Additional Cosmetic Mount Uses

Can we have the option to have the mount follow when not mounted. Even if it did nothing more than be a large version of minis with no skills. This way Fashion Wars Mount can be added fashion accessory and more customizable than a mini. Then segue into letting said noncombat mount come to WvW so people can yell at me to put my mount away since it can't take veils. Because everyone should see how pretty dyed the mount is even in combat. You know, just an idea.

To be honest, I already find the "mounts everywhere" situation annoying, as they are often blocking and cluttering your view (I'm guilty of that occasionally myself ;) ). Mounts as "huge minipets" that are still around whenever you do something else (fight, use the bank, whatever) would be a lot more anoying. I want to see that sand lion sneaking up over there, and don't want it to hide behind the next person's pet raptor until it's right on top of me.

On the other hand, I'd love a stable box (or six) in my home instances. Place the mounts the account has unlocked at suitable places in your home instance (e.g. a griffon on the top platform of the grove home instance), dress it up in the skin and dyes chosen by the character that has opened the instance, and I could show off my mounts and their outfits to my friends without having to mount/remount in the middle of the city (and possibly annoy a lot of other people who have business in the city at that time). I'm sure ANet could come up with suitable places for our mounts in all of the home instances, and would add a bit of personality to them at the same time :) .

Your idea has a single flaw. Why just display one mount when all your mounts add to fashion wars. Why not make it so that wherever you go or stand, 6 mounts and 3 minis folow you around? as soon as ANet introduces henchmen, they will follow as well or can ride the mount. Let's add as much screen clutter per player as possible until every pixel of the screen is filled by some polygon and that we can finally see the beauty that is GW2 fashion wars....also mounts should be able to hold infusions, effects scaled up to the size of the mount or even bigger I guess would be a sensitive choice.