why has necro still not been buffed

bara yaoi.3824

What would happen if they totally redid the profession with all the knowledge that they now know now? Can anyone that's more knowledgeable do a write-up of a better mechanic than shroud that could deliver something unique amongst the professions while also fulfilling the commonalities that professions share? Or point me to a post that's created their own profession mechanic?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"LeonLannister.9754" said:

> What would happen if they totally redid the profession with all the knowledge that they now know now? Can anyone that's more knowledgeable do a write-up of a better mechanic than shroud that could deliver something unique amongst the professions while also fulfilling the commonalities that professions share? Or point me to a post that's created their own profession mechanic?

What could happen ..... hmmmm

A. It succeeds and everyone is happy, PvE, PvP, WvW. YAY!!!!!

B. The rework fixes things but it is only viable in one or two modes, say PvE and WvW. Competitive PvP players are upset.

C. It fails, everyone is unhappy. BOOOO!!!!!

D. Things remain the same.

I think C is what keeps them from doing it. At present they have happy folks in the PvE camp and happy folks in the competitive play camps. Thus to make everyone happy, (which is unrealistic), or rather more people happy, namely folks who PUG endgame content, is a high risk but low reward situation.

LOL what is wrong with you people saying take away our second life bar. The shroud mechanic is FUN. It is sad you guys only see numbers. The shroud and second health better never go away, otherwise this class become pointless. We can't be true petmancers with ANet's trash engine, so that's out. The only thing necros have in this game that is unique is the second lifebar/shroud.

Here's hoping that after they do the Rev reworks that they get to necro minions and death magic line. Or give us Life force spenders. Heck if minion skills were Life force spending skill to summon minions, that would be pretty cool. Actually have a push pull mechanic to life force in general.

> @"wickedkae.4980" said:

> LOL what is wrong with you people saying take away our second life bar. The shroud mechanic is FUN. It is sad you guys only see numbers. The shroud and second health better never go away, otherwise this class become pointless. We can't be true petmancers with ANet's trash engine, so that's out. The only thing necros have in this game that is unique is the second lifebar/shroud.

Yea, looking back at GW1 where the profession came from, what would Necro without Shroud be? A much more functional, thematically strong and unique caster? No way! ;)

>@"LeonLannister.9754" said:

>What would happen if they totally redid the profession with all the knowledge that they now know now? Can anyone that's more knowledgeable do a write-up of a better mechanic than shroud that could deliver something unique amongst the professions while also fulfilling the commonalities that professions share? Or point me to a post that's created their own profession mechanic?

Over the years I read others and wrote up myself so many reworks for Necromancer which almost all probably disappeared with the old forums.

Unsurprisingly they got zero Dev attention, who I'm not even sure are aware of any problems due to lack of communication and them doing the complete opposite of player requests for Necromancer, that I'm kind of tired of trying that hard.

At this point, players are mostly venting frustration I think, it's been 6 years after all, but it's not like it matters when anything more constructive and well thought out, of which there has been plenty in the past, would never reach a dev anyway.

Spending hours designing and writing up redesigns is a lot of work. When there is zero pay off and the devs to the exact opposite, which then predictably fails horribly to address the issues, over and over again, it's disheartening.

I think it was @"Dace.8173" who said (I'm sorry if I'm wrong) that the issue is that the Necromancer "Community" doesn't have a clear vision of where to go with the Necromancer for the Devs to follow. But I can't disagree more.

The Devs have a vast resource in their players and many directions to go in to improve Necromancer, and most of them would be better than what we currently have.

To me, it doesn't matter if it's one of my ideas (for example creating demand for a debuffer role in addition to Boon Support, Healer, BS and DPS, making things like vulnerability and boon rip more relevant in PvE and giving conditions like chills, blinds and slow a more profound effect on bosses, especially in endgame content, and giving Necro convenient access to it), or something completely different.

They have shown with Holo mode that a Shroud like mechanic, together with active defenses on Engie, can work. It wouldn't take much too effort to reskin Shroud to that either.

As long as it keeps Necromancer thematically intact (which most ideas I have read not only do, but strengthen the theme) and makes it a wanted profession that people are actually happy to see in PvE, I don't think any Necro player will be all that upset about it, even if it would take some time getting reacquaint if the changes are substantial.

The problem is that Necromancer has so many issues that have been left unattended for so long, that it's a massive chunk of work to fix at this point.

