Demolisher's Amulet for open world.

blokejoe.6590

> @"blokejoe.6590" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > at op, have tried pure marauder?

>

> I have done numerous test with toughness and vitality. As a warrior, enduring condition dmg is easy pop resistance done, the warrior is susceptible to direct dmg without endure pain.

warrior has a big health pool and is pretty good at self survival. i asked since i thought you were building a mes.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> Talking about exceptions where marauder is without a doubt better than demolisher. There are exactly 4:

> - you play thief (11k HP)

> - you play ele (11k HP)

> - you play guardian (11k HP)

> - you duell a trailblazer/dire build (deals no direct damage at all)

Those are just the obvious situations where Marauders is better and there are plenty more where Marauders will be the better choice than Demolishers. You can't pick your opponents so generally it is much better to invest in Vitality. It absorbs more damage, works against direct damage and conditions, and doesn't have diminishing returns on investment. There are exceptions to this rule, but in most cases Vitality is the better choice.

I feel like investing fully in toughness is much more of a niche choice and only a few professions and builds can get away with it. I'm not saying toughness should be avoided. I would certainly use Demolishers if it was available, but I would usually invest more heavily in Vitality.

I don't believe crits ignore armor, it's just the effective power used in that hit.

i.e. 2500 power with 200% crit is equal to 5000 power. Versus a 2000 armor target you get a damage multiplier of 2.6/2 = 1.3x compared to tooltip , a critical of 200% would be 2.6x tooltip.

Demolisher's pieces (as opposed to full set) would be ok if revenants running CoR and weaver eles became more rampant but it's a condi meta (scourge + firebrand are popular). The extra health is also better for reapers using shroud.

You'd trade +633 vitality on a full set for +633 toughness.

Right now marauder's has about 15% less power before runes (8% less when accounting for power rune) but the larger difference is the loss of ferocity (Berserker/Valkyrie mixes have +960 ferocity instead of +633 , is about 21% crit damage). Without traits, full zerker + scholar rune is 220% critical hit while marauder+scholar would be ~200%.

For eles, guardians not running Force of will +300 vitality, thieves, and such I think the majority of armor should prioritize vitality.

If demolisher's were put in, it would likely be better to run a few pieces (i.e. +300 armor worth for heavy such as all trinkets + backpiece) in place of soldier's or valkyrie, with the rest marauder's (~15K HP).

Do we really need more powercreep 4 stat armors? Celestial giving some of each stat is fine because it's difficult to focus all extra statpoints you get in a direction. These 4 stat armors ruined mixing different prefixes to achieve the stat spread you want because the "you loose stats" argument always comes up. It is my personal opinion that 4 stat armors should give the same total stat points as 3 stat armor.

For ascended armor it's : 439 , 315 , 315 for 3 stats = 1069 total and for 4-stat it's 376 , 376 , 207 , 207 = total 1166. Maybe what you're proposing is 350,350, 185, 185 for that instance? Or an outright reduction of minor stats only such as 376, 376 , 159, 159 ?

For weapons it is 251 , 179 , 179 = 609 total and for 4-stat weapons it is 215 , 215 , 118 ,118 = 666 total. So it would be 205 , 205, 100, 100? Or would it be 215,215, 90, 90?

Current Total 3 stat major stat = 690 , minor = 494

Current Total 4 stat major stats = 591 , minor = 325 ; under your proposal it would be around 555 and 285 (otherwise an outright reduction of minor stats to 249)

A total loss of just under 100 power would be incurred right now.

* at 15pts of ferocity per 1% critical = 11% critical hit difference from weapons and armor

At 15 pts of expertise per 1% condition duration , it's +20% condition duration

For power builds the loss of the power plus the loss of ferocity is a bigger hit than on condi (trailblazer / viper) , especially due to condition duration (300 minor stat = easily +20% from expertise). If anything it highlights how broken condi damage is as far as stats because it only relies on 2 (condition damage, expertise) rather than 3 things (power , precision, ferocity).