What is your Firebrand build?

Cave Rock.4869

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Naii.9810 said:

> Hey guys I'm a bit undecided on my build. I'm mainly playing pve and maybe wvw ( i don't expect to perform well at all, mainly trying to get gift of battle). I'm currently going the carrion route with balth runes. With carrion armor and weapons, I'm sitting at around 16k which is fair i think. I find myself downing a lot with anything less than 15k. But I'm not sure what to do about trinkets/accessories? going full carrion there pushes me above 20k but that seems a bit much (?) is there a better stat?

>

> I'm also unsure about my sigil choice, smoldering for torch, but idk what to put for axe. sigil of agony?

> Also, does anyone know if weapon swapping sigils activate off of using our tomes?

>

> work in progress http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAnf7ensADdBjFBDOCD8Dhl4BbPmeT3pVBgtU9yaD8CeUA-jxRAQBgS9HaqEMAnAAA8AAGkeAnp8LG7PAA-e

Weapon swap sigils absolutely work with tomes; at least it does in the config I run swapping into and out of tomes triggers it (so long as sigil internal cooldown is over):

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJAnfnsADdBjVCBGBDkCjF+Bbfj+RLpYBgdQRwqAkByTA-jxhAQBfS9Hhq8DAPAAYs/gP1DMUlgW8EAQKAe2VB-e

Which nets me 100% burn and nearly 85% boon duration with food / oil. I run with axe main hand in set 1, and torch in off hand set 2. That way I can "weapon swap" every 9s for 7s of +33% boon duration. (Both in set 1 in builder, as boon duration not shown correctly) Also equipping a tome triggers the concentration sigil. If i I know i need range, then I manually change axe for scepter before hand. I just prefer axe.

Not optimal, but it works for the pve & fractal group i run with, as I am the only source of quickness we have. The only thing I'm unsure of it on is the carrion gear, I don't like 0 vitality, as I find I just die to often, but hp scaling is bad. I try to stay clear of toughness as I don't want to draw aggro, again it's what suits me and my group. Suggestions welcome.

> Weapon swap sigils absolutely work with tomes; at least it does in the config I run swapping into and out of tomes triggers it (so long as sigil internal cooldown is over):

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJAnfnsADdBjVCBGBDkCjF+Bbfj+RLpYBgdQRwqAkByTA-jxhAQBfS9Hhq8DAPAAYs/gP1DMUlgW8EAQKAe2VB-e

>

> Which nets me 100% burn and nearly 85% boon duration with food / oil. I run with axe main hand in set 1, and torch in off hand set 2. That way I can "weapon swap" every 9s for 7s of +33% boon duration. (Both in set 1 in builder, as boon duration not shown correctly) Also equipping a tome triggers the concentration sigil. If i I know i need range, then I manually change axe for scepter before hand. I just prefer axe.

>

> Not optimal, but it works for the pve & fractal group i run with, as I am the only source of quickness we have. The only thing I'm unsure of it on is the carrion gear, I don't like 0 vitality, as I find I just die to often, but hp scaling is bad. I try to stay clear of toughness as I don't want to draw aggro, again it's what suits me and my group. Suggestions welcome.

Totally forgot about seraph stats. how much of a difference does that extra 1 or two seconds for your boons make? Does the healing power scale well?

Extra boon duration is nice, especially as you gain so many healing/toughness/conditions damage when you have quickness. Don't know about % uptime, but weapon change, quickness mantra, elite mantra, tome of justice gives you 12s quickness, stat boost, some nice stability, retaliation and some might as you go into a burst phase with tome. If you have another source of it though, then don't worry about it. Won't be winning any awards for healing, but with quickness, after healing tome 5, desert bloom can be spammed 6-7 times for 1500 a pop. Nice in a pinch. Again stats aren't ideal but it's what I like, and works for my group.

> @MojoGroove.8253 said:

> > @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

> > @"MojoGroove.8253"

> >

> > Sup again buddy I have found that playing support on the Firebrand can be of the utmost importance in WvW. One way I attained that is with minstrels gear, shouts for more condition clearing and rune of Leadership for boon duration. Keep Renewed Focus for Tome refreshing because it is key to how much support you can provide for your mates with Tor and ToC. Additionally Rune of Leadership cleanses aswell. The weapons are mace and shield plus staff. Superior Sigil of Life, Superior Sigil of Energy times two and then finally a singular Superior Sigil of Concentration. There is no real damage from this setup. Your role in a group is moderate healing, prevention from both power (Aegis and heals) and condition damage (resistance, cleanses and regeneration) plus projectiles. Deadeyes will still be a problem but you will atleast survive for long enough for your group to track em down and perhaps dispose of them. The main reason Deadeyes are still a problem is because of the unblockable and high burst attacks which are hard to react to in time.

