What is your Firebrand build?

Cave Rock.4869

after reading new changes i decide i wanted to create a support build. Focus was high boon duration and healing power, sadly couldn´t find a stat combo i liked (perfect combo would be healing power and consecration main and then condi +power or condi + precision.)

TLDR: This is build focusing on healing and boon duration. Build will be able to keep up perma quickness, regen, protection and swiftness. Same time you also able to out put a good amount of aegis and stability(+self vigor!). So defensive wise build is already strong, but it is also filled up with healing abilities and offensive support, i am also close to being able to might cap, even if not perma, it isn´t to far off thanks to staff and mantra of potence.

Only boon it lacks acces to is fury and some stuff that either class exclusive or new (alacrati, barrier, auras and so on)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWnsADlBhFBDuDB0EhlHCbveuP/nZvn5TGALA0A+AA-jxx/wADV/JzTAooyvg6DMqEEwpAQw+DiCwrA-e

Runes: Went with leadership because it was highest boon duration. If i can find a good stat combo in PoF, i could maybe change to something else.

Sigils: Went for straight up healing and boon duration. Now boon duration is sadly only up 70% of time, if i weapon swap everytime possible (7sec duration per weapon swap) Again with stat combo that has main stat consecration i might be able to drop that last sigil.

Weapon:

mace and shield: All skills offer some sort of support be it healing, aegis or protection

Staff: 3 skills offer some sort of healing, but also good amount might and swiftness. Tiny bit of light aura

Healing: Went with mantra for aegis and they increased the scaling for release.

Utility:

Bow of truth: Always love this skill, yet hard to work into any build i made so far and with ammo count change, it feels alot more usefull for on command healing

merciful intervention: Some movement help with a good big heal on top.

Mantra of potence: to help with keeping quickness up and with staff i am actually close to able to keep up 25might by myself.

Elite: signet of courage or renewed focus, depending on if you want passive healing or higher use of tomes.

Traits:

Firebrand: getting more pages to improve tomes, because of duration the quickness from tomes can actually more or less give perma quickness(A bit depending on situation). Again more improvement to tomes so we can get perma regen and proctection. And last major trait it is either keep passive healing or buff damage output with quickfire.

Virtues: I am going in here to simpelly improve my tomes with stuff like lower cooldown, chance to reset justice, some boons, better resolve passive i share with party and so on.

Honor: Here i going for more added healing from dodging, aegis and symbol. But same time adding vigor, 15% endurance regen and some increase healing from blocking

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my build wich i will try out. I'm really bad at all of this theroycrafting things. Hopfully this will work for me in solo PvE/open world. Try to build around blinds and aegis for survivabilty. Also want to focus on stacking burn to the mobs. I can't really figure out if it's better to get the all the quickness traits or take some others. what i do for first. Also don't know if the runes are the best for my intention. Maybe someone has an advice to me how i can improve the build at all.

[gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAnf8ensADdBjlCBGBDkCjl4BrKAslqXWbgXwjaPmWT7pA-jxhAQBA4MAAQ9DwY/BQq8LCPEAbqEEiq/AA-e](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAnf8ensADdBjlCBGBDkCjl4BrKAslqXWbgXwjaPmWT7pA-jxhAQBA4MAAQ9DwY/BQq8LCPEAbqEEiq/AA-e "gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAnf8ensADdBjlCBGBDkCjl4BrKAslqXWbgXwjaPmWT7pA-jxhAQBA4MAAQ9DwY/BQq8LCPEAbqEEiq/AA-e")

> @Brate.8406 said:

> @Cave Rock.4869

> Thanks,

> It is a build I can realistically build. I don't play enough to have full ascended on all of my characters nor do I worry about 100% food up time (I consider that kind of stuff a "bonus" to the base build").

Brate, I guess for my own benefit and other i wanted to see the build in its full potential. I understand though for people that play casually exotics are just fine. Ascended or Legendary sets are just for those folks that have the gold and time to invest for a marginal increase in stats. Some of us just like to play fashion wars also :)

Once again thank, Brate good luck out there in the Crystal Desert and Elona.

> @nuaa.4962 said:

> after reading new changes i decide i wanted to create a support build. Focus was high boon duration and healing power, sadly couldn´t find a stat combo i liked (perfect combo would be healing power and consecration main and then condi +power or condi + precision.)

