Blessing of the Four Winds - Zephyrite skins

Hi,

Forgive me if i'm wrong but the event is only going on for 21 days.

To get 1 Zephyrite skin you have to complete the achievement "For Winds Zephyr" 5 times (5days) and there are 5 Skins.

There are just not enough days to get all the skins, we will be 4 days short :/

Not complaining, just find it odd that the event could not go the extra 4 days for those seeking the rewards.

> @"Gudy.3607" said:

> The Festival of the Four Winds is meant to be an annual occurence from now on. Gotta have something to look forward to next year. :-)

If this is true then I'm much happier for it.

still tho 4 days XD i kinda got an OCD bugging me about it XD

This is fairly normal for festivals in this game. It will come back every year and if it's like the others your progress will carry over to next year, so if you finish with 4/5 completed you'll only need to do it once next year to get your first reward.

If they'd added another 4 days to the event it would end on a Saturday, meaning people from Anet would have to be working over the weekend to disable the festival and monitor and fix any problems that causes. That's why most MMOs, and a lot of other things, usually get new releases on Tuesdays - it gives them Monday to check everything, fresh from the weekend so they may spot those mistakes you don't see in your own work because you've looked at it so many times you're seeing what you know it should say instead of what's really there - and they've got the rest of the week to fix anything which goes wrong.

The achievement also gives a maximum of 100 achievement points, meaning you'd have to repeat it 5 times, which needs 50 days. It's designed to encourage you to keep playing the festival in successive years. And hopefully they'll gradually add new weapons too, like they did with the wrapped weapons for Wintersday.

Anet does not optimize festival length to be an exact multiple of meta daily requirements. Besides that, it's ambiguous as to how many days should count, since the festival changeover tends to occur during Pacific work hours while the dailies reset at midnight UTC. This creates a window of 8 hours or less that allows some people to squeeze in an extra daily that most people will probably miss.

> @"Leablo.2651" said:

> Anet does not optimize festival length to be an exact multiple of meta daily requirements. Besides that, it's ambiguous as to how many days should count, since the festival changeover tends to occur during Pacific work hours while the dailies reset at midnight UTC. This creates a window of 8 hours or less that allows some people to squeeze in an extra daily that most people will probably miss.

fair enough i suppose