Rifle Buff (PvE)

DanAlcedo.3281

Hi everyone!

For me, Rifle in PvE is more or less only a Fun Weapon.

If i play "serious", i will always take Longbow.

Even when i play a power build.

All i would want is a small dmg increase.

The Trait [Crack Shot] should give +10% dmg if you use a Rifle.

At this moment, Warrior sprint is always better because of the 7% dmg increase.

Thoughts?

that, for sure. Didn't thought about the trait but yes, definitely. +10% damage would be nice. Or any offensive bonus really.

And we need at least a +20% damage buff to fierce shot AND volley (or might on successful hit, just like for unload), plus the possibility to move while channeling kill shot, just like for gunflame.

Too much? Engineer do way more damage with the rifle. Do I even have to speak of deadeye?

Warrior should be able to fight at range. Rifle is the only ranged weapon he have based on power. It's not going to change raid and fractals meta in anyway so why can't we have some funs with firearms?

The problem with warrior rifle is to get to much long range damage and yet a lot of survivor, for this to be good, will be needed a new specialization or changing some traits in traits line of Arms or Discipline,focusing on trading survival for damage.

> @"Izyuss.6423" said:

> The problem with warrior rifle is to get to much long range damage and yet a lot of survivor, for this to be good, will be needed a new specialization or changing some traits in traits line of Arms or Discipline,focusing on trading survival for damage.

Its PvE Only. Who cares about survivability?

I dont want it to be Meta in Raids/Fractals.

I want to be able to use Rifle in Openworld content without doing super low dps.

All i want is a Small Buff in dmg output ;I

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > @"Izyuss.6423" said:

> > The problem with warrior rifle is to get to much long range damage and yet a lot of survivor, for this to be good, will be needed a new specialization or changing some traits in traits line of Arms or Discipline,focusing on trading survival for damage.

>

> Its PvE Only. Who cares about survivability?

> I dont want it to be Meta in Raids/Fractals.

> I want to be able to use Rifle in Openworld content without doing super low dps.

>

> All i want is a Small Buff in dmg output ;I

I totally agree man, i use rifle since i started playing the game, is one of the facts that make me play and is my working real life. But what i said is something to think about.

My thinking is that a small damage buff will not cause people to increase their adoption of Rifle as a 'serious' weapon if they already haven't. It's a pretty useless idea. If you care about your performance, that kind of a buff won't change your thinking about the Rifle usefulness.

Honestly, what I would want in a Rifle for Warrior is pretty much exactly what Engineer has got already. It is essentially a ranged melee weapon.

I mean, imagine their shotgun jump thingy. How awesome wouldn’t it be to leap into someone’s face, fire off some buckshot in their face and then switch to a melee weapon and carve them up?!

It is a perfect skirmisher weapon.

Sigh. If only. But a Warrior can dream, eh?

• 4 weeks later...

> @"Scalpels.2809" said:

> What do you think about today's patch?

That's a nice beginning. Unfortunately, it's still largely unsufficient

I've just made tests, and rifle damage is still soooo low (like 40% of axes and 50% of greatsword).

The main problem is (appart from a real weapon trait) is that the dreadful lack of synergies. It doesn't work at all wit spellbreaker because full counter and magebane tether are for close, and there is no cc. I didn't try with core warrior, but core warrior is behind SB anyaway.

To be reliable, it should be a powerful weapon that work well just alone. We are far from it. No reason to use it. It's a shame really.

I think I'm gonna give up on this one. (Except if we get a powerful ranged elite spec?)

Rifle worked as Gunflame before adrenaline level 3 -> 1 nerf. It was too easy to pull off though so people cried out the nerf as usual. Burst damage level 3 should have stayed as it was, only buffs from adrenaline level 3 should have been nerfed instead (adrenaline health, berserker's power, etc), but oh well.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> My thinking is that a small damage buff will not cause people to increase their adoption of Rifle as a 'serious' weapon if they already haven't. It's a pretty useless idea. If you care about your performance, that kind of a buff won't change your thinking about the Rifle usefulness.

