Hostile players in team

So I can handle some general asshateryness, but this one guy.... he shouts out, "oh, we arent losing, guess i'm done playing then," and proceeds to sit in our deployment zone not playing. Seen that before. But then he announces he was going to report our entire team for everything possible, then proceeds to spam "hope you enjoy your permaban" over and over.

So with that in mind, I talk to the other team, and lo and behold, one of the other team said (s)he had the exact thing happen just last match with the exact same person!

So I'm assuming that when someone is reported, the ANet team gets a copy of the chat logs so they see what actually happened? and I'm also assuming they actually DO something about people like this?

I understand your frustration,

Let me start by saying that you're not alone, and everyone that plays PvP goes through comments like that on a daily basis, regardless of their ranking. Some people quit 2 mins into the game because things didn't go their way. Those are usually petty and/or younger players (I remember what I was like back in high school, so I can definitely relate to them as well as you).

Learn to identify and understand the people you're teamed with, and against. Every competitive game brings some sort of argument, be it someone being upset cuz they didn't get ressed, got gang banged by 3 people while the rest of the team failed to capitalize on the sacrifice being made, or lost an even fight. I feel like it comes with the territory, not just in Guild Wars 2 but ANY competitive environment. Competition invites Arguments, it's just the nature of things.

The right approach to this would be to ignore the agitated player, the term **Don't feed the Trolls** comes to mind. They're likely to cool off later and move on, however if they persist you can always report them for **Verbal Abuse** followed by a swift block on your part. Note that it's a well known fact that ANET keeps logs of just about everything that happens ingame, including the chat logs. Let the CS reps do their job and decide whether or not to pass judgement. This kind of harassment is present in all games and I feel like ANET has done a much better job, than most at addressing the issue of tempers running hot, or at the very least provide you with the tools necessary for you to defend yourself against such abuse.

I hope the encounter didn't ruin your overall experience with the game. Some people just like to cover their own inferiority behind a wall of insults directed at everyone else but themselves. Human nature, what can you do :smile:

> @"Morfedel.4165" said:

> So I can handle some general asshateryness, but this one guy.... he shouts out, "oh, we arent losing, guess i'm done playing then," and proceeds to sit in our deployment zone not playing. Seen that before. But then he announces he was going to report our entire team for everything possible, then proceeds to spam "hope you enjoy your permaban" over and over.

>

> So with that in mind, I talk to the other team, and lo and behold, one of the other team said (s)he had the exact thing happen just last match with the exact same person!

>

> So I'm assuming that when someone is reported, the ANet team gets a copy of the chat logs so they see what actually happened? and I'm also assuming they actually DO something about people like this?

hug him :3

> @"Morfedel.4165" said:

> So I can handle some general asshateryness, but this one guy.... he shouts out, "oh, we arent losing, guess i'm done playing then," and proceeds to sit in our deployment zone not playing. Seen that before. But then he announces he was going to report our entire team for everything possible, then proceeds to spam "hope you enjoy your permaban" over and over.

>

> So with that in mind, I talk to the other team, and lo and behold, one of the other team said (s)he had the exact thing happen just last match with the exact same person!

>

> So I'm assuming that when someone is reported, the ANet team gets a copy of the chat logs so they see what actually happened? and I'm also assuming they actually DO something about people like this?

Nope, not a single thing is done about that. As we can see such behaviour is quite common now. Only those who violate ToS MAY get a few months of JUST dishonor.

> @"Morfedel.4165" said:

>

>

The report only makes people feel better. There is no evidence any actions are taken.

I have always been a supporter of player made mods that would have the power to temporarily ban players/make non-permenant disiplinary action to players who were disobeying strict rules laid down by

Anet....This would include players intentionally throwing, abandoning a match, verbally abusing others, and downright hacking...it would only take 12-15 player mods to take appeals and to monitor unruly sPvPers. I doubt that they would have to do much after the first week or two anyway. I’m positive that the fact that they even exist will be enough to cool the playerbase’s toxicity and rule breaking. It would certainly make me cool my own toxicity in matches for fear of getting banned lol...

That, or anet needs to hire 4-5 mods with absolute power that do the same thing. Either way, it will have the same effect. Discipline doesn’t have to be necessarily enforced 24/7, but the threat has to been relevent and a possibility or people will feel free to do whatever they please because they know that they can get away with it without consequence. It has to be more than just reporting players in a pop-up menu. Good players who respect each other and play by the rules need and deserve mods to back them up against unruly players and there need to be visible and immediate responses. <~ most important imo.

No matter what, something needs to be done to discipline players who break the rules. And it needs to be done before the next expansion, ASAP if I had it my way... It ruins the experience for others, stunts the possible growth of the community, and frankly gives the sPvP community a bad reputation that it doesn’t deserve. More players would be willing to queue up for matches for 15 min at a time, if they knew with certainty, that the players in their matches arent going to troll them into a loss that they have no control over.