Linking servers is not fair, advice for move to another server?

TheChino.2153

> @"SkyShroud.2865" said:

> > @"Threather.9354" said:

> > All stacking causes is good players, guilds and commanders quitting the game due to their options being facerolling enemy or be with people that are years behind in wvw skills. By this i mean people/guilds from/ on vabbi, yb and jq etc are frankly pretty laughable

>

> So that is why you moved from Vabbi to FSP (base on 2017 history post you were on Vabbi) and followed the KN bandwagon hype last link? :)

Yes I was on vabbi back when the community wanted to play maps other than eb and not blob always, also the server got too addicted to winning and just wanted go cloud in/near sm enemy with range revs even tho even 8 y.o knows it isnt healthy for the game, they just didnt even want try play for fun after PoF hit cuz their "must win ego". Basically I played off hours mostly with outnumbered buff. FSP isnt exactlyy bandvagoner server either atm :wink:

I just moved my alt to kaineng link from sos cuz if I am playing the game at 5 am on alt I almost never use, it is better having open tagging streamer on server (eldvadodos or something). I was on SoS with envy or whatever for 1 linking but figured id try anoyher NA server with actual commanders that have some clue about the game instead of some warrior reset lead that joined envy, boasted about being good but was hot garbage. Surprisingly i cant shout at my apartment at 5 am so might as well be on a server with actual commander. Also you cant claim that kn was stronger than JQ BG at the time. Or even FA

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"HandsomeGentleman.9576" said:

> It's just sad that the same guilds that ruined YB, KN, Mag, TC, JQ, etc are now trying to ruin another server. But you know, it's going to make the wvw community better /s.

Far as I know the mag guilds moved to Fa and SoS.. the guilds that stacked KN and SoR were from JQ YB SoS BG CD.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > @"HandsomeGentleman.9576" said:

> > It's just sad that the same guilds that ruined YB, KN, Mag, TC, JQ, etc are now trying to ruin another server. But you know, it's going to make the wvw community better /s.

>

> Far as I know the mag guilds moved to Fa and SoS.. the guilds that stacked KN and SoR were from JQ YB SoS BG CD.

![](https://i.imgur.com/SBzF3VK.png "")

It's not a secret who moved, nor is it comparable.

it is nice to run closed because players are in voip. fights resulted good and so is saving structures.

less stress for us since i know this is all we can do. but because i know our capacity, we normally avoid big numbers since we normally have 5 to 10 slayers running.

so far, when we get out numbers, enemies are easily slayed. but when they are more, we try to win still. sometimes we do, sometimes we dont

but it's what i play for now. the guys who stuck with me. since pugs will come and go. and even guild mates come and go.

but outside of the game, we buddies.

> @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > @"HandsomeGentleman.9576" said:

> > > It's just sad that the same guilds that ruined YB, KN, Mag, TC, JQ, etc are now trying to ruin another server. But you know, it's going to make the wvw community better /s.

> >

> > Far as I know the mag guilds moved to Fa and SoS.. the guilds that stacked KN and SoR were from JQ YB SoS BG CD.

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/SBzF3VK.png "")

>

> It's not a secret who moved, nor is it comparable.

But the spreadsheet isn't all accurate because it is maintained by a tiny group of people living in particular timezone from particular tier.

The spread sheet being link around is being admin by myself and Namer with the help of the entire WvW community and our organizations from the WvW discord. to the Initiative, to just asking said leader about their world or guild.

If anything needs updating, you can leave updates with myself or him. His information is on the document.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XLyvyiH-P05UGZtGHvoAAycJfoE7E4ORmDDBTF02E_g/edit#gid=0

Now if you examine this more accurately and if you know the histories behind said guilds and their communities, you'd understand that the bandwagon effect caused was an uncontrollable effect due to them wanting to move in the first place. This is no different than the times years ago when mass waves of guilds moved to another world. The only difference in this day in age is that now, we (GW2 Community globally) can ignore the cap of a server by moving to its link instead.