On one side, you have people still playing Necromancer purely on theme alone, on the other side you have to ask how much money would a well designed Necromancer make ArenaNet, compared to the work effort it requires?

Making Necromancer really shine in PvE takes either a massive rework of Necromancer itself, or a minor restructuring of all of PvE with minor balance tweaks to all other professions to adjust. Both is tremendous amount of work with the risk of upsetting people.

ArenaNet might just be happy with disappointed and disillusioned Necromancer mains grumbling or even quitting now and then instead.

I find that necro has too much going on. theres condi and power mixed in with life force and then the shroud mechanic. Necros lack of mobility and decent sustain was supposed to be it's pvp thing but pvp has changed so much that necro is the only class that has to be baby sat because of our lack of mobility and lack of oh shit buttons/invuln/bloc/evade frames.

i really wish they could give us some more life force spenders. Kinda like rev, but instead of something straight out of GW1 some skills get some more life force gen while some skills get some life force spending ability and it makes them a bit more powerful. Still fits the life force theme and death theme but gives more play to life force than go in do thing then leave.

> @"wickedkae.4980" said:

> LOL what is wrong with you people saying take away our second life bar. The shroud mechanic is FUN. It is sad you guys only see numbers. The shroud and second health better never go away, otherwise this class become pointless. We can't be true petmancers with ANet's trash engine, so that's out. The only thing necros have in this game that is unique is the second lifebar/shroud.

To be objective, the additionnal chunck of health point which is what we define as a 2nd health bar already isn't unique anymore to the necromancer since barrier just do that and scrapper and weaver have good access to it. Other than that, and strictly speaking, all you say is somewhat true yet terribly unsatisfying.

- Shroud mechanism being fun: superficially the effect of the transformation are cool, nobody can deny it. However, mechanically the transformation is a shackle in itself.

- "2nd health bar": This is technically a myth because you lose life force constantly. As a defensive mechanism it's unavoidably inferior to any dodge roll, block or invulnerability effect.

- Shroud skills: these are only a 3rd weaponset that happen to lock you out of your utilities and is limited by the decay of your life force, making it very unsatisfying in an environment where you are taking a beating.

- Petmancer: Indeed the game isn't fit for such a thing, but I'd say that it's more than just a trash engine issue. The whole combat system limit pets (and not just for the necromancer)

- 2nd health bar being unique: Sadly the necromancer have plenty of "unique" things which don't help him.

In guild wars 1 the necromancer had a edge in regard of support and strong punishing effect. He also benefit greatly from having low health point and had pretty good synergy with a lot of professions. Instead of a shroud the necromancer could have have as special mechanism something called "sacrifice" which make them sacrifice the life force the reap with soul reaping to aid them. Something a lot closer to scourge mechanism than it is from the shroud mechanism. Honnestly this would have been a more logical evolution than forsaking all their good point for a 2nd health bar that they can't even really exploit.

The only thing that make the necromancer worthless without the 2nd health bar is that there is no other defensive mechanism in the gw2's core necromancer than this chunck of decaying health point that is the shroud.

The necromancer could have been a lot more in line with the game as a whole and the gw1's necromancer, the 2nd health bar is just a shackle that excuse the fact that the gw2's necromancer don't have any other proper way to mitigate damage.

> @"Asum.4960" said:

> > @"wickedkae.4980" said:

> > LOL what is wrong with you people saying take away our second life bar. The shroud mechanic is FUN. It is sad you guys only see numbers. The shroud and second health better never go away, otherwise this class become pointless. We can't be true petmancers with ANet's trash engine, so that's out. The only thing necros have in this game that is unique is the second lifebar/shroud.

>

> Yea, looking back at GW1 where the profession came from, what would Necro without Shroud be? A much more functional, thematically strong and unique caster? No way! ;)

>

> >@"LeonLannister.9754" said:

> >What would happen if they totally redid the profession with all the knowledge that they now know now? Can anyone that's more knowledgeable do a write-up of a better mechanic than shroud that could deliver something unique amongst the professions while also fulfilling the commonalities that professions share? Or point me to a post that's created their own profession mechanic?

>

> Over the years I read others and wrote up myself so many reworks for Necromancer which almost all probably disappeared with the old forums.

> Unsurprisingly they got zero Dev attention, who I'm not even sure are aware of any problems due to lack of communication and them doing the complete opposite of player requests for Necromancer, that I'm kind of tired of trying that hard.

>

> At this point, players are mostly venting frustration I think, it's been 6 years after all, but it's not like it matters when anything more constructive and well thought out, of which there has been plenty in the past, would never reach a dev anyway.

