Am I out of luck if I don't like Holosmith, but want to roam?

charliezarded.1892

> @"charliezarded.1892" said:

> I don't like Holosmith mechanically or aesthetically (not that that matter).

You're not the only one.

> I was wondering if there any viable non holosmith roaming builds, I cant find anything via metabattle. Thanks

Scrapper can be a solid support in large zerg fights. It's quite satisfying to see all of those green numbers.

• 4 weeks later...

Running Condi Core Engi with P/P, Elixir U, Rocket Boots and Elixir Gun. Pack it with a stat-combination that matches your playstyle and you will be able to rock :) I am running with mostly apothecary gear, rune of durability and some trailblazer stats mixed in to get 19k HP. Can sustain almost any burst (except if i stupidly spam skills against a condi Mirage), has a lot of mobility, condi remove and a lot of passive and active healing.

> @"Prinzsecond.4863" said:

> Running Condi Core Engi with P/P, Elixir U, Rocket Boots and Elixir Gun...

Why you use Elixier U with a Condi build?

I think it is boring to play every time the same build. I switching between Holo und Scrapper.

This Scrapperbuild i want to test the following days

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoCFpidZB+dB0ehl7jieVj1cdckOpPJsGCgNB-j1BFAB6r+D77PAwFAogHAwVKBRS5n66ACAcA48zP/8zPvmn5Z+5nnUAruMC-w

One other thing, borderlands are far better for roaming. EBG tends to be Zerg central, desert borderland is by far the best for solo roaming. Capping keeps is possible, but limited by supply carrying capacity. Best to roam with a small group if can, otherwise will be just killing dolyaks and sentry’s and tagging keeps to contest waypoint.

Scrapper is a perfectly acceptable roamer, though it lacks killing power. The thing with Scrapper though is that you really have to force your opponents cards if you want to win. It can do some decent damage if you're glassy but it's very difficult to maintain pressure on a good player.

My recommendation is to experiment with Scrapper for a while to find what you like, but avoid going with core Engi. There are a couple usable builds for core but honestly Scrapper or Holosmith are both far superior regardless of skill. Scrapper might have difficulty killing it's targets but at least it can endure outnumbered fights all day long and stalemate pretty much anything if it can't kill it. Core Engi only has nasty burst potential whether it's with a condition build or a glassy build. Failing that burst means you die or better have a safe place real near by to retreat to.

Ultimately, Holosmith is significantly better than Scrapper or core, but Scrapper is great for outnumbered fights, trolling and usually long 1v1's assuming your opponent is good.

My raoming (small groups of 2 or 3) get up atm: **_The Machine Gun Preacher_**

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUnsTBlXhlcBubBEqilJjSM8OgAgeur79Oc7SmvD-jVSBABhp8TjDEAKaI+b/B9vAAA8ABKUHgjKBpU9HSB43wI-w

And for when I join the ZERG, I change out my armour as the dps isnt needed so much:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUnsTBlXhlcBubBEqilJjKc7Smvjeur79WM8OgAA-jVSBQB67CAgCNEOSJoGOQAFSHAAegAKU9nss/QYU+RKA/GGB-w

and the pvp varient: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUnsTBlXhlcBubBEqilJjKc7Smvjeur79WM8OgAA-jJhXABgeBAW8BAMbZAA2fAA

lots of shared might and quickness. Team condi clear in the medi kit and blast finishers in egun#5's light field. stealth gyro for rezzing, stomping and escaping. 2 stunbreaks. tonne of sustain and loads of outgoing heals.

I'm considering running Scrapper once my booster runs out. The reason why I'd take scrapper over holosmith is because the hammer has natural defenses and mobility. I took scrapper into PVP once, and spamming rocket charge was enough to sink most players. But, since there aren't a lot of modern builds floating around, I'm not sure what I should take or why I should take it. Scrappers are so rare in WvW that I don't have a point of reference.

> @"Kyni.6123" said:

> > @"Prinzsecond.4863" said:

> > Running Condi Core Engi with P/P, Elixir U, Rocket Boots and Elixir Gun...

> Why you use Elixier U with a Condi build?

>

>

As Theologist said, Elixir U is a nice stunbreak + stability AND it is also usefull for Condi builds. The long quickness gives you not only a powerful AA condi-Boost but also makes skills much easier to place. That is why I prefer it over elixir S currently. Oh and you can stack weakness on the oponent, reducing his endurance Regeneration by 50% for quite a Long time.

And yes, playing always the same build is boring :) there are so many builds/tweaks possible that most People do not even consider.

Your Scrapper Build Looks nice, although I am not sure if you will be able to Keep up against constant condi pressure? (condi soulbeast, scourges, condi mirages)

> @"Prinzsecond.4863" said:

> As Theologist said, Elixir U is a nice stunbreak + stability AND it is also usefull for Condi builds. The long quickness gives you not only a powerful AA condi-Boost but also makes skills much easier to place. That is why I prefer it over elixir S currently. Oh and you can stack weakness on the oponent, reducing his endurance Regeneration by 50% for quite a Long time.

>

> And yes, playing always the same build is boring :) there are so many builds/tweaks possible that most People do not even consider.

>

> Your Scrapper Build Looks nice, although I am not sure if you will be able to Keep up against constant condi pressure? (condi soulbeast, scourges, condi mirages)

You are right. Weakness stacking is a good point. I should try this :)

And the condi clean is not the best.

5 by Reconstruction Field

2 using Heal (Reconstruction Enclosure + Cleansing Synergy)

1-3 Blastfinisher with Lightfield (Mortar Kit 4)

I hope this is enough.

I'm worried more about my anti CC

stun brake - only Reactive Lenses

stability - only Defence Field

Maybe i need to switch Rocketboots or Throw Mine. But Throw Mine is funny an Rocketboots is good mobility.

> @"Kyni.6123" said:

>

> And the condi clean is not the best.

> 5 by Reconstruction Field

> 2 using Heal (Reconstruction Enclosure + Cleansing Synergy)

> 1-3 Blastfinisher with Lightfield (Mortar Kit 4)

> I hope this is enough.

>

> I'm worried more about my anti CC

> stun brake - only Reactive Lenses

> stability - only Defence Field

> Maybe i need to switch Rocketboots or Throw Mine. But Throw Mine is funny an Rocketboots is good mobility.

>

>

Oh I completely forgot about Mortar Kit 4, gives you around 8-10 cleanses on a ~20s cooldown plus defensive abilities, curious how it will work out.

I would have said with the right dodging Timing, you are fine with the blocking + stab + stunbreak.