July 10th Patch

HeadCrowned.6834

> @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > I'm really liking the buffs to beastmastery. Pew pewing people in wvw is even more profitable now.

>

> I wouldn’t even call it a buff to BM as much as I’d say it’s a buff to Soulbeast since it’s effectively only a SB buff.

Either way, I love it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"apocalypso.4895" said:

> > @"Lynnie.7213" said:

> > Dreaming with Power Soulbeast as Meta PVE may become true, finally! Can't stand the condi build and tired of playing druid healing.

>

> It's 32k dps now. Check the new completely braindead deadeye build that does 37k...

Well condi Soulbeast is doing 36k maybe more because im bad

> @"Sigfrid.5846" said:

> > @"apocalypso.4895" said:

> > > @"Lynnie.7213" said:

> > > Dreaming with Power Soulbeast as Meta PVE may become true, finally! Can't stand the condi build and tired of playing druid healing.

> >

> > It's 32k dps now. Check the new completely braindead deadeye build that does 37k...

>

> Well condi Soulbeast is doing 36k maybe more because im bad

Condi-SlB does 47,5k if you go full tryhard 'cause Flame Trap is bugged.

> @"Wondrouswall.7169" said:

> > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > But the poor Iboga only had damage going for it in group scenarios specifically, and was meh elsewhere.

>

> They probably did it because PvE. The old bugged version was in-line with pets such as Wyverns, Jacaranda, or Felines, and didn't need nearly every condition on a target to be good - it was just consistent.

>

> Then, after the recent changes, it was pulling in better numbers than those pets, but only when a target had nearly every condition on top of PvE confusion procs for nearly double - but was inconsistent in damage.

>

> Now, it seems the nerf requires the most optimal scenario for it to match other top tier DPS pets, while further knocking its effectiveness down in other modes. But the devs don't seem to care about that, right? No skill splits for pets yet.

If that was the case, and it seems like it is, then why didn't they make the split between pvp/wvw and Pve?

> @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > @"Wondrouswall.7169" said:

> > They probably did it because PvE. The old bugged version was in-line with pets such as Wyverns, Jacaranda, or Felines, and didn't need nearly every condition on a target to be good - it was just consistent.

> >

> > Then, after the recent changes, it was pulling in better numbers than those pets, but only when a target had nearly every condition on top of PvE confusion procs for nearly double - but was inconsistent in damage.

> >

> > Now, it seems the nerf requires the most optimal scenario for it to match other top tier DPS pets, while further knocking its effectiveness down in other modes. But the devs don't seem to care about that, right? No skill splits for pets yet.

>

> If that was the case, and it seems like it is, then why didn't they make the split between pvp/wvw and Pve?

I'd wager several reasons: Too many pets, thus too many skills to tune across 3 modes; no interest or desire as the devs seem tired and uninterested to balance Ranger outside the usual complaints, even Irenio seems to have lost interest (see Soulbeast reveal); and the workload is too great for the payoff, as only Rangers that give a d-mn about the profession's main mechanic luck out - everyone else and Rangers that could care less or dislike pets would still not care or believe that time could have been spent elsewhere.

Honestly I'm more annoyed at the Shortbow nerf to poison volley than anything else. The one attack that practically encourages flanking and with range positioning and has actual risk and reward is reduced? Out of every change, this one just feels like a real bad kick between the legs because it was actually fun and had a dynamic of risk and reward. If this was so badly affecting their dps golem tests, maybe they should see how it functions in practice. Ranger already ate ~15% nerfs to torch, so this just makes the condition builds that much more weak when you're not min-maxing. So much for fun.

> @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > @"Gotejjeken.1267" said:

> > Lol @ 'random knockdowns'. That's like saying you got 'randomly' burst from stealth.

> >

> > It's nowhere near 'random'. Forage is random; canine KDs are definitely not.

>

We should be able to tell pets when to use their skills.

I know im focking crazy because that would make us really OP.....

> @"Lyros.4673" said:

> Honestly I'm more annoyed at the Shortbow nerf to poison volley than anything else. The one attack that practically encourages flanking and with range positioning and has actual risk and reward is reduced? Out of every change, this one just feels like a real bad kick between the legs because it was actually fun and had a dynamic of risk and reward. If this was so badly affecting their dps golem tests, maybe they should see how it functions in practice. Ranger already ate ~15% nerfs to torch, so this just makes the condition builds that much more weak when you're not min-maxing. So much for fun.

As long as we keep our "improved" flame trap, I'd be fine with that. Mirage has a lot of condition-burst; it's just fair that we get some too. :p

Ah, sweet dreams...

**"Invulnerability effects will now stop conditions from applying damage."**

If true across all modes then this changes everything....

I tested signet of stone, black bear soulbeast invulns and they worked against the pulsing damage over time effect you can turn on in the training room. However, I have not tested against pve/pvp condis yet.

This could allow rangers to take MM line and not lose out on condi defense. If fact, now it offers more condi defense on top of SOS with certain traits. Same with certain soulbeast pet skills Big change.

This is potentially huge!

Anyone have any other test data?

> @"GUFF.5692" said:

> "Invulnerability effects will now stop conditions from applying damage."

> I tested signet of stone, black bear soulbeast invulns and they worked against the pulsing damage over time effect you can turn on in the training room. However, I have not tested against pve/pvp condis yet.

SoS and Unflinching Fortitude don't give Invulnerability.

> @"GUFF.5692" said:

> **"Invulnerability effects will now stop conditions from applying damage."**

>

> If true across all modes then this changes everything....

>

> I tested signet of stone, black bear soulbeast invulns and they worked against the pulsing damage over time effect you can turn on in the training room. However, I have not tested against pve/pvp condis yet.

>

> This could allow rangers to take MM line and not lose out on condi defense. If fact, now it offers more condi defense on top of SOS with certain traits. Same with certain soulbeast pet skills Big change.

>

> This is potentially huge!

>

> Anyone have any other test data?

Ranger doesn't have any invulnerability skills. Signet of Stone doesn't stop the condition damage and nor does any of the Soulbeast skills.

> @"Gotejjeken.1267" said:

> Lol @ 'random knockdowns'. That's like saying you got 'randomly' burst from stealth.

>

> It's nowhere near 'random'. Forage is random; canine KDs are definitely not.

Yeah, the smokescale's incredibly predictable, they use one of their skills immediately, use the other, then bite you until the CDs on the first two skills are up. Exactly the same way the monster version behaves.

I seriously doubt if these actually are true:

Pack Alpha: This trait now grants the full 150 attribute increase to each primary attribute, up from 80, to a ****merged soulbeast at level 80****.

Pet's Prowess: This trait now grants the full 300 ferocity increase and 30% movement speed increase, up from 150 and 25% respectively, to a merged soulbeast at level 80.

selected beastmatery, melded with pet... attribute points show zero "0"

but movement speed is increased i appreciate that.. now i don't feel like a R.E.T.A.R.D/permacrippled in pvp... but the ferocity didnt... i compared before meld and after soulbeast meld, i used a stout pet to check ferocity values(since i should get ferocity even if the pet isn't ferocious right?)... no change... compared with removing beastmastery trait... no change at all... :/

I just checked right now and was definitely getting the correct values when merged. Ferocious pet was 350 power, 150 toughness/vit/precision, and 400 ferocity. Stout pet was correct as well. Tested in Lions Arch (pve), pvp lobby, and wvw zones; all the same.

Only thing I can think of is: were you mounted when you checked your stats?