>

> TLDR: This is build focusing on healing and boon duration. Build will be able to keep up perma quickness, regen, protection and swiftness. Same time you also able to out put a good amount of aegis and stability(+self vigor!). So defensive wise build is already strong, but it is also filled up with healing abilities and offensive support, i am also close to being able to might cap, even if not perma, it isn´t to far off thanks to staff and mantra of potence.

> Only boon it lacks acces to is fury and some stuff that either class exclusive or new (alacrati, barrier, auras and so on)

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWnsADlBhFBDuDB0EhlHCbveuP/nZvn5TGALA0A+AA-jxx/wADV/JzTAooyvg6DMqEEwpAQw+DiCwrA-e

>

> Runes: Went with leadership because it was highest boon duration. If i can find a good stat combo in PoF, i could maybe change to something else.

>

> Sigils: Went for straight up healing and boon duration. Now boon duration is sadly only up 70% of time, if i weapon swap everytime possible (7sec duration per weapon swap) Again with stat combo that has main stat consecration i might be able to drop that last sigil.

>

> Weapon:

> mace and shield: All skills offer some sort of support be it healing, aegis or protection

> Staff: 3 skills offer some sort of healing, but also good amount might and swiftness. Tiny bit of light aura

>

> Healing: Went with mantra for aegis and they increased the scaling for release.

>

> Utility:

> Bow of truth: Always love this skill, yet hard to work into any build i made so far and with ammo count change, it feels alot more usefull for on command healing

> merciful intervention: Some movement help with a good big heal on top.

> Mantra of potence: to help with keeping quickness up and with staff i am actually close to able to keep up 25might by myself.

>

> Elite: signet of courage or renewed focus, depending on if you want passive healing or higher use of tomes.

>

> Traits:

> Firebrand: getting more pages to improve tomes, because of duration the quickness from tomes can actually more or less give perma quickness(A bit depending on situation). Again more improvement to tomes so we can get perma regen and proctection. And last major trait it is either keep passive healing or buff damage output with quickfire.

> Virtues: I am going in here to simpelly improve my tomes with stuff like lower cooldown, chance to reset justice, some boons, better resolve passive i share with party and so on.

> Honor: Here i going for more added healing from dodging, aegis and symbol. But same time adding vigor, 15% endurance regen and some increase healing from blocking

Hey Nuaa, Once again we meet :) Thanks for sharing your build i really appreciate it. I also love playing support Guardian and have set my sights on playing a Firebrand with the same play-style.

Here is my adapted build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWnsADtChFBDOCDkCjlFCD7CUBKBXBgHwAYvfOQToA-jFSDQBCU9HJcKFkoyP6t/AAeQAhUJI3OCByTfz6gDg1qW1WL1Wbt1u2art2ar1Aqt2art2art2arVKgvWpB-w

Here was my original Guardian shout build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWl8AhWhY/OwUIwPEHLEU++7v/4LUhScDwDGAA-jFSDQBCU9H5pvRiK/CpSQ6t/A3OCBS4UKAgHEw6gDg1qW1WL1Wbt1u2art2ar1Aqt2art2art2arVKgvWpB-w

I personally still want to find a balance between those to builds. This new build should have incredible boon sharing and high condition cleansing. Plus be tanky and survivable so that i can continue to support and rez my friends or allies in WvW. In SPvP i have had moderate success with this build up until platinum rank, but it can be a bit hit and miss at times, as it depends on the opponents and team players that i get to go up against or support.

One thing i am having trouble with is finding that right balance between mantras and shouts. Plus i am missing the 15% extra boon duration but i don't want to go staff mastery trait in honor because i want to keep the aegis heals on a block.

Any idea Nuaa you seem to be one interested in support builds as well. Perhaps Brutaly might save us?

> @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

>

> Any idea Nuaa you seem to be one interested in support builds as well. Perhaps Brutaly might save us?

I am interrested support firebrand, because i like having build option and i do come from hardcore raid healing before GW2 original release. But i am "LET THE WORLD BURN" forcing burn guardian type first ;)

Sadly never tried support guardian in beta spvp (i do not play wvw). All i can say is your build will be pain to kill, high toughness, high healing, ok vit, alot of good boons, condi cleanse and when you proc quickness you add another 250 healing and toughness......

