60,000 damage from 1 ability, is that normal?

ceces.9368

> @"Sol.4310" said:

> > @"ceces.9368" said:

> > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > I was in the game with the OP..

> > >

> > > I can vouch that every worldly impact was done from stealth with no setup. I was personally getting hit for 21.9k on my 16k health and and toughness amulet Holosmith from stealth. I streamed it:

> > >

> > > https://clips.twitch.tv/CautiousAlertSharkCopyThis

> > >

> > > .

> >

> > If you play the video in 0.25 speed, you can see it much much easier. He just teleports to his target

> >

> > Edit: Before anyone keeps defending this guy and says it's smoke scales f2 in soul beast.... Watch it closely please, you can see after the teleport he finishes the animation of swoop, great sword 3 attack. Also he mauls afterwards with no finishing animation on that attack, because that attack animation locks you till the very end and even after all that, at the very end you can see him still chasing his target and then using that ability

>

> Sorry to say it but the guy isn't cheating at all, for starters your icon stays on the map when you stealth. Getting the amount of stealth to reach mid from his location is achievable with sword/horn, he would have had 24 stacks of might just off using Call of the Wild > Beast Mode > We Heal As One with Fresh Reinforcement trait, he would have used swoop to help close the gap. He also didn't use swoop after the Worldly Impact, it was Maul x2 all within recharge window and animations are fine, the guy just knows how to play his build that's it end of story. The guy would have had around 3450 Power and 1400 Ferocity and he used Sic'Em as well, you can see the stealth debuff go up right as he does his Worldly Impact small window, it's not hard to press Sic'Em as you do Worldly Impact.

>

> The build is high risk, high reward, it has almost no survival at all with no condition removal it's ok against burst builds but that's about it. Build uses, MM/BM/SB train lines and it probably uses Berserker with Scholar.

>

> Now, from reading over the thread someone has already debunked the 60k damage from what I believe aren't you in downstate as you got mauled first which put you in downstate followed with the worldly impact.

>

> Traits he is using have been in the game for a rather long time, was a matter of time before someone got good at using the combo and with recent buff to Soulbeast your going to see some really large numbers popping up.

Did you even watch? His reveal is super delayed. He hits chaith with great sword's leap and doesn't get revealed, then he hits him with worldly impact, still not revealed, and once chaith goes down, he barley pops out. Watch it in slow motion, along with him teleporting when he runs into the wall by accident with great sword's leap again

And are you seriously defending 60,000 damage from 1 ability?

> @"Ryan.9387" said:

> Sorry on the earlier post, this build will give you more damage.

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBhQD7kSFojXsVQwiFgrFs8HYPphfwwb51lBCA5h30b8tkFlG-jJBXABAs/wyXAgifAANUGAA

>

> ![image](https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/312386263321935873/466802067827064832/unknown.png)

>

> The key which I didn't realize was the f2 taunt applies before damage, letting you get old moment of opportunity +50% dmg AND the maul +25% at the same time if your worldly impact interrupts. Also take opportunity sigil for 5% more + soulbeast minor for 5% more. That'll get you to 60k easy.

There was no taunt in his rotation ever, even in slow motion you can see there is no taunt

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"ceces.9368" said:

> > @"Sol.4310" said:

> > > @"ceces.9368" said:

> > > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > I was in the game with the OP..

> > > >

> > > > I can vouch that every worldly impact was done from stealth with no setup. I was personally getting hit for 21.9k on my 16k health and and toughness amulet Holosmith from stealth. I streamed it:

> > > >

> > > > https://clips.twitch.tv/CautiousAlertSharkCopyThis

> > > >

> > > > .

> > >

> > > If you play the video in 0.25 speed, you can see it much much easier. He just teleports to his target

> > >

> > > Edit: Before anyone keeps defending this guy and says it's smoke scales f2 in soul beast.... Watch it closely please, you can see after the teleport he finishes the animation of swoop, great sword 3 attack. Also he mauls afterwards with no finishing animation on that attack, because that attack animation locks you till the very end and even after all that, at the very end you can see him still chasing his target and then using that ability

> >

> > Sorry to say it but the guy isn't cheating at all, for starters your icon stays on the map when you stealth. Getting the amount of stealth to reach mid from his location is achievable with sword/horn, he would have had 24 stacks of might just off using Call of the Wild > Beast Mode > We Heal As One with Fresh Reinforcement trait, he would have used swoop to help close the gap. He also didn't use swoop after the Worldly Impact, it was Maul x2 all within recharge window and animations are fine, the guy just knows how to play his build that's it end of story. The guy would have had around 3450 Power and 1400 Ferocity and he used Sic'Em as well, you can see the stealth debuff go up right as he does his Worldly Impact small window, it's not hard to press Sic'Em as you do Worldly Impact.

