suggest the nerf (or buff) you want(with logic)

Tact.8063

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> Nerf: Heavily nerf Burst, Make playing defensive rewarding.

How would they do this exactly?

One could say "Just nerf burst" but that's a hard and very subjective balancing act across multiple classes and setups, and too much or too little throws things even further out of whack. Not to mention a lot of defensive builds were just as screwed from the loss of some amulets/runes as they were from trait/skill buffs/nerfs.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Engie: Revert Elixer U buff.

_Reason: allows for "pop stab spam holo skills" mindless gameplay_

Thief: Stealth attacks from DE rifle no longer unblockable, but deal 5% more damage

_Reason: Unblockable attacks from stealth lack counterplay. Damage increase to make up for it._

Ranger: Unstoppable Union now just makes your next 2 attacks unblockable instead of lasting 4 seconds

_Reason: The stunbreak already makes this strong for a t1 trait. 4s unblockability on a class with tons of CC lacks counterplay_

Guardian: Reduced outgoing healing and boon duration of tome skills by 15%

_Reason: It's still too strong_

Warrior: Reduced damage of Rampage skills by 10%

_Reason: LMAO Rampage_

Revenant: Increased the number of conditions cleared by all of this classes condi clears by 1. Reduced offhand sword damage by 8%.

_Reason: Rev being weak to condis is based on reasons that no longer apply ever since PoF launch. Offhand S nerf to prevent Rev from becoming too strong from this change._

Necromancer: Sand Savant radius now only applies to shades, no longer the player.

_Reason: Necros being able to too easily cover an entire point promotes mindless spammy gameplay_

Mesmer: Elusive mind exhaustion increased to 25 seconds. Now has a 90 second ICD.

_Reason: There is no version of passive near-permanent CC invulnerability that can exist and be balanced in PvP. A smiters boon is 100% justified._

Elementalist: Increased damage of Sword dual attacks by 10%

_Reason: Poor Weaver bunker is still just too easy to ignore in fights due to not being enough of a threat to bother_

> @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> Engie: Revert Elixer U buff.

> _Reason: allows for "pop stab spam holo skills" mindless gameplay_

> Thief: Stealth attacks from DE rifle no longer unblockable, but deal 5% more damage

> _Reason: Unblockable attacks from stealth lack counterplay. Damage increase to make up for it._

> Ranger: Unstoppable Union now just makes your next 2 attacks unblockable instead of lasting 4 seconds

> _Reason: The stunbreak already makes this strong for a t1 trait. 4s unblockability on a class with tons of CC lacks counterplay_

> Guardian: Reduced outgoing healing and boon duration of tome skills by 15%

> _Reason: It's still too strong_

> Warrior: Reduced damage of Rampage skills by 10%

> _Reason: LMAO Rampage_

> Revenant: Increased the number of conditions cleared by all of this classes condi clears by 1. Reduced offhand sword damage by 8%.

> _Reason: Rev being weak to condis is based on reasons that no longer apply ever since PoF launch. Offhand S nerf to prevent Rev from becoming too strong from this change._

> Necromancer: Sand Savant radius now only applies to shades, no longer the player.

> _Reason: Necros being able to too easily cover an entire point promotes mindless spammy gameplay_

> Mesmer: Elusive mind exhaustion increased to 25 seconds. Now has a 90 second ICD.

> _Reason: There is no version of passive near-permanent CC invulnerability that can exist and be balanced in PvP. A smiters boon is 100% justified._

> Elementalist: Increased damage of Sword dual attacks by 10%

> _Reason: Poor Weaver bunker is still just too easy to ignore in fights due to not being enough of a threat to bother_

I agree with the direction and some notes. I disagree with some stuff. Soulbeast unblockable (imo) is fine. Only working on 2 hits would make it a full gimmick build while not even being able to use unblockable rapid fire. I don't think soulbeast is even that obnoxious at the moment. (i.e. relying on worldly impact or single hard-hitting skills only works against players who can't dodge them, and removing unblockable for multihits (which this change does) allows their general pressure which forces dodges to be largely reduced.

I agree FB is still a bit too strong, I don't think blanket boon duration or healing output nerfs is what it needs. Instead i'd rather see an increase in mantra recharge time for the heal or the elite. Alternatively reducing the stab duration on the elite. Honestly firebrand healing in PvP isn't the "issue" as much as howmuch damage and spikes you can negate of other players by stunbreaks, CC and blocks. Alternatively FB can remain focussed on avoiding damage through defensive buffs and mantras but the healing can be gimped more; making it focus on actively avoiding damage (for you and allies) over healing it off (or doing both).

