Labyrinthine Cliffs Adventures Question

This is more an observation and looking for a way around the possible circumstances; Is it just me, or are the adventures in the Cliff's impossible with a core account? With that respect very difficult for HoT with using just gliding.

My reason for asking is I have an alt account that's core. (Not free to play, just core.) And I wanted to do the adventures hoping that the mount rental system would allow to do them. However with their locations, it's nearly impossible to get to them with a mount, and if you use the crystals, you can no longer use the mount due to needing to talk to the mount handler. Plus the adventures seem to be locations that only a glider or someone with updraft and Mount Masteries unlocked can get to. As well as the griffon adventures require the ability to dive and pull up.

Now when there were things in previous holidays like Wintersday and Halloween, we never had this problem because there weren't holiday based adventures, but just 1 race where you could rent a mount. Seems to me to be a slight oversight allowing people to rent mounts but unable to do much with them for adventures or the other mount related activities besides exploring the cliffs. However the mount rentals might have only been to allow for core and HoT to enjoy exploring on mounts without adventures.

What are your thoughts on this matter? Any ways you've seen people get around this problem without assistance?

Thanks!

You can rent all mounts in Labrynthine Cliffs. The skimmer is near to where the skimmer race actually starts. The others are on the plateau where the upper waypoint is.

The Griffon Adventures are not doable without the masteries to dive or pull up. But you don’t need to complete that for the meta achievement, so you’re (as a core or ftp player) only locked out from “Barnstormer”.

Is it fair? Yes. Paid content has its perks, you’re not locked out from the entire festival or it’s “final reward”.

They were asking about the adventures, guys not the meta achieves.

It seems the adventures are for those with mounts unlocked.

Even with them the sky crystal adventure seems challenging without griffen. (I have all mounts bar the griff and can't seem to get all crystals fast enough. Always fall a few seconds short)

It was a little disappointing. I'd have liked at least one accessible adventure.

> @"Taygus.4571" said:

> They were asking about the adventures, guys not the meta achieves.

Actually,

>What are your thoughts on this matter?

Mine was, it’s not a hindrance to the festival in a massively impactful way, and that people who paid for Gliders and Mounts shouldn’t be excluded because others haven’t paid for an expansion. Not buying an expansion hasn’t totally excluded you from the festival, there’s just extra things that people can do having bought them.

> @"Alimar.8760" said:

> However with their locations, it's nearly impossible to get to them with a mount

I haven't tried the rental system, since I own mounts, but with normal mounts you can use waypoints without being unmounted. Is that possible, too, with rental mounts? If so, you should be able to gain enough power dive momentum from the upper waypoint to reach the height required in order to access the target locations.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Alimar.8760" said:

> > However with their locations, it's nearly impossible to get to them with a mount

>

> I haven't tried the rental system, since I own mounts, but with normal mounts you can use waypoints without being unmounted. Is that possible, too, with rental mounts? If so, you should be able to gain enough power dive momentum from the upper waypoint to reach the height required in order to access the target locations.

I'm not sure if you can waypoint with a rental mount, but I do know that you can't waypoint while doing those mount adventures. Or at least you couldn't in PoF maps (waypointing would end the adventure).

I'm not necessarily complaining and saying it takes away from the festival. It's an observation on after playing the map with my main account with everything unlocked and then moving on to attempting to do them with my alt account.

> I haven't tried the rental system, since I own mounts, but with normal mounts you can use waypoints without being unmounted. Is that possible, too, with rental mounts? If so, you should be able to gain enough power dive momentum from the upper waypoint to reach the height required in order to access the target locations.

And in response to some of the others. It was an observation made that they just aren't accessible or possible with core/hot accounts. With the mount rental, you are required to talk to a trainer to get that specific mount. And you can't re-mount after you dismount. This coupled with the high location of the 2 griffon adventures, means you need to use either an air aspect, or a bunny. Which means you won't have a griffon.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> Is it fair? Yes. Paid content has its perks, you’re not locked out from the entire festival or it’s “final reward”.

> Mine was, it’s not a hindrance to the festival in a massively impactful way, and that people who paid for Gliders and Mounts shouldn’t be excluded because others haven’t paid for an expansion. Not buying an expansion hasn’t totally excluded you from the festival, there’s just extra things that people can do having bought them.