> >

> > The build is high risk, high reward, it has almost no survival at all with no condition removal it's ok against burst builds but that's about it. Build uses, MM/BM/SB train lines and it probably uses Berserker with Scholar.

> >

> > Now, from reading over the thread someone has already debunked the 60k damage from what I believe aren't you in downstate as you got mauled first which put you in downstate followed with the worldly impact.

> >

> > Traits he is using have been in the game for a rather long time, was a matter of time before someone got good at using the combo and with recent buff to Soulbeast your going to see some really large numbers popping up.

>

> Did you even watch?

> And are you seriously defending 60,000 damage from 1 ability?> @"Ryan.9387" said:

> > Sorry on the earlier post, this build will give you more damage.

> >

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBhQD7kSFojXsVQwiFgrFs8HYPphfwwb51lBCA5h30b8tkFlG-jJBXABAs/wyXAgifAANUGAA

> >

> > ![image](https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/312386263321935873/466802067827064832/unknown.png)

> >

> > The key which I didn't realize was the f2 taunt applies before damage, letting you get old moment of opportunity +50% dmg AND the maul +25% at the same time if your worldly impact interrupts. Also take opportunity sigil for 5% more + soulbeast minor for 5% more. That'll get you to 60k easy.

>

> There was no taunt in his rotation ever, even in slow motion you can see there is no taunt

I don't believe he hit you with 60k outside of downstate, I'm not defending the damage but it does come from using 2 traits that have been in the game for a long time. It's 1 shot gimmick build, they been around for a while. They just need to adjust some of MM traits problem solved (6 months later)

> @"Sol.4310" said:

> > @"ceces.9368" said:

> > > @"Sol.4310" said:

> > > > @"ceces.9368" said:

> > > > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > > I was in the game with the OP..

> > > > >

> > > > > I can vouch that every worldly impact was done from stealth with no setup. I was personally getting hit for 21.9k on my 16k health and and toughness amulet Holosmith from stealth. I streamed it:

> > > > >

> > > > > https://clips.twitch.tv/CautiousAlertSharkCopyThis

> > > > >

> > > > > .

> > > >

> > > > If you play the video in 0.25 speed, you can see it much much easier. He just teleports to his target

> > > >

> > > > Edit: Before anyone keeps defending this guy and says it's smoke scales f2 in soul beast.... Watch it closely please, you can see after the teleport he finishes the animation of swoop, great sword 3 attack. Also he mauls afterwards with no finishing animation on that attack, because that attack animation locks you till the very end and even after all that, at the very end you can see him still chasing his target and then using that ability

> > >

> > > Sorry to say it but the guy isn't cheating at all, for starters your icon stays on the map when you stealth. Getting the amount of stealth to reach mid from his location is achievable with sword/horn, he would have had 24 stacks of might just off using Call of the Wild > Beast Mode > We Heal As One with Fresh Reinforcement trait, he would have used swoop to help close the gap. He also didn't use swoop after the Worldly Impact, it was Maul x2 all within recharge window and animations are fine, the guy just knows how to play his build that's it end of story. The guy would have had around 3450 Power and 1400 Ferocity and he used Sic'Em as well, you can see the stealth debuff go up right as he does his Worldly Impact small window, it's not hard to press Sic'Em as you do Worldly Impact.

> > >

> > > The build is high risk, high reward, it has almost no survival at all with no condition removal it's ok against burst builds but that's about it. Build uses, MM/BM/SB train lines and it probably uses Berserker with Scholar.

> > >

> > > Now, from reading over the thread someone has already debunked the 60k damage from what I believe aren't you in downstate as you got mauled first which put you in downstate followed with the worldly impact.

> > >

> > > Traits he is using have been in the game for a rather long time, was a matter of time before someone got good at using the combo and with recent buff to Soulbeast your going to see some really large numbers popping up.

> >

> > Did you even watch?

> > And are you seriously defending 60,000 damage from 1 ability?> @"Ryan.9387" said:

> > > Sorry on the earlier post, this build will give you more damage.

> > >

> > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBhQD7kSFojXsVQwiFgrFs8HYPphfwwb51lBCA5h30b8tkFlG-jJBXABAs/wyXAgifAANUGAA

> > >

> > > ![image](https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/312386263321935873/466802067827064832/unknown.png)

> > >

> > > The key which I didn't realize was the f2 taunt applies before damage, letting you get old moment of opportunity +50% dmg AND the maul +25% at the same time if your worldly impact interrupts. Also take opportunity sigil for 5% more + soulbeast minor for 5% more. That'll get you to 60k easy.

