Pets with Wrong archetype

InsaneQR.7412

There are some pets that have either the wrong archetype or have archetyoes that would be more fitting for other pets in the same family.

Blue Moa: Should be supportive instead of stout

White Moa: Should be stout instead of deadly

Wolf and Hyena: Honestly they should just swap there abbilities and archetypes. I mean a wolf in a pack and a hyena that fears you is more logical to me.

List will be expanded depending on comments.

I don't have anything specific to add, but generally I think there aren't enough Deadly pets with condition-based Beastmode F1 and F2 skills.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> Wolf and Hyena: Honestly they should just swap there abbilities and archetypes. I mean a wolf in a pack and a hyena that fears you is more logical to me.

I kind of agree, especially since enemy wolves summon allies. That said, spotted hyenas hunt in packs, and [according to the Wiki](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Juvenile_Hyena "according to the Wiki"), that's what the tameable hyenas are modelled on.

Also, hyenas should probably be classed as felines rather than canines* - although that might be a bit much to ask of a company that claims [this is an armadillo](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tremor_Armadillo_Roller_Beetle_Skin "this is an armadillo") and [this is a raptor](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Raptor_(mount) "this is a raptor").

*Yes, I know they're not either in real life, but they're closer to felines than canines.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> There are some pets that have either the wrong archetype or have archetyoes that would be more fitting for other pets in the same family.

>

> Blue Moa: Should be supportive instead of stout

> White Moa: Should be stout instead of deadly

Why? is there some sort of consistent Tyrian theme that blue means support?

>

> Wolf and Hyena: Honestly they should just swap there abbilities and archetypes. I mean a wolf in a pack and a hyena that fears you is more logical to me.

Hyenas in Tyria (and our earth) run in packs. Some wolves work alone.

But even if that wasn't true, I still feel this is imposing personal preferences at the expense of game play. The only thing that should matter is whether pets have interesting, fun, and useful skills (with some being more fun, some being more useful). If ANet also uses some consistent naming convention to make it easier to tell which pet does what, that would be cool, too. But consistency isn't their strong suit, and I'm not sure that it makes sense in the current context of how pets work.

> @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> Lightning Wyvern should be Ferocious, Versatile is wasted on it. Or maybe just switch the wyverns around so the fire one is Versatile and the lightning one is now Deadly, whichever.

First idea is better IMO.

Lightning wyvern is AoE stun and fire is cobdition based so deadly fits to fire wyvern but ferocious on thunder could be valid.

Verdatile is always somewhat wasted.

Celestial stat boosts would make more sense on it. Or boon and condi duration instead of boon and vitality.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > There are some pets that have either the wrong archetype or have archetyoes that would be more fitting for other pets in the same family.

> >

> > Blue Moa: Should be supportive instead of stout

> > White Moa: Should be stout instead of deadly

> Why? is there some sort of consistent Tyrian theme that blue means support?

>

> >

> > Wolf and Hyena: Honestly they should just swap there abbilities and archetypes. I mean a wolf in a pack and a hyena that fears you is more logical to me.

> Hyenas in Tyria (and our earth) run in packs. Some wolves work alone.

>

> But even if that wasn't true, I still feel this is imposing personal preferences at the expense of game play. The only thing that should matter is whether pets have interesting, fun, and useful skills (with some being more fun, some being more useful). If ANet also uses some consistent naming convention to make it easier to tell which pet does what, that would be cool, too. But consistency isn't their strong suit, and I'm not sure that it makes sense in the current context of how pets work.

>

First: No not becausr blue means support, because moa is mainly a support pet and has no supportive archetype and supportive fits most on blue moa due to f2.

And white moa is the only pet with a chill f2 that is deadly instead of stout. And stout also makes sense on moa. Thats my reasoning on that.

Second: yeah its personal preference, i nevwr said it isnt. I would rather want to run arround with a wolf pack than a hyena pack and i am less afraid of a wolf than a hyena. Hyenas are kinda scary and creepy with their laughs so i think fear makes more sense on them than on wolf.

There are a few inconsistencies in pet archetypes. I think the Moas stand out because they have a (heavily nerfed for some reason) heal skill on F1 when merged but none get extra healing from Supportive to make it better. (Don't get me started on the _Outgoing_ healing nonsense).

Black Bear and Polar Bear are backwards if we go for the "all chilling pets are stout" rule.

Owl/Snow Owl also chills but is Supportive.

I am all for reshuffling pets. Archetypes are (currently) a Soulbeast only mechanic so it should be fine to make some more specialized than others. As long as we're considering game balance. Would having a Stout bird to merge with while you escape with Swoop (F1) be OP? I dunno, we'd have to try it.