Most certainly that those that get expansions should be able to use them. I wasn't stating it wasn't fair. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to complete them, or if I was missing a certain feature in the map that allows those of Core or HoT to complete said adventures since they seem entirely designed around mounts. It's good level design to make sure that those "optional" adventures do not interfere with the meta achievement.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Alimar.8760" said:

> > > However with their locations, it's nearly impossible to get to them with a mount

> >

> > I haven't tried the rental system, since I own mounts, but with normal mounts you can use waypoints without being unmounted. Is that possible, too, with rental mounts? If so, you should be able to gain enough power dive momentum from the upper waypoint to reach the height required in order to access the target locations.

>

> I'm not sure if you can waypoint with a rental mount, but I do know that you can't waypoint while doing those mount adventures. Or at least you couldn't in PoF maps (waypointing would end the adventure).

Also, the Power Dive and Gain Height moves *are both Masteries*, and thus not available on a rental mount.

I have 3 accts and only 1 has the griffon unlocked and fully mastered. I don't even see the griffon challenge icons on the other 2 accts though the achievement does show. I never considered trying to rent or see if it was possible to rent a griffon for my 2 alts since I was just happy to finish the ap achievement once under the time limit on my main.

I could see how this would seem unfair to cores or even POFers that don't have a griffon though.

> @"HazyDaisy.4107" said:

> I could see how this would seem unfair to cores or even POFers that don't have a griffon though.

I can see why people would consider it unfair. Personally I felt a little disappointed I just couldn't complete it on accounts that didn't have full masteries.

> @"Alimar.8760" said:

> > I haven't tried the rental system, since I own mounts, but with normal mounts you can use waypoints without being unmounted. Is that possible, too, with rental mounts? If so, you should be able to gain enough power dive momentum from the upper waypoint to reach the height required in order to access the target locations.

>

> With the mount rental, you are required to talk to a trainer to get that specific mount. And you can't re-mount after you dismount. This coupled with the high location of the 2 griffon adventures, means you need to use either an air aspect, or a bunny. Which means you won't have a griffon.

I am confused. Didn't I write in my post that _dismounting wasn't necessary_ if you mounted first, then used the upper waypoint (which shouldn't dismount you), then dive down and speed up from there in order to reach the adventures' locations? Or don't you get temporary access to the super speed skill with those rental mounts?

If that truly doesn't work then I don't see the logic in implementing a mount rental system in the first place. What's the point?

> > @"Alimar.8760" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > I haven't tried the rental system, since I own mounts, but with normal mounts you can use waypoints without being unmounted. Is that possible, too, with rental mounts? If so, you should be able to gain enough power dive momentum from the upper waypoint to reach the height required in order to access the target locations.

> >

> > With the mount rental, you are required to talk to a trainer to get that specific mount. And you can't re-mount after you dismount. This coupled with the high location of the 2 griffon adventures, means you need to use either an air aspect, or a bunny. Which means you won't have a griffon.

>

> I am confused. Didn't I write in my post that _dismounting wasn't necessary_ if you mounted first, then used the upper waypoint (which shouldn't dismount you), then dive down and speed up from there in order to reach the adventures' locations? Or don't you get temporary access to the super speed skill with those rental mounts?

>

> If that truly doesn't work then I don't see the logic in implementing a mount rental system in the first place. What's the point?

Iirc Waypointing during the adventure will force quit the adventure (Crystal collector). You also *do not* get access to the mount mastery skills via rentals, you need the actual masteries to use them, as intended.

The point of mount rental was only for the races, or to try them out.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > @"Alimar.8760" said:

> > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > I haven't tried the rental system, since I own mounts, but with normal mounts you can use waypoints without being unmounted. Is that possible, too, with rental mounts? If so, you should be able to gain enough power dive momentum from the upper waypoint to reach the height required in order to access the target locations.

> > >

> > > With the mount rental, you are required to talk to a trainer to get that specific mount. And you can't re-mount after you dismount. This coupled with the high location of the 2 griffon adventures, means you need to use either an air aspect, or a bunny. Which means you won't have a griffon.

