[Suggestion} Make Anniversary Reward Account Based

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never understood deleting any character other than a key farmer (which you'd recreate anyway). At worst they become mules that you don't have to play. Deleting any character that you've had for any length of time just doesn't make sense to me, and I've never done it in any game I've played.

Does anyone have multiple characters with the exact same birthdate? Like some above me, I created several characters on the day I bought the game (which was 1 month after release), but their birthdays are all listed one day apart. I think this might be deliberate on Anet's part.

> @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> I never understood deleting any character other than a key farmer (which you'd recreate anyway). At worst they become mules that you don't have to play. Deleting any character that you've had for any length of time just doesn't make sense to me, and I've never done it in any game I've played.

>

> Does anyone have multiple characters with the exact same birthdate? Like some above me, I created several characters on the day I bought the game (which was 1 month after release), but their birthdays are all listed one day apart. I think this might be deliberate on Anet's part.

GW2efficiency has several of my guys sharing birthdays, which I know is supposed to be the case. It’ll interesting see how it really pans out.

> @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> I never understood deleting any character other than a key farmer (which you'd recreate anyway). At worst they become mules that you don't have to play. Deleting any character that you've had for any length of time just doesn't make sense to me, and I've never done it in any game I've played.

>

> Does anyone have multiple characters with the exact same birthdate? Like some above me, I created several characters on the day I bought the game (which was 1 month after release), but their birthdays are all listed one day apart. I think this might be deliberate on Anet's part.

me. I was finishing off another game I was playing and quickly logged on to save the names I wanted. Maybe 5 of mine will turn 6 on the same day.

> @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> Hey Folks.

>

> The GW2 6 th anniversary is coming. AND with it , it think there will be a new unique reward.

>

> And I wonder ... if the reward will be (finally) granted in term of account anniversary and not character anniversary. basically these kind of aniniversary gifts are unique but still require a character to be as old as your account creation. PLus ... a second character that has the same age doesn't give that unique reward again.

>

> So why not make those unique rewards account related instead of character related ?

>

> Yeah I' m mad cause I deleted my first character looooooooong ago. then I'm one year late while my account is 6 years old (almost)

>

> Looking forward to see your messages ! Cya !

Lisa tiptoes into thread. If you know your serial number, the name of the character, about when it was deleted, and an empty slot you could contact support to see if they can undelete it. Explain to them what happened. Maybe you will be lucky.

Lisa-Slinks out again.

> @"Julischka Bean.7491" said:

> > @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > Hey Folks.

> >

> > The GW2 6 th anniversary is coming. AND with it , it think there will be a new unique reward.

> >

> > And I wonder ... if the reward will be (finally) granted in term of account anniversary and not character anniversary. basically these kind of aniniversary gifts are unique but still require a character to be as old as your account creation. PLus ... a second character that has the same age doesn't give that unique reward again.

> >

> > So why not make those unique rewards account related instead of character related ?

> >

> > Yeah I' m mad cause I deleted my first character looooooooong ago. then I'm one year late while my account is 6 years old (almost)

> >

> > Looking forward to see your messages ! Cya !

>

> Lisa tiptoes into thread. If you know your serial number, the name of the character, about when it was deleted, and an empty slot you could contact support to see if they can undelete it. Explain to them what happened. Maybe you will be lucky.

>

> Lisa-Slinks out again.

I'm pretty sure there's a time limit on when CS can restore something and I'd guess 6yrs is way too long. And if anyone played GW1, you would know to never delete a character. Those birthdays are important.

> @"artemis.6781" said:

> > @"Julischka Bean.7491" said:

> > > @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > > Hey Folks.

> > >

> > > The GW2 6 th anniversary is coming. AND with it , it think there will be a new unique reward.

> > >

> > > And I wonder ... if the reward will be (finally) granted in term of account anniversary and not character anniversary. basically these kind of aniniversary gifts are unique but still require a character to be as old as your account creation. PLus ... a second character that has the same age doesn't give that unique reward again.

> > >

> > > So why not make those unique rewards account related instead of character related ?

> > >

> > > Yeah I' m mad cause I deleted my first character looooooooong ago. then I'm one year late while my account is 6 years old (almost)

> > >

> > > Looking forward to see your messages ! Cya !

> >

> > Lisa tiptoes into thread. If you know your serial number, the name of the character, about when it was deleted, and an empty slot you could contact support to see if they can undelete it. Explain to them what happened. Maybe you will be lucky.

> >

> > Lisa-Slinks out again.

>

> I'm pretty sure there's a time limit on when CS can restore something and I'd guess 6yrs is way too long. And if anyone played GW1, you would know to never delete a character. Those birthdays are important.