> >

> > There was no taunt in his rotation ever, even in slow motion you can see there is no taunt

>

> I don't believe he hit you with 60k outside of downstate, I'm not defending the damage but it does come from using 2 traits that have been in the game for a long time. It's 1 shot gimmick build, they been around for a while. They just need to adjust some of MM traits problem solved (6 months later)

Read the entire post, along with I was literally not in downed state. You can see the death log on the right hand side. I really just think you guys are all so stubborn to believe you are wrong when everything is shown in the screen shot. You can see chaiths death log as well, it's exactly the same as mine and worldly impact downed him. The only difference is replace great sword's leap with maul in my death log and it's exactly the same.

I also don't see anywhere on the wiki or anything that states you take double damage while downed

And if you really think I was in downed state, check Chaith's vod, watch it where he got that clip from. You'll see on the right hand side that I get downed by worldly impact, then die in downed state to whatever it is in that screen shot.

> @"ceces.9368" said:

> > @"Sol.4310" said:

> > > > @"Sol.4310" said:

> > > > > @"ceces.9368" said:

> > > > > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > > > I was in the game with the OP..

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I can vouch that every worldly impact was done from stealth with no setup. I was personally getting hit for 21.9k on my 16k health and and toughness amulet Holosmith from stealth. I streamed it:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > https://clips.twitch.tv/CautiousAlertSharkCopyThis

> > > > > >

> > > > > > .

> > > > >

> > > > > If you play the video in 0.25 speed, you can see it much much easier. He just teleports to his target

> > > > >

> > > > > Edit: Before anyone keeps defending this guy and says it's smoke scales f2 in soul beast.... Watch it closely please, you can see after the teleport he finishes the animation of swoop, great sword 3 attack. Also he mauls afterwards with no finishing animation on that attack, because that attack animation locks you till the very end and even after all that, at the very end you can see him still chasing his target and then using that ability

> > > >

> > > > Sorry to say it but the guy isn't cheating at all, for starters your icon stays on the map when you stealth. Getting the amount of stealth to reach mid from his location is achievable with sword/horn, he would have had 24 stacks of might just off using Call of the Wild > Beast Mode > We Heal As One with Fresh Reinforcement trait, he would have used swoop to help close the gap. He also didn't use swoop after the Worldly Impact, it was Maul x2 all within recharge window and animations are fine, the guy just knows how to play his build that's it end of story. The guy would have had around 3450 Power and 1400 Ferocity and he used Sic'Em as well, you can see the stealth debuff go up right as he does his Worldly Impact small window, it's not hard to press Sic'Em as you do Worldly Impact.

> > > >

> > > > The build is high risk, high reward, it has almost no survival at all with no condition removal it's ok against burst builds but that's about it. Build uses, MM/BM/SB train lines and it probably uses Berserker with Scholar.

> > > >

> > > > Now, from reading over the thread someone has already debunked the 60k damage from what I believe aren't you in downstate as you got mauled first which put you in downstate followed with the worldly impact.

> > > >

> > > > Traits he is using have been in the game for a rather long time, was a matter of time before someone got good at using the combo and with recent buff to Soulbeast your going to see some really large numbers popping up.

> > >

> > > Did you even watch?

> > > And are you seriously defending 60,000 damage from 1 ability?> @"Ryan.9387" said:

> > > > Sorry on the earlier post, this build will give you more damage.

> > > >

> > > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBhQD7kSFojXsVQwiFgrFs8HYPphfwwb51lBCA5h30b8tkFlG-jJBXABAs/wyXAgifAANUGAA

> > > >

> > > > ![image](https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/312386263321935873/466802067827064832/unknown.png)

> > > >

> > > > The key which I didn't realize was the f2 taunt applies before damage, letting you get old moment of opportunity +50% dmg AND the maul +25% at the same time if your worldly impact interrupts. Also take opportunity sigil for 5% more + soulbeast minor for 5% more. That'll get you to 60k easy.

> > >

> > > There was no taunt in his rotation ever, even in slow motion you can see there is no taunt

> >

> > I don't believe he hit you with 60k outside of downstate, I'm not defending the damage but it does come from using 2 traits that have been in the game for a long time. It's 1 shot gimmick build, they been around for a while. They just need to adjust some of MM traits problem solved (6 months later)

>

> Read the entire post, along with I was literally not in downed state. You can see the death log on the right hand side. I really just think you guys are all so stubborn to believe you are wrong when everything is shown in the screen shot. You can see chaiths death log as well, it's exactly the same as mine and worldly impact downed him. The only difference is replace great sword's leap with maul in my death log and it's exactly the same.

>

>

> I also don't see anywhere on the wiki or anything that states you take double damage while downed

Well, the problem was I didn't check myself I was going off all the posts made by someone else debunking the 60k damage as them type of numbers are just insane and I still don't know how it happened. Fact still remains he wasn't cheating he was using what Anet gave him, tbh if AK was still playing everyone would of known about it. AK was 1 shot hero of gw2.

