Is it time to bring back Monthly's ??

I have heard a lot of people complaining that they are starting to hit their daily achievement point limit (15,000). I am getting very close to this as well. Is it time to bring back Monthly's or at least increase the Daily limit? Seems like the available achievement points have been pretty limited for these latest updates. Thoughts?

Nah, I rather reach daily cap and be rewarded with the freedom to not need to do them for AP anymore lol. Unless I really wanted 2g. They're such a chore, even more-so now that I cant just complete them in 1-2 Spvp customs. anymore. You should be overjoyed to reach cap. Do what you want and not what the game wants you to do.

I'd like the 4 years playtime one needs minimum to reach that cap on my own account... : P

But yeah, they limit AP due to the limited number of rewards that exist- if they raised daily cap they'd need to create more rewards. IIRC theres only rewards up to 38k or something right now.

Also a cap makes it nice for those in my situation-- there's an end point to AP, someone who was introduced/able to play earlier than me/anyone who's played for less than 4 years eventually won't inherently have an advantage just due to knowing about the game earlier, at some point.

(also "a lot" is relevant- as a % of the total playerbase and active playerbase i'm not sure there's a high % who met the cap. especially since playing everyday for 4+ years is a big ask for most people)

> @"Lexi.1398" said:

> I'd like the 4 years playtime one needs minimum to reach that cap on my own account... : P

>

> But yeah, they limit AP due to the limited number of rewards that exist- if they raised daily cap they'd need to create more rewards. IIRC theres only rewards up to 38k or something right now.

>

> Also a cap makes it nice for those in my situation-- there's an end point to AP, someone who was introduced/able to play earlier than me/anyone who's played for less than 4 years eventually won't inherently have an advantage just due to knowing about the game earlier, at some point.

>

> (also "a lot" is relevant- as a % of the total playerbase and active playerbase i'm not sure there's a high % who met the cap. especially since playing everyday for 4+ years is a big ask for most people)

there's rewards for up to 60K AP. But with all the other sources of AP, they will eventually reach the cap and at some point, they will need to make more rewards. But I really hope they'll never raise the cap for daily AP. It's already sickly high, if you ask me.

> @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> Also monthly achievements were counted towards the achievement cap anyway.

>

> The cap _should_ be removed, because it demoralizes veteran players, but that's not how to do it.

This.

Not sure what bringing back monthlies would achieve when the AP gained via them is literally counted towards the daily AP cap (which is 15k AP for people wondering).

I don't mind having the AP cap removed, I'm 1 year off myself but actually look forward to not carrying about those 10 AP per day. It seems people who have reached that cap are divided on it. Some enjoy the fact that they can skip dailies, others need the AP as motivation to log in.

I miss the monthly, because it allowed you to play at your own leisure. I'd love the monthly as an alternative to the daily. But it does and should use the same total cap. Either way they should replace each-others, and not supplement each others, aka no double rewards. If you finished the monthly you should get no rewards for daily, and other way around.

More alternatives, not more grind.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> My opinion is that they limit new AP so they don’t have to go to the AP rewards and add more stuff for the higher numbers. If this is true then they’re not going to add ways to get more daily/monthly AP once you’ve hit the cap.

I concur. This conjecture might also explain why so many of the "new" achievements award so few points compared, say, to some of the legacy tasks from much earlier.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > Also monthly achievements were counted towards the achievement cap anyway.

> >

> > The cap _should_ be removed, because it demoralizes veteran players, but that's not how to do it.

>

> This.

>

> Not sure what bringing back monthlies would achieve when the AP gained via them is literally counted towards the daily AP cap (which is 15k AP for people wondering).

>

> I don't mind having the AP cap removed, I'm 1 year off myself but actually look forward to not carrying about those 10 AP per day. It seems people who have reached that cap are divided on it. Some enjoy the fact that they can skip dailies, others need the AP as motivation to log in.

I thought people did it for the 2g not the ap

> @"Klipso.8653" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > Also monthly achievements were counted towards the achievement cap anyway.

> > >

> > > The cap _should_ be removed, because it demoralizes veteran players, but that's not how to do it.

> >

> > This.

> >

> > Not sure what bringing back monthlies would achieve when the AP gained via them is literally counted towards the daily AP cap (which is 15k AP for people wondering).

> >

> > I don't mind having the AP cap removed, I'm 1 year off myself but actually look forward to not carrying about those 10 AP per day. It seems people who have reached that cap are divided on it. Some enjoy the fact that they can skip dailies, others need the AP as motivation to log in.

>

> I thought people did it for the 2g not the ap

I do it for the spirit shards

The dailies are good, because they draw people together on the same map. I think this aspect is what is important and should be enhanced. Long term I hope they upscale events a bit more, because the community works better when there is a bit of challenge to overcome, and that is hardly the case on the old Tyria maps. There is a regrettable tendency for people to give up when faced with something that is even slightly difficult though (as with a few bounties), so that needs to be solved by moving incentives around a bit - for instance people are quite prepared to a little work for rubies in bloodstone fen.