> >

> > MojoGroove, I hope this helps you out in WvW. From Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

>

> The setup you describe is pretty much the tried and true the AH build with new firebrand toys. Works wonderfully.

>

>

Hey MojoGroove, I adjusted a couple of things because I wanted a max boon duration build aswell as a healing version like described above. Here is the build I run at the moment. There are two versions. A WvW and SPvP:

WVW

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWl8AhWhY/OwUIwPELLE2VA4BMAwuAVgSwe/cgmQB-j1xHQBwT9HAcKFE3+DgTfzDVCCQlfO8JFEAAB4n9Zf+z85P/5P/zf+zf+zf2195P/5P/5P/5P/5PLFwXr0A-w

SPvP

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWl8AhWhY/OwUIwPELLEG2FoCUCuCAPgBwe/cgmQB-jJRWABOWGAg9He+UAA5TAAA

Yes I know they offer little to no dps, but those two builds are the best healing and support you will see in both WvW and SPvP. All the boons you need except fury plus so many condition cleanses in a meta when they are needed more than anything. Don't forget the resistance and stability ;p I hope these builds help someone out in the future. Enjoy them as much as I do, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @Brutaly.6257 said:

> I see a comment occuring here and that is that vitality scales poorly with guardians.

> Imo its the exact oppposite, guardians get relatively more from vitality and healing power due to a low base health pool.

>

> What do you guys mean by that?

Hey Brutaly we just mean in comparison to say like the Warrior or Necromancers max health points pool. Guardians definitely don't hit that 28k plus like those professions do. Max we get is around 23k roughly off the top of my head. But yeah your right about us having incredibly low base health pool. Scaling may have been the wrong term to use, perhaps in comparison to other professions base/max health pool would have been better to use.

Cheers for the clarification Brutaly it was an important point to make to stop any confusion, if people decided to add vitality to their builds. Vitality is important against mostly condition damage, plus the added bonus of helping to survive burst power damage. While toughness is pivotal against power damage. Many thanks from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

> WVW

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWl8AhWhY/OwUIwPELLE2VA4BMAwuAVgSwe/cgmQB-j1xHQBwT9HAcKFE3+DgTfzDVCCQlfO8JFEAAB4n9Zf+z85P/5P/zf+zf+zf2195P/5P/5P/5P/5PLFwXr0A-w

>

Hi Cave Rock - quick question if you will. Are you able to kill anyone with that build you referenced for WvW? Looking at it from a solo and/or small duo team perspective.

> @Crapgame.6519 said:

> > @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

> > WVW

> >

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWl8AhWhY/OwUIwPELLE2VA4BMAwuAVgSwe/cgmQB-j1xHQBwT9HAcKFE3+DgTfzDVCCQlfO8JFEAAB4n9Zf+z85P/5P/zf+zf+zf2195P/5P/5P/5P/5PLFwXr0A-w

> >

>

> Hi Cave Rock - quick question if you will. Are you able to kill anyone with that build you referenced for WvW? Looking at it from a solo and/or small duo team perspective.

>

Hey Cgame, the short answer is not solo. But with a DPS duo for sure it is very possible. It very much depends on the rock, paper and scissors rule though because some builds can negate others. My build in a 2 vs 2, can negate both condition and power damage. I would even like to say we might even win a 2 vs 4, but could struggle with high numbers. Often it does just come down to numbers.

Mostly I prefer to game with my friends. I have done my far share of solo hunting over the years and it gets lonely. These days I like to have a laugh or fun time with my buddies.

