Zerker Soulbeast meta not an issue for anyone in wvw?

Xtinct.7031

> @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > @"Ansau.7326" said:

> > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > You have like 17000 hp. Zerker gear will get you hit like a mac truck. Lol. Zerker gear is not meant to tank. Add some toughness and I bet that shot goes down to 6-7 K at most.

> >

> > Only I have 300 toughness and 2k health more than naked mesmer. Running full zerker that hit would have been 11200.

> >

> > Not that it isn't much of an issue for me (apart from getting rekt with that AA I could never be aware of). I'm already well packed with reflections to deal with all the cancer pew-pew infesting WvW.

> > But anyway, nothing can justify such overtuned damage coming from an AA without CD that can hit from well over the range any other skill has...

>

> You have got to be kidding me. There is no way you are running 3000 toughness on a Mesmer. You'd have to be using Soldier's gear, which means you are new to WvW, and I'm going to assume you are not new to WvW. Not to mention with Soldier's gear you'd have well over 20k hp, more like around 24k. If you are running that then you would not have been hit for almost 10k damage, maybe 7k at most. Maybe you are running Minstrel, but from the looks of your toolbar I'd say you were a Roamer in which case you'd be running Zerker or Marauder at best because you want to burst damage as quickly as possible. Please stop. I run Soulbeast in WvW, I've seen the kind of damage it can do. I have never seen anybody get hit for 10k damage that wasn't running full Zerker gear and had all of their skills on CD to mitigate damage. You are just mad because Mesmer finally has some competition in Roaming besides Thief. It's okay. Trust me. Competition is good.

Since when I said I was running 3000 toughness? I think you need to step down from the Soulbeast fanboyerism because it is blnding your judgement and affecting your reading and comprehensive abilities.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ansau.7326" said:

> > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > @"Ansau.7326" said:

> > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > You have like 17000 hp. Zerker gear will get you hit like a mac truck. Lol. Zerker gear is not meant to tank. Add some toughness and I bet that shot goes down to 6-7 K at most.

> > >

> > > Only I have 300 toughness and 2k health more than naked mesmer. Running full zerker that hit would have been 11200.

> > >

> > > Not that it isn't much of an issue for me (apart from getting rekt with that AA I could never be aware of). I'm already well packed with reflections to deal with all the cancer pew-pew infesting WvW.

> > > But anyway, nothing can justify such overtuned damage coming from an AA without CD that can hit from well over the range any other skill has...

> >

> > You have got to be kidding me. There is no way you are running 3000 toughness on a Mesmer. You'd have to be using Soldier's gear, which means you are new to WvW, and I'm going to assume you are not new to WvW. Not to mention with Soldier's gear you'd have well over 20k hp, more like around 24k. If you are running that then you would not have been hit for almost 10k damage, maybe 7k at most. Maybe you are running Minstrel, but from the looks of your toolbar I'd say you were a Roamer in which case you'd be running Zerker or Marauder at best because you want to burst damage as quickly as possible. Please stop. I run Soulbeast in WvW, I've seen the kind of damage it can do. I have never seen anybody get hit for 10k damage that wasn't running full Zerker gear and had all of their skills on CD to mitigate damage. You are just mad because Mesmer finally has some competition in Roaming besides Thief. It's okay. Trust me. Competition is good.

>

> Since when I said I was running 3000 toughness? I think you need to step down from the Soulbeast fanboyerism because it is blnding your judgement and affecting your reading and comprehensive abilities.

You said you had 300 toughness, which I assumed was a mistype for 3000. If you are running 300 toughness then ya, you got hit for 10k damage. Again, Zerker not Tank. You will take damage and lots of it.

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > You have like 17000 hp. Zerker gear will get you hit like a mac truck. Lol. Zerker gear is not meant to tank. Add some toughness and I bet that shot goes down to 6-7 K at most.

> > >

> > > Only I have 300 toughness and 2k health more than naked mesmer. Running full zerker that hit would have been 11200.

> > >

> > > Not that it isn't much of an issue for me (apart from getting rekt with that AA I could never be aware of). I'm already well packed with reflections to deal with all the cancer pew-pew infesting WvW.

> > > But anyway, nothing can justify such overtuned damage coming from an AA without CD that can hit from well over the range any other skill has...

> >

> > You have got to be kidding me. There is no way you are running 3000 toughness on a Mesmer. You'd have to be using Soldier's gear, which means you are new to WvW, and I'm going to assume you are not new to WvW. Not to mention with Soldier's gear you'd have well over 20k hp, more like around 24k. If you are running that then you would not have been hit for almost 10k damage, maybe 7k at most. Maybe you are running Minstrel, but from the looks of your toolbar I'd say you were a Roamer in which case you'd be running Zerker or Marauder at best because you want to burst damage as quickly as possible. Please stop. I run Soulbeast in WvW, I've seen the kind of damage it can do. I have never seen anybody get hit for 10k damage that wasn't running full Zerker gear and had all of their skills on CD to mitigate damage. You are just mad because Mesmer finally has some competition in Roaming besides Thief. It's okay. Trust me. Competition is good.

>

> Most soulbeasts (as a mirage main) don't bother me. They are good duelists and typically I enjoy fighting them. Only thing I would suggest is Worldly impact still needs to have a little damage balance.

I can agree with that. I honestly believe that Ranger is probably the most balanced class GW2 has at the moment. It still has some issues, but not nearly as much as some of the other classes when it comes to OP'ness.

> > @"Ansau.7326" said:

> > > > @"Ansau.7326" said:

> > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > You have like 17000 hp. Zerker gear will get you hit like a mac truck. Lol. Zerker gear is not meant to tank. Add some toughness and I bet that shot goes down to 6-7 K at most.

> > > >

> > > > Only I have 300 toughness and 2k health more than naked mesmer. Running full zerker that hit would have been 11200.

> > > >

> > > > Not that it isn't much of an issue for me (apart from getting rekt with that AA I could never be aware of). I'm already well packed with reflections to deal with all the cancer pew-pew infesting WvW.

> > > > But anyway, nothing can justify such overtuned damage coming from an AA without CD that can hit from well over the range any other skill has...

> > >

> > > You have got to be kidding me. There is no way you are running 3000 toughness on a Mesmer. You'd have to be using Soldier's gear, which means you are new to WvW, and I'm going to assume you are not new to WvW. Not to mention with Soldier's gear you'd have well over 20k hp, more like around 24k. If you are running that then you would not have been hit for almost 10k damage, maybe 7k at most. Maybe you are running Minstrel, but from the looks of your toolbar I'd say you were a Roamer in which case you'd be running Zerker or Marauder at best because you want to burst damage as quickly as possible. Please stop. I run Soulbeast in WvW, I've seen the kind of damage it can do. I have never seen anybody get hit for 10k damage that wasn't running full Zerker gear and had all of their skills on CD to mitigate damage. You are just mad because Mesmer finally has some competition in Roaming besides Thief. It's okay. Trust me. Competition is good.

> >

> > Since when I said I was running 3000 toughness? I think you need to step down from the Soulbeast fanboyerism because it is blnding your judgement and affecting your reading and comprehensive abilities.

>

> You said you had 300 toughness, which I assumed was a mistype for 3000. If you are running 300 toughness then ya, you got hit for 10k damage. Again, Zerker not Tank. You will take damage and lots of it.

Again, that kind of damage coming from burtsy skills with high CD is not a problem. The problem is when it is coming from an AA with no CD that has a range quite higher that any other skill available to me.

