I need assistance and the ingame isn't working.

I recently returned to the game and realised that some how I deleted a character with farming bots I did not want gone. I tried to send in a ticket and was delied due to my "Guild Wars 2 Display Name". I checked the name 8 times and it was 100% accurate to the basic 4 digit code and : sign. I need help with this.

> @"Inurbane.3208" said:

> I recently returned to the game and realised that some how I deleted a character with farming bots I did not want gone. I tried to send in a ticket and was delied due to my "Guild Wars 2 Display Name". I checked the name 8 times and it was 100% accurate to the basic 4 digit code and : sign. I need help with this.

Do you mean you aren't able to submit a ticket via the web-form because of an error with your Display Name? Are you using the ':' sign in your Display Name? If so, that would be the issue. The Display Names use a period '.', just as you see here on the forums and in-game.

Good luck.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> >deleted a character with farming bots

> What does that mean?

I was wondering the same thing. The OP's post doesn't make much sense to me.

> If you had a char that had a bot program running then that’s against the rules and you’re not going to get it back.

Exactly.

> @"Inurbane.3208" said:

> due to my "Guild Wars 2 Display Name". I checked the name 8 times and it was 100% accurate to the basic 4 digit code and : sign.

??? Your Guild Wars 2 display name is: Inurbane.3208

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > >deleted a character with farming bots

> > What does that mean?

>

> I was wondering the same thing. The OP's post doesn't make much sense to me.

>

> > If you had a char that had a bot program running then that’s against the rules and you’re not going to get it back.

>

> Exactly.

>

> > @"Inurbane.3208" said:

> > due to my "Guild Wars 2 Display Name". I checked the name 8 times and it was 100% accurate to the basic 4 digit code and : sign.

>

> ??? Your Guild Wars 2 display name is: Inurbane.3208

hence the confusion.

> @"Donutdude.9582" said:

> If the support team declined to help you then there is not a great deal that you can do. You request an escalation by sending a private message to Gaile but that is about it I'm afraid.

This is _not_ how one requests an escalation to a senior CS Team Member. One would request that in the ticket. Gaile is not a member of the CS Team.

• ArenaNet Staff

> If the support team declined to help you then there is not a great deal that you can do. You request an escalation by sending a private message to Gaile but that is about it I'm afraid.

Hello. To be clear, sending me a PM would not be an action that would escalate a ticket. Please do not do that, as it would only make me very sad that I would not be able to help. You see, I no longer am ArenaNet Support Liaison -- I haven't held that job in 4 years and there currently is no one in that role. For me to take on individual support issues is far outside of the scope of my position and exceeds the time I could dedicate to that function, when I have so much else to do. I do sympathize with delays; I totally understand that sometimes, a player just wants another set of eyes on a situation, another view of an appeal to CS. But my getting involved on a regular basis would be a form of rudeness to my coworkers, and may engender the impression that somehow I feel that I know their jobs better than they do, which of course is not the case.

Ticket queues are dropping, the team was expanded to help with the process, and CS continues to strive to get the queues to a normal level and to respond as quickly as possible to everyone. I'm sorry that it takes longer than you would like, but know that we're keenly aware of that fact and are doing what we can to try to help more quickly.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"eduardo.1436" said:

> From what I read, maybe re-submit your ticket but if you used the "farming bots" change it to "R-Tron gathering tools" sounds better imo

By "re-submit" eduardo accurately suggests that you update the existing ticket (by responding to the latest e-mail on it) and not mean submit a new ticket.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> Hello. To be clear, sending me a PM would not be an action that would escalate a ticket. Please do not do that, as it would only make me very sad that I would not be able to help. You see, I no longer am ArenaNet Support Liaison -- I haven't held that job in 4 years and there currently is no one in that role. For me to take on individual support issues is far outside of the scope of my position and exceeds the time I could dedicate to that function, when I have so much else to do. I do sympathize with delays; I totally understand that sometimes, a player just wants another set of eyes on a situation, another view of an appeal to CS. But my getting involved on a regular basis would be a form of rudeness to my coworkers, and may engender the impression that somehow I feel that I know their jobs better than they do, which of course is not the case.

>

> Ticket queues are dropping, the team was expanded to help with the process, and CS continues to strive to get the queues to a normal level and to respond as quickly as possible to everyone. I'm sorry that it takes longer than you would like, but know that we're keenly aware of that fact and are doing what we can to try to help more quickly.

Oh my goodness! My apologies Gaile. I suppose that goes to show how much I have paid attention over the years as I had no idea that you were no longer affliated with that side of the business.

Silly Donut.

• ArenaNet Staff

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > Hello. To be clear, sending me a PM would not be an action that would escalate a ticket. Please do not do that, as it would only make me very sad that I would not be able to help. You see, I no longer am ArenaNet Support Liaison -- I haven't held that job in 4 years and there currently is no one in that role. For me to take on individual support issues is far outside of the scope of my position and exceeds the time I could dedicate to that function, when I have so much else to do. I do sympathize with delays; I totally understand that sometimes, a player just wants another set of eyes on a situation, another view of an appeal to CS. But my getting involved on a regular basis would be a form of rudeness to my coworkers, and may engender the impression that somehow I feel that I know their jobs better than they do, which of course is not the case.

> >

> > Ticket queues are dropping, the team was expanded to help with the process, and CS continues to strive to get the queues to a normal level and to respond as quickly as possible to everyone. I'm sorry that it takes longer than you would like, but know that we're keenly aware of that fact and are doing what we can to try to help more quickly.

>

> Oh my goodness! My apologies Gaile. I suppose that goes to show how much I have paid attention over the years as I had no idea that you were no longer affliated with that side of the business.

>

> Silly Donut.

Don't give it a moment's thought! I do watch the forums and sometimes I'm able to offer advice or suggestions or forward an apparent issue to the team. However, actively reviewing CS tickets and resolving escalated issues isn't in my normal day-to-day these days. :)