Suggestion: Crafting Component Tracker/Helper UI

**I love this game**. I've played it _very casually_ since 2012. I loved crafting in other games, such as Star Wars Galaxies, Everquest II, and World of Warcraft.

**I don't generally craft in Guild Wars 2, because the system of _sub-components of sub-components of sub-components of sub-components of..._ is overwhelming. **

I've been at 470ish Armorsmith for_ literal years,_ because I just can't do it. I open up the system, I poke around at what I have in storage, I reference the wiki pages, and about 10 minutes later I just close it all and do something else.

_Why?_

**There are too many parts to keep track of and the sources for those parts are in too many game play systems. **

The crafting UI and system itself is perfectly acceptable - very smart and effective even. And collecting resources is fun - I'd say 90% or more of what I do in the game is harvest stuff while doing various daily quests! And it was this acknowledgement that made me think,

**"Hey, I bet it would be a lot less overwhelming and much more enjoyable if there was an _in game_ tracking system for recipes similar to we have for achievements, collections, and dailies!"**

Toss in some mouse-over hints as to where some of the items can be located in the game and perhaps an NPC the players could chat with for ideas on what they could do (collect and craft) to level up, and you've got a solid handle on mitigating the enormity of many of the system.

Seriously, I love wandering the amazingly beautiful open world, doing events and dailies and world bosses, and using the daily and achievement tracker UI (and world boss timer Android app!) helps with this immensely, because there is just so much to the game. GW2 is really the only game I play anymore (yup, I spent hundreds of hours making a [solo version of SWGEmu](https://semi-nerdly.ca/games-i-play/star-wars-galaxies-swgemu/ "solo version of SWGEmu") for myself and I _still_ play GW2 instead!), there is so much to it that it will keep me busy in my "game time" for years. However, sometimes there's a little _too much_ to it and the crafting sub-components is the one area where that negatively impacts me personally. I have thought about this issue a number of times over the years and I decided to post about it today, because I'd _like to do the crafting_, just not all the disjointed research/tracking/alt-tabbing/etc. that it currently requires. I'm totally down for doing the work, I just don't have the headspace to keep track of it all!

Thanks for your time. :)