in sPvP I must be missing a tonne of damage amplifiers or missing some setup?

That's what we are trying to figure out. If you watch the twitch clip, he doesn't even debuff the ele with vul stacks, or pre preps. He just warhorns for the boons and that's it, hitting over 30,000. The video is over 20 days old, so during that time(If this is a bug), he has gotten better at using it to get that much damage without debuffs or anything.

And this is in sPvP, where stats are lower because you can't get food/utility buffs

> @"ceces.9368" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > Due to this thread I started to run as many possible damage amplifiers as possible and took my build into WvW for those extra stats and buffs... The highest "Worldy Impact" hit was 48,000.....

> >

> > 48000 is ridiculously high but that's the highest I got in WvW... I can't work out how to get higher... Does anyone know what this exact build is because to achieve 60k in sPvP I must be missing a tonne of damage amplifiers or missing some setup?

>

> That's what we are trying to figure out. If you watch the twitch clip, he doesn't even debuff the ele with vul stacks, or pre preps. He just warhorns for the boons and that's it, hitting over 30,000. The video is over 20 days old, so during that time(If this is a bug), he has gotten better at using it to get that much damage without debuffs or anything.

>

> And this is in sPvP, where stats are lower because you can't get food/utility buffs

Which is why I made a point of saying I went to WvW with extra stats.... I got 48k against a Mesmer but the highest I could hit against heavies was maybe 20k...

Somethin fishy is going on but having said that, maybe I'm missing something in the build, runes, sigils or set up.

> @"Outsider.6051" said:

> > @"neptunechild.4831" said:

> > Even though I haven't experimented yet (will try when I get to my computer) but after running it in my mind I feel like it's doable given that you run the zerkest gear and offence traits. Weapon choice would be sword+warhorn and greatsword. "We Heal As One", "Sick 'em", Moa Stance, Signet of the wild and "Strength of the Pack". Pets are smokescale and siamoth.

> >

> > To build the set up, first you have siamoth drop a stealth item then switch to smokescale to drop the smoke field.

> > Use sword #2 and warhorn #5 which gives you 6 stacks of might and 6 sec of stealth. With the stealth item, you have 9 sec of stealth and 6 stacks of might.

> > Pop "Strength of the Pack" and "We heal as one" (copy boons from pet gives you 12 stacks of might) then merge (24 stacks of might)

> > Then moa stance to extend boon duration, GS #3 to get close to the target, "sick 'em" for the multiplier and finally MAUL/WORLDLY IMPACT for the one shot.

> >

> > In Phantaram's clip, you can see he doesn't have vulnerability on him and the Soulbeast only stealthed for about 7 seconds, definitely not 15 sec (stealth is from :8 - :15 in the clip). So I think this might be the right set up for the one shot. I tried this with Longbow during the no downstate weekend and the aa dmg can get out of hand. Reading this now just makes me wanna go home and test it out.

>

> Interesting with the siamoth. Gonna try it out again. @8/9 seconds, is that the rangers Muddy Terrain? So def using WHaO to pre stack but then again is he using Wilderness Survival. I'm actually concerned we figure it out and becomes the new thing.

I think that's smoke field but I could be wrong. You're right! I feel like you need Beastmastery and Marksmanship to achieve the best dmg setup? Is he really running Wilderness Survival tho?

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> I don't pvp so I can't so comment on arena type buffs.

> I run with 3400 power in wvw and, without sic'em, WI usually hit for 12-16k on targets if I crit and they are also full glass.

> That's with a 66% chance to crit and 230% crit damage.

> Those screenshot numbers seem high, unless arenas seriously give you 3-4x multipliers, and solo, a soulbeast can't stack 10 seconds of stealth.

