Troll Keep Claiming

wey daw ming.5784

> @"Handin.4032" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > i doubt any in nsp or sf would leave as such. my guess is, it was lost, not many where on, some quag guild capped and claimed. and the guild that claimed was quagan etc.

> > >

> > > in nsp, atleast for me, we prioritize gari and eb keep. since we cant really hold everything.

> > >

> >

> > I would agree.

> >

> > And if they did the work, they should be able to claim.

>

> While I don't really disagree on that, claiming a keep without being able to put any buffs on it messes up your own server, unless there are really no other guilds online that have buffs that can claim. (To me, it's similar to people who claim objectives but then don't put tacts on themselves because "well anyone can do it anyways..."). Ultimately, a keep claimed by a guild without any buffs is just a tact-factory - so hopefully they at least step up in that regard!

>

>

Yes. I agree that a guild shouldn't do this.

However, that is a server problem, not an Anet problem.

Too many other things to focus their time on.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> may be a mechanic issue. any suggestions a better solution?

>

>

In terms of the claiming without buffs? Maybe allow guilds to "use up" their map claim to put the buff on an unbuffed map. For the activators, I think the only thing that would fix it would be to have anet people actively monitoring WvW stuff. Take data of who pulls tacts and when, and look into anything suspcious. (I.e. the same person always pulling tactivators like EWP right before keeps get contested, or one person pulling a map worth of tactivators in a few minutes, etc). Ultimately, abuse in any mass pvp situation will become rampant when there's effectively no supervision. Heck, I think the same people are flying golems all over the place that have been doing it for ages!

> @"wey daw ming.5784" said:

> > It also has not seemed to impact your ability to hold Garry, as you still have it 25 hours later despite no buffs according to gw2 stats or what was the old mos millennium site.

>

> Well Mag took care of the claim a few minutes ago lol

That's a shame.

25 extra vitality would've probably saved the day

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > Have you tried politely talking to a member of the guild and explaining the situation to them? Because if you haven't there's no evidence of trolling.

>

> Yep tried that didnt work

So, you actually got a response because according to this:

> > > @"wey daw ming.5784" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > > @"wey daw ming.5784" said:

> > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > there is still no option to upgraid claims? maybe that be the solution

> > > > > > This Quag guild has 1 keep ever claimed our garrison and that it. Longest claim it ever has is 15 hours that is our garri. Here is a breakdown of what this guild had claimed

> > > > > > Northern Shiverpeaks 12 (46.15%) 2018-08-07 19:22:38

> > > > > > Fort Aspenwood 9 (34.62%) 2018-06-25 10:51:52

> > > > > > Dragonbrand 2 (7.69%) 2018-07-08 23:11:15

> > > > > > Stormbluff Isle 2 (7.69%) 2018-06-25 07:50:54

> > > > > > Tarnished Coast 1 (3.85%) 2018-02-14 13:44:56

> > > > > > Really the claiming rights should go to the guild on the BL at the time that has the most Auras and if more than 1 has level VIII go by alphabetical order

> > > > >

> > > > > I want to know where you are finding the stats for everything that guild has ever claimed?

> > > >

> > > > ^^. This.

> > > >

> > > > They had claim priority evidently. No one else was willing, or able.

> > > >

> > > > Ask them kindly to claim a camp.

> > > >

> > > > Limits are there for claiming. Evidently no one else wanted that keep.

> > >

> > > I have a excel doc that shows every guild claiming pick a guild ill post what they have done :)

> >

> > No response to the claim priority then?

>

> I have asked them kindly 100 times in team chat they do not respond. They will not show who they are and since I am in wvw about 15 hours a day everyday I would think they would see my plead for the removal :)

They haven't actually answered you. So no actual discussion.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"wey daw ming.5784" said:

> > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > Have you tried politely talking to a member of the guild and explaining the situation to them? Because if you haven't there's no evidence of trolling.

> >

> > Yep tried that didnt work

>

> So, you actually got a response because according to this:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"wey daw ming.5784" said:

> > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > > > @"wey daw ming.5784" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > there is still no option to upgraid claims? maybe that be the solution

> > > > > > > This Quag guild has 1 keep ever claimed our garrison and that it. Longest claim it ever has is 15 hours that is our garri. Here is a breakdown of what this guild had claimed

> > > > > > > Northern Shiverpeaks 12 (46.15%) 2018-08-07 19:22:38

> > > > > > > Fort Aspenwood 9 (34.62%) 2018-06-25 10:51:52

> > > > > > > Dragonbrand 2 (7.69%) 2018-07-08 23:11:15

> > > > > > > Stormbluff Isle 2 (7.69%) 2018-06-25 07:50:54

> > > > > > > Tarnished Coast 1 (3.85%) 2018-02-14 13:44:56

> > > > > > > Really the claiming rights should go to the guild on the BL at the time that has the most Auras and if more than 1 has level VIII go by alphabetical order

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I want to know where you are finding the stats for everything that guild has ever claimed?

> > > > >

> > > > > ^^. This.

> > > > >

> > > > > They had claim priority evidently. No one else was willing, or able.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ask them kindly to claim a camp.

> > > > >

> > > > > Limits are there for claiming. Evidently no one else wanted that keep.

> > > >

> > > > I have a excel doc that shows every guild claiming pick a guild ill post what they have done :)

> > >

> > > No response to the claim priority then?

> >

> > I have asked them kindly 100 times in team chat they do not respond. They will not show who they are and since I am in wvw about 15 hours a day everyday I would think they would see my plead for the removal :)

>

> They haven't actually answered you. So no actual discussion.