Cheers for the post Cgame, I suggest giving it a try. But if you want to solo just keep a back up suit in your bags. Switch as needed. I hope this helps you and others out that are interested in support builds. The question was much appreciated from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

P.S there was a time I did solo a person with this build. It was kinda funny, a little male Asuran Ranger attempted to knock me off a bridge on the Desert Borderlands. Me also a male Asuran but a Firebrand was aware this was on a cards of happening. The Ranger kinda tried a 'YOU SHALL NOT PASS!', so I put up my almost permanent stability, I ran up next to him and he shot with his bow and was like oh dear that didn't work. I switched from staff to Shield and did the five skill and shoved/knocked him off the bridge. With his Asuran arms flailing he fell into the chasm far below never to be seen again. True story, lets just say that might not happen again for awhile.

The trick is if your the last man on your side standing just run or port to your mates because you do such poor damage it ain't worth the time of the fight.

> > @Brutaly.6257 said:

> > I see a comment occuring here and that is that vitality scales poorly with guardians.

> > Imo its the exact oppposite, guardians get relatively more from vitality and healing power due to a low base health pool.

> >

> > What do you guys mean by that?

>

> Hey Brutaly we just mean in comparison to say like the Warrior or Necromancers max health points pool. Guardians definitely don't hit that 28k plus like those professions do. Max we get is around 23k roughly off the top of my head. But yeah your right about us having incredibly low base health pool. Scaling may have been the wrong term to use, perhaps in comparison to other professions base/max health pool would have been better to use.

>

> Cheers for the clarification Brutaly it was an important point to make to stop any confusion, if people decided to add vitality to their builds. Vitality is important against mostly condition damage, plus the added bonus of helping to survive burst power damage. While toughness is pivotal against power damage. Many thanks from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

Yeah, but why is used (by several posters) as an arguement for not investing in vitality, when it is the exact opposite?

Guardians, eles and thiefs has the biggest pivot in investments in vitality when it comes to increased survivability.

There are less reason to invest in vitality in a necro or warrior for the exact reasons you point out.

I might be daft but i sincerely dont get the arguement.

> @Brutaly.6257 said:

> Yeah, but why is used (by several posters) as an arguement for not investing in vitality, when it is the exact opposite?

> Guardians, eles and thiefs has the biggest pivot in investments in vitality when it comes to increased survivability.

>

> There are less reason to invest in vitality in a necro or warrior for the exact reasons you point out.

>

> I might be daft but i sincerely dont get the arguement.

Yeah I definitely agree with you here - using Carrion armor is the same stat investment on a Guardian as on a Necromancer (in terms of total stat allocation), but represents a relatively much larger effective HP increase. If we (perhaps naively) assume that base, no-stat classes are supposed to be somewhat equivalent in survivability, an extra 6k health is something like a 50% increase in Guardian survivability but only 33% on Necro, which means you're getting more bang for your buck.

In reality all classes are not equally survivable, and Necros can more easily ignore defensive stats and still be pretty survivable, but that doesn't change the fact that getting some extra vit on Guardian goes a long way.

I'm considering getting some commanders trinkets (I also have a mesmer to gear ) and trying this build:

[gw2skills.net/editor/?vVMQNArfRnsADFBjtCBGCBkCjF+BbPj+RLpYBg0zQw6BMu2TA-j1hAQBC4JAYz9H0oyvWoP4kKBBwpAgHq/QKgvWpB-w](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVMQNArfRnsADFBjtCBGCBkCjF+BbPj+RLpYBg0zQw6BMu2TA-j1hAQBC4JAYz9H0oyvWoP4kKBBwpAgHq/QKgvWpB-w "gw2skills.net/editor/?vVMQNArfRnsADFBjtCBGCBkCjF+BbPj+RLpYBg0zQw6BMu2TA-j1hAQBC4JAYz9H0oyvWoP4kKBBwpAgHq/QKgvWpB-w")

It is a power support firebrand. It can maintain 100% Quickness, a good amount of retaliation (possibly 100% for me) and stability for others. Not needing the crit rate allowed me to stick valkerie in for more vitality which is probably a good buffer to have for a nub like me ;).

Things I'm considering:

- switching out Righteous Instincts for Amplified Wrath and changing the gear from ferocity to condition and precision. Being more hybrid basically.

- using Vigilant trinkets to go more condition oriented.