Also, I've been killed by this ranger in Ranked before, I was streaming it and he hit me for 26k and outright deleted me. But most of the game he died rather fast.

> @"Sol.4310" said:

> > @"ceces.9368" said:

> > > @"Sol.4310" said:

> > > > @"ceces.9368" said:

> > > > > @"Sol.4310" said:

> > > > > > @"ceces.9368" said:

> > > > > > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > > > > I was in the game with the OP..

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I can vouch that every worldly impact was done from stealth with no setup. I was personally getting hit for 21.9k on my 16k health and and toughness amulet Holosmith from stealth. I streamed it:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > https://clips.twitch.tv/CautiousAlertSharkCopyThis

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > .

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you play the video in 0.25 speed, you can see it much much easier. He just teleports to his target

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Edit: Before anyone keeps defending this guy and says it's smoke scales f2 in soul beast.... Watch it closely please, you can see after the teleport he finishes the animation of swoop, great sword 3 attack. Also he mauls afterwards with no finishing animation on that attack, because that attack animation locks you till the very end and even after all that, at the very end you can see him still chasing his target and then using that ability

> > > > >

> > > > > Sorry to say it but the guy isn't cheating at all, for starters your icon stays on the map when you stealth. Getting the amount of stealth to reach mid from his location is achievable with sword/horn, he would have had 24 stacks of might just off using Call of the Wild > Beast Mode > We Heal As One with Fresh Reinforcement trait, he would have used swoop to help close the gap. He also didn't use swoop after the Worldly Impact, it was Maul x2 all within recharge window and animations are fine, the guy just knows how to play his build that's it end of story. The guy would have had around 3450 Power and 1400 Ferocity and he used Sic'Em as well, you can see the stealth debuff go up right as he does his Worldly Impact small window, it's not hard to press Sic'Em as you do Worldly Impact.

> > > > >

> > > > > The build is high risk, high reward, it has almost no survival at all with no condition removal it's ok against burst builds but that's about it. Build uses, MM/BM/SB train lines and it probably uses Berserker with Scholar.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now, from reading over the thread someone has already debunked the 60k damage from what I believe aren't you in downstate as you got mauled first which put you in downstate followed with the worldly impact.

> > > > >

> > > > > Traits he is using have been in the game for a rather long time, was a matter of time before someone got good at using the combo and with recent buff to Soulbeast your going to see some really large numbers popping up.

> > > >

> > > > Did you even watch?

> > > > And are you seriously defending 60,000 damage from 1 ability?> @"Ryan.9387" said:

> > > > > Sorry on the earlier post, this build will give you more damage.

> > > > >

> > > > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBhQD7kSFojXsVQwiFgrFs8HYPphfwwb51lBCA5h30b8tkFlG-jJBXABAs/wyXAgifAANUGAA

> > > > >

> > > > > ![image](https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/312386263321935873/466802067827064832/unknown.png)

> > > > >

> > > > > The key which I didn't realize was the f2 taunt applies before damage, letting you get old moment of opportunity +50% dmg AND the maul +25% at the same time if your worldly impact interrupts. Also take opportunity sigil for 5% more + soulbeast minor for 5% more. That'll get you to 60k easy.

> > > >

> > > > There was no taunt in his rotation ever, even in slow motion you can see there is no taunt

> > >

> > > I don't believe he hit you with 60k outside of downstate, I'm not defending the damage but it does come from using 2 traits that have been in the game for a long time. It's 1 shot gimmick build, they been around for a while. They just need to adjust some of MM traits problem solved (6 months later)

> >

> > Read the entire post, along with I was literally not in downed state. You can see the death log on the right hand side. I really just think you guys are all so stubborn to believe you are wrong when everything is shown in the screen shot. You can see chaiths death log as well, it's exactly the same as mine and worldly impact downed him. The only difference is replace great sword's leap with maul in my death log and it's exactly the same.

> >

> >

> > I also don't see anywhere on the wiki or anything that states you take double damage while downed

>

> Well, the problem was I didn't check myself I was going off all the posts made by someone else debunking the 60k damage as them type of numbers are just insane and I still don't know how it happened. Fact still remains he wasn't cheating he was using what Anet gave him, tbh if AK was still playing everyone would of known about it. AK was 1 shot hero of gw2.

>

> Also, I've been killed by this ranger in Ranked before, I was streaming it and he hit me for 26k and outright deleted me. But most of the game he died rather fast.

>

>

You can cheat using something a game/developer gives you. An example of this is about 1-2 years ago, super adventure box had some food. That food made you 100% immune to condis and condis couldn't be applied to you. When you left the zone, the buff was removed, but someone figured out how to take that buff out into the world and went on into WvW, being immune to any time of condi.

