Can we get some minion variation?

Dravyn.4671

It's been years now, how about some proper "necromancer" minions? Give us an option to choose a path or something that defines the look of your minions? I love playing minionmancer, but every time I come back to it and summon my merry band of meat blobs, I die a little inside.

> @"Dravyn.4671" said:

> Sure, skeletons, ghouls, zombies, demons, rainbow unicorns, undead leprechauns, whatever.

> Just tired of the butcher shop rejects we've been using for the last 6 years

If anet added custom skins to minions on the gem store I'd freak out! Custom care bear, unicorn and cupcake minions would be a massive drain on my wallet. They could also give more customization such as weird robotic mixed golem minions or charr themed minions or fungal plant minions. Of course I've wanted arena net to added custom particle effects on the gem store for ages and offer legendary weapons coming with unique particle effects of their own. How cool would it be if you were using frostfang and you had icy claws striking your foe or with astrolaria you had celestial claws. Or Maybe twilight's nightfall on greatsword suddenly has the same styling as the swings. Or meteorlogicus causing lightning hangs to grasp at your foes when using grasping dead. Excuse my rant.... it was a bit off topic.

> @"Dravyn.4671" said:

> Sure, skeletons, ghouls, zombies, demons, rainbow unicorns, undead leprechauns, whatever.

Unlikely to happen considering our Necromancers, being the good guys, wouldn't go summoning the deceased bodies of our fellow countrymen. That said I do wish we had the old gw1 bone horrors as our minions. They were so much cooler looking.

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > @"Dravyn.4671" said:

> > Sure, skeletons, ghouls, zombies, demons, rainbow unicorns, undead leprechauns, whatever.

> > Just tired of the butcher shop rejects we've been using for the last 6 years

>

> Unlikely to happen considering our Necromancers, being the good guys, wouldn't go summoning the deceased bodies of our fellow countrymen. That said I do wish we had the old gw1 bone horrors as our minions. They were so much cooler looking.

That's kinda what necromancers do.

Anyway, given the way they've changed the golem into an undead shark for water activities, it seems logical they could give us an option for different minion skins all the way around.

> @"Dravyn.4671" said:

> > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > > @"Dravyn.4671" said:

> > > Sure, skeletons, ghouls, zombies, demons, rainbow unicorns, undead leprechauns, whatever.

> > > Just tired of the butcher shop rejects we've been using for the last 6 years

> >

> > Unlikely to happen considering our Necromancers, being the good guys, wouldn't go summoning the deceased bodies of our fellow countrymen. That said I do wish we had the old gw1 bone horrors as our minions. They were so much cooler looking.

>

> That's kinda what necromancers do.

>

> Anyway, given the way they've changed the golem into an undead shark for water activities, it seems logical they could give us an option for different minion skins all the way around.

In typical fantasy yes. But in gw "good" necromancers have rarely ever summoned the remains of their own race, unless it is out of pure desperation. The evil ones have sure, but most of the time we summon or create parodies of various animals, like rats, devourers, shades etc.

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > @"Dravyn.4671" said:

> > > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > > > @"Dravyn.4671" said:

> > > > Sure, skeletons, ghouls, zombies, demons, rainbow unicorns, undead leprechauns, whatever.

> > > > Just tired of the butcher shop rejects we've been using for the last 6 years

> > >

> > > Unlikely to happen considering our Necromancers, being the good guys, wouldn't go summoning the deceased bodies of our fellow countrymen. That said I do wish we had the old gw1 bone horrors as our minions. They were so much cooler looking.

> >

> > That's kinda what necromancers do.

> >

> > Anyway, given the way they've changed the golem into an undead shark for water activities, it seems logical they could give us an option for different minion skins all the way around.

>

> In typical fantasy yes. But in gw "good" necromancers have rarely ever summoned the remains of their own race, unless it is out of pure desperation. The evil ones have sure, but most of the time we summon or create parodies of various animals, like rats, devourers, shades etc.

Yea I get that, but a GW2 necromancer isn't really a "necromancer" in the traditional sense...other than the occasional life leeching and the millisecond of fear you can sometimes inflict. But I don't even care about that, I just want some new minion models.

> @"Dravyn.4671" said:

> > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > > > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > > > > @"Dravyn.4671" said:

> > > > > Sure, skeletons, ghouls, zombies, demons, rainbow unicorns, undead leprechauns, whatever.

> > > > > Just tired of the butcher shop rejects we've been using for the last 6 years

> > > >

> > > > Unlikely to happen considering our Necromancers, being the good guys, wouldn't go summoning the deceased bodies of our fellow countrymen. That said I do wish we had the old gw1 bone horrors as our minions. They were so much cooler looking.

> > >

> > > That's kinda what necromancers do.

> > >

> > > Anyway, given the way they've changed the golem into an undead shark for water activities, it seems logical they could give us an option for different minion skins all the way around.

> >

> > In typical fantasy yes. But in gw "good" necromancers have rarely ever summoned the remains of their own race, unless it is out of pure desperation. The evil ones have sure, but most of the time we summon or create parodies of various animals, like rats, devourers, shades etc.

>

> Yea I get that, but a GW2 necromancer isn't really a "necromancer" in the traditional sense...other than the occasional life leeching and the millisecond of fear you can sometimes inflict. But I don't even care about that, I just want some new minion models.

I'm very much with you on the new models bit. But just not for the traditional human skeleton type minions. Something more like this:

![](https://i.imgur.com/CsKq21C.jpg "")

> @"Dravyn.4671" said:

Terrible idea quite frankly. That’s not how GW Necromancers work. They don’t raise the clichéd dead (like Zhaitan does with his Risen) but instead they infuse their own cobbled together creations with life á la Dr.Frankenstein - which is a slightly more unique way to go about it.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"Dravyn.4671" said:

> > Sure, skeletons, ghouls, zombies, demons, rainbow unicorns, undead leprechauns, whatever.

> > Just tired of the butcher shop rejects we've been using for the last 6 years

>

> Terrible idea quite frankly. That’s not how GW Necromancers work. They don’t raise the clichéd dead (like Zhaitan does with his Risen) but instead they infuse their own cobbled together creations with life á la Dr.Frankenstein - which is a slightly more unique way to go about it.

>

TBH, i'd rather they raised the cliched dead. These meat puppets are so generic and boring.

> @"Dravyn.4671" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > Sure, skeletons, ghouls, zombies, demons, rainbow unicorns, undead leprechauns, whatever.

> > > Just tired of the butcher shop rejects we've been using for the last 6 years

> >

> > Terrible idea quite frankly. That’s not how GW Necromancers work. They don’t raise the clichéd dead (like Zhaitan does with his Risen) but instead they infuse their own cobbled together creations with life á la Dr.Frankenstein - which is a slightly more unique way to go about it.

> >

>

> TBH, i'd rather they raised the cliched dead. These meat puppets are so generic and boring.

They are in no way generic. They’re quite unique. The one closest to being generic is the Flesh Golem because that’s a relatively common thing in stuff like DND.