Wow, just wow

I think the whole sunken chest thing is very formulaic and feels like a grind. I try to get the keys elsewhere, because waiting around for ages killing the kraits as they spawn is very dull. Maybe the intention is to get more players into the Tyria maps, but I think they could have done something more interesting with underwater treasure. Not Arenanets best moment IMOP - think they should stear away from adding such repetitive content.

Also, in general underwater combat required little skill before the update, you could just spam skills as they come off cooldown. And the update, which is designed to kill stuff quicker just makes it even easier. I really don't know if ANet intend to add some underwater maps - but if they do they would hardly be very interesting with the current state of underwater combat - you gotta give the poor mobs an inkling of a chance.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Cool. Then Gold is worth more than Gold, as it takes time to acquire it, as does every other item in-game.

> Regardless, it costs much less to acquire an Ascended Aquabreather in this way than suggested in the OP.

Naturally, this is the basics of all economics.

Everything has a cost in which the opportunity cost is factored into.

One could pay 5$ for food on any day, or they could opt not to and instead spend that same currency in seeds and grow potatoes. Now they'll be hungry for some time but they'll eventually have more than 1 days food.

> Cool. Then Gold is worth more than Gold, as it takes time to acquire it, as does every other item in-game.

> Regardless, it costs much less to acquire an Ascended Aquabreather in this way than suggested in the OP.

Nope, gold has equal value.

But your time you use to get said gold has a different amount of value. Say I spend the 60 minutes you used to get 10 chests done (daily 10 krait killed, all 10 chest locations used) to gain gold via a different method and if we assume you gained 40 swim speed infusions (it'll be closer to 30-35 but hey). If I made more than 10 gold in those 60 minutes, I could buy the swim speed infusions off the TP.

The gold or net value I increased my account by was higher than your net value increase.

According to gw2efficiency **crafting an ascended breather costs between 32 and 42 gold** (Ferratus being the cheapest and WupWup the most expensive). Getting the **Diver's Breather Helmet from the merchant costs 11g 46s and 512 swim speed infusions (which at current TP prices amounts to over 150 gold)**. TC is actually correct in stating that crafting the breather is way cheaper, it's even less than 1/3 the current price.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Cool. Then Gold is worth more than Gold, as it takes time to acquire it, as does every other item in-game.

> > Regardless, it costs much less to acquire an Ascended Aquabreather in this way than suggested in the OP.

>

> Nope, gold has equal value.

>

> But your time you use to get said gold has a different amount of value. Say I spend the 60 minutes you used to get 10 chests done (daily 10 krait killed, all 10 chest locations used) to gain gold via a different method and if we assume you gained 40 swim speed infusions (it'll be closer to 30-35 but hey). If I made more than 10 gold in those 60 minutes, I could buy the swim speed infusions off the TP.

>

> The gold or net value I increased my account by was higher than your net value increase.

>

> According to gw2efficiency **crafting an ascended breather costs between 32 and 42 gold** (Ferratus being the cheapest and WupWup the most expensive). Getting the **Diver's Breather Helmet from the merchant costs 11g 46s and 512 swim speed infusions (which at current TP prices amounts to over 150 gold)**. TC is actually correct in stating that crafting the breather is way cheaper, it's even less than 1/3 the current price.

Do you also count the costs to getting to level 500 crafting? Because that is a consideration. I don’t have crafting at 500 in any of the 3 armor weights so I would need to spend time and mats doing that. The swim speed ascended breather I can walk up to the NPC and buy without getting my crafting to 500.

Let's see, a month ago, those breathers were 512+ Gold; a month from now, maybe 50 Gold. Six months from now? Could be the infusions are selling for few copper, so....

For me, gathering my own mats and crafting something means it is free; for others, I guess they sell everything and horde the Gold. Whatever floats one's boat.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > Cool. Then Gold is worth more than Gold, as it takes time to acquire it, as does every other item in-game.

> > > Regardless, it costs much less to acquire an Ascended Aquabreather in this way than suggested in the OP.

> >

> > Nope, gold has equal value.

> >

> > But your time you use to get said gold has a different amount of value. Say I spend the 60 minutes you used to get 10 chests done (daily 10 krait killed, all 10 chest locations used) to gain gold via a different method and if we assume you gained 40 swim speed infusions (it'll be closer to 30-35 but hey). If I made more than 10 gold in those 60 minutes, I could buy the swim speed infusions off the TP.

> >

> > The gold or net value I increased my account by was higher than your net value increase.

