Mortar Kit... Why?

DragonSlayer.1087

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"DragonSlayer.1087" said:

> > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > @"NeroBoron.7285" said:

> > > > Mortar and grenades completely fail on range. They move way to slow and the grenades don't even reach their destination on unsteady terrain. Dont get me wrong beside that they are okayish. But they could be pushed way more in a decent role. Also a true range dps weapon/kit is missing, which could be filled by the mortar

> > >

> > > That's because Anet bna class development to carry badies, they need lots of movement easy access, wich will result in lot of skills being completelly useless due how game is ment to rush n' spam.

> > >

> > > Still since they can do a decent job to make game requiring more skill and visual atention, mortar needs to be tranformed in something strong, sugested to use isege disablers on mortars at least would make it usable on WvW, to disable inner siege. :)

> >

> > I would love to have class specific skills geared for WvW.

>

> Game needs more in depth mechanics for that to happen, i dont think Anet likes it hehehe since they are very basic.

>

> But for sure would be fun to use it, to players could bombard inner and disable stuff, one thing that i dont remember is how engie mortar works, if its like the keeps mortar or just a aoe spell, for that to work decently it would have to work like the mortars in structures with power management.

If I remember right I think it was more like a usable turret that is similar to charzooka.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mortar_(historical)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charrzooka