First event ever so where can I get the good stuff

So my friends have said how events give opportunities to get items and treasures that can sell for hundreds of gold or other rare stuff. So far I played the crown's pavilion for a few hours and only got some standard loot and tokens/tickets. Where are the opportunities to get large amounts of gold? (I want to pay back a debt to a friend for borrowing 80gold to get my character set with rare/exotic gear)

I am not sure current event has items that can make you rich fast (or rich in general). And I am suprised you need 80 gold to equip yourself in full exotic gear. I got my alt in full exotic last week and only needed 3 gold for it tops (all bought items from TP).

To make gold: dailies, silverwastes farm (incl opening all chests there, look for something called Riba in lfg), gathering, salavage items and sell the materials,....

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> Ah the good old get rich quick schemes. Your in friends were very disingenuous in not filling you in.

>

> Don't worry, I can help. Just send me the standard 5 gold fee and I'll be happy to help.

During the last winter event one my friends did the jumping piuzzle and got an item worth 600 gold which he immedtiely sold

You can get expensive things from the zephyrite supply boxes, but the chances are astronomically low. Plus, since you need to spend a significant chunk of materials to buy them, it's not a great option for a new player who probably doesn't have a big stockpile of materials just lying around. You're much more likely to just turn increasingly valuable mats into increasingly worthless quartz.

> @"Lazytophat.4382" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > Ah the good old get rich quick schemes. Your in friends were very disingenuous in not filling you in.

> >

> > Don't worry, I can help. Just send me the standard 5 gold fee and I'll be happy to help.

>

> During the last winter event one my friends did the jumping piuzzle and got an item worth 600 gold which he immedtiely sold

Yes and the way how that works is:

Thousanda of people try to get that item, almost no one gets it, the price skyrockets on the trading post.

The same thing is here with the supply boxes. You can spend a ton of materials on them, but don't expect a return.

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > Ah the good old get rich quick schemes. Your in friends were very disingenuous in not filling you in.

> >

> > Don't worry, I can help. Just send me the standard 5 gold fee and I'll be happy to help.

>

> During the last winter event one my friends did the jumping piuzzle and got an item worth 600 gold which he immedtiely sold

Don't count on this outcome.

This is not the normal scenario for most players.

You have to play and save play and get coincidence, or play with your wallet if you want gold truly fast.

Ask yourself this. Is your time worth more or your money worth more to you?

You _can_ get items worth hundreds of gold in most GW2 festivals. But most of them are worth so much because they're very rare and almost no one will get them, so people who really want them will pay a lot for one. It's not remotely reliable, otherwise everyone who wants them would just get their own and no one would buy them.

The other possibility is to get something new on the very first day when people will pay over the odds because it's new and they're either hoping it will be worth even more later or because they want to be one of the first to have it. (That happened to me last Wintersday - I sold an Enchanted Snow Diamond Box for something like 60g, now they go for about 5g.)

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> You _can_ get items worth hundreds of gold in most GW2 festivals. But most of them are worth so much because they're very rare and almost no one will get them, so people who really want them will pay a lot for one. It's not remotely reliable, otherwise everyone who wants them would just get their own and no one would buy them.

>

> The other possibility is to get something new on the very first day when people will pay over the odds because it's new and they're either hoping it will be worth even more later or because they want to be one of the first to have it. (That happened to me last Wintersday - I sold an Enchanted Snow Diamond Box for something like 60g, now they go for about 5g.)

nice

> (I want to pay back a debt to a friend for borrowing 80gold to get my character set with rare/exotic gear)

Next time you use the TP to gear up, search for the stat combo you are looking for rather than the prefix.

1. Click the gear

2. Select the stats you want (for instance Power, Precision, Ferocity for Berserker's gear)

3. Select the level (80 to 80 for Lvl 80 gear)

4. Select the rarity (e.g., exotic)

5. Click on the category you want (for instance "Armor", or its subcatergory "Chest")

6. On the right, click "Price" to sort by ascending value.

Et voilà! You get the same gear for a small percentage of the price of, let's say, a "Berserker's Draconic Coat."