Just waiting to see if this is true ... Rifle sure did get some nice DPS buffs this patch but if you aren't using it before, I see no reason you would use it now.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > My thinking is that a small damage buff will not cause people to increase their adoption of Rifle as a 'serious' weapon if they already haven't. It's a pretty useless idea. If you care about your performance, that kind of a buff won't change your thinking about the Rifle usefulness.

>

> Just waiting to see if this is true ... Rifle sure did get some nice DPS buffs this patch but if you aren't using it before, I see no reason you would use it now.

You're talking to yourself... But, yes I do agree with you the DPS buffs to rifle won't change anything, but I could say that about all the buffs we received in this patch I don't see them changing our game play one iota.

**Hammer Shock:** Already had hammer when running in WvW zergs.

**Signet of Might:** Because we don't already have tons of ways to give ourselves might, they just turned it into a mini signet of rage with an unblockable affect, but there are still much more useful options to have on our skill bar.

**Signet of Stamina:** I don't see the added endurance changing why I'd use this signet, in the long run (unless you're covered in condis) it's still better to not activate this.

**Signet of Fury:** Same with Stamina I don't think the extra 4 seconds of extra precision and ferocity are worth activating it.

**Dolyak Signet:** I don't even know what to say here healing for a flat 1k (no healing power bonus, but even if it had a healing power bonus, on a 40/32 second recharge), this change makes absolutely no sense. A flat 1k heal is 1-3 seconds of heal sig/adrenal health. They could have done something allot smarter than a flat 1k heal. I still don't see why to take it over balance stance with the amount of boon corrupt today.

That's true, but no one suggested buffing any of that other stuff to make it more appealing like this thread did for Rifle. The point is ... the answer isn't more damage. It's buffing the things that make the weapons unique. I think it's very dissatisfying to see Anet take the easy route with adding damage and ignoring the other things Rifle is about. But I guess they are just giving people what they ask for; if everyone just wants weapons that converge to the single factor of DPS output, then you might actually see that happen if Anet continues to do changes like this.

Well after doing some thinking on rifle, one of the things on rifle that to me makes it feel so slow and awkward is how slowly it seems to build adrenaline. If you're on rifle chances are there's a good reason you're on rifle so you probably won't be switching back to mele so you also end up doing allot of auto attacks. Which weapon swapping is one of the things that makes warrior combat feel fun, so if you're stuck in just a ranged fight not being able to swap weapons it gets boring (because who runs rifle/long bow). Another thing is that because so many of our utilities are either defensive in nature, meant for mele range, meant for group combat, or are on such long cool downs that you hardly press them and so you're stuck just hitting rifle skills...watching the adrenaline slowly go up.

You know after some thought these reasons might be why rifle is in such a bad place.

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> Well after doing some thinking on rifle, one of the things on rifle that to me makes it feel so slow and awkward is how slowly it seems to build adrenaline. If you're on rifle chances are there's a good reason you're on rifle so you probably won't be switching back to mele so you also end up doing allot of auto attacks. Which weapon swapping is one of the things that makes warrior combat feel fun, so if you're stuck in just a ranged fight not being able to swap weapons it gets boring (because who runs rifle/long bow). Another thing is that because so many of our utilities are either defensive in nature, meant for mele range, meant for group combat, or are on such long cool downs that you hardly press them and so you're stuck just hitting rifle skills...watching the adrenaline slowly go up.

>

> You know after some thought these reasons might be why rifle is in such a bad place.

That's good thinking IMO ... DPS buffs don't fix unfun weapons and the way rifle works doesn't really fit in with Warrior playstyles.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > Well after doing some thinking on rifle, one of the things on rifle that to me makes it feel so slow and awkward is how slowly it seems to build adrenaline. If you're on rifle chances are there's a good reason you're on rifle so you probably won't be switching back to mele so you also end up doing allot of auto attacks. Which weapon swapping is one of the things that makes warrior combat feel fun, so if you're stuck in just a ranged fight not being able to swap weapons it gets boring (because who runs rifle/long bow). Another thing is that because so many of our utilities are either defensive in nature, meant for mele range, meant for group combat, or are on such long cool downs that you hardly press them and so you're stuck just hitting rifle skills...watching the adrenaline slowly go up.