Though there is no damage in this build really (other then might, quickness and 250condi from that minor trait)

But with only 1 shout, is Pure of Voice really worth it? I can understand it in the old build where you had tons of shouts, but to me 300vit +10% healing or bigger + longer + healing symbols just sounds like better option there. And if you feel stab is already good i would even drop that last shout, for something else. Personal favorit for me in spvp always been wall of reflection, even if they stop shooting, it often gives you some space vs range to change into tomes or recast mantras if you had to use that last ammo.

Nuaa, yeah with the first build i linked, i have very much so considered that trait which gives increased out going healing based upon vitality. It looks to be the way to go for the mantra utility setup. Also i just found these so called Firebrand runes on the guild wars 2 wiki not sure if it will launch but check this out.

Also yeah the build is purely support and has little to no damage. But if your group has people that do damage and you keep them alive all the time, trust me it works out to be in your favor to play the best complimentary build that you possibly can at that specific time.

In the past i have played with 3 friends in WvW and we managed to beat 10-15 enemies just because i kept them alive and constantly cleared conditions plus gave off half decent heals. The other most likely were on the past version of a mantra Mesmer also great condition management at that time, Engineer with awesome condition burst and a condition damage warrior with resistance. So we managed to hold our own against great numbers of enemies in WvW.

I plan to try and better the amount of support that i can provide for my friends and allies in both WvW and SPvP

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Firebrand

Nuaa maybe as the burn Firebrand spec is your favorite this might be right up your ally or cup of tea :) enjoy.

> I personally still want to find a balance between those to builds. This new build should have incredible boon sharing and high condition cleansing. Plus be tanky and survivable so that i can continue to support and rez my friends or allies in WvW. In SPvP i have had moderate success with this build up until platinum rank, but it can be a bit hit and miss at times, as it depends on the opponents and team players that i get to go up against or support.

>

> One thing i am having trouble with is finding that right balance between mantras and shouts. Plus i am missing the 15% extra boon duration but i don't want to go staff mastery trait in honor because i want to keep the aegis heals on a block.

>

What if you dropped Mantra of Lore and picked up either Retreat or Hold the Line instead? You'd lose a bit of condi cleanse in exchange for more/different boons.

I haven't touched support guardian since pre-HoTs but I'm very excited to give it a fresh look with the Firebrand.

> > @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > > @Alchimist.4738 said:

> > > [Tank/Support for Raids/Fractals](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWnsADtDhtCBWCBEEhlBCbfhGRvoYZgSQcyKAMtKAA-jxxGQBDZ/BCq8jeq/QunAoPIXnAAAcIAmoSwAAHAv39u/eg7v/+7v/+a/93f/93f/9v/epA8alG-e "Tank/Support for Raids/Fractals")

> > >

> > > I’d take Radiance if I’m within a group dedicated to Condition Damage, otherwise either [Valor ](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWnsADtDhtCBGBD8DhFGC7qY1lCAYHgJwXaPf+PLoA-jxxGQBEU5XuOBAk7JA6Don6PDZ/hJqEEAHCg7BCAjIBYbbrabbbTkCwrVaA-e "Valor ")for more Aegis sharing and more self-healing, or [Virtue ](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWnsADtDhtCBGBD8DhlHCLr9MfyA7zz8ZAFLA0AySA-jxxGQBEU5XuOBAk7JA6Don6PDZ/BAcIAmoSwAAHAv39u/eg7v/+7v/+a/93f/93f/9v/epA8alG-e "Virtue ")to have decreased cooldown on Tomes and more damage when you’ve Aegis, I think it’s more worth it to take Loremaster if you go Virtue.

> > > If you have enough Quickness you can take Renewed Focus to have an easier access to Tomes and 3sec. of invulnerability, or Signet of Courage for better healing, or Mantra of Liberation if you don’t have a Tempest with Gale Song.

> > > If you don’t go Radiance you can take Mantra of Potence instead of Signet of Wrath, and definitely get rid of Feel My Wrath, or you can take Wall of Reflection or Hallowed Ground if needed, eventually you can also take Mantra of Lore against heavy condition fights, or take the Pure of Voice trait. Merciful Intervention can be replaced by Bow of Truth, depending on your need for teleportation.

> > >

> > > This build will allow in Raids for one Chronomancer and one Druid to go for a more damage oriented build, or eventually, and that’s a big eventually, take a power Soulbeast with Frost Spirit + Spotter instead of the Druid, or more likely a cSoulbeast with Sun Spirit, but the Chronomancer can’t really be replaced, as Renegade doesn’t share enough Alacrity and Ventari will compete against the Firebrand for healing. Otherwise it might be a good substitute for Druid in Fractals, particularly in groups focused around Condition Damage.