Sand savant is fine at the moment; Imo. The 30s Cd on shades when traited to sand savant make it a lot less spammy. Perhaps removing the "corrupt" of some of the stronger punishment skills would be nice. Not sure why necro barrier heal or portal corrupts... The elite is fair enough.

Weaver probably needs more buffs than a 10% buff to its dual attacks.

Direction of all classes is good tho. Actually shows which classes are good, and why, and what could be hit to improve balance iteratively. Which is a lot better than most balance posts I read here...

> @"Tehologist.5841" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > @"Xarimath.4518" said:

> > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > holo cds need to be increased imo. a 600 range leap on a 2 sec cd and 66% stab uptime (with no boon duration) on #3 is broke.

> > >

> > > It's 600 only if you hit the target, otherwise it's 450. Plus, gives only 3 secs of quickness and generate heat percentage that can bring to a known mechanic called overheating, which is deadly and suicidal for the Holosmith itself. Stability generated from corona burst is only 4 and 1/2 seconds, 5 and 1/2 seconds with runes of leadership. Although stab given by Soulbeast's stance or Rampage with much longer duration is fine right?

>

>

> Its swiftness not quickness for holo leap , stability (4 seconds) is only generated if take the trait and corona burst has to actually hit, 2 hits followed by AOE vulnerability 300 range. The counter is simple, step back or dodge then CC all you like. A good holo player will only use corona burst if they know they can hit, it is very counterable. Also, holo leap is so slow, asura does a double front flip before even landing it.

how do you expect to just step back while the holo has perma swiftness and a 2 sec cd 600 range leap?

you are right about the stab coming from the trait, so maybe not nerf just the #3 cd.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"Tehologist.5841" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > @"Xarimath.4518" said:

> > > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > holo cds need to be increased imo. a 600 range leap on a 2 sec cd and 66% stab uptime (with no boon duration) on #3 is broke.

> > > >

> > > > It's 600 only if you hit the target, otherwise it's 450. Plus, gives only 3 secs of quickness and generate heat percentage that can bring to a known mechanic called overheating, which is deadly and suicidal for the Holosmith itself. Stability generated from corona burst is only 4 and 1/2 seconds, 5 and 1/2 seconds with runes of leadership. Although stab given by Soulbeast's stance or Rampage with much longer duration is fine right?

> >

> >

> > Its swiftness not quickness for holo leap , stability (4 seconds) is only generated if take the trait and corona burst has to actually hit, 2 hits followed by AOE vulnerability 300 range. The counter is simple, step back or dodge then CC all you like. A good holo player will only use corona burst if they know they can hit, it is very counterable. Also, holo leap is so slow, asura does a double front flip before even landing it.

>

> how do you expect to just step back while the holo has perma swiftness and a 2 sec cd 600 range leap?

> you are right about the stab coming from the trait, so maybe not nerf just the #3 cd.

Shadow walk, teleport, stealth, use immobolize, cripple or kill them with ranged attacks/burst. CC them before they get to you, CC when stab wears off. They can't stay in holoforge forever, especially if holo leaping constantly trying to catch you.

> @"Huskyboy.1053" said:

>Some people even choose not to play Blink anymore since Mirage has so much mobility. It's far more powerful than for example Dash in Daredevil, and unlike Daredevil, Mirage also has Vigor built-in to make up for the Exhaustion.

You got it the way around, DD has endurance gain skills that bypass exhaustion, vigor doesn't do anyting with exhaustion.

> @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> Mesmer: Elusive mind exhaustion increased to 25 seconds. Now has a 90 second ICD.

> _Reason: There is no version of passive near-permanent CC invulnerability that can exist and be balanced in PvP. A smiters boon is 100% justified._

lul

OT: Infinite Horizon is way better than EM but whatever...

- EM removes one soft cc and one condi, no longer removes stunbreak.

- Mirage mantle 2sec protection - even a minor on core ranger is better than this atm.

Scrapper buff: Make defense field reflect projectiles again.

Elementalist buff: Revert the changes to arcane blast (make it 3 casts in PvP again)

Also, stop making pointless nerfs to professions that are already under performing.

This would be a good start, at least.

> > @"Namless.4028" said:

> > > @"Tehologist.5841" said:

> > > Engineer: weapon swap!!

