Ideas to fix a few Revenant issues.

BlaqueFyre.5678

Here are a few ideas to fix some of the issues of Revenant.

*Precision Strike and Unrelenting Assault:*

Make both single target adjust damage accordingly, there is no reason for these skills to have their damage spread across multiple enemies and/or environment objects.....

*Condition Management:*

Each Legend should have its own Condi clear there is no reason to have Condi clears locked behind specific Legends when you can’t utilize all Legends in combat.

*Improve Energy Mechanic:*

Unlike any other class they don’t have both their Weapons and Utilities using the same resource, this in turn makes it so that players are locked out of Utilities and Weapon skills, in some cases just for using 1 skill.

They should either rebalance the Energy costs on all skills, remove energy costs on Weapons and rebalance CDs, change the energy regeneration rate, or change how the Energy pool is utilized ie possibly make it not drain while OoC and only passively Regen while below 50% while OoC.

I know that there are many more issues with Revenant these are just a small portion that I care to bring up.

These are just some of my opinions any detailed critique is welcome.

I would adjust the renegade skills for single target too. They just kinda shoot wherever they want at this point.

For energy I think we should start at 100 or at least make it not instantly go back to 50 if ooc. I hate when you finally build it up run to another mob and loose it all because you were ooc for half a second. It's the worst.

They made several changes to energy management, and it was already fine. Keep in mind that there are some abilities that you won't use unless you have to. They are situational. Revenant is a different class from the rest, you have to be mindful of which skills use how much energy. If we take away that distinction, we're even closer to being a thief in heavy armor.

> @"ethanzephyr.7298" said:

> They made several changes to energy management, and it was already fine. Keep in mind that there are some abilities that you won't use unless you have to. They are situational. Revenant is a different class from the rest, you have to be mindful of which skills use how much energy. If we take away that distinction, we're even closer to being a thief in heavy armor.

Not really if they remove he energy cost on weapons and left them on utilities that is functionally different than Thief since they still have CDs etc, the Weapons aren’t tied to legends so thematically there is no reason to have weapon skills tied to the legends energy pool.

> @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> Not really if they remove he energy cost on weapons and left them on utilities that is functionally different than Thief since they still have CDs etc, the Weapons aren’t tied to legends so thematically there is no reason to have weapon skills tied to the legends energy pool.

I wouldn't say there isn't any reason to have energy costs on weapon skills. It makes it so they can restrict the class a little bit, and justify having some of the lowest cooldowns on weapon skills in the game, without also compensating by making them the weakest. And I didn't say we were a perfect facsimile to Thief, we're just getting closer and closer every time someone suggests changes like these.

> @"ethanzephyr.7298" said:

> > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > Not really if they remove he energy cost on weapons and left them on utilities that is functionally different than Thief since they still have CDs etc, the Weapons aren’t tied to legends so thematically there is no reason to have weapon skills tied to the legends energy pool.

>

> I wouldn't say there isn't any reason to have energy costs on weapon skills. It makes it so they can restrict the class a little bit, and justify having some of the lowest cooldowns on weapon skills in the game, without also compensating by making them the weakest. And I didn't say we were a perfect facsimile to Thief, we're just getting closer and closer every time someone suggests changes like these.

>

They can rebalance the CDs again something that Thief doesn’t have on its weapons (besides Stealth Attacks), it would be further from Thief since it would get rid of the low cd and the resource tied to the weapons like what Thief has on its weapons, its not like the skills can be spammed back to back.

I like that Precision Strike is multi-target because it lets you use it defensively to Chill multiple targets, while still allowing you the option of using it offensively from within your target's hitbox to obliterate them. Choices and multiple ways to use one skill > a skill only having one use, but being "easier to use that way."

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> I like that Precision Strike is multi-target because it lets you use it defensively to Chill multiple targets, while still allowing you the option of using it offensively from within your target's hitbox to obliterate them. Choices and multiple ways to use one skill > a skill only having one use, but being "easier to use that way."

My main problem with it is that it can be wasted on environmental objects in both WvW and some PvP maps, the same with UA.

> @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > I like that Precision Strike is multi-target because it lets you use it defensively to Chill multiple targets, while still allowing you the option of using it offensively from within your target's hitbox to obliterate them. Choices and multiple ways to use one skill > a skill only having one use, but being "easier to use that way."

>

> My main problem with it is that it can be wasted on environmental objects in both WvW and some PvP maps, the same with UA.

Well, I mean... The entire purpose of UA is damage mitigation, so it's not really wasted since you're still evading that entire time. If you're going for max damage, you'd never use UA anyways--unless you want to ride a teleport, which it will still do regardless of any ambient objects/other people around.

And with PS, if you position yourself properly, you won't waste any hits... If you don't pay attention and panic/blind cast skills, maybe you will waste them, but I'm okay with that too really.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > I like that Precision Strike is multi-target because it lets you use it defensively to Chill multiple targets, while still allowing you the option of using it offensively from within your target's hitbox to obliterate them. Choices and multiple ways to use one skill > a skill only having one use, but being "easier to use that way."

> >

> > My main problem with it is that it can be wasted on environmental objects in both WvW and some PvP maps, the same with UA.

>

> Well, I mean... The entire purpose of UA is damage mitigation, so it's not really wasted since you're still evading that entire time. If you're going for max damage, you'd never use UA anyways--unless you want to ride a teleport, which it will still do regardless of any ambient objects/other people around.

>

> And with PS, if you position yourself properly, you won't waste any hits... If you don't pay attention and panic/blind cast skills, maybe you will waste them, but I'm okay with that too really.

Attacks should never hit environmental things that cannot be damaged, ever or take priority over an enemy.

I'm fine with UA and PS being how they are, honestly. UA is mostly useful for Might stacking and evading. The damage is kinda secondary especially when you're using it against multiple targets, but the evade is also more useful when you're fighting multiple targets, so it works out. PS is the same way. The damage is more significant than the control factor vs one target, but the opposite becomes true vs multiple targets. Kinda how it should be.