Revert Blinding Powder

> @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> No, increase the casting time to 1sec. Thieves deserve it.

How'd you like a .25 second Cast Time on Decoy? Or on Signet of Midnight for that matter..? Would be better for balance and game integrity for sure.

Anyhow, the change to Blinding Powder has simply dumbed down the game for Thief players and made combat feel significantly less fluid (*like the CD on missing Stealth Skills, but at least that's fair*).

I'd be very happen to see them revert the change... Of course, removing the cast time would be ideal, but I don't consider that to be balanced.

I'm also still not sure if this was intended as a buff, or a nerf... I'd assume it was considered a buff by the devs, on paper it is, but considering the great amount of plays that can now no longer be made, it feels like a nerf. It just feels 'wrong' when you're playing with it now.

> @"Vornollo.5182" said:

> I'm also still not sure if this was intended as a buff, or a nerf... I'd assume it was considered a buff by the devs, on paper it is, but considering the great amount of plays that can now no longer be made, it feels like a nerf. It just feels 'wrong' when you're playing with it now.

Its both, they nerfed the play making potential but gave you something in return that you don't really like that much but maybe in the future will benefit you. Like getting a savings bond when you're 3.

> @"rigour.8749" said:

> > @"Vornollo.5182" said:

>

> > I'm also still not sure if this was intended as a buff, or a nerf... I'd assume it was considered a buff by the devs, on paper it is, but considering the great amount of plays that can now no longer be made, it feels like a nerf. It just feels 'wrong' when you're playing with it now.

>

> Its both, they nerfed the play making potential but gave you something in return that you don't really like that much but maybe in the future will benefit you. Like getting a savings bond when you're 3.

While possible, I don't see the 'Why' to such a line of thought.

Why would they nerf the playmaking potential? The combat is one of the major Selling Points for this game, there's just no reason to dumbing it down or even "un-streamlining" (*that's probably not a word...*) the combat, while that is exactly what they have done with this patch.

Indeed, the Blinding Powder was one of the skills that represented how should Thief profession actually feel/play out. Fluid.

Meanwhile stuff like Signet of Midnight and Decoy are too busy happily being BP 2.0 without the Cast time.

Thief never had any time to be slacking around, not even for 0.25, it was one of its core Ideas for Ini, to have speed and do "combos".

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> This honestly feels like a "We're gonna take this away to re-introduce it in the next Elite Spec lol"-sort of change.

> Blinding Powder was a really solid skill. What was the need to change it?

I think they tried to buff d/p but didn’t want to make it too strong.

I do think that overall this is a buff in most cases.

> @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > This honestly feels like a "We're gonna take this away to re-introduce it in the next Elite Spec lol"-sort of change.

> > Blinding Powder was a really solid skill. What was the need to change it?

>

> I think they tried to buff d/p but didn’t want to make it too strong.

> I do think that overall this is a buff in most cases.

>

They nerfed D/P with the change due to how Black Powder + Blinding Powder now makes you stop and wait.