And btw, making some numbers, even running full tanky that hit would still be over 6k. Now please stop crying about rangers here, rangers there, mirages or thieves, and please talk about how an autoattack that can hit over 6k from +1500 range against a full tanky profession is fine for the healthiness of this game.

> @"Ansau.7326" said:

> > > > > @"Ansau.7326" said:

> > > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > > You have like 17000 hp. Zerker gear will get you hit like a mac truck. Lol. Zerker gear is not meant to tank. Add some toughness and I bet that shot goes down to 6-7 K at most.

> > > > >

> > > > > Only I have 300 toughness and 2k health more than naked mesmer. Running full zerker that hit would have been 11200.

> > > > >

> > > > > Not that it isn't much of an issue for me (apart from getting rekt with that AA I could never be aware of). I'm already well packed with reflections to deal with all the cancer pew-pew infesting WvW.

> > > > > But anyway, nothing can justify such overtuned damage coming from an AA without CD that can hit from well over the range any other skill has...

> > > >

> > > > You have got to be kidding me. There is no way you are running 3000 toughness on a Mesmer. You'd have to be using Soldier's gear, which means you are new to WvW, and I'm going to assume you are not new to WvW. Not to mention with Soldier's gear you'd have well over 20k hp, more like around 24k. If you are running that then you would not have been hit for almost 10k damage, maybe 7k at most. Maybe you are running Minstrel, but from the looks of your toolbar I'd say you were a Roamer in which case you'd be running Zerker or Marauder at best because you want to burst damage as quickly as possible. Please stop. I run Soulbeast in WvW, I've seen the kind of damage it can do. I have never seen anybody get hit for 10k damage that wasn't running full Zerker gear and had all of their skills on CD to mitigate damage. You are just mad because Mesmer finally has some competition in Roaming besides Thief. It's okay. Trust me. Competition is good.

> > >

> > > Since when I said I was running 3000 toughness? I think you need to step down from the Soulbeast fanboyerism because it is blnding your judgement and affecting your reading and comprehensive abilities.

> >

> > You said you had 300 toughness, which I assumed was a mistype for 3000. If you are running 300 toughness then ya, you got hit for 10k damage. Again, Zerker not Tank. You will take damage and lots of it.

>

> Again, that kind of damage coming from burtsy skills with high CD is not a problem. The problem is when it is coming from an AA with no CD that has a range quite higher that any other skill available to me.

>

> And btw, making some numbers, even running full tanky that hit would still be over 6k. Now please stop crying about rangers here, rangers there, mirages or thieves, and please talk about how an autoattack that can hit over 6k from +1500 range against a full tanky profession is fine for the healthiness of this game.

Each class has it's own Niche. Thieves burst backstab damage for instakill, how is that Healthy? Mesmers instaclone and shatter burst kill, how is that Healthy? Necros have mobile AoE plus insane AoE damage, how is that Healthy? Spellbreakers have insane amount of Invuln, how is that Healthy? Each class has it's own thing it does better or different from another class. Rangers have been for the most part SCREWED over by the devs. Druids used to have a place in a Zerg, now no more. Soulbeasts could share their stances, but Guardians are better. Where does a Ranger fit in in WvW? Tell me. NO WHERE. NOBODY WANTS THEM. So we who play them are left to be ridiculed, kicked, and told to go play a different game. All we can do is Roam around with a Ranger, and even then we were poor at doing that. NOW we finally have a Ranger build that is good at Roaming and can put up a decent fight in 1v1 and YOU WANT TO KICK US BACK DOWN!!! Stop it!! Let us have SOMETHING we can do in WvW.

> > @"Ansau.7326" said:

> > > > @"Ansau.7326" said:

> > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > > @"Ansau.7326" said:

> > > > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > > > You have like 17000 hp. Zerker gear will get you hit like a mac truck. Lol. Zerker gear is not meant to tank. Add some toughness and I bet that shot goes down to 6-7 K at most.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Only I have 300 toughness and 2k health more than naked mesmer. Running full zerker that hit would have been 11200.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Not that it isn't much of an issue for me (apart from getting rekt with that AA I could never be aware of). I'm already well packed with reflections to deal with all the cancer pew-pew infesting WvW.

> > > > > > But anyway, nothing can justify such overtuned damage coming from an AA without CD that can hit from well over the range any other skill has...

> > > > >

> > > > > You have got to be kidding me. There is no way you are running 3000 toughness on a Mesmer. You'd have to be using Soldier's gear, which means you are new to WvW, and I'm going to assume you are not new to WvW. Not to mention with Soldier's gear you'd have well over 20k hp, more like around 24k. If you are running that then you would not have been hit for almost 10k damage, maybe 7k at most. Maybe you are running Minstrel, but from the looks of your toolbar I'd say you were a Roamer in which case you'd be running Zerker or Marauder at best because you want to burst damage as quickly as possible. Please stop. I run Soulbeast in WvW, I've seen the kind of damage it can do. I have never seen anybody get hit for 10k damage that wasn't running full Zerker gear and had all of their skills on CD to mitigate damage. You are just mad because Mesmer finally has some competition in Roaming besides Thief. It's okay. Trust me. Competition is good.

> > > >

> > > > Since when I said I was running 3000 toughness? I think you need to step down from the Soulbeast fanboyerism because it is blnding your judgement and affecting your reading and comprehensive abilities.

> > >

> > > You said you had 300 toughness, which I assumed was a mistype for 3000. If you are running 300 toughness then ya, you got hit for 10k damage. Again, Zerker not Tank. You will take damage and lots of it.

> >

> > Again, that kind of damage coming from burtsy skills with high CD is not a problem. The problem is when it is coming from an AA with no CD that has a range quite higher that any other skill available to me.

> >

> > And btw, making some numbers, even running full tanky that hit would still be over 6k. Now please stop crying about rangers here, rangers there, mirages or thieves, and please talk about how an autoattack that can hit over 6k from +1500 range against a full tanky profession is fine for the healthiness of this game.

>

> Each class has it's own Niche. Thieves burst backstab damage for instakill, how is that Healthy? Mesmers instaclone and shatter burst kill, how is that Healthy? Necros have mobile AoE plus insane AoE damage, how is that Healthy? Spellbreakers have insane amount of Invuln, how is that Healthy? Each class has it's own thing it does better or different from another class. Rangers have been for the most part SCREWED over by the devs. Druids used to have a place in a Zerg, now no more. Soulbeasts could share their stances, but Guardians are better. Where does a Ranger fit in in WvW? Tell me. NO WHERE. NOBODY WANTS THEM. So we who play them are left to be ridiculed, kicked, and told to go play a different game. All we can do is Roam around with a Ranger, and even then we were poor at doing that. NOW we finally have a Ranger build that is good at Roaming and can put up a decent fight in 1v1 and YOU WANT TO KICK US BACK DOWN!!! Stop it!! Let us have SOMETHING we can do in WvW.

Ok, so your mentality is about supporting a broken mechanic because rangers are underperforming at zerguing (druid has always been very strong at roaming) or other professions have overtuned mechanics.

It is clear you're not up to a decent discussion with solid arguments. Have a nice day.

> @"Ansau.7326" said:

> > > > > @"Ansau.7326" said:

> > > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ansau.7326" said:

> > > > > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > > > > You have like 17000 hp. Zerker gear will get you hit like a mac truck. Lol. Zerker gear is not meant to tank. Add some toughness and I bet that shot goes down to 6-7 K at most.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Only I have 300 toughness and 2k health more than naked mesmer. Running full zerker that hit would have been 11200.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Not that it isn't much of an issue for me (apart from getting rekt with that AA I could never be aware of). I'm already well packed with reflections to deal with all the cancer pew-pew infesting WvW.