Edit: here is one with Viper Weapons, Rampager Armour, Vigilant Trinkets: 70% Burn and Quickness Duration:

[gw2skills.net/editor/?vVMQRArf3ensADFBjtCBGCBkCjF+BzqAkByT7Z0PaJFLAkeGCA-jFiAQB4TPAAOJAqUJoAeCA2c/heo+DA1M8RlfkC4rdVA-w](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVMQRArf3ensADFBjtCBGCBkCjF+BzqAkByT7Z0PaJFLAkeGCA-jFiAQB4TPAAOJAqUJoAeCA2c/heo+DA1M8RlfkC4rdVA-w "gw2skills.net/editor/?vVMQRArf3ensADFBjtCBGCBkCjF+BzqAkByT7Z0PaJFLAkeGCA-jFiAQB4TPAAOJAqUJoAeCA2c/heo+DA1M8RlfkC4rdVA-w")

Any way any thoughts are appreciated, it's the first build I've ever posted :).

I see a lot of people asking about power Hammer builds for solo Open World and Dungeons.

I think I've finally found something that works well enough to recommend.

solo Open World Zerker FireBrand Hammer:

[gw2skills.net/editor/?vVIQFASnsADFBjFCBuCBEEhl4BD7CEF2C7v0aaPtKA8AKAA-jxRBAB3o+D/7P8wDAAgLAgZKBvS5He6AEFQgB-e](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVIQFASnsADFBjFCBuCBEEhl4BD7CEF2C7v0aaPtKA8AKAA-jxRBAB3o+D/7P8wDAAgLAgZKBvS5He6AEFQgB-e "gw2skills.net/editor/?vVIQFASnsADFBjFCBuCBEEhl4BD7CEF2C7v0aaPtKA8AKAA-jxRBAB3o+D/7P8wDAAgLAgZKBvS5He6AEFQgB-e")

Zeal/Honor/FireBrand

In Zeal, Fiery Wrath is a no-brainer. The secondary trait can be either [blinding Jeopardy] or [Kindled Zeal]. Both of them are fairly weak. I prefer [blinding Jeopardy]. Then the grand master trait can be either [symbolic Avenger] or [shattered Aegis]. [symbolic Avenger] is better DPS for elites/champs, [shattered Aegis] is better burst against normal mobs. I prefer [shattered Aegis] simply because it speeds up killing normal mobs (which is the majority of what you fight in Open World).

In Honor you definitely want to take [Protector's Impact] and [Writ of Persistence]. These two traits are key to the build. The secondary trait can be either [Empowering Staff] or [Empowering Might]. I prefer [Empowering Staff] because it gets you to 50% boon duration. And that helps with quickness uptime.

In Firebrand you want [Liberator's Vow], [stalwart Speed], and [Loremaster]. The first two are self-explanatory (we want quickness). We take [Loremaster] so that we can pop Tome of Courage and spam #1 for Swiftness if we can't mount up. Plus, we aren't building for Condi so Ashes of the Just damage would be pretty weak.

For skills, we definitely want [Mantra of Solace] and [Mantra of Potence]. And I like [bane Signet] for the added power and break bar CC.

The other two skills are a bit of a tossup.

We need to get at least one stun break, so we could either use [Mantra of Liberation] or [stand Your Ground].

If we take [Mantra of Liberation] we can take [Retreat] for more swiftness and Aegis or we can take something with a bit more situational utility such as [Wall of Reflection].

If we take [stand Your Ground] then we probably want [Feel My Wrath] for more Quickness uptime.

I prefer SYG and FMW mainly because preparing more than 2 Mantras every time I switch zones gets annoying. But Liberation+Retreat is probably a bit stronger.

Engage with Mighty Blow, get hit once to pop your Aegis, then use a charge of Solace and Potence.

This sets up 2 Shattered Aegis hits, two Symbols of Protection, and 9 seconds of Quickness. (only 12 seconds of cooldown)

It melts through normals, has good AoE and due to the constant protection, symbol heals, and aegis spam, it's got decent sustain for a Zerker build with no Vit.

Secondary weapon set can be anything you like, although Scepter/Shield seems an obvious choice since it's the only real "ranged" option we have.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJAnfnsABNDhFBDWCBEEhF/BzKAUBqTZJhKUGa/i2RHpA-jxhAQBRTPA0OBAA4BAAj9HqpSwqp+z1U+BA-e

Pull all mobs, put purging flames and use symbols or whirl to proc "permeating wrath" or just spam skills of tome of justice, and watch them burn. Axe is good for one or two targets, but i'm playing with scepter or even hammer for symbol spam and it's quite good.

