Harmonious Conduit

ThiBash.5634

Given that dps Tempests are being hit hard by the recent nerfs aimed at Weaver, I was wondering how people felt about reverting [Harmonious Conduit](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Harmonious_Conduit "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Harmonious_Conduit") to its previous 5 second duration (as opposed to the 4 second duration it has now).

It would seem to be a good way to change dps Tempests only without affecting either support/healing tempests and/or weavers. It might also be a nice buff for Fresh Air builds. It's also a small enough adjustment that it would not upset the meta (much) and it could even be PvE only if it caused issues in WvW/sPvP. Any thoughts?

Guess you refer to the changes made to skills like Meteor Shower. These changes are only a nerf when it comes to enemies with large hitboxes. Against enemies with small hitboxes, which only get hit a few times, the damage is actually higher than before due the increased damage for the first few hits. The damage against enemies with large hitboxes was too high before the changes, so I don't think any kind of compensation is needed here.

The 40% damage reduction for Lava Font is a different story. But I think if that change is compensated, then core Ele and Weaver should be compensated too, not only Tempest.

The lava font change needs to be reverted or made less severe , but that's not as relevant to tempest.

Harmonious conduit , if changed, still will not compare with weaver's Elements of Rage along with the +120 attribute bonus and ferocity boost. You'd need something that works well with Fresh Air due to the nature of overloads.

I'm guessing you want a PvE buff for tempests because for PvP / WvW nobody mentions hitboxes.

Overload air could add more vulnerability , I doubt damage or target count will increase. Overload fire does more damage but has a smaller radius.

"Aftershock" could use a slight PvE recharge reduction.

"Feel the burn" could use a PvE buff as well, fire aura is easy to attain so it isn't strong , especially with the 25 cooldown.

Ultimately I like tempest more than weaver, but that's due to extra flexibility. Even if you're not specced for healing , "wash the pain away" still works ; overloads still apply protection +swiftness and break stun. I don't like staff on tempest though. There's not enough auras you directly apply: you only get magnetic aura on earth staff 3. You'd have to use water staff 4 (ice field) + fire staff 2 (fire field) + static field (lightning field) for auras but you don't have a leap so the only combo for auras is blasting the ice field.

Usually I'll run Air+Water+Tempest. Air for Fresh air + Ferocious winds , Water for Powerful Aura. Fire traitline would be tempting for staff users.

> @"Patty.3268" said:

> The 40% damage reduction for Lava Font is a different story. But I think if that change is compensated, then core Ele and Weaver should be compensated too, not only Tempest.

Agreed. My focus was on the gap between the various damage builds though, not buffing ele dps in general. The main reason I thought of Harmonious Conduit is because it wouldn't affect either Weaver or support Tempest. I'd be open for other changes too though. However, I don't have any ideas myself on how to buff core ele without making weaver overpowered again in the process so I'll leave that to others.

> @"Infusion.7149" said:

> Harmonious conduit , if changed, still will not compare with weaver's Elements of Rage along with the +120 attribute bonus and ferocity boost.

It will not compare, but that's intended. The idea is to lessen the gap between weaver and non-weaver dps, not replace weaver as top dps. Tempest still has a lot of boon sharing besides dps so it shouldn't have the same dps as weaver. However, the current gap is too large so tempest could use a small buff.