> > > > > > > But anyway, nothing can justify such overtuned damage coming from an AA without CD that can hit from well over the range any other skill has...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You have got to be kidding me. There is no way you are running 3000 toughness on a Mesmer. You'd have to be using Soldier's gear, which means you are new to WvW, and I'm going to assume you are not new to WvW. Not to mention with Soldier's gear you'd have well over 20k hp, more like around 24k. If you are running that then you would not have been hit for almost 10k damage, maybe 7k at most. Maybe you are running Minstrel, but from the looks of your toolbar I'd say you were a Roamer in which case you'd be running Zerker or Marauder at best because you want to burst damage as quickly as possible. Please stop. I run Soulbeast in WvW, I've seen the kind of damage it can do. I have never seen anybody get hit for 10k damage that wasn't running full Zerker gear and had all of their skills on CD to mitigate damage. You are just mad because Mesmer finally has some competition in Roaming besides Thief. It's okay. Trust me. Competition is good.

> > > > >

> > > > > Since when I said I was running 3000 toughness? I think you need to step down from the Soulbeast fanboyerism because it is blnding your judgement and affecting your reading and comprehensive abilities.

> > > >

> > > > You said you had 300 toughness, which I assumed was a mistype for 3000. If you are running 300 toughness then ya, you got hit for 10k damage. Again, Zerker not Tank. You will take damage and lots of it.

> > >

> > > Again, that kind of damage coming from burtsy skills with high CD is not a problem. The problem is when it is coming from an AA with no CD that has a range quite higher that any other skill available to me.

> > >

> > > And btw, making some numbers, even running full tanky that hit would still be over 6k. Now please stop crying about rangers here, rangers there, mirages or thieves, and please talk about how an autoattack that can hit over 6k from +1500 range against a full tanky profession is fine for the healthiness of this game.

> >

> > Each class has it's own Niche. Thieves burst backstab damage for instakill, how is that Healthy? Mesmers instaclone and shatter burst kill, how is that Healthy? Necros have mobile AoE plus insane AoE damage, how is that Healthy? Spellbreakers have insane amount of Invuln, how is that Healthy? Each class has it's own thing it does better or different from another class. Rangers have been for the most part SCREWED over by the devs. Druids used to have a place in a Zerg, now no more. Soulbeasts could share their stances, but Guardians are better. Where does a Ranger fit in in WvW? Tell me. NO WHERE. NOBODY WANTS THEM. So we who play them are left to be ridiculed, kicked, and told to go play a different game. All we can do is Roam around with a Ranger, and even then we were poor at doing that. NOW we finally have a Ranger build that is good at Roaming and can put up a decent fight in 1v1 and YOU WANT TO KICK US BACK DOWN!!! Stop it!! Let us have SOMETHING we can do in WvW.

>

> Ok, so your mentality is about supporting a broken mechanic because rangers are underperforming at zerguing (druid has always been very strong at roaming) or other professions have overtuned mechanics.

> It is clear you're not up to a decent discussion with solid arguments. Have a nice day.

Every class has some kind of broken mechanic, according to anybody that has had difficulties in playing against it. So whatever man. You just want to kill something because it hurt you when you least expected it. It's the only thing a Ranger has that it does, Ranged damage. Take that away and Ranger has nothing. GG. Way to kill a class.

> @"bigo.9037" said:

> > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > > > > > > The real problem with soulbeasts is actually how they can achieve decent single target dmg while having really high sustain because of boons like regen and protection.

> > > > > > > > > but that probably wont be adressed for a while cus everyone is still using the zerk 1shot, one trick pony builds :)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The problem with soulbeast is low risk high reward and noob friendly usage.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You don't get punished at all for running full glass, in the same why of full glass ele for example.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Soulbeast right now is basically a warrior with 1500 range (yeah 1800+ many times), with stealth, evades, block, high mobility, high regen and sustain due to boonspam (perma regen and perma prot mainly), nasty soft and hard CC skills, crazy high damage and incredibility easy to pull off from safe range.

> > > > > > > > People say, don't make a range kite you and go melee!

> > > > > > > > If we talk about melee their damage is probably higher than ranged one and they can still pressure you at melee combat.

> > > > > > > > Or if they run sword/dagger they can evade a lot.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It's just the new cheesy spec of roaming that even noobs can abuse.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > ranger is only noobfriendly in terms of range. to pull anything else meaningful off like the survivability you need coordinate your skills a lot more. I have mained ranger since I started. every time I see a 1 hit ranger or a ranger tries to kill me with his duel build I destroy them. they play really bad and get rekt by most other specs when I see them cus they suck.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > but you ARE correct that GOOD rangers are OP because they can utilize everything the class has to offer. if you pull off the rotations correctly and your opponent makes mistakes it's extremely effective at punishing them for those mistakes.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" I think you've been rather unlucky with the soulbeasts you're facing tbh. most of the ones I see are complete trash who not good for anything but 1upping a fight that was already started.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > edit fixing typos cus I'm writing this on my phone

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I killed plenty of soulbeasts, but what I hate the most is the noob friendly and low risk aspect of the profession.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It is true a good soulbeast can utilise the class at his max and punish you for your mistakes a lot, but this is true with any profession you play, if you are on your main.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But in many cases the profession does 90% of the job for you.

> > > > > > Druid for example is the top number 1 profession on what I am referring too.

> > > > > > You can afford to commit multiple and several mistakes and still win because carried by the profession and not by your personal skill.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > One day I was dueling a druid who was a bit condi oriented, probably a weird hybrid build.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I was playing core full zerk warrior, pretty simple and easy standard dueling profession.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Many people watched us dueling, I literally landed every single stun I have, the fight was so long and this guy was dodging on my autoattacks instead of dodging my stuns, I landed every single eviscerate and arcing slice, I had perma 3ah all the fight, but him having perma protection, keeping me perma poisoned, as soon he was 15% health, pop celestial avatar off cooldown, stealth, exit out of stealth always 100% health in 3-4 seconds, and he kept doing this for maybe 2-3 minutes when he finally downed me because of stupid condis working on me plus sustained damage from the stupid pet.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Every single guy who saw us dueling was shocked how badly and poorly he played and still managed to win just because of how brainless his profession is, he didn't deserve the win at all, yeah i died, he beat me, but this doesn't mean he is better than me or he has more skill than me, in this case seriously he was not even half my skill level, he switched to warrior after adfirming it was his main, and i did 10-0 on him and he started saying i turned on some weird tool because against his ranger i was so noob. But i had zero chances on that stupid druid build he was playing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why I told you this? Because soulbeast right now is just abused by everyone, and because of all the tools at his disposal, a worse player can beat a better one.

> > > > > > And the problem is almost nobody really runs full zerk with strength or pack runes, but a mix of marauder/zerk with dura runes can still achieve the damage to "oneshot" 100-0 plus having doubled sustain.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Instead of doing 40k rapid fire maybe you do 15-20k, the average health of every profession.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But as you said the worse ones just runs in duo or just wait to jump you and +1 for the easy kill because they are garbage.

> > > > > > > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > > > > > Here:

> > > > > > > https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y3PV577bSxRL_lw-Wxq41_3EbtTK87IU/view

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Finally someone with video proofs of the stupid overrange of rangers.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's so nasty to use mobility skilla especially in wvw for over 2k range and still get hit by rangers camping longbow and simply walking.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > A warrior complaining about fairness...now I have seen it all.