> > >

> > > I honestly think this build would be more viable if Resolution and Courage had decreased cooldowns, respectively around 25sec. and 45sec., and if Azure Sun was a blast finisher for Resolution, but I’ll still try it within my guild.

> >

> > This sounds exciting, I've got Ascended Hammer, Mace, Axe, (Shield,Scepter,Shield Trahearne Weapon), Ascended Power Trinkets I'm sure I can make a tank out of this!

> >

> > Guardian used to be my main before Reaper, will this build be Power I hope?

>

> It looks to be minimal power damage but draw agro and support the melee fighters. So it really only does minimal dps to make it clear. But roles like this can be important in a PvE situation.

Darn, I was hoping for something on par with the current Hammer Build, as long as it doesn't hit like a wet Noodle and you still kill things fast enough that they don't melt through your tankiness then I'd give it a go. If there's one thing I've learned recently after an expansion of playing a Reaper it's that you can have all the self healing from Blood and Tankiness from Death Magic but if you're not killing things fast enough if you get a mob around you then you're screwed unless you're going Glass Cannon and killing them first (while still having some self healing/tankiness).

[Condition damage Firebrand for PvE](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVEQNAnfRnsADFBjdBDWCBEEhl4BrKAslGA7t0b6O1aD8CeUA-jxhAQBXT5X00DAgnAQ1U/BG7PYTlgQ7UAEA4AY8iHAjP+4jP+4t94jP+4jP+4jP+4lCYRlVA-e "Condition damage Firebrand"):

- Balthazar Runes (45% burn duration)

- Sigil of Smoldering (20% burn duration)

- Radiant Fire Trait (20% burn duration)

- Rare Veggie Pizza (6.67% burn duration)

- Viper Backpack (8.47% burn duration)

Total of 100% burn duration.

- Sinister Armor+Weapons+Trinkets (Malign Infusions)

- Sigil of Bursting

Total condition damage = 2325 (not including buffs like Might which could increase it by 750)

Burning does 0,155 (Factor) x 2325 = 360 + 131 (Base burn damage at lvl 80) = 491 burn damage per stack (not including Might, Vulnerability, Banners or Pinpoint Distribution).

Radiance and Firebrand specializations are a must. You can pick either Zeal or Virtues depending on whether you want more single target DPS or AOE & lower cool downs on Tomes. Not sure about the off-hand weapon. Like mentioned in another thread we don't have another condition weapon so camping axe & torch might be more effective. You could take Scepter / Torch on swap in case you have to range.

You could replace all sinister armor/trinket/weapon pieces (except viper backpack) with seraph and get a more supportive build with higher healing power and boon duration. You will still maintain the 100% burn duration since all of the burn duration comes from runes, sigil and trait. You could then take mace + shield (perhaps with sigil of concentration) on off-hand to switch to support whenever it is needed in combat. You would have around 1900 Condition Damage but on top of that 40% boon duration and 600 Healing Power. The downside is that you will lose out on a lot of power stat.

Nuaa, yeah with the first build i linked i have very much so considered that trait which gives increased out going healing based upon vitality. It looks to be the way to go for the mantra setup. Also i just found these so called Firebrand runes on the guild wars 2 wiki not sure if it will launch but check this out.

Also yeah the build is purely support and has little to no damage. But if you group has people that do damage and you keep them alive all the time, trust me it works out to be in your favour to play the best complimentary build that you possibly can.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Firebrand

Nuaa maybe as the burn Firebrand spec is your favorite this might be right up your ally or cup of tea :) enjoy.

> @Noah.4756 said:

> [Condition damage Firebrand for PvE](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVEQNAnfRnsADFBjdBDWCBEEhl4BrKAslGA7t0b6O1aD8CeUA-jxhAQBXT5X00DAgnAQ1U/BG7PYTlgQ7UAEA4AY8iHAjP+4jP+4t94jP+4jP+4jP+4lCYRlVA-e "Condition damage Firebrand"):

>

> - Balthazar Runes (45% burn duration)

> - Sigil of Smoldering (20% burn duration)

> - Radiant Fire Trait (20% burn duration)

> - Rare Veggie Pizza (6.67% burn duration)

> - Viper Backpack (8.47% burn duration)

>

> Total of 100% burn duration.

