Camera realigns behind me. FFS

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> Mounts aside, it cannot be denied that _in tight spaces_ the automatic camera realignment/zoom (which you cannot deactivate) often is subpar.

Free Camera? o_o

Unless we're talking about the camera moving to prevent clipping then - just enable first person camera if its getting in that close.

If the camera didn't move in response to the limits of the scenery/objects, it'd be either stuck behind the wall - where due to back-face culling you'd see vast chunks of the area not intended to be visible or, if this was for a weird reason not used, a wall. So really, the only other option is move it inside the character, bringing us to first-person.

> @"Scud.5067" said:

> If the camera didn't move in response to the limits of the scenery/objects, it'd be either stuck behind the wall - where due to back-face culling you'd see vast chunks of the area not intended to be visible or, if this was for a weird reason not used, a wall. So really, the only other option is move it inside the character, bringing us to first-person.

This is happening to me very often, especially the camera zooming into my head. Asked aNet about it and they just scratched their head...

So I am not the only one with bugged camera movement.

> @"Zedek.8932" said:

> > @"Scud.5067" said:

> > If the camera didn't move in response to the limits of the scenery/objects, it'd be either stuck behind the wall - where due to back-face culling you'd see vast chunks of the area not intended to be visible or, if this was for a weird reason not used, a wall. So really, the only other option is move it inside the character, bringing us to first-person.

>

> This is happening to me very often, especially the camera zooming into my head. Asked aNet about it and they just scratched their head...

> So I am not the only one with bugged camera movement.

If you're in an enclosed area, then I can see why they'd scratch their head - where else can the camera go? If not then, lordy!

It can zoom out literally everywhere else, or maybe turn into ego perspective (like in FF14). It could still go top-down view by itself.

But instead it zooms into my head. In no game that is not bugged or in beta state the camera does that. The last time it happened to me was in TOMB RAIDER: ANGEL OF DARKNESS, and that game was officially bugged and a mess. Apparently not much differently from the awkward GW2 camera coding...

As said before, the coders for aNet are like trainees. I wonder how this game even manages to run xD (Plot twist: It's build on AdobeAIR or something, explain the poor performance :D)

Excelsior.