Will Stealth ever be addressed?

X T D.6458

This mechanic is completely broken especially in WvW, and always has been. It is not fun, it is not creative, it is beyond frustrating to fight someone who can disappear every 2 seconds and can still attack you at range for high damage. And even if you manage to damage them, they stealth and port away. How can you justify this type of design? I really want you guys to try roaming in WvW and fight the 95% of roamers that abuse stealth.

I don't think there's a problem with stealth necessarily. There, however, is a problem with stealth culling.

Every time a person exits stealth, the game then communicates to your client that their model is now visible and where it is. The problem with this is that by the time your client receives that information, typically the "revealed" status effect has worn off, allowing them to restealth again in seemingly no time flat.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> I don't think there's a problem with stealth necessarily. There, however, is a problem with stealth culling.

>

> Every time a person exits stealth, the game then communicates to your client that their model is now visible and where it is. The problem with this is that by the time your client receives that information, typically the "revealed" status effect has worn off, allowing them to restealth again in seemingly no time flat.

I have that issue sometimes in PvE, but I dont really care about stealth in PvE because its not competitive. Unless its used for an exploit, its not an issue in PvE as far as I know. In WvW it has always been a problem. It is unbalanced, and has little counterplay. Its just beyond broken and offers too much in terms of offense and defense. It should not do both.