Was he cheating? He was using exactly what Anet gave him, but not in the intended way. He got banned for a good while and anet fixed it, but he didn't cheat using outside sources, it was all in game

> @"ceces.9368" said:

> > @"Sol.4310" said:

> > > > > > @"Sol.4310" said:

> > > > > > > @"ceces.9368" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > > > > > I was in the game with the OP..

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I can vouch that every worldly impact was done from stealth with no setup. I was personally getting hit for 21.9k on my 16k health and and toughness amulet Holosmith from stealth. I streamed it:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > https://clips.twitch.tv/CautiousAlertSharkCopyThis

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > .

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you play the video in 0.25 speed, you can see it much much easier. He just teleports to his target

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Edit: Before anyone keeps defending this guy and says it's smoke scales f2 in soul beast.... Watch it closely please, you can see after the teleport he finishes the animation of swoop, great sword 3 attack. Also he mauls afterwards with no finishing animation on that attack, because that attack animation locks you till the very end and even after all that, at the very end you can see him still chasing his target and then using that ability

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sorry to say it but the guy isn't cheating at all, for starters your icon stays on the map when you stealth. Getting the amount of stealth to reach mid from his location is achievable with sword/horn, he would have had 24 stacks of might just off using Call of the Wild > Beast Mode > We Heal As One with Fresh Reinforcement trait, he would have used swoop to help close the gap. He also didn't use swoop after the Worldly Impact, it was Maul x2 all within recharge window and animations are fine, the guy just knows how to play his build that's it end of story. The guy would have had around 3450 Power and 1400 Ferocity and he used Sic'Em as well, you can see the stealth debuff go up right as he does his Worldly Impact small window, it's not hard to press Sic'Em as you do Worldly Impact.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The build is high risk, high reward, it has almost no survival at all with no condition removal it's ok against burst builds but that's about it. Build uses, MM/BM/SB train lines and it probably uses Berserker with Scholar.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Now, from reading over the thread someone has already debunked the 60k damage from what I believe aren't you in downstate as you got mauled first which put you in downstate followed with the worldly impact.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Traits he is using have been in the game for a rather long time, was a matter of time before someone got good at using the combo and with recent buff to Soulbeast your going to see some really large numbers popping up.

> > > > >

> > > > > Did you even watch?

> > > > > And are you seriously defending 60,000 damage from 1 ability?> @"Ryan.9387" said:

> > > > > > Sorry on the earlier post, this build will give you more damage.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBhQD7kSFojXsVQwiFgrFs8HYPphfwwb51lBCA5h30b8tkFlG-jJBXABAs/wyXAgifAANUGAA

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ![image](https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/312386263321935873/466802067827064832/unknown.png)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The key which I didn't realize was the f2 taunt applies before damage, letting you get old moment of opportunity +50% dmg AND the maul +25% at the same time if your worldly impact interrupts. Also take opportunity sigil for 5% more + soulbeast minor for 5% more. That'll get you to 60k easy.

> > > > >

> > > > > There was no taunt in his rotation ever, even in slow motion you can see there is no taunt

> > > >

> > > > I don't believe he hit you with 60k outside of downstate, I'm not defending the damage but it does come from using 2 traits that have been in the game for a long time. It's 1 shot gimmick build, they been around for a while. They just need to adjust some of MM traits problem solved (6 months later)

> > >

> > > Read the entire post, along with I was literally not in downed state. You can see the death log on the right hand side. I really just think you guys are all so stubborn to believe you are wrong when everything is shown in the screen shot. You can see chaiths death log as well, it's exactly the same as mine and worldly impact downed him. The only difference is replace great sword's leap with maul in my death log and it's exactly the same.

> > >

> > >

> > > I also don't see anywhere on the wiki or anything that states you take double damage while downed

> >

> > Well, the problem was I didn't check myself I was going off all the posts made by someone else debunking the 60k damage as them type of numbers are just insane and I still don't know how it happened. Fact still remains he wasn't cheating he was using what Anet gave him, tbh if AK was still playing everyone would of known about it. AK was 1 shot hero of gw2.

> >

> > Also, I've been killed by this ranger in Ranked before, I was streaming it and he hit me for 26k and outright deleted me. But most of the game he died rather fast.

> >

> >

>

> You can cheat using something a game/developer gives you. An example of this is about 1-2 years ago, super adventure box had some food. That food made you 100% immune to condis and condis couldn't be applied to you. When you left the zone, the buff was removed, but someone figured out how to take that buff out into the world and went on into WvW, being immune to any time of condi.

>

> Was he cheating? He was using exactly what Anet gave him, but not in the intended way. He got banned for a good while and anet fixed it, but he didn't cheat using outside sources, it was all in game

You're not letting up no matter WHAT anyone explains.

Which is not a surprise, at all. You didn't come to the ranger forums to figure out why this happened.