> Spending hours designing and writing up redesigns is a lot of work. When there is zero pay off and the devs to the exact opposite, which then predictably fails horribly to address the issues, over and over again, it's disheartening.

>

> I think it was @"Dace.8173" who said (I'm sorry if I'm wrong) that the issue is that the Necromancer "Community" doesn't have a clear vision of where to go with the Necromancer for the Devs to follow. But I can't disagree more.

> The Devs have a vast resource in their players and many directions to go in to improve Necromancer, and most of them would be better than what we currently have.

> To me, it doesn't matter if it's one of my ideas (for example creating demand for a debuffer role in addition to Boon Support, Healer, BS and DPS, making things like vulnerability and boon rip more relevant in PvE and giving conditions like chills, blinds and slow a more profound effect on bosses, especially in endgame content, and giving Necro convenient access to it), or something completely different.

> They have shown with Holo mode that a Shroud like mechanic, together with active defenses on Engie, can work. It wouldn't take much too effort to reskin Shroud to that either.

>

> As long as it keeps Necromancer thematically intact (which most ideas I have read not only do, but strengthen the theme) and makes it a wanted profession that people are actually happy to see in PvE, I don't think any Necro player will be all that upset about it, even if it would take some time getting reacquaint if the changes are substantial.

>

> The problem is that Necromancer has so many issues that have been left unattended for so long, that it's a massive chunk of work to fix at this point.

> On one side, you have people still playing Necromancer purely on theme alone, on the other side you have to ask how much money would a well designed Necromancer make ArenaNet, compared to the work effort it requires?

>

> Making Necromancer really shine in PvE takes either a massive rework of Necromancer itself, or a minor restructuring of all of PvE with minor balance tweaks to all other professions to adjust. Both is tremendous amount of work with the risk of upsetting people.

> ArenaNet might just be happy with disappointed and disillusioned Necromancer mains grumbling or even quitting now and then instead.

Yes, I was the one to say it. And I don't disagree with you, in that ANet has a great resource in Necromancer players. But where you say there are many directions to go in and portray it as a positive I see the many directions to go in and see it as a handicapping change. Paralysis of choice is a real thing and when you have too many options typically nothing gets done. In an ideal situation, you have about 3 to 4 options. However, all the options that are available are not all good ideas. There are some bad ideas out there. There are ideas that look good on paper but when picked apart show that they would make things worse. Some of the ideas presented are mutually exclusive, doing it would mean you can't do the rest. And of course, they have people who feel that any change is a bad change as they see the profession as being fine. Let's keep in mind, not everyone views Necromancer as having a problem. I think one or two such people have commented in this thread, or one of the others recently. In this case, the vast resources that ANet has, I think, is really limiting what they can actually do since there is not a singular agreement on what is wrong and what would fix Necromancer. Fixing one problem doesn't exactly address another problem and in addressing problem X you actually make problem Y worse.

Take Holo mode, yes the Shroud like mechanic can work if done properly and I think over the years ANet has figured out how to make it work and not break the game. But you can't change core Necromancer or even Reaper to work like Holosmith because they have people who would object to a change of that nature. What they tried for Necromancer in PoF was just getting rid of it. I suspect that they did not know just how well Holosmith's Photon Forge would work. Seeing that it is possible that in the next expansion we see a Necromancer elite that makes use of the Shroud mechanic in that fashion. I think that's a reasonable hope.

I really don't think ArenaNet is happy with disappointed and disillusioned Necromancer mains who grumble and quit. However, their ability to address that is limited. You can't make everyone happy. On any given gaming forum you are more likely to see the folks who are unhappy complain which tends to amplify the discontent to a level that in reality, it may not be at. The fact that they have continued to make attempts, though have failed, to make this group happy demonstrates that they are likely not happy with that situation. At the end of the day, they have to balance the perception of a big problem against the realities that their game data tells them and what customers and fans who are not plugged into the forum community tell them. I suspect that while Necromancer does underperform and does need some fixing that how bad the problem is it isn't actually as bad as the forum threads imply. You'll notice, the same group of people are discussing this topic across several threads and as time goes on there aren't that many new faces. ANet can come into these threads, see whats being said but also notice that the folks complaining on the forums isn't exactly a large and diverse number of people. This could be a vocal majority but it is equally likely that this is a vocal minority. We'll never know for sure. But what I am reasonably sure on is that ANet is not just ignoring the Necromancer community nor are they happy with their displeasure.