> >

> > which weapons?

>

> We don’t have weapon swap at all. Both revenant and firebrand have it. We don’t have any mechanics that directly impact our weapons. I see no reason engineers can’t have it.

>

>

Would be neat. I could see the basis for a small 5-10 second cooldown for photon forge if engi was granted wep swap, even just for the Holosmith profession. Would make Rifle Sword Shield pretty cool.

> @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > Please help ele! Only class i can't pvp :/

>

> The problem with ele is far deeper than simple buffs/nerfs, it needs a whole rework.

I agree with this.

And give core rev more condi clear outside of mallyx and ventari

> @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > @"Tehologist.5841" said:

> > > @"Namless.4028" said:

> > > > @"Tehologist.5841" said:

> > > > Engineer: weapon swap!!

> > >

> > > which weapons?

> >

> > We don’t have weapon swap at all. Both revenant and firebrand have it. We don’t have any mechanics that directly impact our weapons. I see no reason engineers can’t have it.

> >

> >

>

> Would be neat. I could see the basis for a small 5-10 second cooldown for photon forge if engi was granted wep swap, even just for the Holosmith profession. Would make Rifle Sword Shield pretty cool.

Leave everything the same, the swap button itself has the cooldown.

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> > @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > > @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > > > @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > > > In terms of mirage, breaking stun, while using a skill while basically you have no idea when the mirage is evading because of mirage cloak, that is also 33% longer than a normal dodge , that dodge happens to not interrupt revive and actions is a verrrrrrrrry bad design, i remember when we QQ-d about drd Dash and they gave us mirage clap clap, dash got nerfed because of reasons and a class like this aint? good joke

> > > >

> > > > Oh oh and i forgot superspeed too cos reasons, a class with 1000000x teleport freakin needs it, but be sure anet to not give swiftness or movementspeed bonus to vanilla thief it might be op then, oh and mirage can cleanse condition on dodge too cos reasons

> > >

> > > Please list the 10000 teleports andd put them all in one build?

> > > Mirage removes one condition when dodging

> > > Gets 1s of superspeed

> > > And EM has exhaustion on it. Same treatment Daredevil dash got.

> > > Mirage dodges in place not like the rolling dodge everyone else has ( which imo was a silly concept ). It's the reason for the longer evade.

> > >

> > > Yea this thread was doomed from inception. Sorry OP. But too many people like this poster above don't know how classes work. Resort to hyperbole and just ask for nerfs without understanding or logic.

> > > Hopefully you get civil responses based on logic and understanding but this is the spvp forums, and that generally doesn't exist here.

> >

> > Thank you for making your post personal again, however you are the one under every post where mesmer gets mentioned and go there white knigting, mirage is a bad design, and you are defending it so hard that it is hilarious, half of my pvp guildies basically stopped the game cos of it, and now playing wow and other mmos or even switched to diff genres like me, so please continue defending obvious broken mechanics, cos we all now mirage only problem is EM right Solori?

>

> Are you going to offer and actual discussion on the topic or just throw out hyperbole and " woe my guildies left" responses? Just curious? And if my calling out your blatant misinformation and uninformed post on the state of a class makes you feel attacked, maybe you should spend less time on the forums complaining and more time playing the game. So that when discussions on classes arise you have more of an informed opinion and not nonsense that can be proven false by a simple google search.

> Also if you bothered actually doing research on thw subject you would know, besides EM. I find the condition application on multiple classes in this game abhorrent and have called that out as such.

> Come back and offer a real discussion sometime when you are more informed k

Erm Where did i missinform?

> @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > Please help ele! Only class i can't pvp :/

>

> The problem with ele is far deeper than simple buffs/nerfs, it needs a whole rework.

How so? What, specifically, needs a "rework" (that you can't call it buff/ nerf)?

Problem with ele is if it want to stay alive, it'll have to sacrifice crucial damage. And if it wants to do damage it'll have to sacrifice survivability to the point of not dealing enough damage to actually put someone down before they can heal/ disengage.

Seems to me a good case of buff/ nerf traits to solve the problem. Specialy not making water line a must to play pvp. Tbh i think some defensive buffs to the other traitlines is a good starting point.

> > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > @"Tehologist.5841" said:

> > > > @"Namless.4028" said:

> > > > > @"Tehologist.5841" said:

> > > > > Engineer: weapon swap!!

> > > >

> > > > which weapons?