You came here to the pvp forums for the drama.

You can't even be bothered to do the testing yourself.

I hope you get this ranger in every match you play. CHEERS!

> @"ceces.9368" said:

> > @"Sol.4310" said:

> > > > > > @"Sol.4310" said:

> > > > > > > @"ceces.9368" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > > > > > I was in the game with the OP..

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I can vouch that every worldly impact was done from stealth with no setup. I was personally getting hit for 21.9k on my 16k health and and toughness amulet Holosmith from stealth. I streamed it:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > https://clips.twitch.tv/CautiousAlertSharkCopyThis

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > .

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you play the video in 0.25 speed, you can see it much much easier. He just teleports to his target

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Edit: Before anyone keeps defending this guy and says it's smoke scales f2 in soul beast.... Watch it closely please, you can see after the teleport he finishes the animation of swoop, great sword 3 attack. Also he mauls afterwards with no finishing animation on that attack, because that attack animation locks you till the very end and even after all that, at the very end you can see him still chasing his target and then using that ability

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sorry to say it but the guy isn't cheating at all, for starters your icon stays on the map when you stealth. Getting the amount of stealth to reach mid from his location is achievable with sword/horn, he would have had 24 stacks of might just off using Call of the Wild > Beast Mode > We Heal As One with Fresh Reinforcement trait, he would have used swoop to help close the gap. He also didn't use swoop after the Worldly Impact, it was Maul x2 all within recharge window and animations are fine, the guy just knows how to play his build that's it end of story. The guy would have had around 3450 Power and 1400 Ferocity and he used Sic'Em as well, you can see the stealth debuff go up right as he does his Worldly Impact small window, it's not hard to press Sic'Em as you do Worldly Impact.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The build is high risk, high reward, it has almost no survival at all with no condition removal it's ok against burst builds but that's about it. Build uses, MM/BM/SB train lines and it probably uses Berserker with Scholar.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Now, from reading over the thread someone has already debunked the 60k damage from what I believe aren't you in downstate as you got mauled first which put you in downstate followed with the worldly impact.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Traits he is using have been in the game for a rather long time, was a matter of time before someone got good at using the combo and with recent buff to Soulbeast your going to see some really large numbers popping up.

> > > > >

> > > > > Did you even watch?

> > > > > And are you seriously defending 60,000 damage from 1 ability?> @"Ryan.9387" said:

> > > > > > Sorry on the earlier post, this build will give you more damage.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBhQD7kSFojXsVQwiFgrFs8HYPphfwwb51lBCA5h30b8tkFlG-jJBXABAs/wyXAgifAANUGAA

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ![image](https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/312386263321935873/466802067827064832/unknown.png)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The key which I didn't realize was the f2 taunt applies before damage, letting you get old moment of opportunity +50% dmg AND the maul +25% at the same time if your worldly impact interrupts. Also take opportunity sigil for 5% more + soulbeast minor for 5% more. That'll get you to 60k easy.

> > > > >

> > > > > There was no taunt in his rotation ever, even in slow motion you can see there is no taunt

> > > >

> > > > I don't believe he hit you with 60k outside of downstate, I'm not defending the damage but it does come from using 2 traits that have been in the game for a long time. It's 1 shot gimmick build, they been around for a while. They just need to adjust some of MM traits problem solved (6 months later)

> > >

> > > Read the entire post, along with I was literally not in downed state. You can see the death log on the right hand side. I really just think you guys are all so stubborn to believe you are wrong when everything is shown in the screen shot. You can see chaiths death log as well, it's exactly the same as mine and worldly impact downed him. The only difference is replace great sword's leap with maul in my death log and it's exactly the same.

> > >

> > >

> > > I also don't see anywhere on the wiki or anything that states you take double damage while downed

> >

> > Well, the problem was I didn't check myself I was going off all the posts made by someone else debunking the 60k damage as them type of numbers are just insane and I still don't know how it happened. Fact still remains he wasn't cheating he was using what Anet gave him, tbh if AK was still playing everyone would of known about it. AK was 1 shot hero of gw2.

> >

> > Also, I've been killed by this ranger in Ranked before, I was streaming it and he hit me for 26k and outright deleted me. But most of the game he died rather fast.

> >

> >

>

> You can cheat using something a game/developer gives you. An example of this is about 1-2 years ago, super adventure box had some food. That food made you 100% immune to condis and condis couldn't be applied to you. When you left the zone, the buff was removed, but someone figured out how to take that buff out into the world and went on into WvW, being immune to any time of condi.

>

> Was he cheating? He was using exactly what Anet gave him, but not in the intended way. He got banned for a good while and anet fixed it, but he didn't cheat using outside sources, it was all in game

Cool story, so do you now understand why that ranger killed you? oh, last night friend of mine on Mesmer 1 shot me almost every single time from stealth, it's less damage sure but 10x easier to pull off than trying to land Worldly Impact with a build that has next to no survival. Better make a forum post and debunk how he cheated to do it.

