Server conundrum

WvW is the only place that your home server matters, as that separates you into teams (though that eventually is going away once the alliance system is in place). PvE zones merge players from all servers to keep the populations healthier. It used to be that each server had its own instance of a zone, and it only would merge players in "overflow" instances when the main instances were full. With the "megaservers" introduced in 2014, the game only spins up as many instances of PvE maps as it needs to in order to handle the number of players who want to be in a zone at a given time. So, if only 100 people in North America want to be in a zone at a given time, there's one instance of the zone with 100 people in it.

The only time you'll ever see people only from your server is in WvW, and even WvW has two to three servers put together for every week's set up. Servers basically only exist in name when it comes to PvE. All maps for PvE and the PvP lobby are megaserver, meaning that the players you see will be from lots of different servers. The players you see most often will be those you are friends with or in a guild with, but overlap with other players will still happen, too.

So, do you think it's just a coincidence that someone from another server shows up on the same server as me?

Example: I move from Yak's Bend (to get away from someone who's annoying) to Dragonbrand. (still both NA servers), but a couple of days later the person that was on Yak's Bend shows up in Dragonbrand.

> @"Lechtrixx.1053" said:

> So, do you think it's just a coincidence that someone from another server shows up on the same server as me?

> Example: I move from Yak's Bend (to get away from someone who's annoying) to Dragonbrand. (still both NA servers), but a couple of days later the person that was on Yak's Bend shows up in Dragonbrand.

Since it was explain to you. Yes it's a coincidence.