> > >

> > > We don’t have weapon swap at all. Both revenant and firebrand have it. We don’t have any mechanics that directly impact our weapons. I see no reason engineers can’t have it.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Would be neat. I could see the basis for a small 5-10 second cooldown for photon forge if engi was granted wep swap, even just for the Holosmith profession. Would make Rifle Sword Shield pretty cool.

>

> Leave everything the same, the swap button itself has the cooldown.

>

I fear it might get elevated to OP if granted weapon swap without also taking something else away, but it's worth a test.

> @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > > > @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > > > > @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > > > > In terms of mirage, breaking stun, while using a skill while basically you have no idea when the mirage is evading because of mirage cloak, that is also 33% longer than a normal dodge , that dodge happens to not interrupt revive and actions is a verrrrrrrrry bad design, i remember when we QQ-d about drd Dash and they gave us mirage clap clap, dash got nerfed because of reasons and a class like this aint? good joke

> > > > >

> > > > > Oh oh and i forgot superspeed too cos reasons, a class with 1000000x teleport freakin needs it, but be sure anet to not give swiftness or movementspeed bonus to vanilla thief it might be op then, oh and mirage can cleanse condition on dodge too cos reasons

> > > >

> > > > Please list the 10000 teleports andd put them all in one build?

> > > > Mirage removes one condition when dodging

> > > > Gets 1s of superspeed

> > > > And EM has exhaustion on it. Same treatment Daredevil dash got.

> > > > Mirage dodges in place not like the rolling dodge everyone else has ( which imo was a silly concept ). It's the reason for the longer evade.

> > > >

> > > > Yea this thread was doomed from inception. Sorry OP. But too many people like this poster above don't know how classes work. Resort to hyperbole and just ask for nerfs without understanding or logic.

> > > > Hopefully you get civil responses based on logic and understanding but this is the spvp forums, and that generally doesn't exist here.

> > >

> > > Thank you for making your post personal again, however you are the one under every post where mesmer gets mentioned and go there white knigting, mirage is a bad design, and you are defending it so hard that it is hilarious, half of my pvp guildies basically stopped the game cos of it, and now playing wow and other mmos or even switched to diff genres like me, so please continue defending obvious broken mechanics, cos we all now mirage only problem is EM right Solori?

> >

> > Are you going to offer and actual discussion on the topic or just throw out hyperbole and " woe my guildies left" responses? Just curious? And if my calling out your blatant misinformation and uninformed post on the state of a class makes you feel attacked, maybe you should spend less time on the forums complaining and more time playing the game. So that when discussions on classes arise you have more of an informed opinion and not nonsense that can be proven false by a simple google search.

> > Also if you bothered actually doing research on thw subject you would know, besides EM. I find the condition application on multiple classes in this game abhorrent and have called that out as such.

> > Come back and offer a real discussion sometime when you are more informed k

>

> Erm Where did i missinform?

You can misinform with context and hyperbole just as much as you can stating outright falsehoods.

> @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > > Please help ele! Only class i can't pvp :/

> >

> > The problem with ele is far deeper than simple buffs/nerfs, it needs a whole rework.

>

> How so? What, specifically, needs a "rework" (that you can't call it buff/ nerf)?

> Problem with ele is if it want to stay alive, it'll have to sacrifice crucial damage. And if it wants to do damage it'll have to sacrifice survivability to the point of not dealing enough damage to actually put someone down before they can heal/ disengage.

>

> Seems to me a good case of buff/ nerf traits to solve the problem. Specialy not making water line a must to play pvp. Tbh i think some defensive buffs to the other traitlines is a good starting point.

You already named the problems.

Dependency on water and arcane to survive, too many damage modifiers traits that hinders the base damage, the only profession on game that needs to spec a multitude of stats in order to be viable.

All traits need a rework to say the least.

Some things I can think of for thief is buffing Ankle Shot trait to around 15-20% with a 80% chance of crippling and have Sundering Strike either deal 10 stacks of vulnerability or double the duration . Unless an amulet without precision is equipped, the damage and conditions required to utilize them is less effective and intuitive than choosing Practice Tolerance.

As for warrior, the mace skill Tremor really needs a fix for the tracking and/or velocity. I've encountered times when at a certain distance players can just strafe out of the way. Sword skills could use more speed and smoother animations as well, even with Dual Wielding it's still relatively clunky to use in comparison to axe and greatsword skills which deals damage more efficiently.