After seeing the 2 videos entirely, there is no problem about his stealth and moving. I was wrong when I was saying he was cheating with this.

The only problem remaining is the 60k damage.

Can some people go in this arena and test with the buff and all ? Get everything to do same 30k damages + buff + 25 stacks of might and put 25 stacks of vulnerability on target and see the result ?

> @"Delweyn.1309" said:

> After seeing the 2 videos entirely, there is no problem about his stealth and moving.

> The only problem remaining is the 60k damage.

> Can someone go in this arena and test with the buff and all ? Get 25 stacks of might and put 25 stacks of vulnerability on target and see the result ?

I've tried with a soul beast before, it was pretty hard to get 32,000 damage. Without 25 stacks of vuln and just attacking from stealth with some prep in the stealth time window, he was able to get about 25,000ish crit

> @"ceces.9368" said:

> > @"Delweyn.1309" said:

> > After seeing the 2 videos entirely, there is no problem about his stealth and moving.

> > The only problem remaining is the 60k damage.

> > Can someone go in this arena and test with the buff and all ? Get 25 stacks of might and put 25 stacks of vulnerability on target and see the result ?

>

> I've tried with a soul beast before, it was pretty hard to get 32,000 damage. Without 25 stacks of vuln and just attacking from stealth with some prep in the stealth time window, he was able to get about 25,000ish crit

Well, the goal is to test how much damage is it possible to reach with absolutly everything and conditions to get the biggest number possible. If with everything the result can't even reach the 40k, then the 60k would be really really fishy yes.

> @"Delweyn.1309" said:

> > @"ceces.9368" said:

> > > @"Delweyn.1309" said:

> > > After seeing the 2 videos entirely, there is no problem about his stealth and moving.

> > > The only problem remaining is the 60k damage.

> > > Can someone go in this arena and test with the buff and all ? Get 25 stacks of might and put 25 stacks of vulnerability on target and see the result ?

> >

> > I've tried with a soul beast before, it was pretty hard to get 32,000 damage. Without 25 stacks of vuln and just attacking from stealth with some prep in the stealth time window, he was able to get about 25,000ish crit

>

> Well, the goal is to test how much damage is it possible to reach with absolutly everything and conditions to get the biggest number possible. If with everything the result can't even reach the 40k, then the 60k would be really really fishy yes.

If you have a friend that can stack 25 stacks of vuln on me and you have a soul beast that can do all that, you guys can try it on me

> @"ceces.9368" said:

> > @"Delweyn.1309" said:

> > > > @"Delweyn.1309" said:

> > > > After seeing the 2 videos entirely, there is no problem about his stealth and moving.

> > > > The only problem remaining is the 60k damage.

> > > > Can someone go in this arena and test with the buff and all ? Get 25 stacks of might and put 25 stacks of vulnerability on target and see the result ?

> > >

> > > I've tried with a soul beast before, it was pretty hard to get 32,000 damage. Without 25 stacks of vuln and just attacking from stealth with some prep in the stealth time window, he was able to get about 25,000ish crit

> >

> > Well, the goal is to test how much damage is it possible to reach with absolutly everything and conditions to get the biggest number possible. If with everything the result can't even reach the 40k, then the 60k would be really really fishy yes.

>

> If you have a friend that can stack 25 stacks of vuln on me and you have a soul beast that can do all that, you guys can try it on me

Well, I don't know beastmaster at all, so I won't be able to get the best from it.

> @"ceces.9368" said:

> There was no taunt in his rotation ever, even in slow motion you can see there is no taunt

Watch the phantaram stream at 2h 51min 44 sec when he goes to engage harsh master on node. They use smoke field and the F2 taunts the ele. You don't need slow mo for that

@"EnderzShadow.2506" The reason why you can't use GS3 to leap through is because the actual "leap" doesn't happen until the ranger runs for quite some distance first. So in other words, you cannot cast the GS3 while in the smokefield and benefit the leap finisher unless you are aiming at a wall to stop the run animation from taking you out of the smoke field entirely.

