What is it with Black Lion keys?

> @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > i play 6 years and only had 1 single key drop, don't call bad luck just yet.

> > >

> > > You mean only one drop from mobs, or only one from completing all the map zones over and over on alts? Because if the latter, you are at the nether end of the bell curve and I sorrow for you. There's always been a solid chance that completing a map (other than cities) would give you a key.

> >

> > all of it, only one single drop.

>

> That is some horrible RNG. I have gotten keys for completing personal story quests several times, on top of map completion occasionally. I would have to say my RNG luck falls in line with exactly what it should be, about 25%.

>

> You can try saving a character slot for a farmer. Get to level 10 by completely exploring a starter map (eventually you will remember everything, and it will go quickly) and do the first part of the personal story, then delete, and start over. You will get keys eventually, and stock up on transmutation charges if you are low, though I think you can only get the personal story key once a week.

everyone get's it from personal stories, i am talking about actual RNG involvement.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > i play 6 years and only had 1 single key drop, don't call bad luck just yet.

> > > >

> > > > You mean only one drop from mobs, or only one from completing all the map zones over and over on alts? Because if the latter, you are at the nether end of the bell curve and I sorrow for you. There's always been a solid chance that completing a map (other than cities) would give you a key.

> > >

> > > all of it, only one single drop.

> >

> > That is some horrible RNG. I have gotten keys for completing personal story quests several times, on top of map completion occasionally. I would have to say my RNG luck falls in line with exactly what it should be, about 25%.

> >

> > You can try saving a character slot for a farmer. Get to level 10 by completely exploring a starter map (eventually you will remember everything, and it will go quickly) and do the first part of the personal story, then delete, and start over. You will get keys eventually, and stock up on transmutation charges if you are low, though I think you can only get the personal story key once a week.

>

> everyone get's it from personal stories, i am talking about actual RNG involvement.

You made it sound like you've gotten one from everything. Also, the other part of my post still applies. The starter zones are the absolute easiest to complete, so doing all of those with a farming character is the best way I've found to farm keys, especially with mounts.