Specs [suggestion]

Have some new specializations and elite specializations that add second set of skills to some weapons.

Have some elite/non-elite specialization change weapon skills.

Add a few basic traits and specs/elite specs to mounts. Start with one spec with one minor and two/three major traits.

> @"Luindu.2418" said:

> Why anyone will waste the spec trait line and traits for upgrade his mount?

> Sorry but i'm disagree, mount's upgrades goes with masteries.

I believe the basic idea here is mounted combat, though... in which case I believe a lot of people would use it.

First i'm discarding the option of making a core "mount" trait line for all classes because the balance and the domain skill "like Bonded life", also i'm assuming that the point of OP is to use with the actual mounts (including his movement speed, special movements,...) and that points to a problem, what to do when a player with a "cavalier spec" enters in a JP or a "disabled mounts" area? as i think, that can be managed better through masteries (for pve fun).

Because the main problem i see isn't the concept, is that this news "Cavalier specs" can't be used in 2/3 of the game (pvp / wvw) or if anet allow use it (with the clunky turn movement, telegraphed attacks and precission, like roller bettle charge), when mount be killed you will be in combat with 2/3 of core trait lines and spec trait line almost useless :/

> @"Luindu.2418" said:

> First i'm discarding the option of making a core "mount" trait line for all classes because the balance and the domain skill "like Bonded life", also i'm assuming that the point of OP is to use with the actual mounts (including his movement speed, special movements,...) and that points to a problem, what to do when a player with a "cavalier spec" enters in a JP or a "disabled mounts" area? as i think, that can be managed better through masteries (for pve fun).

> Because the main problem i see isn't the concept, is that this news "Cavalier specs" can't be used in 2/3 of the game (pvp / wvw) or if anet allow use it (with the clunky turn movement, telegraphed attacks and precission, like roller bettle charge), when mount be killed you will be in combat with 2/3 of core trait lines and spec trait line almost useless :/

>

I can't see any possible issue having gamemode spesific specs. That said I'd say it's rather unfair to call pve/wvw 2/3 of the game. they're more like 1/30, if that much. Yes, I know there's players who only play those two game modes, but the amount of Space and Game mechanics included in those two game modes, they do not compare to PvE.

To be fair, there would be a billion ways to get around those problems. The most logical one would be: You'd always share HP with your mount when having this spec on. When your mount is downed so are you, when you get up, you get up mounted. That wouldn't be hard to make, since they already have a skill that goes in that direction.

My personal opinion on the matter is, I would hate to see ArenaNet implement any kind of mounted combat, beyond the charging skill. If they do give the mounts any more skills, which I think would be neat, I'd hope it'd be skills that makes movement easier, like "invulnerable for x seconds" or "stealth for x seconds" or something along those lines. I do not think we need mounted combat though, and I really do not think we need a specialization for the mounts at all. I'd rather see we do not get it, unless of course they make enough mounted movement related skills for a whole specialization, then give us the specialization without affecting the combat specializations at all. (a 4th specialization only usable by the mount, that is).

The specs wouldn't have to be for combat. The specs would be for mount abilities and modifications. Parts of it could be achieved through masteries though.

A part of this suggestion is for characters and a part is for mounts.

The traits would belong to the mount (mount specialization) and be separate from character traits.

@"Zahld.4956" That does make sense. With a specific spec. slot for it where it wouldn't get in the way of the characters other specs, it would be a pretty neat idea.

It would be nice with some diversity in the mounts, after all. and that you cannot do with masteries. Though you could unlock the elite spec and it's levels through masteries?... maybe?...