Don't know if i'll try this in group content, still think DH is a better choice.

+ i'm not sure mantra of flames is a better option than Purging flames (with trait)

> @Kreggurree.3628 said:

> I'm considering getting some commanders trinkets (I also have a mesmer to gear ) and trying this build:

> [gw2skills.net/editor/?vVMQNArfRnsADFBjtCBGCBkCjF+BbPj+RLpYBg0zQw6BMu2TA-j1hAQBC4JAYz9H0oyvWoP4kKBBwpAgHq/QKgvWpB-w](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVMQNArfRnsADFBjtCBGCBkCjF+BbPj+RLpYBg0zQw6BMu2TA-j1hAQBC4JAYz9H0oyvWoP4kKBBwpAgHq/QKgvWpB-w "gw2skills.net/editor/?vVMQNArfRnsADFBjtCBGCBkCjF+BbPj+RLpYBg0zQw6BMu2TA-j1hAQBC4JAYz9H0oyvWoP4kKBBwpAgHq/QKgvWpB-w")

>

> It is a power support firebrand. It can maintain 100% Quickness, a good amount of retaliation (possibly 100% for me) and stability for others. Not needing the crit rate allowed me to stick valkerie in for more vitality which is probably a good buffer to have for a nub like me ;).

>

> Things I'm considering:

> - switching out Righteous Instincts for Amplified Wrath and changing the gear from ferocity to condition and precision. Being more hybrid basically.

> - using Vigilant trinkets to go more condition oriented.

> Edit: here is one with Viper Weapons, Rampager Armour, Vigilant Trinkets: 70% Burn and Quickness Duration:

> [gw2skills.net/editor/?vVMQRArf3ensADFBjtCBGCBkCjF+BzqAkByT7Z0PaJFLAkeGCA-jFiAQB4TPAAOJAqUJoAeCA2c/heo+DA1M8RlfkC4rdVA-w](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVMQRArf3ensADFBjtCBGCBkCjF+BzqAkByT7Z0PaJFLAkeGCA-jFiAQB4TPAAOJAqUJoAeCA2c/heo+DA1M8RlfkC4rdVA-w "gw2skills.net/editor/?vVMQRArf3ensADFBjtCBGCBkCjF+BzqAkByT7Z0PaJFLAkeGCA-jFiAQB4TPAAOJAqUJoAeCA2c/heo+DA1M8RlfkC4rdVA-w")

>

> Any way any thoughts are appreciated, it's the first build I've ever posted :).

Hey Kreggurree, I like some of your ideas and by the way I really appreciate you taking the time to make your first build post in this thread. I like how your trying to focus on quickness to get rapid burns.

The only problems I find with offensive Firebrands are that we have to give up so much in defensive potential to only have access to two real condition types. The burns and bleeds are no match for the multi condition type stacker professions.

What we do have is rapid burn application, which turned out to be your builds focus. I would like to know how your builds worked out for you? I am grateful for your first attempt to include the Rune of the Firebrand and the ideas you put forward.

Cheers Kreggurree from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @phor.7952 said:

> I see a lot of people asking about power Hammer builds for solo Open World and Dungeons.

> I think I've finally found something that works well enough to recommend.

>

> solo Open World Zerker FireBrand Hammer:

> [gw2skills.net/editor/?vVIQFASnsADFBjFCBuCBEEhl4BD7CEF2C7v0aaPtKA8AKAA-jxRBAB3o+D/7P8wDAAgLAgZKBvS5He6AEFQgB-e](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVIQFASnsADFBjFCBuCBEEhl4BD7CEF2C7v0aaPtKA8AKAA-jxRBAB3o+D/7P8wDAAgLAgZKBvS5He6AEFQgB-e "gw2skills.net/editor/?vVIQFASnsADFBjFCBuCBEEhl4BD7CEF2C7v0aaPtKA8AKAA-jxRBAB3o+D/7P8wDAAgLAgZKBvS5He6AEFQgB-e")

>

> Zeal/Honor/FireBrand

> In Zeal, Fiery Wrath is a no-brainer. The secondary trait can be either [blinding Jeopardy] or [Kindled Zeal]. Both of them are fairly weak. I prefer [blinding Jeopardy]. Then the grand master trait can be either [symbolic Avenger] or [shattered Aegis]. [symbolic Avenger] is better DPS for elites/champs, [shattered Aegis] is better burst against normal mobs. I prefer [shattered Aegis] simply because it speeds up killing normal mobs (which is the majority of what you fight in Open World).

