Let's discuss the Soulbeast Aura (Green cloud)

Jaysin X.6740

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That dirty diaper aura tells only one story about ranger devs. They didnt care at all about ranger class since day 1. They dint have time to make nice spec for ranger, and it looks like they simply lack imagination to make it. Look at holosmith animations, how armor changes etc, there you can see that they think all that stuff thru. Ranger/ Soulbeast will be the last class to get any proper fixes and buffs as usual. Nerfs will be swift and brutal, problems with triats and skills pointed out by players after beta will not be solved for sure.

egz : No pet swap in best mode , slow animations ,slowest dagger in mmo history ( please add the same speed to thief dagger skills, that would be interesting lol ) Soulbeast green fart garbage spec from get go will be overnerfed . Green aura + leafs for beast mode , who is an idiot that had this idea? Why would I ever buy any outfit from gem store if i cant see it in game ? New pets will be prob locked behind events in the remote parts of last map like it was in HOH .

PS : Srry for angry post but what it looks like all we get for sure in new xpack is lots of fake smiles and promises. Is there anyone in dev staff that lvl up ranger pass kessex hills and dint use scrolls for it ?

I agree, that green aura thingy is the main reason I'll stay away from Soulbeast. I loved Druid and I'd love to play my Druid as a Soulbeast through PoF but this green leafy stuff just ruins her style completely. Soulbeast already feels really underwhelming in general compared to the other specs but that aura is the final nail in the coffin to me.

I think something more subtle is best to not destroy the aesthetics of fashion design or override the hard earned legendaries or raid auras. As mentioned above, I think a significant tweak of the intensity would be beneficial or the suggested ground radius. I also like the short term animation of "We Heal as One" that would instead linger.

Why does the Engineer Specialization have a tiny little helicopter hovering near it. To warn others that their not just an ordinary engineer. If we don't have our pets, other professions might assume we're Warriors, Guardians or some other profession. They see the smoke and it's, "OHHHH it's a soulbeast, maybe I should WATCH OUT...."

Why does the ranger have to have the MOST tells, to warn all other classes what class we are? (kneel) "Ohhhh, he's setting a Trap" (kneel with bow in hand) "OHhhhhh he's gonna fire knockback" (big green smoke) "Ohhhhh it's a Soulbeast."

Why do we have to have so many tells, showing the enemy what we're going to do , how we're gonna do it, and what we are? Seriously?

tbh i'm disappointed with the fart cloud. I tested all the different new class specs yesterday and they all seem to have nice shiney skill and class animations and what do we get? A fart cloud....

I spent so long getting all my armours perfectly the way i like and now i have to look at them through a green noxious haze, seriously Anet...the fart cloud was the best you could come up with? Not even a client side option to turn of the fart cloud so the tell is still there for other players but i get also get to see my nice armours??

> @"Aleksander Suburb.4287" said:

> I want the aura just a few seconds after activating beastmode and then no more aura! I was so lucky to deactivate my pet for better view and nice screenshot and now I cant see because of the blinking green christmas called soulbeast.

Unmerge, stow pet, take screenshot?