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> Yes, I was the one to say it. And I don't disagree with you, in that ANet has a great resource in Necromancer players. But where you say there are many directions to go in and portray it as a positive I see the many directions to go in and see it as a handicapping change. Paralysis of choice is a real thing and when you have too many options typically nothing gets done.

That's where I have some minimal confidence in the Gamedesigners to make the right choices. It's not like they need the community to present them with the fully complete unified design to fix their stuff. Then again.. maybe they do.

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> Take Holo mode, yes the Shroud like mechanic can work if done properly and I think over the years ANet has figured out how to make it work and not break the game. But you can't change core Necromancer or even Reaper to work like Holosmith because they have people who would object to a change of that nature. What they tried for Necromancer in PoF was just getting rid of it. I suspect that they did not know just how well Holosmith's Photon Forge would work. Seeing that it is possible that in the next expansion we see a Necromancer elite that makes use of the Shroud mechanic in that fashion. I think that's a reasonable hope.

If Devs could never change anything people could object to, games would become pretty stale.

Gameplay wise, changing Reaper Shroud to work like Holoforge and adding two or three active defense choices to Shroud Skills/Utilities and or a passive Trait while increasing overall damage to Necromancer would feel not too much different than things like the Plague to Plaguelands changes etc., while drastically improving it's design and future capabilities.

I honestly don't think there would be a Riot.

Maybe give Reaper Holo Shroud a 75%+ inherent damage reduction over it's time limited duration. Maybe that would fix the false perception of survive ability that the second health bar carries, while retaining the on demand tankyness.

But some sort of active defense is needed in PvP gamemodes with the levels of damage players have reached and what kind of burst are possible, just as more damage is needed for PvE.

Just.. do something, anything Anet.

I think the very problem that ANet encounter is more:

> Anything that changes the profession mechanic UI (that area where the F1-F4/5 skills live) tends to be a lot of work. When the original game was built, that part of the UI wasn't really made to be very flexible. As a result, any time we need to change it, it takes work from both artists and programmers who are familiar with the nuances of the underlying system.

_Quote from Robert Gee found in the following thread:_

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/52302/how-often-or-not-could-we-see-class-mechanic-reworks-like-the-mesmer-one#latest

Thought in the case of the necromancer I'm not sure there is much needed that would impact the UI directly.

> @"Asum.4960" said:

> > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > Yes, I was the one to say it. And I don't disagree with you, in that ANet has a great resource in Necromancer players. But where you say there are many directions to go in and portray it as a positive I see the many directions to go in and see it as a handicapping change. Paralysis of choice is a real thing and when you have too many options typically nothing gets done.

>

> That's where I have some minimal confidence in the Gamedesigners to make the right choices. It's not like they need the community to present them with the fully complete unified design to fix their stuff. Then again.. maybe they do.

>

> > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > Take Holo mode, yes the Shroud like mechanic can work if done properly and I think over the years ANet has figured out how to make it work and not break the game. But you can't change core Necromancer or even Reaper to work like Holosmith because they have people who would object to a change of that nature. What they tried for Necromancer in PoF was just getting rid of it. I suspect that they did not know just how well Holosmith's Photon Forge would work. Seeing that it is possible that in the next expansion we see a Necromancer elite that makes use of the Shroud mechanic in that fashion. I think that's a reasonable hope.

>

> If Devs could never change anything people could object to, games would become pretty stale.

> Gameplay wise, changing Reaper Shroud to work like Holoforge and adding two or three active defense choices to Shroud Skills/Utilities and or a passive Trait while increasing overall damage to Necromancer would feel not too much different than things like the Plague to Plaguelands changes etc., while drastically improving it's design and future capabilities.

>

> I honestly don't think there would be a Riot.

>

> Maybe give Reaper Holo Shroud a 75%+ inherent damage reduction over it's time limited duration. Maybe that would fix the false perception of survive ability that the second health bar carries, while retaining the on demand tankyness.

> But some sort of active defense is needed in PvP gamemodes with the levels of damage players have reached and what kind of burst are possible, just as more damage is needed for PvE.

>

> Just.. do something, anything Anet.

I don't think there would be a riot. I think people wouldn't approve of it. Keep in mind, as I often say, not everyone sees the same things as being wrong and incorrect. That means when you change something that people like you have to make sure that what you are changing isn't the thing that the majority of your players like. On the forums you can't really see what the majority of players actually like. You see what the majority of active forum goers like but that is not the same thing as seeing what your actual players beyond the forum like.