> In Honor you definitely want to take [Protector's Impact] and [Writ of Persistence]. These two traits are key to the build. The secondary trait can be either [Empowering Staff] or [Empowering Might]. I prefer [Empowering Staff] because it gets you to 50% boon duration. And that helps with quickness uptime.

> In Firebrand you want [Liberator's Vow], [stalwart Speed], and [Loremaster]. The first two are self-explanatory (we want quickness). We take [Loremaster] so that we can pop Tome of Courage and spam #1 for Swiftness if we can't mount up. Plus, we aren't building for Condi so Ashes of the Just damage would be pretty weak.

>

> For skills, we definitely want [Mantra of Solace] and [Mantra of Potence]. And I like [bane Signet] for the added power and break bar CC.

> The other two skills are a bit of a tossup.

> We need to get at least one stun break, so we could either use [Mantra of Liberation] or [stand Your Ground].

> If we take [Mantra of Liberation] we can take [Retreat] for more swiftness and Aegis or we can take something with a bit more situational utility such as [Wall of Reflection].

> If we take [stand Your Ground] then we probably want [Feel My Wrath] for more Quickness uptime.

> I prefer SYG and FMW mainly because preparing more than 2 Mantras every time I switch zones gets annoying. But Liberation+Retreat is probably a bit stronger.

>

> Engage with Mighty Blow, get hit once to pop your Aegis, then use a charge of Solace and Potence.

> This sets up 2 Shattered Aegis hits, two Symbols of Protection, and 9 seconds of Quickness. (only 12 seconds of cooldown)

> It melts through normals, has good AoE and due to the constant protection, symbol heals, and aegis spam, it's got decent sustain for a Zerker build with no Vit.

>

> Secondary weapon set can be anything you like, although Scepter/Shield seems an obvious choice since it's the only real "ranged" option we have.

HEY Phor, thanks for sharing a hammer build. It really is a kill or be killed build! Would you consider Marauders? For a bit more survivability.

No toughness or vitality might be painful. Especially on mobs that can't be cc with knockdown.

I really like the hammer also and want to see a viable build for it in the future as well.

Cheers Phor, and here's hoping that hammer returns some day. Fingers crossed from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJAnfnsABNDhFBDWCBEEhF/BzKAUBqTZJhKUGa/i2RHpA-jxhAQBRTPA0OBAA4BAAj9HqpSwqp+z1U+BA-e

>

> Pull all mobs, put purging flames and use symbols or whirl to proc "permeating wrath" or just spam skills of tome of justice, and watch them burn. Axe is good for one or two targets, but i'm playing with scepter or even hammer for symbol spam and it's quite good.

> Don't know if i'll try this in group content, still think DH is a better choice.

> + i'm not sure mantra of flames is a better option than Purging flames (with trait)

Hey Zhaid Zhem, I agree that most of the Firebrands dps comes from rounding up a group of mobs or enemies, switching to Tome of Justice and loading them up with the burns. The trick is to find the balance between offense and defense. So you can win the fight in the end, because you need time for the damage overtime time to work.

Cheers for the build from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> HEY Phor, thanks for sharing a hammer build. It really is a kill or be killed build! Would you consider Marauders? For a bit more survivability.

> No toughness or vitality might be painful. Especially on mobs that can't be cc with knockdown.

Swapping to full Marauders would gain 10% crit chance and 6k HP, but you'd lose 200 power and 21% crit damage.

You certainly could do that, although I'm finding that it does well enough in full zerkers.

You get healing from: Resolve, Multiple Symbols, Mantra of Solace. These together are more healing than Warrior's Healing Signet.

But then on top of that you get constant protection and quite a bit of Aegis.

You can also dodge an attack every ~8 seconds, get a small heal, then re-engage with Hammer#2.

You can also use Tome of Resolve and Courage defensively at any time because we take Loremaster.

I've actually solo'd a couple Champs with it that I didn't think would be possible with a full Zerker build, so I think the survivability is pretty good.

After playing PvE Firebrand some more, I found that when I went full condi I didn't like how it played - the damage didn't build as quickly as it did with my condi thief or condi zerker, the axe had a weird clunkiness/hesitation that would sometimes pop up (may be related to quickness, but not sure).