>

> - Sinister Armor+Weapons+Trinkets (Malign Infusions)

> - Sigil of Bursting

>

> Total condition damage = 2325 (not including buffs like Might which could increase it by 750)

>

> Burning does 0,155 (Factor) x 2325 = 360 + 131 (Base burn damage at lvl 80) = 491 burn damage per stack (not including Might, Vulnerability, Banners or Pinpoint Distribution).

>

> Radiance and Firebrand specializations are a must. You can pick either Zeal or Virtues depending on whether you want more single target DPS or AOE & lower cool downs on Tomes. Not sure about the off-hand weapon. Like mentioned in another thread we don't have another condition weapon so camping axe & torch might be more effective. You could take Scepter / Torch on swap in case you have to range.

>

> You could replace all sinister armor/trinket/weapon pieces (except viper backpack) with seraph and get a more supportive build with higher healing power and boon duration. You will still maintain the 100% burn duration since all of the burn duration comes from runes, sigil and trait. You could then take mace + shield (perhaps with sigil of concentration) on off-hand to switch to support whenever it is needed in combat. You would have around 1900 Condition Damage but on top of that 40% boon duration and 600 Healing Power. The downside is that you will lose out on a lot of power stat.

Thanks heaps Noah for sharing your insightful and well thought out build theory-crafting. I will check it out a bit more once the Aurora Peachy twitch stream concludes.

I'm sure this build or something similar has been posted but I will post it anyway. Just a quick overview this build is intended to be a full support for a 5man wvw comp.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWnsADtChFBDOCD8DhlHCDLA0AyS71z8ZAN79MfqPA-jVSDQBCU9nQqEUiK/42BIYe7PIhTpAAOQAy7BA6bW4RAIAACwP7z+8n5zf+zf+n/8n/8n/sr7zf+zf+zf+zf+zfWKA/WpB-w

With this build set up I can have quickness up on the party almost the entire time of the fight. I know there's a pretty big debate on mantras currently but imho...I feel a support firebrand is played best with just tomes swapping. What I mean by that is you can self sustain your entire party by just using the tomes. the variety each tome brings is pretty awesome. The amount of condition clear and healing provided from resolve is very strong. The hard condition counter in courage tome 4 makes pushing/converting downs or even dealing with an enemy ball comp condi bomb very doable. The mantras imo are added goodies for a support guard. I run the quickness mantra as a filler almost in-between all my other ways of providing quickness or if we get boon ripped I have another source to get it back on my team. Same deal for the condi clear mantra. During the test weekend I never found myself using all 3 charges. It wasn't worth it or even needed with all the other skills I have. So the fact i can just keep recharging my cast count makes those mantras a very strong "oh shit" style skills. I personally have not tried the mantra heal but will be doing so with the increase to it. BTW some numbers you may not see with the correct rotation on this build you can get 100% increased out going healing. Also people will day boon duration is low but either concentration into staff for an extra 33% for 7secs pushes you right up there. Now someone is more then welcome to double check these numbers but from what I saw at 100% out going healing increase that would push aegis pop heals to over 2k. If I did my numbers right(was really late last night) then I believe the mantra heals would b 6900 in total(casting all 3 charges) to your party member. The self heal would be higher to you(not sure how much they buffed the increase). Not to mention every other skill that heals is boosted As well as the Dodge roll healing. This build is extremely broke if you put 2 in the party together. 1 guard would go resolve tome and provide condi clear and heals while the other guard sits in course providing stab/resist and then using the mantras in-between cooldowns as fillers. But seems like you all have good builds hope you all enjoy the class. O7

> @Hadan.2841 said:

> I'm sure this build or something similar has been posted but I will post it anyway. Just a quick overview this build is intended to be a full support for a 5man wvw comp.