> >

> > According to gw2efficiency **crafting an ascended breather costs between 32 and 42 gold** (Ferratus being the cheapest and WupWup the most expensive). Getting the **Diver's Breather Helmet from the merchant costs 11g 46s and 512 swim speed infusions (which at current TP prices amounts to over 150 gold)**. TC is actually correct in stating that crafting the breather is way cheaper, it's even less than 1/3 the current price.

>

> Do you also count the costs to getting to level 500 crafting? Because that is a consideration. I don’t have crafting at 500 in any of the 3 armor weights so I would need to spend time and mats doing that. The swim speed ascended breather I can walk up to the NPC and buy without getting my crafting to 500.

Heavy armor costs around 55g-60g if you use fast crafting according to gw2crafts.net.

Medium is a bit more expensive with being around 10-15g higher.

Light is about the same as heavy.

So even with having to get to 500 crafting, it is far cheaper.

> Let's see, a month ago, those breathers were 512+ Gold; a month from now, maybe 50 Gold. Six months from now? Could be the infusions are selling for few copper, so....

>

> For me, gathering my own mats and crafting something means it is free; for others, I guess they sell everything and horde the Gold. Whatever floats one's boat.

True, so factually you might be correct in 6-12 months from now. You were grossly incorrect 1 month ago (when infusion prices were even higher) and will remain wrong for a good amount of time. Assuming infusions continue to drop value wise.

What I'm getting at is: if you are giving advice, try to stay as factual and clear as possible. If a player does not use all resources available he should be able to rely on what you tell him. Having a player spend 3 times the amount of gold on an aqua breather (without the benefit of gaining a 500 craft which still remains at half price currently) is something which does not fall under "free" or good advice.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > Cool. Then Gold is worth more than Gold, as it takes time to acquire it, as does every other item in-game.

> > > > Regardless, it costs much less to acquire an Ascended Aquabreather in this way than suggested in the OP.

> > >

> > > Nope, gold has equal value.

> > >

> > > But your time you use to get said gold has a different amount of value. Say I spend the 60 minutes you used to get 10 chests done (daily 10 krait killed, all 10 chest locations used) to gain gold via a different method and if we assume you gained 40 swim speed infusions (it'll be closer to 30-35 but hey). If I made more than 10 gold in those 60 minutes, I could buy the swim speed infusions off the TP.

> > >

> > > The gold or net value I increased my account by was higher than your net value increase.

> > >

> > > According to gw2efficiency **crafting an ascended breather costs between 32 and 42 gold** (Ferratus being the cheapest and WupWup the most expensive). Getting the **Diver's Breather Helmet from the merchant costs 11g 46s and 512 swim speed infusions (which at current TP prices amounts to over 150 gold)**. TC is actually correct in stating that crafting the breather is way cheaper, it's even less than 1/3 the current price.

> >

> > Do you also count the costs to getting to level 500 crafting? Because that is a consideration. I don’t have crafting at 500 in any of the 3 armor weights so I would need to spend time and mats doing that. The swim speed ascended breather I can walk up to the NPC and buy without getting my crafting to 500.

>

> Heavy armor costs around 55g-60g if you use fast crafting according to gw2crafts.net.

> Medium is a bit more expensive with being around 10-15g higher.

> Light is about the same as heavy.

>

> So even with having to get to 500 crafting, it is far cheaper.

>

That’s interesting. I had thought it was much more expensive to go from 400 to 500. Of course I might have gotten that impression back when mats cost more, and back then I probably didn’t make as much gold.

For anyone to answer.

Can you use the swim infusion on any ascended breather? I saw on the forums when it first came out that it could only be slotted into the one from the NPC.

> @"Beorn Raukar.4328" said:

> > For anyone to answer.

> >

> > Can you use the swim infusion on any ascended breather? I saw on the forums when it first came out that it could only be slotted into the one from the NPC.

>

> Yes, you can use it on any breather. The expensive one from the NPC is basically just a cool skin.

Thanks. That increases the options enormously.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > @"Daddicus.6128" said:

> > But, they ALL really need to have a slot for a rune, so you can get back up to 6 when underwater.

>

> Don't they all already have that?

~~No. They have a slot for an infusion, but not a rune.

I THINK this is a bug-like oversight, because the exotic and rare ones have a rune slot. ArenaNet?~~

-------------------------------------------------------

Well, now today they do. Very strange, because I was looking right at it when I typed my first statements.

So, I retract and repent in dust and ashes.