Guild Wars 1 Download

I know this is meant to be a GW2 tech support forum, but, as I can't find official support for GW1 anymore, and there's no official forum anywhere, I hope this is apropriate.

I'm a GW and GW2 player and haven't played GW1 for a LOOOOOOONG time now. Today I got the feeling on playing it, downloaded the base installer, logged in, found my old characters and then... remembered it would download each area on loading if I didn't do a full download. In-game download speed were awlfull, so I went for the -image download starter... I can't get anything better than 300kbps, but the download averages arround 80-100 kbps. I know for sure it's not my internet, as I was able to download a patch on GW2 on arround 4mbps. Since GW1 is an old game, client must be capping it or the GW1 download servers might be really capped. So my question is... is there anyway to download the GW1 dat file anywhere else (I tried a guild wars legacy forum link, but it was worst), or even a way for anet to get us the most recent gw1 dat file as direct download? As of now, if this download speed persists, I'll only be able to really play GW1 in, like... 4 or more days (as downloading 4gb on 100kbps would take at least 2 full days and I don't want to hold my pc turned on all this time).

Thanks in advance.

I've been trying to get support for the original Guild Wars game for a week now via email and still haven't heard anything from a technician at all. I am starting to wonder as to what's going on. I understand that tickets need to be done in an order. But at least send something t acknowledge that the ticket has been received, I haven't even got that.

> @"Yappy.3072" said:

> I've been trying to get support for the original Guild Wars game for a week now via email and still haven't heard anything from a technician at all. I am starting to wonder as to what's going on. I understand that tickets need to be done in an order. But at least send something t acknowledge that the ticket has been received, I haven't even got that.

If you've not received the near-immediate automated response, check your spam/junk folders. Did you use the web-form accessed via the 'Support' link above/below? If not, make sure to use that form.

Good luck.