Necromancers and Raids

Nimon.7840

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > Guess all raiders want that statement. Or at least all raiding necromancers.

> > So just answer this question:

> >

> > Why is necro not allowed to have either:

> > 1. Around the same DPS that all other classes do

> > 2. Have proper support that is desirable in raids

> >

> > So specifically, dont you want necromancers to be able to raid?

> >

> >

> > I'm curious. Necro was never intended to be anywhere near good in raidscene.

> >

> > Hot release:

> >

> > Shambling horrors: unintended, nerfed into oblivion

> >

> >

> > POF release:

> >

> > Dhuumfire bug: unintended, fixed very fast

> >

> > Epi bounce: unintended, nerfed to the ground, so epi sometimes can't even kill trash anymore. In addition made almost all conditions builds pretty bad so everyone is playing power again = indirect nerf to epi

> >

> >

> > So from hot release until today, necro was only wanted 3 times for a very short duration before nerfs/ fixes came that pushed necro out of real viability again.

> >

> > If the current design keeps you from giving necro more dmg or support, why can't necro get a rework like mesmer and thief did? A rework esp. For deathshroud or shroud mechanic is wanted and asked for by so many necro main players, that its strange why nothing happens.

> >

> > But for the time being, just answer these questions please

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Do the developers actually answer questions in threads like these? I'm very curious to know.

I think any game dev knows better than to answer questions in the specific way they are posed by the OP. Besides, the questions are assuming too much about the game to start with and are clearly framed in a way to prove something. No one should be assuming necros don't have the same damage as other classes because they aren't 'allowed' to and maybe Anet does think Necro has 'proper support desirable for raids'. Anything but a negative answer to the questions is just asking for a big argument.

I think the more valid questions are related to whether Anet believes the current capabilities of all classes are appropriate for meta-compliant raiders.