The premy alliances are great. nothing against them. brings entertainment and value. But we all know there will only be one alliance to rule them and it's between cookies [beastgate] and Xushin [Magswag]. All the guilds that moved recently have about a 4 week attention span. Quickest circle jerk NA.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> He is the one and only expert on off hours Ocx and Sea matters for all 24 servers, you shouldn't be asking other people in those time zones, just him for the facts.

>

Just ask him. He'll tell you as much.

Back on topic. Servers shouldn't stack. It's bad.

> @"grifflyman.8102" said:

> Hey this is Canis, someone who was born and raised on SBI. I've helped run countless server meetings, training events and helped with the website and community TS. My heart belongs to SBI and I will always love it, we however stink and it's no fault of our own. Over the last three years we have seen more and more players transfer off the server in search of a better WvW environment. Most of those players have quit all together, a few of them remain and are now in some pretty good WvW guilds.

>

> When the game freely allows groups to move from server to server you end up with destroyed communities that are left out to die. I love this game, but part of me will always hate ArenaNet for destroying our community and taking 4+ years to do something about it.

>

> I have a full time job now, and ended up following a guild to another server, Anvil Rock. It's very small with much less negativity (so far). It left a hole in my heart to leave a server I spent so much time and effort in but SBI has nothing left to give, all the talent has left, most of the old school WvW players stopped playing, and we have horribly skilled pugs who just don't want to get better.

>

> Just my two cents.

>

> Miss my SBI folks. <3

I think NSP and SBI battles would be fun...but a certain red server is getting in the way :)

> @"misterman.1530" said:

> > @"grifflyman.8102" said:

> > Hey this is Canis, someone who was born and raised on SBI. I've helped run countless server meetings, training events and helped with the website and community TS. My heart belongs to SBI and I will always love it, we however stink and it's no fault of our own. Over the last three years we have seen more and more players transfer off the server in search of a better WvW environment. Most of those players have quit all together, a few of them remain and are now in some pretty good WvW guilds.

> >

> > When the game freely allows groups to move from server to server you end up with destroyed communities that are left out to die. I love this game, but part of me will always hate ArenaNet for destroying our community and taking 4+ years to do something about it.

> >

> > I have a full time job now, and ended up following a guild to another server, Anvil Rock. It's very small with much less negativity (so far). It left a hole in my heart to leave a server I spent so much time and effort in but SBI has nothing left to give, all the talent has left, most of the old school WvW players stopped playing, and we have horribly skilled pugs who just don't want to get better.

> >

> > Just my two cents.

> >

> > Miss my SBI folks. <3

>

> I think NSP and SBI battles would be fun...but a certain red server is getting in the way :)

oh i bet it would be good. and i think sbi has a bit mor pop that we do, so it would be an engaging week.

sadly wvw is 1v2

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > @"misterman.1530" said:

> > > @"grifflyman.8102" said:

> > > Hey this is Canis, someone who was born and raised on SBI. I've helped run countless server meetings, training events and helped with the website and community TS. My heart belongs to SBI and I will always love it, we however stink and it's no fault of our own. Over the last three years we have seen more and more players transfer off the server in search of a better WvW environment. Most of those players have quit all together, a few of them remain and are now in some pretty good WvW guilds.

> > >

> > > When the game freely allows groups to move from server to server you end up with destroyed communities that are left out to die. I love this game, but part of me will always hate ArenaNet for destroying our community and taking 4+ years to do something about it.

> > >

> > > I have a full time job now, and ended up following a guild to another server, Anvil Rock. It's very small with much less negativity (so far). It left a hole in my heart to leave a server I spent so much time and effort in but SBI has nothing left to give, all the talent has left, most of the old school WvW players stopped playing, and we have horribly skilled pugs who just don't want to get better.

> > >

> > > Just my two cents.

> > >

> > > Miss my SBI folks. <3

> >

> > I think NSP and SBI battles would be fun...but a certain red server is getting in the way :)

>

> oh i bet it would be good. and i think sbi has a bit mor pop that we do, so it would be an engaging week.

>

> sadly wvw is 1v2

Yeah. Tough to constantly fight two fronts :)