> > > > > A core warrior probably with "mights make me right" and strength runes - stability on CC - double immunity etc etc etc...your entire build is 90% passive but you still talk about skill and noob aspects of rangers when your very profession is the to go for new players and instant gratification goonies ....how many mistakes can you make a warrior?...I bet you run with might on dodge food...c'mon.......

> > > > >

> > > > > And yeah I have a warrior too...the ranger must be experienced to stand a chance, it's so freaking easy to kill them with all the passive sustain/blocks I have and I am still useful and wanted in any aspect of the game, I can join zergs, go pvp ..all with min effort

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I am not a main warrior, I was just using it for duels and fun so kitten and stop assuming.

> > > >

> > > > Soulbeast has double immunity too, double stone signet ehm ehm, and on shorter cooldown than endure pain ehm ehm, stealth, perma protection, 1500+ bugged range able to 100-0 even targets with above 3k armor.

> > > >

> > > > Pet ai bugged as hell and annoying.

> > > >

> > > > Crazy high mobility and sustain regen.

> > > >

> > > > As i said it's just a warrior plus range.

> > > >

> > > > You can say anything about warrior since it's not my main and it's a noob friendly spec easy to use, easy to master, BUT easy as hell to outplay and counter, something that soulbeast is not that easily.

> > >

> > > You're trying to combine several soulbeast builds into one. You want higher protection uptime? Better run NM and WS together. You want double SoS? Need to run MM.

> > >

> > > I'll agree that the pet AI is annoying. Smokescale is the take for nearly every soulbeast (and ranger) build because it's one of the few that can stick to a moving target.

> >

> > Only troll soulbeast and really experienced players run full zerk glass mode.

> > And you can punish your opponent pretty hard by doing so.

> > But the majority is just a dura runes mara soulbeast, still able to dish out crazy high damage output while having great sustain.

> > If on a scale of easyness warrior is 10/10, that soulbeast build is 9.5/10.

> > I just don't like people calling it high risk high reward sorry when it has all warrior utilies and even more at his disposal.

> > And it's proven in many videos (that you can watch in this post) longbow range is way above 1500 range and in my scenarios even ignore obstacles and still hit you.

> > You don't know how many times I got hit behind obstacles when I shouldn't have and it cost me the fight, it's just stupid how on every other class even an higher invisible terrain works as obstacle and in ranger not even a wall can block his projectiles in many cases.

> > It's just another cheesy low risk build on par of mirage spellbreaker and holo which adds into the mix.

> > It's just stupid to defense it.

> > You said of warrior and I agree on all you said.

>

> Youre right about the build stuff when it comes to soulbeast.

> You dont even need dura runes you can just run WS, BM + soulbeast, rune of the grove for protection duration and maybe add 1 or 2 trinkets with harrier or zealots stats to get crazy sustain from protection + regen uptime while maintaining offensive stats ( power, prec, fero ) the same as other classes running full zerk.

If you did build a WS/BM soulbeast this way, running Grove runes and a couple of Harrier trinkets to try and maximize protection duration from the protection on dodge from WS, you'd only get 2 and 3/4ths seconds of protection per dodge roll. Permanent protection it is not.

i have played ranger for years and in wvw with full legend armor and trinkets zerker all power infusions and never see over 6 to 7 k autos unless its some one super new to the game or wearing full zerker them selfs.the amount of blocks/bubbles/reflect uptime in this game is insane the soulbeast was to make long bow use full again. what are we fighting because all i see is tanky mirages zerker spellbreakers with insane sustain tanking 10 guys for 500 yards while they calmly run to a gate portal if outmanned dead eyes resettting the fight 47 times in a row untill they win firebrands i hit for 700 to 1200 damage at full range of lb,core guards 1 shotting people with 18k insta jib combos yolosmiths beating down packs of players no problem not even breaking a sweat go play a zerker ranger and come back and tell me how easy it was to kill holo mirages and good spellbreakers u will die in 3 hits. Why is it fair to get insta jib killed by a memser but i have to grind them down and chase it for miles to get my kill or it blinks to queens dale before u can finish it?????

and if u running the boon build u dont even get the unblockable trait do most of the people who post in here even skim through the soulbeast traits before u come on this forums crying over l2p issues sorry had to say it. wvw has so many bigger problems then a little bit of pew pew like unkillable fire brand scourge blobs that literally take 0 damage from any kind of siege even the unnerfed super ac firebrands would just stand in the ac fire emote laugh and wave at me same goes for my full zerker soulbeast burst they just laugh and bounce spamming space bar laughing basicly tell me ur damage is nothing to my sustain haha

> @"Ansau.7326" said:

> 9680 on AA without might on him or vulnerability on me.

> GG Anet!

> ![](https://imgur.com/KBfuFrh.jpg "")

>

>

>

>

they are using moa stance, sic' em, signet of the hunt and one wolf pack as elite. you still have all your utilities, namely port available. they're basically a free kill

in case you dont know what those skills do; moa stance; regen, fury, swiftness and protection + increased boon duration. only thing that's sustain there is the protection. Sic 'em is only a reveal and %dmg buff, no sustain. Signet of the hunt is unblockable only. one wolf pack is double strikes. they're merged so they can't swap to another pet that could offer sustain for at least 10 sec

they are obviously running some MMS/BM/SLB build. you wont find any decent sustain there.

you're a mesmer, nay, a mirage. you have invulnerability on dodge. port to them. unload your power/condi burst whatever. watch them die. it's really that easy.

i'd like to point out that outside soulbeast, any ranger running longbow will not allow AA to reach above 1-3k hits. Rapid fire will not exceed 4-5k

i repeat

**longbow long range shot will not reach above 1-3k crits. rapid fire will not exceed 4-5k**

_longbow long range shot will not reach above 1-3k crits. rapid fire will not exceed 4-5k_

nerf longbow damage. okay, soulbeast does less damage. congratulations, you've ruined the ranger signature weapon for core and druid. How about yall think about what the actual issue is, such as the MMS traitline (which plenty rangers already want a rework of) or Sic 'Em (i'm sure we wouldn't mind being reduced to 4 sec in spvp)

fun fact. Photonic Blasting Module (holosmith) **does 1,3k base damage** with a **5.0 scaling**. it has a 240 radius around the Holosmith. **it can easily hit over 30k (no might), 5 targets**. It also **does not render the holosmith immobile**.

Wordly impact has a **base damage of 500 now, with a scaling of 1.89** (588 base damage and 2.21 scaling before nerf). It too has a radius of 240, 5 targets. It **renders the soulbeast immobile**.

let that sink in, for all of you who complain about wordly impact being a c*nt

> @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > > > > > > > The real problem with soulbeasts is actually how they can achieve decent single target dmg while having really high sustain because of boons like regen and protection.

> > > > > > > > > > but that probably wont be adressed for a while cus everyone is still using the zerk 1shot, one trick pony builds :)

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The problem with soulbeast is low risk high reward and noob friendly usage.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You don't get punished at all for running full glass, in the same why of full glass ele for example.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Soulbeast right now is basically a warrior with 1500 range (yeah 1800+ many times), with stealth, evades, block, high mobility, high regen and sustain due to boonspam (perma regen and perma prot mainly), nasty soft and hard CC skills, crazy high damage and incredibility easy to pull off from safe range.

> > > > > > > > > People say, don't make a range kite you and go melee!