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWnsADtChFBDOCD8DhlHCDLA0AyS71z8ZAN79MfqPA-jVSDQBCU9nQqEUiK/42BIYe7PIhTpAAOQAy7BA6bW4RAIAACwP7z+8n5zf+zf+n/8n/8n/sr7zf+zf+zf+zf+zfWKA/WpB-w

>

> With this build set up I can have quickness up on the party almost the entire time of the fight. I know there's a pretty big debate on mantras currently but imho...I feel a support firebrand is played best with just tomes swapping. What I mean by that is you can self sustain your entire party by just using the tomes. the variety each tome brings is pretty awesome. The amount of condition clear and healing provided from resolve is very strong. The hard condition counter in courage tome 4 makes pushing/converting downs or even dealing with an enemy ball comp condi bomb very doable. The mantras imo are added goodies for a support guard. I run the quickness mantra as a filler almost in-between all my other ways of providing quickness or if we get boon ripped I have another source to get it back on my team. Same deal for the condi clear mantra. During the test weekend I never found myself using all 3 charges. It wasn't worth it or even needed with all the other skills I have. So the fact i can just keep recharging my cast count makes those mantras a very strong "oh kitten" style skills. I personally have not tried the mantra heal but will be doing so with the increase to it. BTW some numbers you may not see with the correct rotation on this build you can get 100% increased out going healing. Also people will day boon duration is low but either concentration into staff for an extra 33% for 7secs pushes you right up there. Now someone is more then welcome to double check these numbers but from what I saw at 100% out going healing increase that would push aegis pop heals to over 2k. If I did my numbers right(was really late last night) then I believe the mantra heals would b 6900 in total(casting all 3 charges) to your party member. The self heal would be higher to you(not sure how much they buffed the increase). Not to mention every other skill that heals is boosted As well as the Dodge roll healing. This build is extremely broke if you put 2 in the party together. 1 guard would go resolve tome and provide condi clear and heals while the other guard sits in course providing stab/resist and then using the mantras in-between cooldowns as fillers. But seems like you all have good builds hope you all enjoy the class. O7

Hadan, you legend for posting another build. Are we all HYPED, Path of Fire is launching in like almost 2 hours. Keep up the good work Firebrands. Now back to Aurora Peachy's pre twitch stream.

> @Noah.4756 said:

> [Condition damage Firebrand for PvE](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVEQNAnfRnsADFBjdBDWCBEEhl4BrKAslGA7t0b6O1aD8CeUA-jxhAQBXT5X00DAgnAQ1U/BG7PYTlgQ7UAEA4AY8iHAjP+4jP+4t94jP+4jP+4jP+4lCYRlVA-e "Condition damage Firebrand"):

>

> - Balthazar Runes (45% burn duration)

> - Sigil of Smoldering (20% burn duration)

> - Radiant Fire Trait (20% burn duration)

> - Rare Veggie Pizza (6.67% burn duration)

> - Viper Backpack (8.47% burn duration)

>

> Total of 100% burn duration.

How do you get 8.47% burning duration from a Viper backpack? It has less than 30 expertise.

You can get 100% burning duration, though, by using Bowl of Fire Meat Chili (15% burning duration), instead of Pizza.

> @RabbitUp.8294 said:

> How do you get 8.47% burning duration from a Viper backpack? It has less than 30 expertise.

>

> You can get 100% burning duration, though, by using Bowl of Fire Meat Chili (15% burning duration), instead of Pizza.

Ah yeah. I made an error there adding rare veggie pizza + viper backpack together somehow. Bowl of Fire Meat Chili would solve that without needing the Viper backpack. Alternatively, using a viper helmet, shoulders and amulet grants 123 expertise for 99,99% burn duration. Then you could use rare veggie pizza for higher condition damage if I'm not mistaken.

> @Noah.4756 said:

> Alternatively, using a viper helmet, shoulders and amulet grants 123 expertise for 99,99% burn duration. Then you could use rare veggie pizza for higher condition damage if I'm not mistaken.

That's what I was testing actually. You get about 40 more power and condition damage, at the loss of 100 or so precision.

Sinister is kind of a weird set, I'm not sure whether sacrificing all your ferocity for a bit more condi damage is worth it, because axe has some good power damage for a condi weapon, comparable to sword. Then again, sinister is so easy to get, and we don't know how much of a pain getting Griever's trinkets will be.

> @RabbitUp.8294 said:

> > @Noah.4756 said:

> > Alternatively, using a viper helmet, shoulders and amulet grants 123 expertise for 99,99% burn duration. Then you could use rare veggie pizza for higher condition damage if I'm not mistaken.

>

> That's what I was testing actually. You get about 40 more power and condition damage, at the loss of 100 or so precision.

>

> Sinister is kind of a weird set, I'm not sure whether sacrificing all your ferocity for a bit more condi damage is worth it, because axe has some good power damage for a condi weapon, comparable to sword. Then again, sinister is so easy to get, and we don't know how much of a pain getting Griever's trinkets will be.