See this is what I mean though, not attacking you, just pointing out that this is a good example of "theory in a thread" vs. "going in a game and actually testing things." Not you Enderz, but there are still too many commenting in this discussion as if what they are sayin is a fact, when they have no idea how these mechanics work in practicality, when actually used in the game. There are a lot of terrific explanations in this thread theory wise, but if the players suggesting as such were to go in-game and actually test these methods, they'd see how ridiculously impractical it would be to actually run these methods in a ranked plat 2 match. As badcat had mentioned, you CAN use top selection in the first selection of soulbeast to blast clarion bond, warhorn 5, heal as one, and then merge for 25 might but when you actually try to employ this method, it is ridiculous impractical. There is already too much in the skill rotation that could wrong and ruin your entire gimmick. To add in buffing 25 might becomes a stretch and in my opinion outrageously impractical without the use of some macro. Even with the use of a macro, all it takes is 1 interrupt or a good set of boon removals/conversions and the entire gimmick falls apart. This isn't even to mention that there is no conc on the build and I know he isn't using strength rune to buff might durations, because he would need scholar to land 30k+ strikes against targets with protection buff on. So in this stealthing rotation, the mights get blasted rather early on and duration of the might is just burning out while you finish the stealthing rotation and move towards the target. It just isn't practical to actually complete this skill rotation, go into position and land the WI in a short enough of a time duration while the might sticks, without any of this being interrupted. Well, it's impractical if you are doing it with legit mechanics at least. This is why I suggested bottom selection in first selection of soulbeast for guaranteed unblockable attacks and moa-zephyr-sic'em-strength of pack as utilities. It'll pretty much guarantee that you can GET INTO the combat with elongated stability/prot/quick and land the WI without being interrupted, and then have quickness left over to start slapping around mauls to finish anyone who is still alive, all the while being unblockable for just enough time to land WI-maul-hilt-maul.

Again though, kudos to this ranger if he is playing this legitimately. I had decided that there "aint no way" that I was ever going to seriously run this spec in ranked play as it is NOT as easy to land these 1 shots as it may seem, even with more practical versions of this build. I will definitely still be using my usual Soulbeast spec ^^

> @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> @"Badcat.7320" Yes but then he wouldn't have the trait that grants 4s of unblockable attacks. To get any unblockable, he would then have to use Signet of the Hunt and sacrifice Moa Stance, which is in my opinion, crucial for the extension of quickness buffs, the on-demand fury that re-procs Remorseless, the stability on Strength of the Pack, and even the Protection that Moa grants for wading into the middle of team fights or AoE heavy areas. What you sacrifice for that 25 might buff, makes the build unrealistically squishy to the point that rando AoE or blind swings become dangerous.

>

> The unblockable attacks are vital though. When playing such a high risk/high reward build structure, you want to make sure it can land its gimmick. Just my opinion though I guess.

Just wanna note the player *is* actually using signet of the hunt... i know, moa stance would be better in practice, but it doesn't change the fact they use the signet and such don't need the unblockable trait :/

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTVZDI9GbtA&feature=youtu.be

>

I'm glad you went through the trouble to prove it; as I said earlier when I watched all videos people posted I saw absolutely nothing that was "impossible."

This guys has been doing this for YEARS lol and people used to spec him all the time in hot join. I highly doubt he just recently started hacking (although it is possible)

The 60k damage thing still not sure, but it could just be some chat log anomaly as sometimes things are funky in the logs, and the VAST majority of posted numbers are around the 30k normal range; I was hitting people for 30k without ANY fancy modifiers when I tried this last night. Just picked a build, pre popped sic'em and maul and smacked people down for 20-30k.

My finals thoughts are that this is 90% legit play, the dude is just a master at his build. 8% chance he's found some bugged modifier that he's abusing, and 2% chance he's hacking.

Just my 2 cents

> @"EnderzShadow.2506" The reason why you can't use GS3 to leap through is because the actual "leap" doesn't happen until the ranger runs for quite some distance first. So in other words, you cannot cast the GS3 while in the smokefield and benefit the leap finisher unless you are aiming at a wall to stop the run animation from taking you out of the smoke field entirely.

>

>

> Again though, kudos to this ranger if he is playing this legitimately. I had decided that there "aint no way" that I was ever going to seriously run this spec in ranked play as it is NOT as easy to land these 1 shots as it may seem, even with more practical versions of this build. I will definitely still be using my usual Soulbeast spec ^^

Aw yeah, my bad.

I think it's something they should fix. Really, why doesn't it work like that? Even the soulbeast merged leaps work like that(look like that), engi rocket boots. Warrior sword etc. ~~It's things like this that bug me about the gameplay. It's never been as smooth as WoW.~~

And yeah, guess I got used to watching videos where the Ranger is leaping through with gs, but the target is nearby.

Oh yeah and not that it matters much but I played that build last night. HA, no thanks.

> @"ZeteCommander.4937" said:

> The Ranger really need a comprehensive nerf .A millon of stealth evade cc condi remove and health

You're the person who thought mirage was a completely fine and non-broken spec lol. Forgive me if I don't take you quite seriously when you cry for nerfs not even connected to the rouge damage we're discussing in this thread.

"SB can easily kill mirage" uh, yeah, if you're a terrible mirage. Otherwise mirage is up with warrior on hardest matchups for ranger, with all clone projectile blocks.