> > > > > > > > > If we talk about melee their damage is probably higher than ranged one and they can still pressure you at melee combat.

> > > > > > > > > Or if they run sword/dagger they can evade a lot.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It's just the new cheesy spec of roaming that even noobs can abuse.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > ranger is only noobfriendly in terms of range. to pull anything else meaningful off like the survivability you need coordinate your skills a lot more. I have mained ranger since I started. every time I see a 1 hit ranger or a ranger tries to kill me with his duel build I destroy them. they play really bad and get rekt by most other specs when I see them cus they suck.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > but you ARE correct that GOOD rangers are OP because they can utilize everything the class has to offer. if you pull off the rotations correctly and your opponent makes mistakes it's extremely effective at punishing them for those mistakes.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" I think you've been rather unlucky with the soulbeasts you're facing tbh. most of the ones I see are complete trash who not good for anything but 1upping a fight that was already started.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > edit fixing typos cus I'm writing this on my phone

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I killed plenty of soulbeasts, but what I hate the most is the noob friendly and low risk aspect of the profession.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It is true a good soulbeast can utilise the class at his max and punish you for your mistakes a lot, but this is true with any profession you play, if you are on your main.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But in many cases the profession does 90% of the job for you.

> > > > > > > Druid for example is the top number 1 profession on what I am referring too.

> > > > > > > You can afford to commit multiple and several mistakes and still win because carried by the profession and not by your personal skill.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > One day I was dueling a druid who was a bit condi oriented, probably a weird hybrid build.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I was playing core full zerk warrior, pretty simple and easy standard dueling profession.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Many people watched us dueling, I literally landed every single stun I have, the fight was so long and this guy was dodging on my autoattacks instead of dodging my stuns, I landed every single eviscerate and arcing slice, I had perma 3ah all the fight, but him having perma protection, keeping me perma poisoned, as soon he was 15% health, pop celestial avatar off cooldown, stealth, exit out of stealth always 100% health in 3-4 seconds, and he kept doing this for maybe 2-3 minutes when he finally downed me because of stupid condis working on me plus sustained damage from the stupid pet.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Every single guy who saw us dueling was shocked how badly and poorly he played and still managed to win just because of how brainless his profession is, he didn't deserve the win at all, yeah i died, he beat me, but this doesn't mean he is better than me or he has more skill than me, in this case seriously he was not even half my skill level, he switched to warrior after adfirming it was his main, and i did 10-0 on him and he started saying i turned on some weird tool because against his ranger i was so noob. But i had zero chances on that stupid druid build he was playing.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Why I told you this? Because soulbeast right now is just abused by everyone, and because of all the tools at his disposal, a worse player can beat a better one.

> > > > > > > And the problem is almost nobody really runs full zerk with strength or pack runes, but a mix of marauder/zerk with dura runes can still achieve the damage to "oneshot" 100-0 plus having doubled sustain.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Instead of doing 40k rapid fire maybe you do 15-20k, the average health of every profession.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But as you said the worse ones just runs in duo or just wait to jump you and +1 for the easy kill because they are garbage.

> > > > > > > > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > > > > > > Here:

> > > > > > > > https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y3PV577bSxRL_lw-Wxq41_3EbtTK87IU/view

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Finally someone with video proofs of the stupid overrange of rangers.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's so nasty to use mobility skilla especially in wvw for over 2k range and still get hit by rangers camping longbow and simply walking.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > A warrior complaining about fairness...now I have seen it all.

> > > > > > A core warrior probably with "mights make me right" and strength runes - stability on CC - double immunity etc etc etc...your entire build is 90% passive but you still talk about skill and noob aspects of rangers when your very profession is the to go for new players and instant gratification goonies ....how many mistakes can you make a warrior?...I bet you run with might on dodge food...c'mon.......

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And yeah I have a warrior too...the ranger must be experienced to stand a chance, it's so freaking easy to kill them with all the passive sustain/blocks I have and I am still useful and wanted in any aspect of the game, I can join zergs, go pvp ..all with min effort

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I am not a main warrior, I was just using it for duels and fun so kitten and stop assuming.

> > > > >

> > > > > Soulbeast has double immunity too, double stone signet ehm ehm, and on shorter cooldown than endure pain ehm ehm, stealth, perma protection, 1500+ bugged range able to 100-0 even targets with above 3k armor.

> > > > >

> > > > > Pet ai bugged as hell and annoying.

> > > > >

> > > > > Crazy high mobility and sustain regen.

> > > > >

> > > > > As i said it's just a warrior plus range.

> > > > >

> > > > > You can say anything about warrior since it's not my main and it's a noob friendly spec easy to use, easy to master, BUT easy as hell to outplay and counter, something that soulbeast is not that easily.

> > > >

> > > > You're trying to combine several soulbeast builds into one. You want higher protection uptime? Better run NM and WS together. You want double SoS? Need to run MM.

> > > >

> > > > I'll agree that the pet AI is annoying. Smokescale is the take for nearly every soulbeast (and ranger) build because it's one of the few that can stick to a moving target.

> > >

> > > Only troll soulbeast and really experienced players run full zerk glass mode.

> > > And you can punish your opponent pretty hard by doing so.

> > > But the majority is just a dura runes mara soulbeast, still able to dish out crazy high damage output while having great sustain.

> > > If on a scale of easyness warrior is 10/10, that soulbeast build is 9.5/10.

> > > I just don't like people calling it high risk high reward sorry when it has all warrior utilies and even more at his disposal.

> > > And it's proven in many videos (that you can watch in this post) longbow range is way above 1500 range and in my scenarios even ignore obstacles and still hit you.

> > > You don't know how many times I got hit behind obstacles when I shouldn't have and it cost me the fight, it's just stupid how on every other class even an higher invisible terrain works as obstacle and in ranger not even a wall can block his projectiles in many cases.

> > > It's just another cheesy low risk build on par of mirage spellbreaker and holo which adds into the mix.

> > > It's just stupid to defense it.

> > > You said of warrior and I agree on all you said.

> >

> > Youre right about the build stuff when it comes to soulbeast.

> > You dont even need dura runes you can just run WS, BM + soulbeast, rune of the grove for protection duration and maybe add 1 or 2 trinkets with harrier or zealots stats to get crazy sustain from protection + regen uptime while maintaining offensive stats ( power, prec, fero ) the same as other classes running full zerk.

>

> If you did build a WS/BM soulbeast this way, running Grove runes and a couple of Harrier trinkets to try and maximize protection duration from the protection on dodge from WS, you'd only get 2 and 3/4ths seconds of protection per dodge roll. Permanent protection it is not.

moa stance. moa stance. 500+ hp/s easily.

> @"cryorion.9532" said:

> 1500 range and 7k longbow autoattacks seem very balanced.

> There is so much counter to autoattack and rapid fire spam on max range.

> If this is normal, then I want old Gunflame 20k bursts back!

> I think Soulbeast beats DH in terms of Low risk/High reward gameplay.

> Can't wait for nerfs :)

I got hit for a 13k gunflame on saturday... got pulled off a tower and thought i had escaped and bam 13k hit.

> @"cryorion.9532" said:

> 1500 range and 7k longbow autoattacks seem very balanced.

> There is so much counter to autoattack and rapid fire spam on max range.

> If this is normal, then I want old Gunflame 20k bursts back!

> I think Soulbeast beats DH in terms of Low risk/High reward gameplay.

> Can't wait for nerfs :)

1500+ range as proven in many videos.

And longbow hits ignore obstacles more than any other projectile weapon in the game.