Do you guys want to add the updates to the build you were discussing? I will check it out when i get a chance.

Thanks for all the pondering and giving the tips about different food choices. Noah and RabbitUp

After playing around live I changed my build to this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAnf7ensABNDhFBD2BDkCjF/BbfiuRHpZJhKUGyKAUBqTA-j1hAQBA4JAYWlfrVJIM2f4Tq/AtTCQ/05IKAeC-w

Unless I spec into concentration I don't have enough quickness to make hammer feel good with how mantras are working, I just don't feel comfortable building my character around quickness and quickfire, hallowed ground is only giving quickness on initial cast not every pulse, which really reduces the effectiveness of my original build idea.

I haven't taken it anywhere but open world and LS so far, but I did decide that the condi emphasis is better than the retal RI thing I kind of wanted to do. Gets 9 stacks of burning just from auto attacking, I open with mantra of potence to stack that higher and have the axe trait so symbol dazes. Use the pull to grab more enemies into the symbol and get some aoe PW procs going, I usually save purging flames for a combo condi clear and dps or i use it from a distance on a pack of mobs to open the fight.

That said I did a few things people may think to be odd:

1. The axe trait for bleeding instead of more virtue pages. I honestly just switch into tomes and burn through them asap then back out to fighting normal again. I do so much damage (in the content I've taken it into) that I'm better off killing stuff than camping my tomes for support. I suspect in WVW I will spec for the increased pages and just pull back from the frontline.

2. Also I went with shelter for my heal because after playing with the mantra one... well it sucks. I would run it with the quickness on heal trait, but mantra range is too low for me to reliably proc it on anyone but myself.

3. Quickfire: Man I want to like this trait, but 10 seconds cooldown is too long, and I feel like it unreliably procs, maybe just due to the range of abilities i am trying to proc it with (mantras). I may run this with shouts in wvw, we'll see.

4. Elite: man I love the mantra elite. So much stunbreak.

For wvw most/all my carrion gear will probably be changed to dire.

I am running this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNgf7fnsADdBjFBDWBBEEhl4BbPmWT3pWbgXwjqKAslGAA

It's kinda working, I think. I am not sure about the spirt sword, it does surprisingly a lot of damage and causes a decent amount of burning. I have one torch in the offhand and switch between axe and scepter - that's because the Radiant Fire Trait will be triggered constantly and cast zealots flame.

Armor and trinkets are berserkers. I do have trouble against certain mobs. Also, I tend to cast tome of justice very often. Renewed Justice will reset it completly when something is killed. I cast a few skills on it and then I just spam 1 to increase the burning. This works really well when you have a group - because when you run through your tome skills and keep the quickness of your party up, burning will accumulate rather quickly.

How do you all feel about ditching a torch for condi FB? I'm honestly getting kind of sick of it and with the amount of burns FB can use it might just be viable. You could always pad out your roation with the burning mantra if need arises. Torch feels a bit like overkill with axe to me, I would rather take sword with torch for some moblity and blind (and it does seem to do a bit more damage, though that could just be burst).

> @Hadan.2841 said:

> I'm sure this build or something similar has been posted but I will post it anyway. Just a quick overview this build is intended to be a full support for a 5man wvw comp.

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWnsADtChFBDOCD8DhlHCDLA0AyS71z8ZAN79MfqPA-jVSDQBCU9nQqEUiK/42BIYe7PIhTpAAOQAy7BA6bW4RAIAACwP7z+8n5zf+zf+n/8n/8n/sr7zf+zf+zf+zf+zfWKA/WpB-w

