New Necro Elite Spec Idea: Vampire Hunter

Kuulpb.5412

I've had an idea for a long time about necromancers having an Elite spec, focusing on lifesteal and Blood magic, so this is the bare bones of it since evn though I've had the idea for a while, I can't really remember everything I thought of as I never wrote it down :(.

Elite Spec: Vampire Hunter ( Changed form vampire due ot m scrolling forums and seeing someone mention vampire already)

Weapon: Longbow

Shroud: "Blood Ritual"

- Place an interactable that whoever interacts with it gains Blood shroud skills (affected by your traits)

1 - Drain life to heal yourself,

2 - Drain boons and remove conditions

3 - Spill blood onto an area, all foes in the area are feared.

4 - Place an area of blood at your feet that follows you, draining life from enemies in the area and healing allies in it

5 - Apply bleeding to your target, when the target reaches 5 stacks of bleeding from this, they become "drenched in blood", and you gain "Blood experiments"

Drenched in blood - (5s) - Constantly bleed and lose boons

Blood Experiments- Heal 10% of your max health and your next few attacks drain life.

Longbow Skills: (1200 range)

1 - Shoot an arrow that heals you when it hits,

2 - Channel arrows into your target from many angles

3 - Apply cripple, bleed and weakness to your target

4 - place an area under you that makes your attacks unblockable for a time

5 - Trap your target in a ring of Bones that applies cripple and bleeding while they remain in the area.

traits:

Minor 1 - gain access to Longbow, Blood Ritual and Ritual skills.

Minor 2 - Whenever you bleed, you gain retaliation

minor 3 - Deal 10% more damage to bleeding foes.

Adept 1 - Ritual skills now also give you "Blood Experiments" - 60scd

Adept 2 - Retaliation applies bleeding to attackers

Adept 3 - Increases the duration of nondamaging conditions you apply by 10%

Master 1 - Ritual skills have no recharge, but cost life force and last 50% longer.

master2 - When you heal yourself or an Ally, grant 3s of retaliation and remove one condition from affected targets( 10s cd)

Master3 - Increase the efficacy of non damaging conditions ( e.g. Cripple slows targets by 66%, Immobilise prevents teleports)

Grandmaster 1 - Your Longbow skills now affect multiple targets ( 1 causes an AoE on hit, 2 - pierces, 3 effects multiple allies around your target, 4applies the effect to allies in the are, 5 spawns multiple bone rings in an area), Reduces recharge by 10% and increases damage by 10%

Grandmaster2 - When you steal life, heal nearby allies for the same amount you stole

Grandmaster3 - whenever you apply a condition, also apply bleeding

Ritual Skills: ( All rituals have a 3s cast time unless mentioned)

Heal - place an Area of healing that generates Life force the more allies stand in it

utility1 - Allies in the Area lose conditions

Utility2 - Allies in the area gain defensive boons ( swiftness, protection, resistance etc.0 for 10s

utility3 - (instant cast) Break stuns for you and allies, and gain 5 stacks of stability for 7s

Utility4 - Enemies in the area of your ritual taken 10% increased damage for 10 seconds

Elite - All Allies in the area of the ritual when cast gain 10% bonus Damage and Condition damage, and Drain life each strike for 10s

Please tell me your thoughts on tis idea.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> ... but do vampires even exist in the GW universe? I know that there are vampire bat creatures, but actual vampires..?

...That's a really good point, unless they added Vampires to the game I doubt they'd make a spec named "Vampire Hunter."

But they could call it _Bloodstalker_ or _Bloodmage_maybe? Or something else that just focuses on the blood/lifesteal/dark rituals theme. Even general names like occultist or thaumaturge could work.

Oh I have a slight tweak to my idea, what if we slot on a movement speed trait somewhere, like maybe the longbow thing - instead of Aoe, 10% dmg and 10% recharge it's AoE, 10% recharge and 33% movement speed, Just something to be a bit mobile, I know longbow isn't really a mobile weapon , so the 33% isn't neede,d but I read a few more posts and people do complain about necro's lack of mobility,

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> ... but do vampires even exist in the GW universe? I know that there are vampire bat creatures, but actual vampires..?

Yes. But they are both rare and the species is kinda more of a bat demon thing https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Vampire They are not common enough to have dedicated hunters. I'm working on my own take of a vampire elite spec called pulse tracker themed more around the charr.

> @"Lily.1935" said:

> I'm not sure about your spec. There is a lot of cleaning up that needs to be done with it. The bleed on retaliation is neat though. Trait needs to be called thorns though. Diablo reference...

Please say the cleaning up I would love any tweaking I want this to be so close to perfect that GW2 actually look at it and use it.

They need to love Necromancer more, so honestly Any fan concept people like a lot would maybe show gw2 what they need to add to tweak.

> @"Kuulpb.5412" said:

> > @"Lily.1935" said:

> > I'm not sure about your spec. There is a lot of cleaning up that needs to be done with it. The bleed on retaliation is neat though. Trait needs to be called thorns though. Diablo reference...

>

> Please say the cleaning up I would love any tweaking I want this to be so close to perfect that GW2 actually look at it and use it.

> They need to love Necromancer more, so honestly Any fan concept people like a lot would maybe show gw2 what they need to add to tweak.

Well, duration and internal cool down on the retaliation on bleed needs to be applied. Without it it's hard to judge it. Especially with interaction with the trait. I cant go into too many ideas because I have my own spec to design.

I would like some stuff like this

Vampiric Infection(Vampire beast have it)

possibility 1) It will be "unique" condition that you cannot remove and have lets say 3-5 stacks max that drain health and dmg that is done is 100%(or less) transfer back to you

possibility 2) Revork it for unremovable buff that stack up same 3-5 max stacks each stack will make you faster(in terms of moving and hitting) something like bloodthirst :)

how will be stacking work? IDK there can be some mechanic :)

let me know your opinion. I think 1) could be esiely OP but 2) can be fine

> @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> I would like some stuff like this

> Vampiric Infection(Vampire beast have it)

> possibility 1) It will be "unique" condition that you cannot remove and have lets say 3-5 stacks max that drain health and dmg that is done is 100%(or less) transfer back to you

> possibility 2) Revork it for unremovable buff that stack up same 3-5 max stacks each stack will make you faster(in terms of moving and hitting) something like bloodthirst :)

>

> how will be stacking work? IDK there can be some mechanic :)

> let me know your opinion. I think 1) could be esiely OP but 2) can be fine

Wouldn't my Blood Experiments + Drenched in Blood be those Unique effects?