> /shrug

I don't mean to be that guy but:

Smoke Field > Warhorn Blast > leap > leap is 10s of stealth roughly isn't it with the sword/wh and GS set up?

or with Longbow / GS set up you can always longbow 3 > smoke field > leap for about 6s of stealth

> @"neptunechild.4831" said:

> > @"Outsider.6051" said:

> > > @"neptunechild.4831" said:

> > > Even though I haven't experimented yet (will try when I get to my computer) but after running it in my mind I feel like it's doable given that you run the zerkest gear and offence traits. Weapon choice would be sword+warhorn and greatsword. "We Heal As One", "Sick 'em", Moa Stance, Signet of the wild and "Strength of the Pack". Pets are smokescale and siamoth.

> > >

> > > To build the set up, first you have siamoth drop a stealth item then switch to smokescale to drop the smoke field.

> > > Use sword #2 and warhorn #5 which gives you 6 stacks of might and 6 sec of stealth. With the stealth item, you have 9 sec of stealth and 6 stacks of might.

> > > Pop "Strength of the Pack" and "We heal as one" (copy boons from pet gives you 12 stacks of might) then merge (24 stacks of might)

> > > Then moa stance to extend boon duration, GS #3 to get close to the target, "sick 'em" for the multiplier and finally MAUL/WORLDLY IMPACT for the one shot.

> > >

> > > In Phantaram's clip, you can see he doesn't have vulnerability on him and the Soulbeast only stealthed for about 7 seconds, definitely not 15 sec (stealth is from :8 - :15 in the clip). So I think this might be the right set up for the one shot. I tried this with Longbow during the no downstate weekend and the aa dmg can get out of hand. Reading this now just makes me wanna go home and test it out.

> >

> > Interesting with the siamoth. Gonna try it out again. @8/9 seconds, is that the rangers Muddy Terrain? So def using WHaO to pre stack but then again is he using Wilderness Survival. I'm actually concerned we figure it out and becomes the new thing.

>

> I think that's smoke field but I could be wrong. You're right! I feel like you need Beastmastery and Marksmanship to achieve the best dmg setup? Is he really running Wilderness Survival tho?

Rechecked it. IDK why but even at 1080p it looks blurry to me it seems to be moving so must still be the smokefield. Seems impossible to pull off without marksman and beastmaster.

I checked siamoth and apparently forage can get you plasma for all boons which would give you a solid 6% damage buff with the sigil.

Honestly, I think most good rangers don't care if this gets nerfed, or most rangers for that matter... It's literally just a gimmick and has no actual use anywhere in any competitive meta form.

**I think most are scared of the balance process that comes from this, this is the defense you're seeing. Anet balance history shows they don't just nerf the actual problems, they nerf all of the indirect things that have no relevance to the real problem and they kill 3 builds in the process.**

Guaranteed, this will happen again, and soulbeast will be even LESS useful than it already is, is it even in the meta right now? I highly doubt it, and with druid not even being able to contest side nodes against condi mesmer anymore, I'm not sure what constitutes a useful role for ranger in the current meta since holosmith basically outperforms as a roaming skirmisher.

Let's keep in mind I'm not defending the damage, I think it's quite obvious it's a bug with scaling , even though it can't seem to be reproduced (??). He could very well be hacking/using a program to exploit stats somehow since it seems to be only 1 person who's able to do this and has been doing it for years, I'm not sure if this is kept server-side or client-side. If it's client-side , it's very possible. BDO has things like this to amplify damage.

Like I said before, I and most other rangers are more scared about the balance process that comes from the bug and how they "fix" it.

> @"ZhouX.8742" said:

> Honestly, I think most good rangers don't care if this gets nerfed, or most rangers for that matter... It's literally just a gimmick and has no actual use anywhere in any competitive meta form.

>

> **I think most are scared of the balance process that comes from this, this is the defense you're seeing. Anet balance history shows they don't just nerf the actual problems, they nerf all of the indirect things that have no relevance to the real problem and they kill 3 builds in the process.**

>

> Guaranteed, this will happen again, and soulbeast will be even LESS useful than it already is, is it even in the meta right now? I highly doubt it, and with druid not even being able to contest side nodes against condi mesmer anymore, I'm not sure what constitutes a useful role for ranger in the current meta since holosmith basically outperforms as a roaming skirmisher.