>

> With this build set up I can have quickness up on the party almost the entire time of the fight. I know there's a pretty big debate on mantras currently but imho...I feel a support firebrand is played best with just tomes swapping. What I mean by that is you can self sustain your entire party by just using the tomes. the variety each tome brings is pretty awesome. The amount of condition clear and healing provided from resolve is very strong. The hard condition counter in courage tome 4 makes pushing/converting downs or even dealing with an enemy ball comp condi bomb very doable. The mantras imo are added goodies for a support guard. I run the quickness mantra as a filler almost in-between all my other ways of providing quickness or if we get boon ripped I have another source to get it back on my team. Same deal for the condi clear mantra. During the test weekend I never found myself using all 3 charges. It wasn't worth it or even needed with all the other skills I have. So the fact i can just keep recharging my cast count makes those mantras a very strong "oh kitten" style skills. I personally have not tried the mantra heal but will be doing so with the increase to it. BTW some numbers you may not see with the correct rotation on this build you can get 100% increased out going healing. Also people will day boon duration is low but either concentration into staff for an extra 33% for 7secs pushes you right up there. Now someone is more then welcome to double check these numbers but from what I saw at 100% out going healing increase that would push aegis pop heals to over 2k. If I did my numbers right(was really late last night) then I believe the mantra heals would b 6900 in total(casting all 3 charges) to your party member. The self heal would be higher to you(not sure how much they buffed the increase). Not to mention every other skill that heals is boosted As well as the Dodge roll healing. This build is extremely broke if you put 2 in the party together. 1 guard would go resolve tome and provide condi clear and heals while the other guard sits in course providing stab/resist and then using the mantras in-between cooldowns as fillers. But seems like you all have good builds hope you all enjoy the class. O7

I am really stoked you posted this build, i love it. I had some thing very similar but had not thought about the underwater weapon sigil of life idea. I also hadn't considered pushing outgoing healing to the max. But i did manage to have 100% boon duration but had lost aegis heals on block.

But Once again Hadan your an absolute legend for pushing this build to the limit, Cheers buddy and much appreciated. You get a great big HELPFUL for this build post.

> > @Hadan.2841 said:

> > I'm sure this build or something similar has been posted but I will post it anyway. Just a quick overview this build is intended to be a full support for a 5man wvw comp.

> >

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWnsADtChFBDOCD8DhlHCDLA0AyS71z8ZAN79MfqPA-jVSDQBCU9nQqEUiK/42BIYe7PIhTpAAOQAy7BA6bW4RAIAACwP7z+8n5zf+zf+n/8n/8n/sr7zf+zf+zf+zf+zfWKA/WpB-w

> >

> > With this build set up I can have quickness up on the party almost the entire time of the fight. I know there's a pretty big debate on mantras currently but imho...I feel a support firebrand is played best with just tomes swapping. What I mean by that is you can self sustain your entire party by just using the tomes. the variety each tome brings is pretty awesome. The amount of condition clear and healing provided from resolve is very strong. The hard condition counter in courage tome 4 makes pushing/converting downs or even dealing with an enemy ball comp condi bomb very doable. The mantras imo are added goodies for a support guard. I run the quickness mantra as a filler almost in-between all my other ways of providing quickness or if we get boon ripped I have another source to get it back on my team. Same deal for the condi clear mantra. During the test weekend I never found myself using all 3 charges. It wasn't worth it or even needed with all the other skills I have. So the fact i can just keep recharging my cast count makes those mantras a very strong "oh kitten" style skills. I personally have not tried the mantra heal but will be doing so with the increase to it. BTW some numbers you may not see with the correct rotation on this build you can get 100% increased out going healing. Also people will day boon duration is low but either concentration into staff for an extra 33% for 7secs pushes you right up there. Now someone is more then welcome to double check these numbers but from what I saw at 100% out going healing increase that would push aegis pop heals to over 2k. If I did my numbers right(was really late last night) then I believe the mantra heals would b 6900 in total(casting all 3 charges) to your party member. The self heal would be higher to you(not sure how much they buffed the increase). Not to mention every other skill that heals is boosted As well as the Dodge roll healing. This build is extremely broke if you put 2 in the party together. 1 guard would go resolve tome and provide condi clear and heals while the other guard sits in course providing stab/resist and then using the mantras in-between cooldowns as fillers. But seems like you all have good builds hope you all enjoy the class. O7

>

> I am really stoked you posted this build, i love it. I had some thing very similar but had not thought about the underwater weapon sigil of life idea. I also hadn't considered pushing outgoing healing to the max. But i did manage to have 100% boon duration but had lost aegis heals on block.

>

> But Once again Hadan your an absolute legend for pushing this build to the limit, Cheers buddy and much appreciated. You get a great big HELPFUL for this build post.

One slight thing Hadan, is it possible to use rune of the monk with this build for more outgoing healing or are we capped at 100% (Maybe 110% with monks? Although we would loose some tougness/vitality and hit points without the Runes Durability). I would love to hear back from you in regards to my question. Thanks again for the help.