Will they move Wintersday this year?

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> Again, my preference is not to worry about moving current festivals. I'd rather any energy available be used to enhance the ones we have (new activities or GH decorations etc) or entirely new festivals. Of those, Meatoberfest seems the most fitting to the existing game and would likely be huge amounts of fun.

:+1: I agree that we need more and could use one festival for each city by adding the suggested ones, not by moving any existing ones.

As for the Sylvari, they could celebrate Ventari, the Mother Tree, or the day the first firstborn awoke from their dream. There are several possibilities, but I wouldn't want any to take place in the Grove, to be honest, because I loathe that place (except for the hidden garden beyond the pond).

Humans are the majority of the player population, and in lore they are the ones most related to Wintersday, so Divinity's Reach still works better for it. Also, all the decorations are already done.

But sylvari, Charr and Norn could use their own festivals.

Norn would clearly have to be some sort of Moot. Like a Spring Break moot somewhere in March, it could also have elements of the Lucky Treats week and the Boss week. Making it a 1-week celebration about how people is exuberant rambunctious after surviving another winter, so everyone goes out to kill large things, and then goes back to the hearth to get drunk with Shamrock Ale to boast about it. The keg brawl would be available daily too.

For charr, it would have to be Meatoberfest, starting towards the end of September, probably opening The Bane to the public as a 'reverse' of the Gauntlet: Instead giving you one boss to beat and having to figure out a build to beat that boss, you'd be given the choice of one of several different fixed builds, and you'd have to figure out a way to beat different combat challenges with the selected build. It could have some elements of the "Special Treats Week" that happened around thanksgiving, by having enemies all over the world drop Apple Cider Enhancement drinks and Pumpkin Pie Nourishment foods.

Sylvari would probably do better with some sort of mid-spring festival. Probably around Mother's Day. Something like "Pale Tree's Reverie" with races around the Grove, gathering bouquets of flowers across Tyria to decorate the Grove, and dueling challenges between players in the sylvari dueling grounds that some NPCs mention, with skills and stats provided by the minigame so people can't use gimmicky dueling builds and have to duel each other with the same skills. The Belcher's Bluff NPCs could gather in The Grove one a year to attract more people to their minigame.