After more experimentation, I found a GS power based build focusing on retaliation, quickness, and might stacking that I really like and is working well very well for me. The tomes provide strong support in this build, with tome of justice bringing useful AOE damage. I have to say that I prefer the FB virtues over the DH or core versions.

(Edit: Updated build based on phor's comments below.)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAR7ensADFBjtCBGCBkCjl7BbfkmSjpVFgAQ6yKD0uKUA-jBSBQB0Y/BA8EAowFB4KKpEpyF8oDgSq/wIlgAA-e

The Valkyrie's ammy and accessories are for a little health cushion for open world PvE. You can also mix in more Valkyries and some Marauder's depending on how much health you want. The second weapon set is flexible and can be modified to fit your preferences.

> @"stone cold.8609" said:

> The Maurader's ammy, rings, and back are optional for a little health cushion for open world PvE

Did you mean to use Valkyrie instead of Marauder?

You'll have high Retaliation and Burning uptime, which means 65% crit chance just from Radiant Power, Righteous Instincts, and Base crit.

That means you only need 35% crit chance on gear. Swapping Berserker for Marauders actually gives you more Precision and sacrifices Power and Ferocity for Vit.

Valkyrie sacrifices Precision for Vit and keeps your Power and Ferocity, so it sounds like a better fit with the build.

You could also mix Marauder and Valkyrie to end up with ~19k hp while keeping that 100% crit chance, but you'd lose out on 135 Power and 15% Crit damage to get there.

Hey phor! You are right. I just had some Marauder's stats ammy and rings in my inventory so used them and didn't pay attention to the crit chance of the build with them added. Valkyrie's or a mix with Maurader's would be better because you don't need much precision from gear in this build. I updated my build link above.

Cave Rock - if you try it let me know how it goes! I may give it a try as well.

> Hey phor! You are right. I just had some Marauder's stats ammy and rings in my inventory so used them and didn't pay attention to the crit chance of the build with them added. Valkyrie's or a mix with Maurader's would be better because you don't need much precision from gear in this build. I updated my build link above.

>

> Cave Rock - if you try it let me know how it goes! I may give it a try as well.

I ended up with another idea Stone Cold, check this out for a healing build. So much out going healing (75 - 100 % possible for short duration bursts heals) and plus healing power (2175 in fact)

Option 1 full on healing.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWn8ABtChNCDeCB8DhlHCL79MfyA71z9ZAFLA0AySA-jFSDQB7RfAAOCAy7UAgJ1fEwDAIK7PwSlgDT536gDg1qW1WLwart2artWDo2art2art2artWpA8bBA-w

Option 2 a little more defensive.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWn8ABtChNCD2DB8DhlHCL7EEfyA71z9ZAFLA0AySA-jFSDQBRZ/BWqEETq/sH9BDT5HAOCAC4BAIvTBQAAEgf2n95PD8zf+zf+zf2195P/5P/5P/5P/5PLFgfLAA-w

I am yet to test its capabilities compared to my other support build with 100% boon duration and awesome condition cleanses.

But I have a spare Ascended suit if this build feels okay in SPvP lobby testing. I hope it helps out a budding healer Firebrand.

By the way all check out my video if you get time I would really appreciate it, add a like also to support Guild Wars 2.

> Hey phor! You are right. I just had some Marauder's stats ammy and rings in my inventory so used them and didn't pay attention to the crit chance of the build with them added. Valkyrie's or a mix with Maurader's would be better because you don't need much precision from gear in this build. I updated my build link above.

>

> Cave Rock - if you try it let me know how it goes! I may give it a try as well.

If this attempt of a heal build fails I will definitely consider a valkyrie's power dmg idea :) Also let me know if you do make it Phor or Stone Cold.

>

I have added some extra pieces to your build. I wonder if it would be the same as you intended Stone Cold... Our would Maurader's be better? Cheers for the ideas from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAR7fnsADFBjtCBGCBkCjl7BbfkmSjpVFgAQ6yKD0uKUA-jRSBQBA4BAQj9HSoaBZU5nlU1ZBHBA9obwkKBpwFBIAACwNvZ2sNDu5Nv5Nv5N7628m38m38m38m38mlCIiZaA-e