Charge use on aoe attks

Jski.6180

Is there a way to let charges use on aoe to only eat 1 charge per attk or pulse vs how the attk eat a charge per person? I ask because often attks are aoe on some level and charge effects like arcain power or thf venom become self counter by hitting the wrong person after your target was hit eating up more of the charge then you want.

The ideal is to tie the charge to the skill or hit it self say you put venom on an arrow you use up that venom when you shot that arrow even if it hits more then one person. For arcain power it would be on fire ball hitting 3 targets at best but only eating up 1 charge making ele aoe not as counter productive from such effects.

We can apply this to sigil of intelligence as well or any effect that apply when you attk or use skills but have no control over to eat a charge on an attk or not.

But doesn't also make multi-hit skills insanely over powered when venoms have a flat affect per hit, and an attack can hit multiple targets or strike multiple times? A bounce arrow can stun the same person twice, and can you imagine what would happen if cast on an Ele with meteor shower? Even Guardian Torch could rip stab and stun lock a small group with just one cast.

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> But doesn't also make multi-hit skills insanely over powered when venoms have a flat affect per hit, and an attack can hit multiple targets or strike multiple times? A bounce arrow can stun the same person twice, and can you imagine what would happen if cast on an Ele with meteor shower? Even Guardian Torch could rip stab and stun lock a small group with just one cast.

I should of been more clear on what i mean the though is to have one charge eaten up when you hit with one attk so if your using a multiple strike it will eat up a charge per hit in that multiple strike but if the hit is aoe then all hit with that aoe per pulse eats up only 1 charge. My example of fire ball would eat up one charge even if it hits 3 ppl such as MS would eat up 1 charge per rock that hits not per MS it self. Your guardian doing torch would eat up a charge per pulse of the fire breath. As for the bouncing hits would be per hit as a bounce hit is a pulsing attk that simply moves.

It would not change single target balancing but would help any type of aoe hits.

Added note: If your team is standing in an cone aoe clumped up then you should pay greatly as aoe should be a counter to stacking because it makes aoe skills stronger that part of tactics.