> >

> > You know after some thought these reasons might be why rifle is in such a bad place.

>

> That's good thinking IMO ... DPS buffs don't fix unfun weapons and the way rifle works doesn't really fit in with Warrior playstyles.

Well unless they do a massive re-work on warrior, which I don't see happening soon because so far they've gone Mesmer, Thief, Revenant (Light, Medium, Heavy). Which I doubt would also work because if they wanted to keep rifle max range pure DPS they'd need to change so many of our skills to still make it viable. Another option would be a rifle re-work, making it mid range shotgun feeling, but it's so small I don't see that happening either, and it would leave us without a 1,200 range power weapon. So we might be stuck waiting on next expansion to make warrior rifle viable. However as it sits IMO to be viable the next elite spec would have to be about range pressure on warrior, we'd probably get pistol/pistol mid range power damage. Which I don't think warrior community was wanting, but it is something we lack.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > Well after doing some thinking on rifle, one of the things on rifle that to me makes it feel so slow and awkward is how slowly it seems to build adrenaline. If you're on rifle chances are there's a good reason you're on rifle so you probably won't be switching back to mele so you also end up doing allot of auto attacks. Which weapon swapping is one of the things that makes warrior combat feel fun, so if you're stuck in just a ranged fight not being able to swap weapons it gets boring (because who runs rifle/long bow). Another thing is that because so many of our utilities are either defensive in nature, meant for mele range, meant for group combat, or are on such long cool downs that you hardly press them and so you're stuck just hitting rifle skills...watching the adrenaline slowly go up.

> >

> > You know after some thought these reasons might be why rifle is in such a bad place.

>

> That's good thinking IMO ... DPS buffs don't fix unfun weapons and the way rifle works doesn't really fit in with Warrior playstyles.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I wish Warrior had Engi Rifle. Jumping into melee range and all that goodness.

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > My thinking is that a small damage buff will not cause people to increase their adoption of Rifle as a 'serious' weapon if they already haven't. It's a pretty useless idea. If you care about your performance, that kind of a buff won't change your thinking about the Rifle usefulness.

> >

> > Just waiting to see if this is true ... Rifle sure did get some nice DPS buffs this patch but if you aren't using it before, I see no reason you would use it now.

>

> You're talking to yourself... But, yes I do agree with you the DPS buffs to rifle won't change anything, but I could say that about all the buffs we received in this patch I don't see them changing our game play one iota.

> **Hammer Shock:** Already had hammer when running in WvW zergs.

> **Signet of Might:** Because we don't already have tons of ways to give ourselves might, they just turned it into a mini signet of rage with an unblockable affect, but there are still much more useful options to have on our skill bar.

> **Signet of Stamina:** I don't see the added endurance changing why I'd use this signet, in the long run (unless you're covered in condis) it's still better to not activate this.

> **Signet of Fury:** Same with Stamina I don't think the extra 4 seconds of extra precision and ferocity are worth activating it.

> **Dolyak Signet:** I don't even know what to say here healing for a flat 1k (no healing power bonus, but even if it had a healing power bonus, on a 40/32 second recharge), this change makes absolutely no sense. A flat 1k heal is 1-3 seconds of heal sig/adrenal health. They could have done something allot smarter than a flat 1k heal. I still don't see why to take it over balance stance with the amount of boon corrupt today.

Just as an Info. The [Lesser Signet of Might] that you get from the Signet Trait also gives 6 stacks of might.

(Doesnt show it in the tooltipp.)

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > My thinking is that a small damage buff will not cause people to increase their adoption of Rifle as a 'serious' weapon if they already haven't. It's a pretty useless idea. If you care about your performance, that kind of a buff won't change your thinking about the Rifle usefulness.

> > >

> > > Just waiting to see if this is true ... Rifle sure did get some nice DPS buffs this patch but if you aren't using it before, I see no reason you would use it now.

> >

> > You're talking to yourself... But, yes I do agree with you the DPS buffs to rifle won't change anything, but I could say that about all the buffs we received in this patch I don't see them changing our game play one iota.