I think that's the key thing people miss in these conversations. There is the assumption that what is discussed on the forums is what is really wrong with the profession and what Necromancer players really want. I do not think you can make that assumption. Thus when I argue that such changes may not meet with approval I am basically taking into consideration people who do not post on the forums. You make the claim that changing Reaper Shroud so it functions like Photon Forge would improve things and it could. But what you don't know is if the majority of Necromancer players actually want that kind of change. I think it can be said that the forum goers would welcome the change but they are no where near the majority of the playerbase and because of that it can never be assumed that what the forum thinks will work will be something that Necromancer players approve of.

Also, in regards to the game developers and them making the right choice. Due to the number of different opinions on what is wrong and what would replace it, that community of vast resources you see as a positive will also be the same folks that will also be upset with the choice that the developers make. You speak of them making the right choice but when you have too many ideas there is no such thing as a right choice. You are pretty much going to roll the dice and hope that you piss off fewer people than you had before. Like I said, that vast resource is really a handicap as there is no way to please it and make it happy. It's not that I don't have confidence in the game designers, as I do. It's the fans that I lack confidence in.

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> Also, in regards to the game developers and them making the right choice. Due to the number of different opinions on what is wrong and what would replace it, that community of vast resources you see as a positive will also be the same folks that will also be upset with the choice that the developers make. You speak of them making the right choice but when you have too many ideas there is no such thing as a right choice. You are pretty much going to roll the dice and hope that you kitten off fewer people than you had before. Like I said, that vast resource is really a handicap as there is no way to please it and make it happy. It's not that I don't have confidence in the game designers, as I do. It's the fans that I lack confidence in.

My point was that any change they make that makes Necromancer a desired profession in PvE Endgame would be a good change for me, as long as it doesn't completely compromise the theme, which is hard to do.

> @"Asum.4960" said:

> > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > Also, in regards to the game developers and them making the right choice. Due to the number of different opinions on what is wrong and what would replace it, that community of vast resources you see as a positive will also be the same folks that will also be upset with the choice that the developers make. You speak of them making the right choice but when you have too many ideas there is no such thing as a right choice. You are pretty much going to roll the dice and hope that you kitten off fewer people than you had before. Like I said, that vast resource is really a handicap as there is no way to please it and make it happy. It's not that I don't have confidence in the game designers, as I do. It's the fans that I lack confidence in.

>

> My point was that any change they make that makes Necromancer a desired profession in PvE Endgame would be a good change for me, as long as it doesn't completely compromise the theme, which is hard to do.

The points I make aren't in relation to any one person's desires but the group as a whole. I'm not really invested in what would make you happy but what works for the greater community as a whole. For instance, folks are happy about the DPS buffs. Lots of folks it seems. But the more insightful players are unhappy, mostly because the buffs 1) don't really help enough and 2) will likely lead to future nerfs due to non-Necromancer players complaining. Actually, the recent buffs pretty bolster everything I've been saying about how delicate the issue is and how difficult it will be to get something workable going.

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> > @"Asum.4960" said:

> > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > Also, in regards to the game developers and them making the right choice. Due to the number of different opinions on what is wrong and what would replace it, that community of vast resources you see as a positive will also be the same folks that will also be upset with the choice that the developers make. You speak of them making the right choice but when you have too many ideas there is no such thing as a right choice. You are pretty much going to roll the dice and hope that you kitten off fewer people than you had before. Like I said, that vast resource is really a handicap as there is no way to please it and make it happy. It's not that I don't have confidence in the game designers, as I do. It's the fans that I lack confidence in.

> >

> > My point was that any change they make that makes Necromancer a desired profession in PvE Endgame would be a good change for me, as long as it doesn't completely compromise the theme, which is hard to do.

>

> The points I make aren't in relation to any one person's desires but the group as a whole. I'm not really invested in what would make you happy but what works for the greater community as a whole. For instance, folks are happy about the DPS buffs. Lots of folks it seems. But the more insightful players are unhappy, mostly because the buffs A) don't really help enough and B) will likely lead to future nerfs due to non-Necromancer players complaining. Actually, the recent buffs pretty bolster everything I've been saying about how delicate the issue is and how difficult it will be to get something workable going.

Looking through the other professions' patch notes I see a trend toward buffing core trait lines and skills. I like it. There will definitely be some power creep, though.

