Authenticator app outputs wrong code

Moe Syszlak.6159, Petition No. 6961628

I am writing this post with the account of my wife.

I wanted to protect my account with an authenticator app. I think I did something wrong and the app always gives me a wrong code. Then I started an online ticket and except for the automatic confirmation Arenanet has done nothing. That was 3 weeks ago. I want to disable the Authenticator app so I can access my account again. I started GW2 again after more than 3 years break. I bought after a week for 80 € PoF and installed the Authenticator App and since then I can not do anything with my account.

Sincerely, a desperate German GW2 player

A frequent reason that people have trouble with authenticator codes is when the clock is off. Double check that your device is using the correct time (e.g. automatically set by a known-good source, rather than manually adjusted). Or if you can't be sure, try using the code in these three different ways: instantly after it changes, immediately prior to its next change, or as close to the middle as possible. If the issue is synchronization, one of these methods will succeed, while the other two fail.