Actually i contacted them about my character that i created during pre release and deleted two months after the game was released, they tried multiple times to recreate the character but failed, they still had all the data on said character though! i think someone else has the characters name though so they ultimately couldnt have two characters with the same name!

While I understand this is about getting a gift when your account itself ages, we already get two gifts every time our oldest character ages a year. The character-bound gift, and an account-bound title/backpiece/luminous weapon. I know it's frustrating to have to wait when you've been around just as long as everyone else (I deleted all my early toons in that first month, and now my oldest character is just under a month younger than my account.), but at least we get extra time, so when there's choices to be made for the birthday gifts, you can plan what you choose ahead of time!

My 5 oldest characters have birthdays 1 or 2 days apart, spread out over a week. I originally made them during head start, as soon as the game went live. I created them clicking through character creation as fast as I could, to get the names I wanted. I remade all of them during the first week, so I could spend time customizing their appearance and going over their backstory options. I like what it resulted in: getting a birthday present almost every day for a whole week. :)

We are only 14 days from the first GW2 birthdays! I left work early to log in at the launch (head start that is) so my Ranger and Guardian both will hit 6 on 24 August! So excited!!!! One thing I can say I'd like to see added (if possible) and would love to see it in GW1 too...date of character creation added to our login screen.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> I think this thread should be closed since people are not allowed to talk about the actual birthday gift **yet**.

cause it's not official yet :) and datamining seems like a thing that isn't allowed to talk about on the official forum

ANd that proves you didn't read or understand what this thread was about :)

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> I think this thread should be closed since people are not allowed to talk about the actual birthday gift **yet**.

As the topic itself is not discussing the actual contents of the 6th gift, but is instead discussing the concept of birthday gifts in relation to account unlocks being included in these gifts and locked behind a multi-year time-gate, the thread is fine and should not be closed.

(Though perhaps a thread title change to something more descriptive of what is being discussed may be something to consider.)

What should actually happen is for individual posts by those who insist on commenting about what is sure to be the 6th gift as discovered via data-mining/Chinese client to be reported for removal as they are violating several rules (disrespecting the thread creator by derailing their discussion; discussing unreleased, data-mined content).

So mods should leave the thread to discuss what it is discussing, but take a minute to clean up/remove the posts that are breaking rules.

People act like getting the account bound gift will be game breaking. Hell, I deleted 7 of 9 characters a year ago, 6 of whom were over 4 years old, 1 of which was the character I made the second the servers went live. It's fluff. It doesn't cure cancer, it isn't going to help you retire, sure it's nice to have, but this is just entertainment.

I never understood why people get so bent out of shape that someone got (or didn't get) pixels they don't have yet. It would be differrent if the anniversary gifts gave you +100 to all your stats, but we aren't playing that type of game. Calm down folks.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"StinVec.3621" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > I think this thread should be closed since people are not allowed to talk about the actual birthday gift **yet**.

>

> As the topic itself is not discussing the actual contents of the 6th gift, but is instead discussing the concept of birthday gifts in relation to account unlocks being included in these gifts and locked behind a multi-year time-gate, the thread is fine and should not be closed.

> (Though perhaps a thread title change to something more descriptive of what is being discussed may be something to consider.)

>

> What should actually happen is for individual posts by those who insist on commenting about what is sure to be the 6th gift as discovered via data-mining/Chinese client to be reported for removal as they are violating several rules (disrespecting the thread creator by derailing their discussion; discussing unreleased, data-mined content).

>

> So mods should leave the thread to discuss what it is discussing, but take a minute to clean up/remove the posts that are breaking rules.

That's exactly correct, and thank you! As far as I can tell, the remaining comments are acceptable and in accordance with our Forums Code of Conduct. There is no need to lock this thread, and those whose comments were removed need to take on board they posted unacceptable content and it was properly removed.

I will ask the Mod Team to take another pass through this thread, but if someone sees something that's in breach of the rules, please report so we can, as SV suggests, respect the thread creators and, not incidentally, the people creating content for the game.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> People act like getting the account bound gift will be game breaking. Hell, I deleted 7 of 9 characters a year ago, 6 of whom were over 4 years old, 1 of which was the character I made the second the servers went live. It's fluff. It doesn't cure cancer, it isn't going to help you retire, sure it's nice to have, but this is just entertainment.

> I never understood why people get so bent out of shape that someone got (or didn't get) pixels they don't have yet. It would be differrent if the anniversary gifts gave you +100 to all your stats, but we aren't playing that type of game. Calm down folks.

You made me smile. Because honestly, I joke with devs about wanting "+100 to everything" on a fairly regular basis.

Funny, they turn me down every single time. :D