[Suggestion] Have Females Ride Side-Saddle

Lancaeron.1524

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you want to trigger people, because this is how you trigger people...

on a side note, females ride sidesaddle when using the broom toy... I don't see anyone complaining. People jsut love to get triggered.

I'm in favor of side saddle, as my patriarchy-glorifying scantly clad female ele gets too many clipping issues with her skirt.

god look at that, this is 2017... what sexist kitten is this...

http://i68.tinypic.com/9760pt.jpg

> @"Knuckle Joe.7408" said:

> do you want to trigger people, because this is how you trigger people...

>

> on a side note, females ride sidesaddle when using the broom toy... I don't see anyone complaining. People jsut love to get kitten.

>

> I'm in favor of side saddle, as my patriarchy-glorifying scantly clad female ele gets too many clipping issues with her skirt.

>

> god look at that, this is 2017... what sexist kitten is this...

> http://i68.tinypic.com/9760pt.jpg

Male characters in trench coats or robes have clipping issues too. Guess you don't have any issues if all characters ride side saddle on all mount items as well. You know, since some things clip.

No. I mean if you do so, you might as well stick Asura into a barrel as there is no way their legs have the length necessary to grip properly in saddle.

Also... Char and side saddle. Female char afterall, if you are going to play the sexist card, you might as well play it right and say only for female humans.

You want to tell a female norn to act like a prissy "lady"? I'll sell tickets.

As a real life equestrian, no. I know there are those who still do side saddle but given my experiences, riding with a leg on each side of the mount is a lot nicer for both rider and mount. Why? Because it helps distribute your weight better and when that happens the mount is able to keep his/her balance better.

If this were introduced as an option and not a real change that would be fine for those who want it then.

> on a side note, females ride sidesaddle when using the broom toy... I don't see anyone complaining. People jsut love to get kitten.

I don't particularly like that, either, but at least the riding broom is rarely in use, as opposed to mounts, no?

> @fungihoujo.8476 said:

> Considering how pissed off it'll make some people, I'm all for it. It's kinda like dying your armour pink- just knowing it bugs people makes it worth it.

That is a pretty sad and childish attitude.

> @Auralae.7482 said:

> > @"Knuckle Joe.7408" said:

> > do you want to trigger people, because this is how you trigger people...

> >

> > on a side note, females ride sidesaddle when using the broom toy... I don't see anyone complaining. People jsut love to get kitten.

> >

> > I'm in favor of side saddle, as my patriarchy-glorifying scantly clad female ele gets too many clipping issues with her skirt.

> >

> > god look at that, this is 2017... what sexist kitten is this...

> > http://i68.tinypic.com/9760pt.jpg

>

> Male characters in trench coats or robes have clipping issues too. Guess you don't have any issues if all characters ride side saddle on all mount items as well. You know, since some things clip.

To be honest not at all. I could care less if males ride side saddle too.

> > @Auralae.7482 said:

> > > @"Knuckle Joe.7408" said:

> > > do you want to trigger people, because this is how you trigger people...

> > >

> > > on a side note, females ride sidesaddle when using the broom toy... I don't see anyone complaining. People jsut love to get kitten.

> > >

> > > I'm in favor of side saddle, as my patriarchy-glorifying scantly clad female ele gets too many clipping issues with her skirt.

> > >

> > > god look at that, this is 2017... what sexist kitten is this...

> > > http://i68.tinypic.com/9760pt.jpg

> >

> > Male characters in trench coats or robes have clipping issues too. Guess you don't have any issues if all characters ride side saddle on all mount items as well. You know, since some things clip.

>

> To be honest not at all. I could care less if males ride side saddle too.

Well then, there's a vote for all characters riding side saddle.

> @Lancaeron.1524 said:

> Yes, but with Female characters, especially the ones who wear skirts, look weird riding like men, because of all the clipping issues.

Hold up.

You want realism via riding saddle( for non westerners "saddle" is when women had to ride sitting perpendicular to the saddle and hang both legs off the side of the horse so as to not spread their legs)

But then you complain about clipping?

Real realism would be to wear trousers to ride efficiently amd safely. Your punishment for sewing a dress is clipping.

:)

> do you want to trigger people, because this is how you trigger people...

>

> on a side note, females ride sidesaddle when using the broom toy... I don't see anyone complaining. People jsut love to get triggered.

>

> I'm in favor of side saddle, as my patriarchy-glorifying scantly clad female ele gets too many clipping issues with her skirt.

>

> god look at that, this is 2017... what sexist kitten is this...

> http://i68.tinypic.com/9760pt.jpg

And just to clarify...

It would be appropriate for any gender to ride a broom side saddle. Straddling a broom with full weight on it in the air would quickly become painful and be fairly unstable. (Beyond that, people don't complain because the broom is a gem store item that is not necessary to access game content).

I don't know how much horseback riding you've done, but there's a good reason for straddling a broad-backed riding animal, particularly if the animal is going at a full gallop or has an unusual gait. I was on my first horse at age 3 months. I was solo riding not too long after I was walking. Side saddle riding is horrible. And yes, it absolutely is sexist because the only reason for it was from gender-based social conventions for modesty, which clearly aren't present in Guild Wars 2. Without such gender-based conventions for modesty, nobody would ever choose to ride side saddle. If the sole issue is clipping, then a side saddle animation would not needed for characters, male or female, who wear pants.

In other words, if optional by character and for both male and female characters in order to avoid clipping issues, then that's one thing. If it's for some sort of mandatory throwback to unsafe riding practices based on archaic social perceptions of gender that uses clipping as an excuse, regardless of what the character is wearing, then of course people are going to be opposed. I suppose it's your choice to try and make it into some sort "sjw drama," however it doesn't really get to the reason why a lot of people would not want to see it introduced into GW2.

lmao. The forums filter the abbreviation for social justice warrior.