Exactly tried talking nice in chat 100 times and no response. There was a discussion I/we asked time and time again but they didnt answer

> > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > Have you tried politely talking to a member of the guild and explaining the situation to them? Because if you haven't there's no evidence of trolling.

> > >

> > > Yep tried that didnt work

> >

> > So, you actually got a response because according to this:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @"wey daw ming.5784" said:

> > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > > > > @"wey daw ming.5784" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > > there is still no option to upgraid claims? maybe that be the solution

> > > > > > > > This Quag guild has 1 keep ever claimed our garrison and that it. Longest claim it ever has is 15 hours that is our garri. Here is a breakdown of what this guild had claimed

> > > > > > > > Northern Shiverpeaks 12 (46.15%) 2018-08-07 19:22:38

> > > > > > > > Fort Aspenwood 9 (34.62%) 2018-06-25 10:51:52

> > > > > > > > Dragonbrand 2 (7.69%) 2018-07-08 23:11:15

> > > > > > > > Stormbluff Isle 2 (7.69%) 2018-06-25 07:50:54

> > > > > > > > Tarnished Coast 1 (3.85%) 2018-02-14 13:44:56

> > > > > > > > Really the claiming rights should go to the guild on the BL at the time that has the most Auras and if more than 1 has level VIII go by alphabetical order

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I want to know where you are finding the stats for everything that guild has ever claimed?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ^^. This.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > They had claim priority evidently. No one else was willing, or able.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ask them kindly to claim a camp.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Limits are there for claiming. Evidently no one else wanted that keep.

> > > > >

> > > > > I have a excel doc that shows every guild claiming pick a guild ill post what they have done :)

> > > >

> > > > No response to the claim priority then?

> > >

> > > I have asked them kindly 100 times in team chat they do not respond. They will not show who they are and since I am in wvw about 15 hours a day everyday I would think they would see my plead for the removal :)

> >

> > They haven't actually answered you. So no actual discussion.

>

> Exactly tried talking nice in chat 100 times and no response. There was a discussion I/we asked time and time again but they didnt answer

Which again, it's a server issue, not an Anet issue.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > Have you tried politely talking to a member of the guild and explaining the situation to them? Because if you haven't there's no evidence of trolling.

> > > >

> > > > Yep tried that didnt work

> > >

> > > So, you actually got a response because according to this:

> > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > @"wey daw ming.5784" said:

> > > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"wey daw ming.5784" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > > > there is still no option to upgraid claims? maybe that be the solution

> > > > > > > > > This Quag guild has 1 keep ever claimed our garrison and that it. Longest claim it ever has is 15 hours that is our garri. Here is a breakdown of what this guild had claimed

> > > > > > > > > Northern Shiverpeaks 12 (46.15%) 2018-08-07 19:22:38

> > > > > > > > > Fort Aspenwood 9 (34.62%) 2018-06-25 10:51:52

> > > > > > > > > Dragonbrand 2 (7.69%) 2018-07-08 23:11:15

> > > > > > > > > Stormbluff Isle 2 (7.69%) 2018-06-25 07:50:54

> > > > > > > > > Tarnished Coast 1 (3.85%) 2018-02-14 13:44:56

> > > > > > > > > Really the claiming rights should go to the guild on the BL at the time that has the most Auras and if more than 1 has level VIII go by alphabetical order

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I want to know where you are finding the stats for everything that guild has ever claimed?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > ^^. This.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > They had claim priority evidently. No one else was willing, or able.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ask them kindly to claim a camp.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Limits are there for claiming. Evidently no one else wanted that keep.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I have a excel doc that shows every guild claiming pick a guild ill post what they have done :)

> > > > >

> > > > > No response to the claim priority then?

> > > >

> > > > I have asked them kindly 100 times in team chat they do not respond. They will not show who they are and since I am in wvw about 15 hours a day everyday I would think they would see my plead for the removal :)

> > >

> > > They haven't actually answered you. So no actual discussion.

> >

> > Exactly tried talking nice in chat 100 times and no response. There was a discussion I/we asked time and time again but they didnt answer

>

> Which again, it's a server issue, not an Anet issue.

*Its anet issue for allowing this to happen. They changed the way you level a guild hall because people complained that it was so hard to get a +5 so now since the change now you can make a junk guild, level it to be able to claim a keep with no auras and troll. What do you not understand about this.

Being an underleveled guild is not a troll.

An underleveled guild heaving claim rights due to largest representation is your own fault

If you simply MUST have all buffs, let the keep flip, problem solved.

> What do you not understand about this.

I suppose they could change it to let a guild with more aura upgrades take over from another guild that has claimed a structure. How possible that is would depend on how easy it is to identify an appropriately upgraded guild.

It would probably be easiest to do it based on guild level, but that's not exactly foolproof. Pretty sure you can get to lvl 40 while barely touching the WvW upgrades.

> @"Overlord RainyDay.2084" said:

> I suppose they could change it to let a guild with more aura upgrades take over from another guild that has claimed a structure. How possible that is would depend on how easy it is to identify an appropriately upgraded guild.

>

> It would probably be easiest to do it based on guild level, but that's not exactly foolproof. Pretty sure you can get to lvl 40 while barely touching the WvW upgrades.

i'm not so familiar with the guild thing, currently we've got ours 25. it's not cheap haha.

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> Whiners gonna whine \o/

but the op wasn't whining, it was a legit concern.