Active Ticket

Just writing this to try and get some understanding. I currently have 2 tickets open, one a week old and one over two weeks old. My question is every other day or couple of days my tickets have their "Last Activity" time refreshed. Does this mean that CS is looking at the tickets and ignoring them or is it a refresh on some system to keep them active? I just want to be sure I'm understanding what is going on. Thanks!

The short story is: it's simply maddeningly frustrating that support is backlogged, so we're stuck with reading tea leaves to figure out what might be happening. Instead, just assume it will be 23 days from opening to response for any non-urgent issue (somewhat less for urgent ones). 99% chance it's going to be quicker than that, but the wait will just be a tad more bearable.

> @"Paulyj.5483" said:

> Just writing this to try and get some understanding. I currently have 2 tickets open, one a week old and one over two weeks old. My question is every other day or couple of days my tickets have their "Last Activity" time refreshed. Does this mean that CS is looking at the tickets and ignoring them or is it a refresh on some system to keep them active? I just want to be sure I'm understanding what is going on. Thanks!

Ignore the "last activity." There are all sorts of reasons a ticket gets updated by "the system" and the only one that matters to you is the one which comes from an employee emailing you with a question, an answer, and/or news.

Basically, any time someone touches a ticket, the system will describe it as "activity," whether it's meaningful or not.

Reasons for 'activity' include: team member A opened the ticket, realized it was complex, shipped it to a colleague. Or someone realized it had been assigned the wrong team and shipped it to a different team. Or someone started working on it, ran out of time, put it back in the queue. Or someone discovered that this wasn't just a single player's issue, but they had 12 tickets on the same issue suddenly, so it's being reviewed to make sure they haven't missed something big.

It could also be something like... ticket claimed by team member XYZ → XYZ reads details → XYZ checks manual to ensure they have next steps identified → next steps include confirming player's description of events (another update), reading additional log files (another update), writing response (another update), confirming response with supervisor due to special circumstances (another update). And then XYZ contacts the player.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> The short story is: it's simply maddeningly frustrating that support is backlogged, so we're stuck with reading tea leaves to figure out what might be happening. Instead, just assume it will be 23 days from opening to response for any non-urgent issue (somewhat less for urgent ones). 99% chance it's going to be quicker than that, but the wait will just be a tad more bearable.

>

> ****

>

> > @"Paulyj.5483" said:

> > Just writing this to try and get some understanding. I currently have 2 tickets open, one a week old and one over two weeks old. My question is every other day or couple of days my tickets have their "Last Activity" time refreshed. Does this mean that CS is looking at the tickets and ignoring them or is it a refresh on some system to keep them active? I just want to be sure I'm understanding what is going on. Thanks!

>

> Ignore the "last activity." There are all sorts of reasons a ticket gets updated by "the system" and the only one that matters to you is the one which comes from an employee emailing you with a question, an answer, and/or news.

>

> ****

> Basically, any time someone touches a ticket, the system will describe it as "activity," whether it's meaningful or not.

>

> Reasons for 'activity' include: team member A opened the ticket, realized it was complex, shipped it to a colleague. Or someone realized it had been assigned the wrong team and shipped it to a different team. Or someone started working on it, ran out of time, put it back in the queue. Or someone discovered that this wasn't just a single player's issue, but they had 12 tickets on the same issue suddenly, so it's being reviewed to make sure they haven't missed something big.

>

> It could also be something like... ticket claimed by team member XYZ → XYZ reads details → XYZ checks manual to ensure they have next steps identified → next steps include confirming player's description of events (another update), reading additional log files (another update), writing response (another update), confirming response with supervisor due to special circumstances (another update). And then XYZ contacts the player.

>

>

Thank you so much, this helped incredibly. have a good one bud!