Why do you vote against duoq in plat 2 as silver player?

Nash.3974

> @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > > > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > > > > I didn't get to platinum this season (just thief things), but I generally hate duos in my team because most of them are worse than two separate players.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > > > > > > To be more specific: it’s a fact that the majority of the plat 2+ players want duoq back. Then why do polls not always show this is a result?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And it's a fact exactly how?

> > > > >

> > > > > I agree, I dont want duos in my team. So it should be removed from 1600- MMR too

> > > >

> > > > And I don't want golds in my team. So all golds should be removed from the game.

> > > > See how this argument isn't holding up?

> > >

> > > I don't mind doing away with gold tier. The population is spread thin anyway.

> > > Let platinum immediately follow silver, it would change nothing except the name.

> >

> > You clearly missed the point

>

> So did you. Better luck next time you try to compare something that affects the gameplay to something that does not.

Removing Gold players from Matches of Plat+ players does affect gameplay....,

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > > > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > > > > I didn't get to platinum this season (just thief things), but I generally hate duos in my team because most of them are worse than two separate players.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > > > > > > To be more specific: it’s a fact that the majority of the plat 2+ players want duoq back. Then why do polls not always show this is a result?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And it's a fact exactly how?

> > > > >

> > > > > I agree, I dont want duos in my team. So it should be removed from 1600- MMR too

> > > >

> > > > And I don't want golds in my team. So all golds should be removed from the game.

> > > > See how this argument isn't holding up?

> > >

> > > I don't mind doing away with gold tier. The population is spread thin anyway.

> > > Let platinum immediately follow silver, it would change nothing except the name.

> >

> > You clearly missed the point

>

> So did you. Better luck next time you try to compare something that affects the gameplay to something that does not.

Yes, because completely REMOVING gold division from the game won't affect gameplay.

4head

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > > > > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > > > > > I didn't get to platinum this season (just thief things), but I generally hate duos in my team because most of them are worse than two separate players.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > > > > > > > To be more specific: it’s a fact that the majority of the plat 2+ players want duoq back. Then why do polls not always show this is a result?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And it's a fact exactly how?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I agree, I dont want duos in my team. So it should be removed from 1600- MMR too

> > > > >

> > > > > And I don't want golds in my team. So all golds should be removed from the game.

> > > > > See how this argument isn't holding up?

> > > >

> > > > I don't mind doing away with gold tier. The population is spread thin anyway.

> > > > Let platinum immediately follow silver, it would change nothing except the name.

> > >

> > > You clearly missed the point

> >

> > So did you. Better luck next time you try to compare something that affects the gameplay to something that does not.

>

> Yes, because completely REMOVING gold division from the game won't affect gameplay.

>

> 4head

Yes, you will have gold players distributed between silver and platinum, obviously. Just a name change.

Please come up with a better example.

RANKED PvP in this game has plenty of PvE rewards to be honest. I know I'm in it for the rewards like a lot of Plat 1 ~ 2 players. I think the only people actually PvPing in this game either don't touch ranked anymore or are the dozen people in plat 3 (of which I usually get a lot of hatemail/whispers from when they lose "because" of me, I know it's obviously never their fault). I wouldn't mind having duoQ up there to be honest. If anything matches may see a huge improvement and the pips might flow more frequently due to it being even closer to 50% win chance for myself (since I'll mostly be paired with a good duo and against another).

All in all I think Anet is giving sPvP a treatment it does not warrant. Their system would work greatly on a game that has very large population but this is simply not the case in here, when some of the top 250 players are clearly farming PvE-ers like myself. Their philosophy of attracting players to every aspect of the game (I play every mode really) is good but the dedicated ones should not get flak for it. Just let people queue however they want already, it's not like this is a competitive game at all, even the pros don't go so far defending GW2 as esports. Also just give full rewards to unranked or have a permanent leaderboard there with occasional rewards so people will only play ranked for the right reasons. Unranked is really fun to me because I can experiment on all kinds of whacky builds and no one is really getting hurt over it, but the pip rewards are too good to pass up. In short, I'm not sure people would remain against duoQ if it was suggested again because [not having] it basically erased the legendary tier from ranked play, which is annoying since there are dozens of players that obviously belong there (and as far away from queueing with me and other plat 1's as possible).

> @"BadMed.3846" said:

> Yet another pointless post. You can't exclude people from polls. Everyone who plays the game and paid for it should have equal say in determining the future direction of this game. It's not that hard to understand.

P O P U L I S M

I fail to see how "allowing duo que above 1600 rating" falls under the category of "the future direction of the game." It ONLY affects people above 1600 rating so people below that should NOT be able to vote as it does NOT affect them at all.

If the topic at hand concerned the entire population, then yes, it would be incorrect to exclude certain groups from the poll. However, this isn't the case so people need to stop dipping their fingers into things that are of no concern to them.

> @"Sampson.2403" said:

> Online games are all about collaboration and relationships. Forcing people to play alone will have a direct impact on a declining population and overall decrease interest in the game mode.

I feel like this was *the* problem from PvP from the start - there was no in-game voice chat included. Having a game that requires such collaboration and teamwork needs a much faster method of communication that does not hinder gameplay like text chat.

I think this is the biggest reason to the decline of PvP. You lose a lot of humanity in the process of taking away people's ability to talk, and many turn to emotions to express themselves instead, which is mostly salt.

Allowing voice communication gives solo queuers a more equal footing against dual queues.

> @"Sanity Obscure.6054" said:

> > @"Sampson.2403" said:

> > Online games are all about collaboration and relationships. Forcing people to play alone will have a direct impact on a declining population and overall decrease interest in the game mode.

>

> I feel like this was *the* problem from PvP from the start - there was no in-game voice chat included. Having a game that requires such collaboration and teamwork needs a much faster method of communication that does not hinder gameplay like text chat.

>

> I think this is the biggest reason to the decline of PvP. You lose a lot of humanity in the process of taking away people's ability to talk, and many turn to emotions to express themselves instead, which is mostly salt.

>

> Allowing voice communication gives solo queuers a more equal footing against dual queues.

Yeah i see your point, but there is also a potential bad side to allowing voice chat. You'll have the try hards screaming insanity at you and then you'll have people like me who play totally wasted on the weekends saying strange things.