Please remove attunement cooldowns when out of combat

ROMANG.1903

> @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > @"ROMANG.1903" said:

> > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > Keeping the way it is now is easier than changing it. There are traits and abilities that key off of how it works now, as others have pointed out. So the question is, why should others have to change the way they play because you find something annoying? A change like this would have to be worthwhile in more than PvE to justify changing how the Arcane traitline works.

> >

> > We're not changing anything with how the Arcane traitline works. It's just that you'll have to be in combat.

>

>

> So you're saying no more elem roaming in pvp wvw, that's it ? I don't get why it bother you there is 4s or less CD on all attunements in weaver, or 10s on the last attunement in core.

> Okai you have to wait 8sec for a #4 or # 5 with weaver if we put you in fight while you are in a /wrong attunement.

> So your deal is to nerf all arcane's lane to reach 4sec CD instead of 8sec ? But what the interest to swap Attunement out of combat if traits don't trigger? Just run the attunement you want to engage with ? Akward.

>

> edit : my bad it doesn't change anything for weaver ; 4s to double attunenement with your nerf or not. It's always 4sec or less.

> So I don't know where you've seen 10 or 12sec with weaver.

There are others traits and skills if you want to increase your move speed.

And again...

> @"ROMANG.1903" said:

> It's possible to make the change in PvE only.

There is no rotation to do in PvE. Keeping the arcane rotation is useless in that mode.

8-12 seconds:

For example, I am in Air/Fire and I want to go into Earth/Fire before engaging: I have to go into Fire first, which may take time if my attunement is still on cooldown, then wait 4 seconds to go into Earth, then wait 4 seconds again if I want my attunement swap to be ready for the rotation (which I personnally want it to be or else I'll have to delay my rotation)

> @"ROMANG.1903" said:

> (...)

> > @"ROMANG.1903" said:

> > It's possible to make the change in PvE only.

> There is no rotation to do in PvE. Keeping the arcane rotation is useless in that mode.

> (...)

That'd be fine for me. But I doubt it's anywhere on their priority list. :tongue:

They are just gonna nerf swiftness. "Does not work on ele anymore, cuz too much mobility/was a bug/we hate ele."

> @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > @"ROMANG.1903" said:

> > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > Keeping the way it is now is easier than changing it. There are traits and abilities that key off of how it works now, as others have pointed out. So the question is, why should others have to change the way they play because you find something annoying? A change like this would have to be worthwhile in more than PvE to justify changing how the Arcane traitline works.

> >

> > We're not changing anything with how the Arcane traitline works. It's just that you'll have to be in combat.

>

>

> So you're saying no more elem roaming in pvp wvw, that's it ? I don't get why it bother you there is 4s or less CD on all attunements in weaver, or 10s on the last attunement in core.

> Okai you have to wait 8sec for a #4 or # 5 with weaver if we put you in fight while you are in a /wrong attunement.

> So your deal is to nerf all arcane's lane to reach 4sec CD instead of 8sec ? But what the interest to swap Attunement out of combat if traits don't trigger? Just run the attunement you want to engage with ? Akward.

>

> edit : my bad it doesn't change anything for weaver ; 4s to double attunenement with your nerf or not. It's always 4sec or less.

> So I don't know where you've seen 10 or 12sec with weaver.

When you said this I had to go and check for myself and you're right, it's 4s in and out of combat so this proposed change seems more pedantic than an actual balance issue since your in and out of combat time is the same.

• 3 weeks later...