Choosing a class to roam

GrManosXD.3807

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"Pelto.9364" said:

> >Mostly thief does not require skill

> > @"Pelto.9364" said:

> > "Cloak and dagger + backstab"

>

> @"DeceiverX.8361" hey hows the D/D Power set these days. Super no skill required, right?

>

At extremely low level play by opponents, sure. Though I don't really think we should be basing anything from there...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"Pelto.9364" said:

> >Mostly thief does not require skill

> > @"Pelto.9364" said:

> > "Cloak and dagger + backstab"

>

> @"DeceiverX.8361" hey hows the D/D Power set these days. Super no skill required, right?

>

That surprise gank did not require any skill from the enemy thief. I claimed nothing else; I know D/D is hard because I'm trying to learn it at the moment. OP wanted good roaming prof which can kill enemies too: thief / deadeye is great choice for player who only likes to smile.

imho, if i see a mirage successfuly 1v3, I just laugh and take it with a grain a salt. Not to insult mirage players, but a person with no experience can hop into WvW with a mirage and win 1v3 these days, due to a combination of declining wvw roaming skills and class imbalances. I don't care how 'good' a mirage player is. If they were _really_ talented they would play a class that was a challenge. I have alot of respect for players that can 1v3 consistantly on the other classes. But Mirage is a complete joke in its current state (roaming wise anyway).

I roam on necro mostly. I have a mirage but don't play it much. Jumped into WvW with it yesterday for kicks, and even I felt like some sort of roaming god for a couple of hours. I actually had to log back in with my necro to get my ego back down to its normal everyday state.

> @"mulzi.8273" said:

> imho, if i see a mirage successfuly 1v3, I just laugh and take it with a grain a salt. Not to insult mirage players, but a person with no experience can hop into WvW with a mirage and win 1v3 these days, due to a combination of declining wvw roaming skills and class imbalances. I don't care how 'good' a mirage player is. If they were _really_ talented they would play a class that was a challenge. I have alot of respect for players that can 1v3 consistantly on the other classes. But Mirage is a complete joke in its current state (roaming wise anyway).

That argument is a complete joke. No, people dont just level a mesmer to 80, unlock mirage and suddenly beat everyone 1v3 in WvW. The skill level of players is vastly varied and there arent any "better" mirages than there are holos roflstomping players, spellbreakers running around immortal, dd near permastealthing or hell, even roaming revs killing in one staff spin.

If I used the same argument for spellbreakers in particular then I'd say any idiot can go 1v3 and regen 2k+ hp a second.

But *this* idiot which can roflstomp bad mirages on my own mirage happen to also play spellbreaker and is complete kitten with it and cant even go 1v1 against kitten players.