Sometimes using DH and casting trueshot it vanished after 200 range by an invisible obstacle, maybe a slightly terrain/ground elevation.

When instead a ranger was able to hit me while I just walked behind a corner or I was behind a tree and finish me off with 5k+ auto crits...

Druid in my opinion beats even soulbeast in terms of low risk high reward. Even running mara/zerk you can hold 2 people with such ease and even kill them. Running staff/bow. Then you have double stone signet, a lot of stealth when leaving celestial avatar plus pet, high mobility.

Soulbeast is more used because of it's oneshot damage that every noob can pull off, druid takes a bit longer to kill things, so it's boring as hell to use for new players.

It will see nerfs maybe if become toxic in pvp.

In wvw they tend not to nerf roaming specs like holo or spellbreaker, druid, who got more nerfed just on pvp and not on wvw.

> @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > @"cryorion.9532" said:

> > 1500 range and 7k longbow autoattacks seem very balanced.

> > There is so much counter to autoattack and rapid fire spam on max range.

> > If this is normal, then I want old Gunflame 20k bursts back!

> > I think Soulbeast beats DH in terms of Low risk/High reward gameplay.

> > Can't wait for nerfs :)

>

> 1500+ range as proven in many videos.

>

> And longbow hits ignore obstacles more than any other projectile weapon in the game.

> Sometimes using DH and casting trueshot it vanished after 200 range by an invisible obstacle, maybe a slightly terrain/ground elevation.

> When instead a ranger was able to hit me while I just walked behind a corner or I was behind a tree and finish me off with 5k+ auto crits...

>

> Druid in my opinion beats even soulbeast in terms of low risk high reward. Even running mara/zerk you can hold 2 people with such ease and even kill them. Running staff/bow. Then you have double stone signet, a lot of stealth when leaving celestial avatar plus pet, high mobility.

>

> Soulbeast is more used because of it's oneshot damage that every noob can pull off, druid takes a bit longer to kill things, so it's boring as hell to use for new players.

>

> It will see nerfs maybe if become toxic in pvp.

> In wvw they tend not to nerf roaming specs like holo or spellbreaker, druid, who got more nerfed just on pvp and not on wvw.

You are right, druid is probably even more low risk/high reward. Their kiting abilities are disgusting.

I run mostly rifle core warrior (*cries in 1200- range which is sometimes even lower with "out of range" within range and "obstructed" without any obstacles) in wvw and yesterday I had the "pleasure" to realize how broken soulbeast autoattack is. Most annoying thing is, that those pro soulbeasts just use greatsword mobility at max range if I try to approach them to stay at 1.2-1.5k distance. Seriously, if they can take 2/3 of warrior's HP with 2 autoattacks at 1500+ range, something is really wrong. It reminds me Gunflame times pre-nerf. I hope it will be treated like that as well.

> @"cryorion.9532" said:

> > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > @"cryorion.9532" said:

> > > 1500 range and 7k longbow autoattacks seem very balanced.

> > > There is so much counter to autoattack and rapid fire spam on max range.

> > > If this is normal, then I want old Gunflame 20k bursts back!

> > > I think Soulbeast beats DH in terms of Low risk/High reward gameplay.

> > > Can't wait for nerfs :)

> >

> > 1500+ range as proven in many videos.

> >

> > And longbow hits ignore obstacles more than any other projectile weapon in the game.

> > Sometimes using DH and casting trueshot it vanished after 200 range by an invisible obstacle, maybe a slightly terrain/ground elevation.

> > When instead a ranger was able to hit me while I just walked behind a corner or I was behind a tree and finish me off with 5k+ auto crits...

> >

> > Druid in my opinion beats even soulbeast in terms of low risk high reward. Even running mara/zerk you can hold 2 people with such ease and even kill them. Running staff/bow. Then you have double stone signet, a lot of stealth when leaving celestial avatar plus pet, high mobility.

> >

> > Soulbeast is more used because of it's oneshot damage that every noob can pull off, druid takes a bit longer to kill things, so it's boring as hell to use for new players.

> >

> > It will see nerfs maybe if become toxic in pvp.

> > In wvw they tend not to nerf roaming specs like holo or spellbreaker, druid, who got more nerfed just on pvp and not on wvw.

>

> You are right, druid is probably even more low risk/high reward. Their kiting abilities are disgusting.

> I run mostly rifle core warrior (*cries in 1200- range which is sometimes even lower with "out of range" within range and "obstructed" without any obstacles) in wvw and yesterday I had the "pleasure" to realize how broken soulbeast autoattack is. Most annoying thing is, that those pro soulbeasts just use greatsword mobility at max range if I try to approach them to stay at 1.2-1.5k distance. Seriously, if they can take 2/3 of warrior's HP with 2 autoattacks at 1500+ range, something is really wrong. It reminds me Gunflame times pre-nerf. I hope it will be treated like that as well.

>

Funflame was nerfed because it was actually bugged, allowing double hits on target. And no, LRS is *not* bugged. Any and all bow projectiles hit above maximum range (such as warrior and DH bow able to hit 1500 units away)

That said funflame still does more base damage with a higher damage scaling than LRS. Maybe try running an actual glass build.

(Next time they switch to GS to reposition just chase with bulls charge. It takes 9 sec for weapon swap to allow them back onto LB lmao.)

> @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> > > > @"cryorion.9532" said:

> > > > 1500 range and 7k longbow autoattacks seem very balanced.

> > > > There is so much counter to autoattack and rapid fire spam on max range.

> > > > If this is normal, then I want old Gunflame 20k bursts back!

> > > > I think Soulbeast beats DH in terms of Low risk/High reward gameplay.

> > > > Can't wait for nerfs :)

> > >

> > > 1500+ range as proven in many videos.

> > >

> > > And longbow hits ignore obstacles more than any other projectile weapon in the game.

> > > Sometimes using DH and casting trueshot it vanished after 200 range by an invisible obstacle, maybe a slightly terrain/ground elevation.

> > > When instead a ranger was able to hit me while I just walked behind a corner or I was behind a tree and finish me off with 5k+ auto crits...

> > >

> > > Druid in my opinion beats even soulbeast in terms of low risk high reward. Even running mara/zerk you can hold 2 people with such ease and even kill them. Running staff/bow. Then you have double stone signet, a lot of stealth when leaving celestial avatar plus pet, high mobility.

> > >

> > > Soulbeast is more used because of it's oneshot damage that every noob can pull off, druid takes a bit longer to kill things, so it's boring as hell to use for new players.

> > >

> > > It will see nerfs maybe if become toxic in pvp.

> > > In wvw they tend not to nerf roaming specs like holo or spellbreaker, druid, who got more nerfed just on pvp and not on wvw.

> >

> > You are right, druid is probably even more low risk/high reward. Their kiting abilities are disgusting.

> > I run mostly rifle core warrior (*cries in 1200- range which is sometimes even lower with "out of range" within range and "obstructed" without any obstacles) in wvw and yesterday I had the "pleasure" to realize how broken soulbeast autoattack is. Most annoying thing is, that those pro soulbeasts just use greatsword mobility at max range if I try to approach them to stay at 1.2-1.5k distance. Seriously, if they can take 2/3 of warrior's HP with 2 autoattacks at 1500+ range, something is really wrong. It reminds me Gunflame times pre-nerf. I hope it will be treated like that as well.

> >

>

> Funflame was nerfed because it was actually bugged, allowing double hits on target. And no, LRS is *not* bugged. Any and all bow projectiles hit above maximum range (such as warrior and DH bow able to hit 1500 units away)

>

> That said funflame still does more base damage with a higher damage scaling than LRS. Maybe try running an actual glass build.