>

> Let's keep in mind I'm not defending the damage, I think it's quite obvious it's a bug with scaling , even though it can't seem to be reproduced (??). He could very well be hacking/using a program to exploit stats somehow since it seems to be only 1 person who's able to do this and has been doing it for years, I'm not sure if this is kept server-side or client-side. If it's client-side , it's very possible. BDO has things like this to amplify damage.

>

> Like I said before, I and most other rangers are more scared about the balance process that comes from the bug and how they "fix" it.

Exactly this. This is the main reason I just decided to play everything for PvP. Prevents the heartbreak. They nerf something that affects a lot of builds using the same thing gutting everything else and just toning down the OP one.

I can't play atm so I just went and made bad math. Phantaram getting one shot is doable, he got hit for 26k, my math landed me at 23.6k so not a bad diff, only needed 20k to down him. Assuming he had an armor of 2185. Might be the guy really knows his ranger. Hope we get footage of the 60k WI.

https://imgur.com/Z4flCta

hope the link works.

> Friendly remainder for everyone testing out that beastmastery and MMS got a buff in this patch so the numbers you're getting are inacurate

It's irrelevant, they nerfed the only thing viable out of all of this ... Smokescale. Even then, it was and always will be used as utility and nothing more, once they nerf that, it's over and any pet will be equally useless. Precisely why you can't take this balance team seriously and as I said before, why this thread will only lead to any form of power ranger being absolutely gutted. Don't even care if they nerf this bug, but they won't just nerf the bug, they'll destroy specs that are not even barely in the meta at all.

> @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> https://clips.twitch.tv/TastyUninterestedSlothDatSheffy

>

> I will just leave this right here. If you search hard enough on phantaram's channel you can find a spree of him being one-shot in a similar manner about 4 times in about a 3 minute span with the largest hit landing for a bit over 30k from straight out of stealth.

And there it is, thanks for posting this. I thought these claims of 15+ second stealths were embellished, but apparently they were not!

Aside from Phantaram pointing out the 20 second stealth, I'll add that in conjunction with what my video displays in terms of what it takes to land 30k hits, this is a very curious situation indeed.

> > @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> > https://clips.twitch.tv/TastyUninterestedSlothDatSheffy

> >

> > I will just leave this right here. If you search hard enough on phantaram's channel you can find a spree of him being one-shot in a similar manner about 4 times in about a 3 minute span with the largest hit landing for a bit over 30k from straight out of stealth.

>

> Hold up... that's at least 15 seconds of stealth, if not more. That's not possible. For a ranger that is utterly and completely impossible. You can reach max ~8-10 sec stacking stealth with daggers, warhorn, pets, etc. *that is not possble*

>

> **Edit:** sweet jesus, they're actually using dagger/warhorn + pig. That said, I tried it out myself to see how long I'd stay in stealth with tuft of hair + smokescale stealth stacking. I got to 12 seconds of totalth stealthed time. I can only assume the ranger was stealthed even longer than 15 sec because of how you cant see smokefield AOE, no pet, no ranger, no visuals etc.

I gotta question... uh, has anyone sent the ranger a message and asked him how he does it?

You can clearly see his name in the Phantaram clip.

> @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> > > @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> > > https://clips.twitch.tv/TastyUninterestedSlothDatSheffy

> > >

> > > I will just leave this right here. If you search hard enough on phantaram's channel you can find a spree of him being one-shot in a similar manner about 4 times in about a 3 minute span with the largest hit landing for a bit over 30k from straight out of stealth.

> >

> > Hold up... that's at least 15 seconds of stealth, if not more. That's not possible. For a ranger that is utterly and completely impossible. You can reach max ~8-10 sec stacking stealth with daggers, warhorn, pets, etc. *that is not possble*

> >

> > **Edit:** sweet jesus, they're actually using dagger/warhorn + pig. That said, I tried it out myself to see how long I'd stay in stealth with tuft of hair + smokescale stealth stacking. I got to 12 seconds of totalth stealthed time. I can only assume the ranger was stealthed even longer than 15 sec because of how you cant see smokefield AOE, no pet, no ranger, no visuals etc.