> > **Hammer Shock:** Already had hammer when running in WvW zergs.

> > **Signet of Might:** Because we don't already have tons of ways to give ourselves might, they just turned it into a mini signet of rage with an unblockable affect, but there are still much more useful options to have on our skill bar.

> > **Signet of Stamina:** I don't see the added endurance changing why I'd use this signet, in the long run (unless you're covered in condis) it's still better to not activate this.

> > **Signet of Fury:** Same with Stamina I don't think the extra 4 seconds of extra precision and ferocity are worth activating it.

> > **Dolyak Signet:** I don't even know what to say here healing for a flat 1k (no healing power bonus, but even if it had a healing power bonus, on a 40/32 second recharge), this change makes absolutely no sense. A flat 1k heal is 1-3 seconds of heal sig/adrenal health. They could have done something allot smarter than a flat 1k heal. I still don't see why to take it over balance stance with the amount of boon corrupt today.

>

> Just as an Info. The [Lesser Signet of Might] that you get from the Signet Trait also gives 6 stacks of might.

> (Doesnt show it in the tooltipp.)

However, for the most part condi builds tend to take wounding precision because it's better for condi builds, and taking the arms tree is typically a DPS loss for power warrior. If Anet would let dual wielding interact with quickness you might have something.

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > My thinking is that a small damage buff will not cause people to increase their adoption of Rifle as a 'serious' weapon if they already haven't. It's a pretty useless idea. If you care about your performance, that kind of a buff won't change your thinking about the Rifle usefulness.

> > > >

> > > > Just waiting to see if this is true ... Rifle sure did get some nice DPS buffs this patch but if you aren't using it before, I see no reason you would use it now.

> > >

> > > You're talking to yourself... But, yes I do agree with you the DPS buffs to rifle won't change anything, but I could say that about all the buffs we received in this patch I don't see them changing our game play one iota.

> > > **Hammer Shock:** Already had hammer when running in WvW zergs.

> > > **Signet of Might:** Because we don't already have tons of ways to give ourselves might, they just turned it into a mini signet of rage with an unblockable affect, but there are still much more useful options to have on our skill bar.

> > > **Signet of Stamina:** I don't see the added endurance changing why I'd use this signet, in the long run (unless you're covered in condis) it's still better to not activate this.

> > > **Signet of Fury:** Same with Stamina I don't think the extra 4 seconds of extra precision and ferocity are worth activating it.

> > > **Dolyak Signet:** I don't even know what to say here healing for a flat 1k (no healing power bonus, but even if it had a healing power bonus, on a 40/32 second recharge), this change makes absolutely no sense. A flat 1k heal is 1-3 seconds of heal sig/adrenal health. They could have done something allot smarter than a flat 1k heal. I still don't see why to take it over balance stance with the amount of boon corrupt today.

> >

> > Just as an Info. The [Lesser Signet of Might] that you get from the Signet Trait also gives 6 stacks of might.

> > (Doesnt show it in the tooltipp.)

>

> However, for the most part condi builds tend to take wounding precision because it's better for condi builds, and taking the arms tree is typically a DPS loss for power warrior. If Anet would let dual wielding interact with quickness you might have something.

Day X Month XY.

Arenanet Headquarters.

Dev A: Looks like they love the Herald Overhaul. How is the Scrapper Overhaul going?

Dev B: Good! Any ideas what to rework next?

Dev A: I thought maybe Berzerker. Its been 2 months since the last time someone used Decapitate. Also maybe we could fix some Core Stuff. Balancing Warrior gets way to hard.

Dev B: Sure. But that means we cant change Traits for the next Balance Patch.

Dev A: Mhhhh. Maybe i should take a look into the Forum. "Sees Buff rifle thread". Hee.. Why not....

Dev B: Only buffing rifle is a not enough for mayor Balance Patch i think.

Dev A: Mhhh what about signet? Nobody uses them in any kind of compeditive gamemode , so we dont have to think to much about balance here. Just make them stronger.

Dev B: Anything else?

Dev A: Buff Hammer 3. Dont look at me like that! Just do it ok?