> (Next time they switch to GS to reposition just chase with bulls charge. It takes 9 sec for weapon swap to allow them back onto LB lmao.)

Gunflame was fixed and it still dealt like 16-20k damages on single shot. It was nerfed due to adrenaline level change on berserker bursts.

Also, warrior and DH bow autoattacks don't deal 5k+ damages.

Are you trying to argue that 5k+ autoattacks are normal, balanced? Because that is pretty broken imo...

> @"cryorion.9532" said:

> > @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> > > @"cryorion.9532" said:

> > > > > @"cryorion.9532" said:

> > > > > 1500 range and 7k longbow autoattacks seem very balanced.

> > > > > There is so much counter to autoattack and rapid fire spam on max range.

> > > > > If this is normal, then I want old Gunflame 20k bursts back!

> > > > > I think Soulbeast beats DH in terms of Low risk/High reward gameplay.

> > > > > Can't wait for nerfs :)

> > > >

> > > > 1500+ range as proven in many videos.

> > > >

> > > > And longbow hits ignore obstacles more than any other projectile weapon in the game.

> > > > Sometimes using DH and casting trueshot it vanished after 200 range by an invisible obstacle, maybe a slightly terrain/ground elevation.

> > > > When instead a ranger was able to hit me while I just walked behind a corner or I was behind a tree and finish me off with 5k+ auto crits...

> > > >

> > > > Druid in my opinion beats even soulbeast in terms of low risk high reward. Even running mara/zerk you can hold 2 people with such ease and even kill them. Running staff/bow. Then you have double stone signet, a lot of stealth when leaving celestial avatar plus pet, high mobility.

> > > >

> > > > Soulbeast is more used because of it's oneshot damage that every noob can pull off, druid takes a bit longer to kill things, so it's boring as hell to use for new players.

> > > >

> > > > It will see nerfs maybe if become toxic in pvp.

> > > > In wvw they tend not to nerf roaming specs like holo or spellbreaker, druid, who got more nerfed just on pvp and not on wvw.

> > >

> > > You are right, druid is probably even more low risk/high reward. Their kiting abilities are disgusting.

> > > I run mostly rifle core warrior (*cries in 1200- range which is sometimes even lower with "out of range" within range and "obstructed" without any obstacles) in wvw and yesterday I had the "pleasure" to realize how broken soulbeast autoattack is. Most annoying thing is, that those pro soulbeasts just use greatsword mobility at max range if I try to approach them to stay at 1.2-1.5k distance. Seriously, if they can take 2/3 of warrior's HP with 2 autoattacks at 1500+ range, something is really wrong. It reminds me Gunflame times pre-nerf. I hope it will be treated like that as well.

> > >

> >

> > Funflame was nerfed because it was actually bugged, allowing double hits on target. And no, LRS is *not* bugged. Any and all bow projectiles hit above maximum range (such as warrior and DH bow able to hit 1500 units away)

> >

> > That said funflame still does more base damage with a higher damage scaling than LRS. Maybe try running an actual glass build.

> > (Next time they switch to GS to reposition just chase with bulls charge. It takes 9 sec for weapon swap to allow them back onto LB lmao.)

>

> Gunflame was fixed and it still dealt like 16-20k damages on single shot. It was nerfed due to adrenaline level change on berserker bursts.

> Also, warrior and DH bow autoattacks don't deal 5k+ damages.

> Are you trying to argue that 5k+ autoattacks are normal, balanced? Because that is pretty broken imo...

Like someone said before, let's just give everybody 10 hp and a stick that does 1 point of damage per hit. May the best person win.

> @"bigo.9037" said:

> > @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > > @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > The real problem with soulbeasts is actually how they can achieve decent single target dmg while having really high sustain because of boons like regen and protection.

> > > > > > > > > > > but that probably wont be adressed for a while cus everyone is still using the zerk 1shot, one trick pony builds :)

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > The problem with soulbeast is low risk high reward and noob friendly usage.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You don't get punished at all for running full glass, in the same why of full glass ele for example.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Soulbeast right now is basically a warrior with 1500 range (yeah 1800+ many times), with stealth, evades, block, high mobility, high regen and sustain due to boonspam (perma regen and perma prot mainly), nasty soft and hard CC skills, crazy high damage and incredibility easy to pull off from safe range.

> > > > > > > > > > People say, don't make a range kite you and go melee!

> > > > > > > > > > If we talk about melee their damage is probably higher than ranged one and they can still pressure you at melee combat.

> > > > > > > > > > Or if they run sword/dagger they can evade a lot.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > It's just the new cheesy spec of roaming that even noobs can abuse.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > ranger is only noobfriendly in terms of range. to pull anything else meaningful off like the survivability you need coordinate your skills a lot more. I have mained ranger since I started. every time I see a 1 hit ranger or a ranger tries to kill me with his duel build I destroy them. they play really bad and get rekt by most other specs when I see them cus they suck.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > but you ARE correct that GOOD rangers are OP because they can utilize everything the class has to offer. if you pull off the rotations correctly and your opponent makes mistakes it's extremely effective at punishing them for those mistakes.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" I think you've been rather unlucky with the soulbeasts you're facing tbh. most of the ones I see are complete trash who not good for anything but 1upping a fight that was already started.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > edit fixing typos cus I'm writing this on my phone

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I killed plenty of soulbeasts, but what I hate the most is the noob friendly and low risk aspect of the profession.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It is true a good soulbeast can utilise the class at his max and punish you for your mistakes a lot, but this is true with any profession you play, if you are on your main.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > But in many cases the profession does 90% of the job for you.

> > > > > > > > Druid for example is the top number 1 profession on what I am referring too.

> > > > > > > > You can afford to commit multiple and several mistakes and still win because carried by the profession and not by your personal skill.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > One day I was dueling a druid who was a bit condi oriented, probably a weird hybrid build.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I was playing core full zerk warrior, pretty simple and easy standard dueling profession.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Many people watched us dueling, I literally landed every single stun I have, the fight was so long and this guy was dodging on my autoattacks instead of dodging my stuns, I landed every single eviscerate and arcing slice, I had perma 3ah all the fight, but him having perma protection, keeping me perma poisoned, as soon he was 15% health, pop celestial avatar off cooldown, stealth, exit out of stealth always 100% health in 3-4 seconds, and he kept doing this for maybe 2-3 minutes when he finally downed me because of stupid condis working on me plus sustained damage from the stupid pet.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Every single guy who saw us dueling was shocked how badly and poorly he played and still managed to win just because of how brainless his profession is, he didn't deserve the win at all, yeah i died, he beat me, but this doesn't mean he is better than me or he has more skill than me, in this case seriously he was not even half my skill level, he switched to warrior after adfirming it was his main, and i did 10-0 on him and he started saying i turned on some weird tool because against his ranger i was so noob. But i had zero chances on that stupid druid build he was playing.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Why I told you this? Because soulbeast right now is just abused by everyone, and because of all the tools at his disposal, a worse player can beat a better one.

> > > > > > > > And the problem is almost nobody really runs full zerk with strength or pack runes, but a mix of marauder/zerk with dura runes can still achieve the damage to "oneshot" 100-0 plus having doubled sustain.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Instead of doing 40k rapid fire maybe you do 15-20k, the average health of every profession.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > But as you said the worse ones just runs in duo or just wait to jump you and +1 for the easy kill because they are garbage.

> > > > > > > > > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > > > > > > > Here:

> > > > > > > > > https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y3PV577bSxRL_lw-Wxq41_3EbtTK87IU/view

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Finally someone with video proofs of the stupid overrange of rangers.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It's so nasty to use mobility skilla especially in wvw for over 2k range and still get hit by rangers camping longbow and simply walking.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > A warrior complaining about fairness...now I have seen it all.

> > > > > > > A core warrior probably with "mights make me right" and strength runes - stability on CC - double immunity etc etc etc...your entire build is 90% passive but you still talk about skill and noob aspects of rangers when your very profession is the to go for new players and instant gratification goonies ....how many mistakes can you make a warrior?...I bet you run with might on dodge food...c'mon.......

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And yeah I have a warrior too...the ranger must be experienced to stand a chance, it's so freaking easy to kill them with all the passive sustain/blocks I have and I am still useful and wanted in any aspect of the game, I can join zergs, go pvp ..all with min effort

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I am not a main warrior, I was just using it for duels and fun so kitten and stop assuming.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Soulbeast has double immunity too, double stone signet ehm ehm, and on shorter cooldown than endure pain ehm ehm, stealth, perma protection, 1500+ bugged range able to 100-0 even targets with above 3k armor.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Pet ai bugged as hell and annoying.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Crazy high mobility and sustain regen.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > As i said it's just a warrior plus range.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You can say anything about warrior since it's not my main and it's a noob friendly spec easy to use, easy to master, BUT easy as hell to outplay and counter, something that soulbeast is not that easily.

> > > > >

> > > > > You're trying to combine several soulbeast builds into one. You want higher protection uptime? Better run NM and WS together. You want double SoS? Need to run MM.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'll agree that the pet AI is annoying. Smokescale is the take for nearly every soulbeast (and ranger) build because it's one of the few that can stick to a moving target.

> > > >

> > > > Only troll soulbeast and really experienced players run full zerk glass mode.

> > > > And you can punish your opponent pretty hard by doing so.

> > > > But the majority is just a dura runes mara soulbeast, still able to dish out crazy high damage output while having great sustain.

> > > > If on a scale of easyness warrior is 10/10, that soulbeast build is 9.5/10.

> > > > I just don't like people calling it high risk high reward sorry when it has all warrior utilies and even more at his disposal.

> > > > And it's proven in many videos (that you can watch in this post) longbow range is way above 1500 range and in my scenarios even ignore obstacles and still hit you.

> > > > You don't know how many times I got hit behind obstacles when I shouldn't have and it cost me the fight, it's just stupid how on every other class even an higher invisible terrain works as obstacle and in ranger not even a wall can block his projectiles in many cases.

> > > > It's just another cheesy low risk build on par of mirage spellbreaker and holo which adds into the mix.

> > > > It's just stupid to defense it.

> > > > You said of warrior and I agree on all you said.

> > >

> > > Youre right about the build stuff when it comes to soulbeast.

> > > You dont even need dura runes you can just run WS, BM + soulbeast, rune of the grove for protection duration and maybe add 1 or 2 trinkets with harrier or zealots stats to get crazy sustain from protection + regen uptime while maintaining offensive stats ( power, prec, fero ) the same as other classes running full zerk.

> >

> > If you did build a WS/BM soulbeast this way, running Grove runes and a couple of Harrier trinkets to try and maximize protection duration from the protection on dodge from WS, you'd only get 2 and 3/4ths seconds of protection per dodge roll. Permanent protection it is not.

>

> moa stance. moa stance. 500+ hp/s easily.

If you push boon duration to 100%, Companion's Defense gives 4 secs of protection per dodge roll. It's not worth sacrificing runes and two trinkets for (imo) especially considering that a soulbeast running Durability runes as their only source of boon duration would be at 86% boon duration when Moa Stance is active, giving 3 and 3/4ths seconds of protection per dodge roll with Companion's Defense. Runes of the Grove add only a 1/4th of a second of protection per dodge roll over Durability with Companion's Defense.

> Like someone said before, let's just give everybody 10 hp and a stick that does 1 point of damage per hit. May the best person win.

Why when you can reduce damage modifiers in pvp/wvw and nerf range of all ranged weapons (of all classes) to 1200?

Why do I think some people here are avoiding calling this issue by its real name, BROKENLY OVERPOWERED. I guess you don't want to lose your pre-nerf Gunflame :( The irony is that this is even easier to pull off than Gunflame...

> @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> > > > @"cryorion.9532" said:

> > > > 1500 range and 7k longbow autoattacks seem very balanced.

> > > > There is so much counter to autoattack and rapid fire spam on max range.

> > > > If this is normal, then I want old Gunflame 20k bursts back!

> > > > I think Soulbeast beats DH in terms of Low risk/High reward gameplay.

> > > > Can't wait for nerfs :)

> > >

> > > 1500+ range as proven in many videos.

> > >

> > > And longbow hits ignore obstacles more than any other projectile weapon in the game.

> > > Sometimes using DH and casting trueshot it vanished after 200 range by an invisible obstacle, maybe a slightly terrain/ground elevation.

> > > When instead a ranger was able to hit me while I just walked behind a corner or I was behind a tree and finish me off with 5k+ auto crits...

> > >

> > > Druid in my opinion beats even soulbeast in terms of low risk high reward. Even running mara/zerk you can hold 2 people with such ease and even kill them. Running staff/bow. Then you have double stone signet, a lot of stealth when leaving celestial avatar plus pet, high mobility.

> > >

> > > Soulbeast is more used because of it's oneshot damage that every noob can pull off, druid takes a bit longer to kill things, so it's boring as hell to use for new players.

> > >

> > > It will see nerfs maybe if become toxic in pvp.

> > > In wvw they tend not to nerf roaming specs like holo or spellbreaker, druid, who got more nerfed just on pvp and not on wvw.

> >

> > You are right, druid is probably even more low risk/high reward. Their kiting abilities are disgusting.

> > I run mostly rifle core warrior (*cries in 1200- range which is sometimes even lower with "out of range" within range and "obstructed" without any obstacles) in wvw and yesterday I had the "pleasure" to realize how broken soulbeast autoattack is. Most annoying thing is, that those pro soulbeasts just use greatsword mobility at max range if I try to approach them to stay at 1.2-1.5k distance. Seriously, if they can take 2/3 of warrior's HP with 2 autoattacks at 1500+ range, something is really wrong. It reminds me Gunflame times pre-nerf. I hope it will be treated like that as well.

> >

>

> Funflame was nerfed because it was actually bugged, allowing double hits on target. And no, LRS is *not* bugged. Any and all bow projectiles hit above maximum range (such as warrior and DH bow able to hit 1500 units away)

>

> That said funflame still does more base damage with a higher damage scaling than LRS. Maybe try running an actual glass build.

> (Next time they switch to GS to reposition just chase with bulls charge. It takes 9 sec for weapon swap to allow them back onto LB lmao.)

When I seldom play DH to roam I end up frustated for all the stupid obstruct that appear on invisible objectile and it's always out of range above 1200, Of that I am pretty sure.

Only rifle4 of engi lately had that 1500 bug projectile, and now it was fixed and buffed from the intened 600 range to 1200 range.

Longbow skills have all this range bug and they hit some for 1800-1900 range, and they don't fix it.

It was proven ranger vs kneeled deadeye, they were both shooting each other standing still in one position, the deadeye hits were "Out Of Range" (kneeled deadeye is 1500 max range), while the ranger was able to hit and damage the deadeye.