Honestly, the way Necro was before the patch, I expected small changes and only hoped for some dusting off of one or two little-used traits or skills. Instead, the developers seemed to go straight for dps and utility buffs on popular builds that were under-performing just a bit and needed a scaling adjustment.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > N E C R O

> > H A S

> > N O W

> > B E E N

> > B U F F E D.

>

> *only for PvE

Holy spin balls reaper burst is on par with thief warrior and mesmer (thank god cuz we cant move like they can)

Scepter 3 is an air boon convert on a 10 second cool down from 900 range. Wvw boob blobs gonna melt

Condi necro buff for PvE, power necro buff for PvE, buffs all around literally the best patch for necro ever

When Anet can realise that Reaper's mechanism is in chaos. First, the Dhuumfire reaper was nerfed to underground because it was not what Anet wanted, then they nerfed chill reaper to underground because it was not what Anet wanted, then DS4 poison or some other bleed skill was nerfed because it would make reaper not what they wanted. What they want is making Reaper direct damage only by destroying all alternative Reaper builds and simply put in some adjustments like 10%, 20%, 30%...

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"Conqueror.3682" said:

> > >@"Dace.8173" said:

> > > If you made Necromancer equal in terms of DPS to everyone else there is still no reason to take them as everyone else can do DPS plus something else. It's the plus something else that gets a profession added to a team, not just pure DPS.

> >

> > Are we playing the same game? "everyone can do dps plus something else", plus something what, as far as i know, there are professions that were picked only by their damage, example elementalist (well, no idea if its still picked right now), do i continue with this?

>

> I think that the natural "survivability" of the necromancer could finally be seen as this "something else". The "something else" of the elementalist is still it's ability to deal more damage on large target.

You can ask Dace for what something else other profesions that only can bring dps can do. Now this conversation will be degraded to the level of semantics..... now what? something "else" of dps is...... doing more dps?

Well, little it matters now, we have seen buffs, i will not affirm that Anet thinks that necro need dps, but, that is what im looking right now in the last patch notes, so maybe Anet thinks that necro need some increase in dps. Sad thing, usually in the patch notes, they explain a little about why they did these changes, this time there was not explanation.

> @"Conqueror.3682" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > @"Conqueror.3682" said:

> > > >@"Dace.8173" said:

> > > > If you made Necromancer equal in terms of DPS to everyone else there is still no reason to take them as everyone else can do DPS plus something else. It's the plus something else that gets a profession added to a team, not just pure DPS.

> > >

> > > Are we playing the same game? "everyone can do dps plus something else", plus something what, as far as i know, there are professions that were picked only by their damage, example elementalist (well, no idea if its still picked right now), do i continue with this?

> >

> > I think that the natural "survivability" of the necromancer could finally be seen as this "something else". The "something else" of the elementalist is still it's ability to deal more damage on large target.

>

> You can ask Dace for what something else other profesions that only can bring dps can do. Now this conversation will be degraded to the level of semantics..... now what? something "else" of dps is...... doing more dps?

>

> Well, little it matters now, we have seen buffs, i will not affirm that Anet thinks that necro need dps, but, that is what im looking right now in the last patch notes, so maybe Anet thinks that necro need some increase in dps. Sad thing, usually in the patch notes, they explain a little about why they did these changes, this time there was not explanation.

The thing will always be this. The dps increase necro's got was not the result of a flat acknowledgement of the need for it, nor the direct application of DPS increases. The DPS increase was the result of transforming some traits into a more boon-driven approach to buffing. In otherwords ... if Anet just wanted to buff DPS on Reaper, they could have done it in a much more direct, simple way like they did with Cold Shoulder. But they didn't, so the motivator probably wasn't the need to give Necro damage, but that something 'else' that eludes us without Anet directly stating it.

Here is some speculation; I think the change to death Perception and Reaper Onslaught was a fix to address GS2 spamming to give more engaging play value to the Reaper and it was naturally sensible to apply some increased damage to that more engaging play. Let's pretend for a moment Reaper is a meta-level of DPS ... we can't ignore the fact that the approach to get that DPS comes with a second-life bar. Now, it's a long debate how 'good' that second life is but make no mistake, the ability to access increased damage with an effective increase in sustain is nothing to scoff at ... it seems to me that this is the 'else' that Necros have. If that's not a satisfying 'else', there is always the superior rezzing that almost any smart PUG group should appreciate doing new content.

The bottomline; Necro's got 'elses', they just aren't sexy like 25 stacks of might over 10 players sexy is.