Reworks: Mesmer, Deadeye, Herald, who's next?

I hope it's scrapper as well. Holosmith is fun but doesn't feel like I'm playing an engineer anymore. Scrapper does still feel like engineer but the skills and mechanic are not good. If like a mechanic I can use during a fight not something that only works when a player is downed (where even then it can fail because no default stability) which is disappointing considering that's all it can do. Plus gyros pathing and some of the effects are lame.

Everything about scrapper feels like a bruiser (being tanky with a hammer) but gyros don't line up with that theme IMO. If I was to think of a bruiser on an inventions themed character it would be something like armor and weapon mods that enhance the bruising ability.

Plus gyros are able to be destroyed so quickly on some situations they're not even alive for a second. I'd be happy if they made gyros invulnerable but only affected the engineer, then maybe they'd be useful since they could actually do their job. But then you still have the pathing issues.

> @"Matt H.6142" said:

> Check the main page, Herald has been announced as the next rework.

Oh you are right, revenant was another candidate I expected. But more on core and not on glint. But hey glint is usable underwater finally hurray.

But there is hopefully more in the pipeline that we could teased with :)

> @"NeroBoron.7285" said:

> > @"Matt H.6142" said:

> > Check the main page, Herald has been announced as the next rework.

>

> Oh you are right, revenant was another candidate I expected. But more on core and not on glint. But hey glint is usable underwater finally hurray.

>

> But there is hopefully more in the pipeline that we could teased with :)

I was caught by surprise at that, because core revenant and renegade probably need more work than Herald, but my guess is that Herald's is of smaller scope and easier to slip in while bigger stuff is being done internally.

If you notice it, besides being made to work underwater, Herald's most significant changes coming are F2 being turned into a legend-sensitive multi-skill and a traitline rework. Certainly far away from Mesmer's rework scope.

> @"DiogoSilva.7089" said:

> > @"NeroBoron.7285" said:

> > > @"Matt H.6142" said:

> > > Check the main page, Herald has been announced as the next rework.

> >

> > Oh you are right, revenant was another candidate I expected. But more on core and not on glint. But hey glint is usable underwater finally hurray.

> >

> > But there is hopefully more in the pipeline that we could teased with :)

>

> I was caught by surprise at that, because core revenant and renegade probably need more work than Herald, but my guess is that Herald's is of smaller scope and easier to slip in while bigger stuff is being done internally.

>

> If you notice it, besides being made to work underwater, Herald's most significant changes coming are F2 being turned into a legend-sensitive multi-skill and a traitline rework. Certainly far away from Mesmer's rework scope.

Yep, will definitely test it out. But i have to admit I gave up on mainting rev as one of my mains. It also seems smaller then the deadeye changes. But imo herald wasn't in a such a bad spot so the smaller changed could be great. Condi cleanses in shield will be really interesting. The lack of cleanses were the biggest weakness before

> @"NeroBoron.7285" said:

> Yep, will definitely test it out. But i have to admit I gave up on mainting rev as one of my mains. It also seems smaller then the deadeye changes. But imo herald wasn't in a such a bad spot so the smaller changed could be great. Condi cleanses in shield will be really interesting. The lack of cleanses were the biggest weakness before

Yes, the smaller changes are probably THE reason why we're getting an Herald rework before more important ones.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> The funny thing is some people think scrapper got "reworked" because of the small changes they made back in December. The changes barely affected scrapper's gameplay at all.

>

> Next to see rework? Probably going to be tempest.

I am hoping for core ranger pets and some reiteration of soulbeast.

Scrapper needs a better class mechanic and the minion mechanic of necro is outdated and totally passive. And necro need better traits in many cases especially deadmagic.

Rev finally gets some love and i finally get an F2 that is useful for all legend playstyles. Although the core class still has stuff to be addressed.

Thief could use some more reworks, with the introduction of the rifle we now have two weapon sets on one profession which essentially do the exact same thing with one of them being a flat out superior version of the other. This shouldn't exist but instead of toning down the better one and make them essentially "copies" of each other I'd rather give the weaker one an overhaul so these weapon sets wouldn't have to compete with each other for the same thing anymore.

Necro? With Epidemic, Anet seems to have created a monster they can't handle... Maybe they should get rid of it (epidemic, not necro -_-), so we can at last have a fully operational profession (well thought / not broken), which is currently the only profession unable to exceed 30K DPS due to consecutive nerfs, regardless the elite spec'.