> >

> > I am confused. Didn't I write in my post that _dismounting wasn't necessary_ if you mounted first, then used the upper waypoint (which shouldn't dismount you), then dive down and speed up from there in order to reach the adventures' locations? Or don't you get temporary access to the super speed skill with those rental mounts?

> >

> > If that truly doesn't work then I don't see the logic in implementing a mount rental system in the first place. What's the point?

>

> Iirc Waypointing during the adventure will force quit the adventure [...]

Not _during_ the adventure :s but to get up to the adventures' starting locations! :)

> > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > @"Alimar.8760" said:

> > > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > I haven't tried the rental system, since I own mounts, but with normal mounts you can use waypoints without being unmounted. Is that possible, too, with rental mounts? If so, you should be able to gain enough power dive momentum from the upper waypoint to reach the height required in order to access the target locations.

> > > >

> > > > With the mount rental, you are required to talk to a trainer to get that specific mount. And you can't re-mount after you dismount. This coupled with the high location of the 2 griffon adventures, means you need to use either an air aspect, or a bunny. Which means you won't have a griffon.

> > >

> > > I am confused. Didn't I write in my post that _dismounting wasn't necessary_ if you mounted first, then used the upper waypoint (which shouldn't dismount you), then dive down and speed up from there in order to reach the adventures' locations? Or don't you get temporary access to the super speed skill with those rental mounts?

> > >

> > > If that truly doesn't work then I don't see the logic in implementing a mount rental system in the first place. What's the point?

> >

> > Iirc Waypointing during the adventure will force quit the adventure [...]

>

> Not _during_ the adventure :s but to get up to the adventures' starting locations! :)

Right? Otherwise it would be an advantage for even those that own the mounts to rent one for the adventure.

> I am confused. Didn't I write in my post that _dismounting wasn't necessary_ if you mounted first, then used the upper waypoint (which shouldn't dismount you), then dive down and speed up from there in order to reach the adventures' locations? Or don't you get temporary access to the super speed skill with those rental mounts?

>

> If that truly doesn't work then I don't see the logic in implementing a mount rental system in the first place. What's the point?

I'm pretty sure that the rental mounts don't let you use the boosted abilities or the Mastery-locked abilities. So, raptor won't have the boosted long jump, bunny won't have the boosted high vault, skimmer won't have the extended hover time, jackal won't be able to use portals, and griffon won't be able to do the speed boost. Edit: Just tested on my alt account, and she was not able to dive at all, let alone get a speed boost.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> I'm pretty sure that the rental mounts don't let you use the boosted abilities or the Mastery-locked abilities. So, raptor won't have the boosted long jump, bunny won't have the boosted high vault, skimmer won't have the extended hover time, jackal won't be able to use portals, and griffon won't be able to do the speed boost. Edit: Just tested on my alt account, and she was not able to dive at all, let alone get a speed boost.

Well, then I ask again: what the point??? It doesn't make any sense if you can't do the adventures with them, unless... Oh, stupid me. They put rental mounts in the map so that people will want to get full access after testing them and go buy PoF (if they haven't already). Wow, that's a cheap trick.

Why do people think they are entitled to all content when you only have the core game? I hate that the devs don't spread around HoT and PoF content into the old maps. Players who support the devs should be rewarded. If you decide not to buy an xpack, you need to come to terms with the fact that you do not have access to everything. Mount rentals shouldn't even exist.

> @"wickedkae.4980" said:

> Why do people think they are entitled to all content when you only have the core game?

Agreed. Just being able to test a mount or ride one for the skimmer/pavilion/Halloween/Wintersday races should be considered a good will gesture from Anet to accounts that don’t own PoF.

>I hate that the devs don't spread around HoT and PoF content into the old maps.

Agreed. I’d love a Griffon Adventure or dozen spread to maps, like Malchors Leap, Lornars Pass, Lions Arch. There’s some really good starting points throughout the Core Tyria zones.

>Players who support the devs should be rewarded. If you decide not to buy an xpack, you need to come to terms with the fact that you do not have access to everything.

Again, agreed. It’s the perk for supporting the game. It’s not as if PoF is expensive either.

>Mount rentals shouldn't even exist.

They are carrots.