>

> I gotta question... uh, has anyone sent the ranger a message and asked him how he does it?

> You can clearly see his name in the Phantaram clip.

might wanna consider rune of trapper... gives 2~3 sec stealth upon applying a trap... so if ranger has 3 trap skills, hunters shot, tuft of hair, then.. but as he shows in the video, no traps

you might wanna consider the ranger's allies too... if allies apply stealth to that ranger, it could've pulled off longer than 15 secs too

> @"Crystal Paladin.3871" said:

> > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> > > > @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> > > > https://clips.twitch.tv/TastyUninterestedSlothDatSheffy

> > > >

> > > > I will just leave this right here. If you search hard enough on phantaram's channel you can find a spree of him being one-shot in a similar manner about 4 times in about a 3 minute span with the largest hit landing for a bit over 30k from straight out of stealth.

> > >

> > > Hold up... that's at least 15 seconds of stealth, if not more. That's not possible. For a ranger that is utterly and completely impossible. You can reach max ~8-10 sec stacking stealth with daggers, warhorn, pets, etc. *that is not possble*

> > >

> > > **Edit:** sweet jesus, they're actually using dagger/warhorn + pig. That said, I tried it out myself to see how long I'd stay in stealth with tuft of hair + smokescale stealth stacking. I got to 12 seconds of totalth stealthed time. I can only assume the ranger was stealthed even longer than 15 sec because of how you cant see smokefield AOE, no pet, no ranger, no visuals etc.

> >

> > I gotta question... uh, has anyone sent the ranger a message and asked him how he does it?

> > You can clearly see his name in the Phantaram clip.

>

> might wanna consider rune of trapper... gives 2~3 sec stealth upon applying a trap... so if ranger has 3 trap skills, hunters shot, tuft of hair, then.. but as he shows in the video, no traps

>

> you might wanna consider the ranger's allies too... if allies apply stealth to that ranger, it could've pulled off longer than 15 secs too

I didn't see a single trap detonate on anyone and that ranger wasn't using a longbow. He was using GS and sword/dagger or dagger/dagger "you can see him evading with his dagger offhand a few times in the video." Even if he were using rune of the trapper, he would be missing out on too many important damage modifiers to land 30k to 60k hits as he would need 4x trap utilities to even benefit 8s of stealth. Also, if he were blowing his leap finishers to stack stealth on phanta, he then would not have been able to chase phanta with leap finishers because they would have been on cool down.

The more I watch that video with an open mind, trying to figure out how he is doing it, the less it makes sense.

MM 322

BM x2x

SB 123

GS (enhancement/x) / dagger warhorn(x/x)

Berserker scholar

Siamoth smokescale

Heal as one, signet of the hunt, signet of the wild, sicem, optional elite.

To stealth long cast gs3 into a wall with smokescale f2, follow up with dagger leap, wh5, dagger leap. Precasting siamoth f2 if you can to pick up and use on the approach.

After a burst you can unmerge out of smokescale, then f2 (for field) into pet swap (blast) into the original combo. This gives you very very long stealth if you can be in combat.

To stack might use heal as one before merging with your smokescale. That'll give 22 might or 25 if you rng plasma.

To burst, buff to 25 might, use maul in open air (to get moment of clarity), then worldly impact or maul (choice). Use sicem and hunt right before the attack lands.

I've landed 35k today using this. You could get way more damage attacking a target with 25 vuln while having Coliseum sword and kill buffs.

You can't get more damage than this without outside help (ex if someone crippled target you could use the sigil for 5% more damage).

Have fun playing around with this. Just note you have no condi clear, no stun break, and berserker amulet. For extra fun get a thief friend to stealth you in voice chat.