Suggestion (PC Spec)

Hello guys i have a quick question.

My pc config goes like this

Cpu: Amd fx-6300 3.5ghz 6 core

Graphic card: Amd rx-480 4gb 256 bit

Ram: 8 gb

motherboard : GIGABYTE MB - SOCKET AM3+ GA-970A-DS3P

i know that my cpu is not enough for my graphic so i need your help to suggest me how can i upgrade my pc spec so that i can have no lag when massive players are around and have stabile 40-60 fps

Thank you in advance !

That would depend on what you mean by "massive players", as if you are talking WvW zerg vs zerg, you will probably never get that lag free, I don't care what PC you build. You could upgrade to something else on the AM3+ socket, but you are only looking at some clock speed bumps, which would help, don't get me wrong, but you are very limited to something like an FX-8530, but it does have a higher base and turbo speed and/or OC your current CPU.

Outside of that your other better options will be far more money, as you would be looking at an almost total rebuild and going Intel, even the low end quad core i3 Intel from the newest gen will absolutely kill your current CPU. But would require a new mobo and ram as well.

> @"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:

> That would depend on what you mean by "massive players", as if you are talking WvW zerg vs zerg, you will probably never get that lag free, I don't care what PC you build. You could upgrade to something else on the AM3+ socket, but you are only looking at some clock speed bumps, which would help, don't get me wrong, but you are very limited to something like an FX-8530, but it does have a higher base and turbo speed and/or OC your current CPU.

>

> Outside of that your other better options will be far more money, as you would be looking at an almost total rebuild and going Intel, even the low end quad core i3 Intel from the newest gen will absolutely kill your current CPU. But would require a new mobo and ram as well.

Thank you very much for your time to read this post.

I know that i didn't get you enough details ,as massive players i meant when i am doing events and so on.

For the pc i somehow knew that i could only upgrade it to a fx-8350 but im wondering if i would change let say motherboard for the am4+ socket what cpu would you suggest me? cause im always starting from the cpu.

again thank you !

> @"Kunra.4397" said:

> > @"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:

> > That would depend on what you mean by "massive players", as if you are talking WvW zerg vs zerg, you will probably never get that lag free, I don't care what PC you build. You could upgrade to something else on the AM3+ socket, but you are only looking at some clock speed bumps, which would help, don't get me wrong, but you are very limited to something like an FX-8530, but it does have a higher base and turbo speed and/or OC your current CPU.

> >

> > Outside of that your other better options will be far more money, as you would be looking at an almost total rebuild and going Intel, even the low end quad core i3 Intel from the newest gen will absolutely kill your current CPU. But would require a new mobo and ram as well.

>

> Thank you very much for your time to read this post.

> I know that i didn't get you enough details ,as massive players i meant when i am doing events and so on.

> For the pc i somehow knew that i could only upgrade it to a fx-8350 but im wondering if i would change let say motherboard for the am4+ socket what cpu would you suggest me? cause im always starting from the cpu.

> again thank you !

Why would you go back to another AMD platform? As going AM4 will still mean needing to get DDR4 RAM, same as a new Intel build, but you will get far better results with the Intel build. AMD has become competitive again in the CPU market, however they are only a value right now due to core/thread count, but most games don't care about having 16+ threads, they care about high IPC, clock speed and about 4 cores, in the case of GW2, it's actually about 3 cores and only a single thread that is the main FPS cap that can not the split into parallel. As such, Intel is the king when it comes to max FPS in GW2. Not saying the newest AMD CPUs will not do leaps and bounds better than your current CPU, you will however be giving up some FPS in GW2 if you go AMD over Intel. If that is ok with you, or you have other use cases outside of GW2, then go for it.

Choice for AMD will be a Ryzen 5 2600X, the extra cores of the 7 line wont do much for GW2 gaming.

Intel would be the i5 8600K, budget side would be the i3 8100.